[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag here, just got my first gun and want to set it up in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3732.jpg (885KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3732.jpg
885KB, 3264x2448px
Poorfag here, just got my first gun and want to set it up in a home defense configuration but I got a few questions that need answers. First of all are there any cheap and good heat shields that work with the magpul forend without modification? My friend is going to sell me his 18.5 inch barrel and magpul shit for cheap. Secondly what's a good shell saddle to buy? and lastly how would I go about adding a choke to it?
pic related; it's my mossberg 500
>>
File: Muh Boomsticks.jpg (890KB, 1311x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Boomsticks.jpg
890KB, 1311x1198px
>>33994518

Just put on the 18" barrel and be done with it. Keep it simple and it will serve you well.
>>
File: Joburgs-dumbest-policeman.jpg (43KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
Joburgs-dumbest-policeman.jpg
43KB, 480x361px
>>33994518
Out of curiosity, why the hell do you need a heat shield (other than that it's aesthetic). Unless you're going IV8888 with it, you should be fine.

As for shells to buy, Federal, Remington, and Winchester are always safe bet. For self defense, 00 buck and slugs will do you good depending on location (apartment vs rural respectively). Salt rounds for tagging and less than lethal. Cheap slug rounds can be made from an ol' trick according to the dead ghost of Barry.
>>
>>33994559
Nice collection you got there. I guess I just felt like decking it out since it's my first gun and everything
>>33994579
Basically just for the aesthetic, makes it look 2 times nicer in my opinion but it's not a top priority and I know the trick you're referring to. cut shells right?
>>
>>33994518
> how would I go about adding a choke to it?
you dont its either threaded for chokes or its not. if it is great. if its not you buy a new barrel. its possible to get barrels threaded for chokes by a gunsmith but for something with incredibly common and available barrels like a mossberg its more cost effective to buy one.
>>
>>33994518
What do need the heat shield for? Do you plan on dumping shells through it and want to immediately grab the barrel afterwards? If so consider putting the gun in your mouth

>shell saddle
Velcro and a shotgun card made by everyone these days. If you disagree or want anything more expensive/heavier/bulkier/fragile then again kill yourself

>choke on mossman 500
Glad to know you spent money on something you knew nothing about and are asking questions later. Consider killing yourself to avoid causing hardship for yourself or others around you
>>
>>33994559
Nice pastel pink shotgun.
>>
>>33995004
Are you suggesting there is literally no use for a heats shield? Sorry I hurt your feelings by trying to make my gun look nice
>>
>>33995077
heatsheild only helps if you plan on magdumping and reloading repeatedly
with normal use and only touching the furniture you dont need it.
if you do get one get authentic mossberg not ati bullshit. build quality for a simple piece of stamped sheet metal is night and day.
>>
>>33995004
>Being this edgy
>>
File: 1489762415619.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489762415619.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>33995004
Dont try so hard buddy you seem new here
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.