[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ski-jump Into the thrash it goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: dUgeAy3.jpg (527KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
dUgeAy3.jpg
527KB, 2000x1125px
>Ski-jump

Into the thrash it goes
>>
Up the ramp it goes moar like.
>>
I can hear the sound of you being $150000 in debt from getting shot in school, Jamal Hernando Mike O'Brian. How's being 60% white of a nation and 20th in freedom internationally holding?
>>
>>33997999
Here's your (you)
>>
>>33997999
It's better than appearing on a UNICEF advertisement every morning asking Americans to donate 30 cents a day to feed you and your 12 siblings.
>>
>>33997722
You Amerifats need to give China a break. It's their second super carrier so why the fuck do you expect them to have achieved a Nimitz level design so soon? Perhaps, they will be moving from those ramps in a few years because even China knows that ramps are shit tier
>>
>>33998150
Pls be satire
>>
>>33998236
What is wrong with my post?
>>
>>33998248
The fact that you posted it. They aren't chinky carriers mate.
>>
>>33998277
Oh my apologies then. I've just been conditioned intro thinking that every-time someone posts a ramp bashing thread, it's an American picking on China. Who's carrier is it then?
>>
>>33998337
Blighty my dude, ramps are cheaper solutions and besides, these carriers aren't nuclear and don't have steam for days to put the C in CATOBAR. They do have the potential to have them fitted though
>>
>>33998337

>hms queen elizabeth
>>
>>33998429
They're shitter solutions
>>33998437
I see...... well now i look extra retarded. tbf Im not English though.
>>
>>33998465
>They're shitter solutions
as opposed to state of the art electromagnetic catapults that don't work?
>>
Daily reminder to report off topic comments.
>>
>>33998493
m8, im not a yank so direct your insecurity and bootyblast elsewhere. Catapults are an all around far more versatile piece of equipment than anicent and very primitive ramps.
>as opposed to state of the art electromagnetic catapults that don't work?
..............................what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>33998555
> anicent and very primitive ramps
You do realise steam catapults were used before ramps don't you?

Fucking retard

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/11/us_navy_emals_woes_uss_gerald_r_ford/
>>
>>33998595
>Time and progress stopped on January of 2017
Fuck, you seem to illiterate in this topic to warrant an actual discussion.

>i dont know what the word primitive means: The post
Why are you do deadset on defending a piece of caca technology? When even goddamn China & Russia are moving away entirely from retard ramps? Yanks and Frogs have never used them in the first place and they're maritime operations are top notch.

Is it a thing of national honor or is it just refusing to accept that Britain is no longer a big player globally and is a shithole fading into irrelevance?
>>
>>33998555

Wouldn't call ramps primitive or ancient since technically they're a newer form of launch aircraft (from carriers) and there's some science behind getting the optimum gradient.

But he's making a moronic reference to Trump's outburst calling EMALS 'digital' and insisting steam to be fitted instead.

Anyone who bothers about arguing over whether STOVL or CATABAR is 'better' without comparing it to what's actually required by said force who is procuring said carrier is a child. They both offer advantages and disadvantages.
>>
>>33998658
I said, “You don’t use steam anymore for catapult?” “No sir.” I said, “Ah, how is it working?” “Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air.”

Primitive isn't the same as simpler.

Objectively STOVL is better for UK carriers seeing as the crew needed on a CATOBAR is not needed. Allowing a battalion of marines on board.
>>
>>33998337
Nigger it says Royal Navy in the picture.
>>
>>33998687
>Anyone who bothers about arguing over whether STOVL or CATABAR is 'better' without comparing it to what's actually required by said force who is procuring said carrier is a child. They both offer advantages and disadvantages.

of course. It should also say alot that every country that isn't a shithole is dropping ramps altogether in the next decade
>>
>>33998658

It's because 2 carriers starting with one in 2017 is better than 1 carrier starting in 2023, almost a decade later. It's because the type of your carrier doesn't matter jack shit if its in drydock and you don't have a second one to cover for it. It's because it'd mean buying a second variant of F-35 as well given the RAF wouldn't want the C for their ones.

Frogs and Russians know this pain well these days, it's why France tried to go for 2 until their budget got fucked, and believing Russia's going to get anything done is just pure fantasy.

>>33998704

>Objectively STOVL is better for UK carriers seeing as the crew needed on a CATOBAR is not needed. Allowing a battalion of marines on board.

This is not the reason.

It's simply that EMALS was going to take far far too long to arrive, and would cost so much that only one carrier would be gotten.
>>
File: 1370641781645.jpg (81KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
1370641781645.jpg
81KB, 259x383px
this ramp meme bullshit is pathetic

what the fuck is wrong with there being a ramp? it means you can have a shorter runway and not have to design/commission a whole new line of aircraft you fucking window licking dumbass.

you guys are literal fucking retards. you clearly need the ramp more than we do seeing as you need it to roll into your special bus.
>>
>>33998710

Ah, yes. Real insightful comment my dude. Italy, Spain and Australia all operate ramped carriers. Now, regardless of your opinion of whether you personally consider those countries first world, they are considered to be.
>>
>>33998715
Its one of the reasons.
EMALS being shit, late and costly wasn't the only reason.
We've always used the Invincible Light carriers as commando carriers after the tiger class were replaced.

>>33998767
Also Less crew
Less spares to lug about/keep stored/ inventory for.
No turning into the wind required (it does help optimal fuel burn though)
Cheaper running cost.
Aircraft can literally roll off without catapults having to be reset launched and set up.
>>
>>33998767
India and UK are the only top 6 countries whose current long term naval doctrine still calls for ramped carriers. Take that as you will.

China is using their two primarily for training, and is RAPIDLY working on their new gen blue water supercarriers(rampless). Russia has one in the works already despite a very strained budget.
>>
>>33998769
those are not major militaries. Stop being a triggered faggot. I can't even tell whether you're the Brit whos been crying this whole thread or a Yank trying to defend bongs for whatever reason.
>>
>>33998793
okay... but that isnt really a reason to hate the ramp.

"the popular kids dont use ramps" is a pretty shit argument against engineering superiority.
>>
>>33998820
>"the popular kids dont use ramps" is a pretty shit argument against engineering superiority.
>constructing an incline is the zenith of English engineering

No but it's a very massive indication of the caliber of naval power in discussion, and it's concordant operational capability.
>>
Heres a thought:
UK:
First aircraft Carrier
First jet takeoff
First Steam catapult
First optical landing system
First angled flight deck
First ramped flight deck

The royal navy has always been on the bleeding edge of carrier technology.
>>
>>33998793

>Russia has one in the works

This is what Vatniks actually believe. I bet you think their giant world travelling nuke torpedo and "F-35 killer radar" is real too.

The reality is.

US - Uses catapults, has enough carriers to make it work
France - Can only afford one carrier, so has fucktons of downtime with zero carriers
Russia - Is never going to get that fantasy model
China - Is massively ramping up budget, how else do you think they afford it? And it won't be properly there for at least a decade or two to be in proper service
India - Has no clue what it wants, as usual
Australia - Got ramps. Just nothing to go off them. Everyone is confused.
Italy - Stuck with a ramp on the Cavour because they know there's a 5th generation fighter that is only outclassed by its OWN variant, the C, and it allowed them to get into 5th gen naval air
UK - Chose to have 2 carriers rather than 1 carrier to avoid the same nightmare that France has ended up in, knowing that STOVL with the F-35B is still better than any other naval plane out there bar the C, which is only owned by the US

It's called logic and the best choice for an individual country, rather than just random /k/ penis waving.

Having continuous coverage for real world operational needs and response times >>>>>>>> having a single ego project to sail around 6-7 years later than you need the carrier to be in service.

And it's all irrelevant anyway, the QE is designed to accomodate catapults when they want to put them on for a refit anyway, the designs for 50 years, so they can change over when they need to, rather than wait 6 extra years for it with no carriers around during a time of very high tension. Get them both in service, get planes flying off them, then upgrade them once you still have one around to cover during the refit period.

There's not a single naval aircraft existing or planned that can outclass an F-35B anyway, so people are getting their panties in a twist for very odd reasons.
>>
>>33998863

this. we may not be the biggest but we da fuckin BEST MATE

[heart of oak intensifies]
>>
>>33998863 <- And this is what we call reverse bait, someone pretending to be a super nationalist shillBrit to try and bait the Murricans.

>>33998868 <- This is proper replies.
>>
>>33998808

Comparatively to the rest of the world? They certainly are. All three are major western/NATO partners.

Also that's entirely irrelevant to the point. The only triggered faggot is you who screeches at others for discussing things.

>>33998793
>>33998852

Not really, your drawing conclusions based of parallels for shit that you haven't even read. Have you read India's or the UK's doctrines? I haven't, so I won't comment.

All I'm seeing is you lecturing others on as if you're opinion is fact.
>>
>>33998868
>existing or planned

I meant to specify "aside from the C", but I said it above it in the same post anyway. But I guess you know what I mean there.
>>
File: 1430582518717.jpg (76KB, 393x315px) Image search: [Google]
1430582518717.jpg
76KB, 393x315px
>>33998863
.... im fairly certain that Amerifats and Frenchies beat the English in the "first to use catapult to launch aircraft" question. All the british did was to use steam first
>>
>>33998877
its a valid point. Do the ramp bashers ever stop, look at previously established patterns and realise they may be wrong.
>>33998897
reminder that spring loaded and air compressed catapults were so bad that they never used them.
>>
>>33998894
>Comparatively to the rest of the world? They certainly are. All three are major western/NATO partners.
>i have no idea what the context of this discussion is

>>33998894
>Not really, your drawing conclusions based of parallels for shit that you haven't even read. Have you read India's or the UK's doctrines? I haven't, so I won't comment.

Nice deflection homo. Now back on topic
>>
>>33998870
cringe. Anglos are absolutely pathetic
>>
>>33998917

There's a difference between pointing out to "ramp bashers" (seriously, thats the term used?) are underselling the capabilities of a long runway + ramp + F-35B, and trying to say that ramps are objectively superior in an operational sense, which they aren't.

Their advantages are they are proven, quick to create, cheap to operate and enhance STOVL over flat deck STOVL. Thats why the RN went with them, because they know they get a huge level of ability with such a long deck and such a good aircraft. As I said, they want multiple carriers, not just one, so they took the cheaper option that still gives an enormous amount of capability, in excess of anything else out there that isn't American, it wasn't because they're just "better".

It's about individual requirements and balance.
>>
File: 0f9.jpg (81KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
0f9.jpg
81KB, 600x456px
>>33998945

aaaawwww im sorry. did i make you feel inferior?
>>
>>33998924

The only one who is deflecting is you. You've continually made dumb assertions that I've called you out on. And you know they're dumb because you're yet to actually defend a single point I've called you out on.

You can't keep making shit up fagass.
>>
File: end of thread.png (24KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
end of thread.png
24KB, 600x449px
So looking at these replies, there are no actual valid arguments against the ramp.
>>
>>33998953
> the most expensive option is better
>>
>>33998968
You haven't made any points other than "ramps r good and superior technology end of story kek". Seriously, dude brain damage isn't fashionable so i suggest you try something else.
>>33998962
No one in your country knows what a toothbrush is. Dont talk to me about inferiority.
>>
>>33998983
How are ramps the more expensive option? They are so fucking cheap that every rising shithole nation aspiring to naval power has one.
>>
>>33998983

I think you missed my point entirely.

The expensive one is the one with the greater in theatre capability in terms of launching aircraft. But it's very expensive. If you're someone like the US or China's growing budget, you can afford it fine (albeit in a VERY long term plan for China). But for people who aren't on the "top end" budgets (there's a big gap between 1-2 and 3 onwards) then they have to look at what they really want.

Thats why the UK chose ramps. Because they still get something exceptionally powerful in excess of any non-US country, but because going full on catapults would have reduced the program to a single carrier, which removes continuous coverage, which they considered unacceptable after watching the madness that is the French schedules.

That and they wanted carriers NOW. Not in 6 years.
>>
File: tumblr_mpnq7iByNt1qa9txao1_500.png (297KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpnq7iByNt1qa9txao1_500.png
297KB, 500x366px
>>33998998
mmmmmmmmmmm is that all you got?

thanks for surrendering to my language btw you submissive cunt
>>
>>33998998
>No one in your country knows what a toothbrush is. Dont talk to me about inferiority
> That weird moment when the UK has better dental care than the US thanks to the NHS.
>>
Second reminder to report ALL off-topic posts.
>>
>>33999015
>posts a picture of a man rubbing feces all over himself and brags about cultural superiority

Good thing you queers left the EU.
>>
>>33999025
What the fuck does the US even have to do with this discussion? Im not an Ameribese you obsessed queer.
>>
>>33998998
>>33999037
how does it feel to get bashed by fucking bongs? to the point you mention their teeth and EU.
>>
>>33999047
Read
>>33999025
the
>>33998998
thread.
>>
>>33999037

>mistaking blood for shit

is that because bloods coming out of your ass all the time because youre so butthurt?
>>
>>33999047

Relax dude. The English have so massive an inferiority complex that they have to spend every waking second trying to look for something to prove to Americans just to maintain a sense of pride and relevance. It's an almost reflexive reaction for him to mutter something about America anytime ANYONE from any country says anything critical about the English.
>>
>>33999073
Im not siding with your fatass, i'll just concede that the English are a European embarrassment

>>33999063
>>33999060
Again, what does America have to do with this discussion?
>>33999050
English teeth are notoriously shitty. It's a global stereotype and the fact that i can smell your stale Bovril shit breath through my speakers says enough
>>
File: 6WoA5zm.jpg (1MB, 2048x1972px) Image search: [Google]
6WoA5zm.jpg
1MB, 2048x1972px
tfw the arguing has transformed into redcoats beating the fuck out of furious merifats

well done chaps.
>>
>>33999073
You realise that the moment that any american on here sees anyone on here who seems to think they're slightly better on here seems to enrage the americans.
Thats real inferiority complex.

you americans are getting ripped to shreds on this threads by brits and you scream about their inferiority complex.

Do you know what a self fulfilling prophecy is?
>>
>>33999096
the septic mentioned the teeth first.
You realise the world says that about americans too. massive slack jaws with buck ass teeth and brushing your teeth with water that is literally worse than a sewage system.
>>
>>33999108

You people have a collective chip on your shoulder. Anyway, I wasn't here to ramp bash like >>33999096, i was just spectating the thread.
>>
>>33999127
> TFW not even a brit or commonwealth.
you americans get the slightest whiff that anyone has the slightest national pride and you shoot them down.
>>
>>33999125
Not in my country which receives far more Brits than Americans so the shitty teeth stereotype holds well here. Well let's go back to talking about the operational effectiveness of ramps vs CATs. Whatever odd spat you and the yanks have to resolve you can take to another thread so stop deflecting, you're not fooling anyone
>>
File: 1454444433711.jpg (629KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454444433711.jpg
629KB, 1440x1080px
I just want to talk about warships. I hate that navy threads are always so shitty.
>>
>>33999141
>We Americans

Bruh, 90% of us don't even know that there is a world that exists outside of our country so I highly doubt that some rednecks all over the country even think, let alone worry about other country's expressions of patriotic pride.
>>
>>33999149
>no replies
I guess i can finally take my breathing mask off now that the English and their poo breath have ran away from the argument and left the thread.
>>
>>33999198
being this fake
where you from you cavedwelling lowlife sperm catching oxygen thief?
>>
>>33999221
Austria
>>
>>33998062
hell yeah. nice
>>
>>33999228
Your about as useful to this thread as a navy is to your shithole of a country adolf
>>
>>33999252
Again, why are you all so sensitive about having a globally subpar navy. I didnt make any claims as to Austrian superiority, im just a curious observer wondering why a presumably moneyed nation still keeps rampshits around? Or are you took broke to afford a proper one?
>>
>>33999350
> Actually having a navy
> Actually having any form of half decent military.
> Actually having a country that has foreign affairs.
Fuck off adolf.
>>
>>33999350
Getting this wrecked twice and still asking questions.
> Or are you took broke to afford a proper one?
just read above
>>
>>33999369
>Delfecting once again
Truly a failed state. This isn't about my country m8, its about the English Caliphate and its """"""""navy""""""
>>33999380
>LMAO REKT SO KEWL
You all literally got so angry and emotionally wounded that you quickly changed topic and started crying about Americans for whatever odd reason
>>
>>33999470
how can an Austrian comment on something he has no expereince of?

Austria the rudest 'nation' (region of germany) in europe. no wonder the rest of the continent hates you my sad austrian chum.

2 world wars.
>>
>>33998767
Oh fuck sake I didnt see "licking dumbass" and thought you called him a window. kek
>>
>>34000225
Again, this discussion was never about me being Austrian. Why do you keep deflecting so much? You're not even in the navy, what the fuck would you know about naval operations? Also, is that what passes for banter in whatever shithole part of England you come from?
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.