[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feasiblity of Airsoft for Self-Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2219.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2219.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
Assuming the model of airsoft gun you chose looked genuine enough and you removed/painted over the orange tip, could an airsoft gun make a viable weapon? I think it has a few things going for it:

1.) The mere presence of a gun (in this case what seems to be a gun) very often deters a criminal from carrying out an attack.

2.) Airsoft BBs are very cheap compared to regular ammo and can be used for practice in your own yard without danger.

3.) Airsoft guns have virtually no recoil allowing for very fast follow up shots.

4.) There are no NFA regulations on airsoft so you can easily take advantage of full-auto firepower. They are pretty quiet and easily hearing safe without a silencer.

5.) Although non-lethal, airsoft BBs could stop an attacker via pain compliance or blindness if you targeted sensitive areas such as the eyes or throat with repeated shots.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
>>33999716
The airsofts only weakness
>A sweater
>>
>>33999716
Better off with pepper spray or a bat
>>
Feasibly of a pool noodle for self defense?
>>
If youre going to do this it has to be full auto with glass pellets or bust
>>
>>33999720
While an asp is a good tool for defense, it is not quite on the same level as a firearm or perceived firearm.
>>
Why airsofters are not welcome on /k/, I understand that some of them are wannabe commandos, but among them I've met many gun-owners and gun enthusiasts, that actually go to firing range.
>>
OP here, what's the feasibility of a shard of glass for self defense? I'm a felon and can't own guns, also in California. I pissed off my drug dealer and he said he's going to bring friends and get his money back. What do?
>>
>>33999757
Alot better chance than an Airsoft gun
>>
>>33999797
you are still better off than the airshit guy
>>
>>33999797
Imposter
>>
>>33999797
What about some kind of bang-kinetic gun, the kind that makes loud noise and shoots rubber bullets, even in my retarded country it was legal.
>>
>>33999797
You can own muzzleloaders and antique firearms. Get yourself an 1891 mosin and tally ho
>>
>>33999716
>Assuming the model of airsoft gun you chose looked genuine enough and you removed/painted over the orange tip, could an airsoft gun make a viable weapon?
No.

>1.) The mere presence of a gun (in this case what seems to be a gun) very often deters a criminal from carrying out an attack.
I don't think you understand that as soon as you pull out a gun (or what seems to be a gun) you are escalating the situation (that could very well end up with no harm whatsoever if de-escalated) into a life-or-death one.

Once the fight-or-flight response kicks in, there are two possible outcomes- either the criminal will leave you alone or he will do everything in his power to defend his life, likely by ending yours.

Considering criminals tend to be aggresive and confrontational (they wouldn't be criminals otherwise), the odds of the latter happening are quite high, and if it happens, you have nothing to defend yourself with.

Are you really going to bet your life on a bluff when the odds are against you? Especially when you have an option to either run orde-escalate the situation instead? That's not very thoughtful.

>2.) Airsoft BBs are very cheap compared to regular ammo and can be used for practice in your own yard without danger.
That doesn't make it a viable self-defense weapon, at all. It's still entirely harmless and incapable of incapacitating someone.

>3.) Airsoft guns have virtually no recoil allowing for very fast follow up shots.
Again, they are entirely harmless and incapable of incapacitating someone so the rate of fire is irrelevant.

>There are no NFA regulations on airsoft so you can easily take advantage of full-auto firepower. They are pretty quiet and easily hearing safe without a silencer.
None of this is relevant either for the reasons above.

1/2
>>
>>33999716
kek just get a gun, you're gonna get killed faggot
>>
Heavyset man raped and murdered. Numerous plastic balls found in orifice.

More news at 11.
>>
>>33999716
>>34000039

>Although non-lethal, airsoft BBs could stop an attacker via pain compliance
No, they couldn't. The pain caused by airsoft BBs would me a slight annoyance at best, would probably go completely unnoticed considering the criminal would be pumped full of adrenaline, believing to be in a life-or-death situation.

>or blindness if you targeted sensitive areas such as the eyes or throat with repeated shots
The chance of hitting the eye or the throat in a self-defense situation is so miniscule it shouldn't be considered at all.

Overall, it's painfully obvious you have literally no idea about self-defense whatsoever. You don't have even the slightest understanding any of the factors that play a role in situations like these. Educate yourself.
>>
>>33999797
So let me get this straight, you're a felon who fucks around with a drug dealer, whom I'm gonna assume is also a criminal, and you're seriously asking us for legal ways to get a gun/defend yourself?

Nigger, you're a fucking criminal too, do you know how easy it is for criminals to get guns in Commiefornia? It's literally easier for a criminal to get a gun in CA than it is to get one legally

Anyways, You're in this life now motherfucker, may as well go all out
>>
File: IMG_2221.jpg (286KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2221.jpg
286KB, 600x400px
>>33999793
>>34000039
>>34000060
>>34000064
>>34000069

OP here, I'd like to thank 4chan charters for helping me bring in this big haul, my family and I are set to eat for the next couple months.
>>
>>33999716
>Although non-lethal, airsoft BBs could stop an attacker via pain compliance or blindness if you targeted sensitive areas such as the eyes or throat with repeated shots.

You know, this might not be the craziest idea for certain situations. I wouldn't use it for self-defense, but a high rate of fire airsoft gun with a huge mag and the power cranked up to 600FPS or so might actually be decent for stuff like riot control or breaking up prison fights or whatever. It would work in the same kinds of situations they use those rubber ball filled stinger grenades for, but with a more directed and sustained effect.
>>
>>33999716
You sound like my idiot friend
>wants to drive uber
>afraid of robberies
>wants ccw
>want to conceal an airsoft gun

Get a real gun, accept responsibility, or just do nothing.
>>
>>33999716
If you pull it, you'll be facing a firearms charge or ten. If it was a real gun, it's going to be a firearms charge or twelve. What's the difference? You'll still be going back where you belong.
>>
It's like a 50/50 chance they run vs they shoot/stab you. Not worth it pham, your odds are better by running, complying, or getting a real gun.

They are at least good for cheap force-on-force training. Get some airshit identical to or similar to your CC gun, you and your buds head to the back yard with light protective gear and beat the crap out of each other.
>>
>>33999716
Anyone who gets stopped by getting shot by an airsoft bb (hell, even a full mid-cap mag) is a massive pussy
>>
>>33999716
Just get a fucking gun.
>>
>>34000262
Hahaha haha no, I've been shot with 600fps+ guns before, yeah they sting (a lot, but not debilitating), but if you're trying to stop someone with even moderately bulky clothes or is hopped up on adrenaline, you ain't doing jack shit
>>
>>34000848
600+ fps constant stream of 300+ rounds from a high cap mag to the face is fairly formidable. Worse than OC spray.
>>
>>33999797

I fucking hate criminals that are always on the fence. Just get a gun or a machete if they decide to do anything. Also, prepare to get gunned down.
>>
A basic .22 would run you almost as much as a nice airsoft gun.

But assuming you're underaged or live in a shit part of the world (California, Canada, parents).
I recommend a rifle. A basic AK or AR platform.
Fill it with upgrades (YouTube) until you're shooting 25-30 roinds per second and then just kind of spill that hose on full auto in the face off niggers in your house.

T. Airsofter for years
>>
>>33999716
No. If you pull an object that looks like a gun you can expect lethal force to be used against you so you better be able to use it back. Airsoft BBs don't hurt nearly enough to be used defensively, and I genuinely think you are better off with nothing than an airsoft gun.
>>
>>33999716
I remember some years back there was some sort of airsoft/bb gun that fired several thousand rounds per minute at 600-800 FPS and was good enough to break automotive glass.
>>
>>33999716
An airsoft gun would be a great self defense weapon against 8 year olds in light clothing.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.