[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oiling recoil springs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
So what does it do? I've noticed that the tension on recoil springs is decreased when oiling them.
Seems like that could be dangerous or unreliable if it's a hammer spring.
>>
It does fucking nothing.
>>
>>33996311
You need cosmoline my friend.
>>
>>33996311
The friction is reduced, not the tension.
>>
>>33996321
Well yes but isn't that the same thing.
Perhaps tension was the wrong word, effectiveness of the spring would be better.

Since friction is reduced it doesn't slow down the slide or bolt carrier as well.
And I've noticed that the hammer seems to swing down with less velocity when the main hammer spring is oiled in my cz.
>>
>>33996348
Cutting down on friction has a negligible effect on the resistance of the speing, it has a notable effect on the life of the spring. CZ's are known for super crap springs, personally I would choose the longer service life.
>>
>>33996360
Could you explain how oiling a spring reduces its lifespan?
>>
>>33996364
No, he can't. He'll spew some fudd-tier bullshit and then sperg out about how he's right though. Just watch!

All oiling a spring does is stop it from rusting. You just want to oil it lightly and wipe off excess so you don't attract dirt and dust.
>>
>>33996452
For once Zed is right
>>
>>33996364
>>33996452
Pretty sure about was saying pulling the spring gives it longer life. . .
>>
>>33996663
Holy shit phone. *anon was saying *oiling
>>
>>33996666
If you say so Satan
>>
File: question.gif (91KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
question.gif
91KB, 320x320px
>>33996360
>>33996452
you guys are making the exact same point and somehow still arguing about who's right
>>
>>33996666
Hell of a get
>>
>>33996348
>Well yes but isn't that the same thing.
Fuck no.

>seems to swing down with less velocity when the main hammer spring is oiled in my cz.
Which is why you measure anything that matters, because just estimating it like that is shit and fail.
>>
>>33996348

Reducing friction would allow the spring to decompress more efficiently. Unless you put in so much oil in a restricted area and created hydraulic resistance, which is unlikely.
>>
>>33996311
>tension
compression
sigh
>>
>>33996364
He was making the opposite point idiot.
Springs and all metal in general will live/last longer if properly oiled.
>>
>>33998829
This ^
>>
>>33996311
Don't oil springs, as oil can allow dust and lint and gunk to stick more easily any even impede travel.

Only oil wear surfaces.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.