[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The case for NOT cleaning your guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: cleaning-products.jpg (28KB, 765x527px) Image search: [Google]
cleaning-products.jpg
28KB, 765x527px
This guy says over-cleaning is more damaging than not cleaning guns because modern powder and percussion caps are much less corrosive than they used to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy1d662GVbs

How often do you clean yours?
>>
Overcleaning will not damage your guns unless you're using some pants on head retarded cleaner like the works with a steel wire brush or some shit.
>>
>>33996134
/thread.
>>
>>33996134
Can the steel brushes that comes in ak cleaning kits fuck up the barrel? Seriouse question.

My ak has green mountain barrel btw.
>>
>>33996134
This right here. In the military, overcleaning guns is a problem, but only because people use steel dental picks and shit. Thank that on autistic armorers demanding no molocle of carbon be left inside and I'm frustrated troops who eventually don't give a fuck about long term damage to a gun they don't own.
>>
>>33995928
Twice a year whether I shot them a fuck ton or not at all. Any more than that is superfluous.
>>
>>33998800
Brass is probably a better bet but, if your choice is between having a gun that's dirty to the point of malfunctioning and running a steel brush down the barrel, use the brush.

>>33995928

Lube frequently

clean every 3k(ish) rounds or if I'm going to be putting it away for a while.
>>
Ok /k/!!
Time to finally put THIS case to rest:
DOES SHOOTING GUNS DAMAGE EARS?!??
There's been millions of accounts on /k/ saying that shootings guns, indoors and with no earpro, does no damage and in fact improves hearing. Youtube has stated that the human ear can sustain 460 db before any damage is done, and guns only reach 15 db at most.
Are earpros theplot of jews to empty us of our money?
Please redpill.
>>
>>33999359
Not even short term, at least when I was in the army you got a new rifle every time you moved to a new base, which for me was about every year or so. So, yep, once its zeroed in enough to qualify with I didn't give a shit about them.
>>
>>33998800
are green mountain barrels good?
>>
>>33998800
>>33999458
They're fine. There's a few places that source their barrels. I don't remember if they offer CHF, but they do have a higher end line that have gotten good reviews.
>>
>>33995928
As long as you're not a fucktard and clean properly, then no, over cleaning doesn't fuck up your guns

>inb4 anecdotal evidence
>>
I mean, your bore won't need cleaning as much as you may be disciplined with modern FMJ, but the rest of the gun still needs regular lubrication. Cleaning a semiauto is more getting dirty lubrication off and replacing it with fresh dinosaur extract, and in the case of an AR-15 getting crap out of the chamber. Of course, lead can complicate the matter.

I had no idea how much shooting lead could fuck up a semiauto. Leaded gas blew back into the action and gummed up everything from the chamber back. The bore itself got gummed up as the lead rubbed off. Depending on bore-bullet fit, you gotta clean the gun much, much more frequently with lead. Like, every 50 rounds frequently.
>>
>>33995928
>How often do you clean yours?
Maybe once a year on average? Most of my stuff is slavshit, so as long as it's not rusting I don't care that much if there's some carbon on the insides.
>>
>>33999425
> 15 db
That's an outright lie guns can get in the 200s with the right cartridge, and hearing damage can be done with constant noise too. Outside in a field isn't as damaging as indoors but just pay the $50 for decent hearing protection and wear them and even if it's a scam you're playing it safe.
>>
>>34000000
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.