[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over-Under Shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 75444_SROU_Sp12ga_28_EJ_LO.jpg (33KB, 1024x201px) Image search: [Google]
75444_SROU_Sp12ga_28_EJ_LO.jpg
33KB, 1024x201px
I'm wanting to get into trap shooting. I'm planning on joining a gun club with a trap range, but I need an entry level over-under shotgun.

Does /k/ like the Stoeger Field Condor or Mossberg Silver Reserve II better?
>>
I like O/U shotguns too, but wouldn't a break-top single shot be significantly cheaper?
>>
Mossberg, the stoeger Just always feels off.

But afterwards save your shekels for a Beretta or Citori.
>>
>>33993609
>>33993658
don't fuck with the mossbergs. save up and get a used citori if you want a decent clay shotgun. most O/U less than a grand are shit. buy once cry once
>>
Does one pull of the trigger=both barrels?
>>
>>33993823
no. one trigger pull fires one barrel, the second trigger pull fires the other barrel. the barrel is determined by a switch on top, reason being you have two barrels so two chokes
>>
>>33993823
Ask yourself what possible purpose firing both barrels at one time could possibly serve in any situation ever
>>
Doubles are expensive, but they are expensive for a reason. They take a lot of skill and care to be made well, which is why all of the cheap options (Turkey, China, Brazil) are basically the shotgun equivalent of monkey models. These guys (>>33993658 >>33993689) have it right; save for a used Browning Citori or Beretta Silver Pigeon if you want to get into trap shooting. If that is not a feasible option, then at least save yourself some money and don't buy the poorfag options new.
>>
Not OP but was thinking of a cheap entry shotgun for ducks or grouse.

first thoughts were O/U or side by side but they all seem to be far more expensive than cheap pumps
>>
>>33993884
I'd give both barrels to a charging chupacabra, bro...
>>
I've been looking at over-unders myself of late.
Where I am from, Miroku has a pretty good rep along with Browning and of course Beretta. Most common advice seems to be finding a used 686 (Silver pigeon) in decent shape to learn with, adapt the stock on etc. Parts availability, pricing etc might be different in murrica so take that with a grain of salt.

>>33993653
Perhaps, but you kinda want two shots when shooting clay pigeons. When you improve you might wanna have two pigeons come out in rapid succession etc.
>>
get a decent semi auto or pump (and learn to pump fast for doubles) or buy used instead of buying cheap o/u if you plan on shooting more than just occasionally.
>>
>>33993609
Baikal sporter is cool.
Don't buy chinese or turkish trash, you'll only sell those later and lose money.
>>
File: IMG_0104.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>33993887
Listen to this guy. Go for a quality used if short on money.
>>
>>33993609
Get a pump dexter you cuck
>>
>>33994027
Getting two barrels to hit the same spot needs good quality control, good quality control costs money. My advice is to find an old 870 wingmaster and use that until you can afford a quality semi or o/u
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.