[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTSD and discharge upgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: murica1.jpg (532KB, 1300x1130px) Image search: [Google]
murica1.jpg
532KB, 1300x1130px
Hey my dudes, I was in the USMC for 3 years and I was suffering from PTSD and depression for a decent amount of time after Afghanistan. I talked to my loved ones and after admitting to them that I had suicidal thoughts, they told me I should get some help. I asked to see the chaplain and then medical for a psychiatrist, some of my peers supported me, others told me to suck it up, unfortunately when I did go to the psychiatrist, I was then accused of malingering. I wanted to fight the article 15, but fighting it requires going to military court which carries higher legal risks than an article 15. So I took the article 15 since they told me it would be quicker and not as bad as getting court maritaled since being court martialed could put you in prison. I then got discharged with an Other Than Honorable (OTH). I was told the discharge would get automatically upgraded after 6 months. At first, I wanted to reenlist, but I got into college and decided to stay as a civilian. I later found out that my discharge being upgraded in 6 months is complete bullshit. I am now close to obtaining a bachelors degree, but it won't mean shit if my discharge is an OTH. I've had friends get turned down because of it. Now, to help my case for the discharge upgrade, I went to a civilian psychiatrist to get evidence that I was suffering mentally. I'm also planning to get a police document showing proof that I've been without a criminal record since my discharge so the DRB can be more sympathetic. Any other documents I should throw in there? Any statements? How fucked am I? I can't afford a lawyer, nor the flight to DC for a personal appearance. So I'm trying to get as many supporting documents from civilian doctors for my case.
>inb4 "stfu shitbag" by some divorced NCO or motivated boot
>>
>>33992905
you sound stupid. but you were in the marines so thats kind of expected. you're probably a bitch though, also taking the article 15 when you didn't do anything wrong is fucking dumb. if you know you didn't do anything wrong why the fuck wouldn't you fight it. anyway get a lawyer.
>>
>>33992948
I was told going to court was super risky.
>>
>>33992975
So you chose getting fucked for sure over having a chance?
>>
>>33993142
That chance also involved taking a huge risk, so yes. Fuck that, I could have gone to prison if my lawyer wasn't good enough.
>>
You're stupid and aren't telling the whole story if you got an OTH. What unit did you deploy with, where as when, what MOS. You sound like you were a mentally weak little bitch before you went in.
>>
>>33993240
Kek, found the NCO. Stfu you ASVAB waiver mother fucker.
>>
>USMC
>Article 15

I've never heard anyone in the Corps say Article 15.
>>
>>33993344
I would have said NJP, but I know that many non-Marines wouldn't know about that term since every other branch refers to it as the Article 15.
>>
>Marine
>Calling it an Article 15

Nice bait. Further more, it takes literal metric fucktons of documentation to have some one actually charged with malingering.
>>
>>33993538
That's why it took months to get me discharged after the NJP.
>>
File: 1488070687470.jpg (22KB, 459x278px) Image search: [Google]
1488070687470.jpg
22KB, 459x278px
>when everyone shits on OP after asking for help from his Military brethren
No wonder you bloody burgers in the military are always getting fucked in the arse by your own government. You stupid wogs are doing it to yourselves. That's expected from the friendly fire Americans.
>>
>>33993287

136 GT score, scout sniper, Sergeant, Sangin 2010-2011 here to tell you that you're a weak, lying and stupid little bitch. No one gets kicked out for malingering lest you've a piss poor attitude to everyone you come into contact with. If you'd actually only had psychological issues and said to even one NCO who didn't want to be punished when you killed yourself that you thought about killing yourself, you'd have been immediately removed from your platoon and placed under psychological evaluation and an inevitable MEDICAL DISCHARGE. You don't get an OTH for having suicidal thoughts, you get an OTH because you're such a piece of shit that some first shirt sees fit to fuck you out of any benefits you'd inevitably be clawing at to avoid having to hold a job where anyone would again ever tell you to do mindless menial tasks even your reptilian brain might comprehend. You probably wear grunt style shirts and wear a molle backpack to class. You stupid. Fucking. FAGGOT.

>>33993810

> when people believe going to a three month summer camp makes everyone else who also went to it their "brother" because that pog idiot lifer-hopeful yelling at impressionable and scared teenagers, yeah, his rhetoric is infallible.
>>
>>33994321
This, you generally don't get OTH for psych reasons. I got an honorable after I went to medical for help and they decided that they'd just discharge me instead of actually helping.

>jokes on them, I still want to kill myself
>>
>>33992905
Here you go, fuckstick.

https://www.swords-to-plowshares.org/guides/discharge

Statistically, the odds are hugely against you btw.
>>33994321
Thank god I didn't ever tell anyone about my depression in the Corps. That process looks like it's a huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>33993607
No no, documentation of you MALINGERING fuck face, like 'LCPL Anon spent 4 days at medical and was witnessed by several staff laughing manically in the lobby and shooting the shit with his buddies about how he 'got the golden ticket and is totally gonna get out early Scot free with money for the rest of his life!'
>>
>>33994321
Kek, you pathetic cunt. Incase you haven't noticed, many veterans get accused of malingering. Just look it up. Calm down will you? You're not a fucking drill instructor and I highly doubt you were a scout sniper you stupid fucking boot. Are you trying to be cute or someshit? Smashing the keyboard like a retard. You're saying I wear moto shit? Hhaahahahhaah
You're the jackass thinking he's a drill instructor.
>>
>>33993607
Dumbass, no Marine calls it an Article 15.
>>
>>33996524
I did here so that way people of other branches knew what the hell I was talking about.
>>
>>33994321
You really think I need the benefits when I come come from a well off family? I'm already going to college. The reason I want the discharge upgrade, and I'm just asking for an upgrade to General, is so it won't look bad when I'm applying to jobs you fucking imbecile. I'm actually trying to get somewhere and move on with my life. But it looks like you're still living with in the past, sad! You probably drive around with USMC stickers plastered all over your SHITTY vehicle. I bet you still have a high and tight, you Moto retarded fucking bitch. No wonder your wife wanted a divorce.
>>
>In this thread some POG popped his second piss test and got a $1.00 paycheck and a ticket home

>Looking for loopholes instead of just manning up and admitting he fucked up

Tell future employers the truth, you likely will have to work 4 years in a less than optimum job to get some work history to offset your poor decision making issues.
>>
>>33996537

Everyone knows what NJP is. Also you are not going to get a malingerer charge for seeing a shrink if you or your unit was in any heavy action.

What's your MOS, what unit were you in and when did you see actual combat?
>>
>>33992905

I am a hiring manager and prefer to hire former military.

I would call bullshit on your story and drop you to the bottom of the stack.

Your parents and friends may believe it, but no one else will.
>>
>>33996729
Bullshit, I mentioned NJP to an Airman and he said wtf is that? I then said article 15 and he understood. Don't believe me? Look up articles of the same shit happening.
>>
>>33996753
Ill take note of that when I apply to the McDonald's you work for.
>>
>>33996754

So what was your MOS, unit, and dates of combat?

NJP is not a Marine thing it is a UCMJ thing which effects every branch equally.
>>
>>33996770

At this point, McDonalds may be your best bet.
>>
>>33996779
The term NJP is used in the Marines more often than other branches. Every other branch prefers to say "article 15". You will often be greeted with confusion if you say "NJP" to a service member of another branch.
>>
>>33993810

There are shitbirds in every job. You know them when you see them. It's just like prison, every prisoner is innocent. Every OTH discharge was a mistake or some conspiracy.

Nothing about his story makes any sense. The first thing he needs to do is realize he can't dance out of this, he's going to have to work through it.

With enough successful work experience, an OTH has much less weight and some employers may not even check.

Sometimes the tough truth is the best medicine and fastest way to get back on track.
>>
>>33996660

I really thought you were a retard by the way you structured your OP, the lies you are trying to push and how you even tacked on that you wanted to re-enlist after all was said and done. Were you even in three years? And then you go on projecting that anyone who tells you that you're a moron must also be a divorced pog with a "SHITTY" vehicle, as if the car an anon drives somehow makes the words he chooses to call you an imbecile sting slightly less.

>>33996753

This. Only blind fools and neverserved would take your story. I'm asking again, what unit you served in, when you deployed and what your MOS was. The infantry world is a small one.
>>
>>33996865
I can see how the re-enlist thing raised a red flag, but I legitimately considered it at the time. Also, of course I insulted anyone who insulted me. Why wouldn't I? If someone calls you a dickface, you call them a cocksucker. That's just how it works. I don't know why you found that suspicious in any way. Also the "SHITTY" in caps was just to mock the way he was typing. You can ask all you want, I'm not going to give any personal information away. I'm just asking for help, if you're not gonna give it, you're being a waste of time.
>>
File: IMG_6012.png (545KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6012.png
545KB, 1334x750px
>>33994321

I'm fucking crying thank you this made my day
>>
>>33996898
what was your MOS?
that's hardly personal info and could never be used to identify you
>>
>>33994321
Not OP former 11b here Baghdad 2007. You sound like the biggest fucking motto toolbag I've ever seen post here. Go chew on some fuckin crayons champ, get that Jerhead blood pressure down. Marine fuckers are always high strung, I had some lifer retiree motto idiot who served in between combat years try to get on my shit one day over dirtbikes one day. Fucking type A control freak motherfuckers that never break the Marine conditioning. Extremely annoying to deal with
>>
>>33996898

The best answer is likely the one you don't want to hear.

Don't worry about what you don't control, work on what you do control.

An OTH is similar to getting fired. Your going to have to hustle to overcome it since it was your last job. Any work experience since then will help, no work experience while going to college will not look good.

Get a part time job or something to build up some work history. Start hitting up friends and family for referrals of people working for companies that may be hiring.

Your last job or a job similar to the one being applied for are the most important to employers. The more jobs with good history the less the OTH will be an issue.

That is all you control.

Fix it yourself, that's what life is all about.
>>
>>33996945
No one believes your shit OP. Stop pretending to be other people.
>>
>>33996969
Why we need IDs here
>>
>>33996965
Thanks, I will definitely do that.
>>
>>33996912
Most of my operations are still classified. It's why I got PTSD quicker than the average grunt.
>>
>>33997002
Kek, nice bait.
>>
>>33996973
We really do. It wasn't so much a problem in the last 5 years I've been here, but the last 6 months have been horrible with all the troll threads and people obviously samefagging their own shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 648x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 648x444px
>mfw reading USMC threads
>>
File: 1493534739109.gif (132KB, 326x52px) Image search: [Google]
1493534739109.gif
132KB, 326x52px
>>33997002
>>
>>33997002
I take back where I half assedly defended you by shitting on that motto Jarhead a few posts up. I hope someone finds you, DOX you, and Jarhead motto dude shows up to your house to skullfuck you into the afterlife
>>
You cant get kicked out for fucking malingering fuck OP and fuck this bait thread.
>>
>>33997029
you mean bait or army guy pretending to be a muhreen threads.

This is the case almost every fucking time.
>>
>>33994418
I keked at the last part, hey at least you still got a sense of humor, keep laughing, it will get better anon I promise, you just gotta keep laughing
>>
File: 7-1-696x861.jpg (111KB, 696x861px) Image search: [Google]
7-1-696x861.jpg
111KB, 696x861px
>>33992905
>>33993240
>>33994321
>>33993287
>>33996828

why do marines get so assblasted over stupid shit, what do they do to you people there?

it seems like every marin crops on /k/ is a trans-orbital assblasted space chimp that will do anything for a banana klondike bar

don't get me wrong i mean i appreciate you guys being a former army fag myself but i don't think you need to get assblasted infront of an audience that unironically watches catgirl japanese cartoons and jerks off to fetish manga, that's just unbecoming of a marine that's supposed to be a humble professional and not a supersonic assblaster space pilot
>>
>>33992905
>GIBS
>>
>>33997209
Dude motherfuckers in the Army don't give a fuck about being Marines or any of that weird shit. All that HOOAH HOOAH motto shit ends during the first deployment or a few months after basic. Only thing on their minds is ETS
>>
File: all outta fucks.jpg (108KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
all outta fucks.jpg
108KB, 640x920px
>>33997287

this

many of us have been used as cumrags for the big green cock of the federal war machine so we are looking for other niches in live where we can be a moderately productive member of society while attempting to be normal again, even though deep inside we will always be in a world of shit
>>
>>33992905
>I wanted to fight the article 15, but fighting it requires going to military court which carries higher legal risks than an article 15. So I took the article 15 since they told me it would be quicker and not as bad as getting court maritaled since being court martialed could put you in prison. I then got discharged with an Other Than Honorable (OTH).

You're full of shit. When you get put up for ADSEP after receiving an NJP you have to option of requesting a board review where you can fight the discharge. The board review is completely separate from going to court martial and has no other consequences even if lost.

That shit is explained to you when you sign the ADSEP paperwork with your command. They also give you the option to consult base legal before signing anything further.

Furthermore, who the fuck told you your discharge is automatically upgraded? You still have to go through SEPS & TAPS where they go out of their way to explain that is not the case at all. If you're too retarded to have googled any of this shit while you were going through the ADSEP process then I don't know why you should get an upgrade.

On the insanely off chance that your version of events is accurate, you need to consult with an attorney that specializes in discharge upgrades. Request a copy of your SRB and make copies of any paperwork you have from the ordeal.

What was your discharge code? Do you have a CAR? If not, eat a fat cock malingering piece of shit.
>>
>>33997410
Of course I have a car you fucking mongoloid. I already said I was from a well off family. What does that have to do with this thread?
>>
>>33997451

not sure if bait
>>
To be fair this guy probably isn't lying about not being able to fight the NJP. I got stabbed in the back with a Captain's Mast by one of my first classes and they really don't give you any opportunity to tell your side of the story, they just find the nearest, ripest asshole to take to pound town.

However the OTH thing is kinda shady, you'll usually get an Honorable or atleast a General after a Mast. The Navy only really hands out big chicken dinners if you've had a couple NJPs while you were in.

>tl;dr this guy isn't telling the whole story
>>
>>33997255
That's just how Marines are. It's part of this "I'm trying to be like a drill instructor" moto phase that many Marines go through. Especially after they EAS. They hated it while they were in, but after EAS, the nostalgia gets them every time, so then they act super Moto and shit. I don't think you Army guys go through that like mrins do.
>>
>>33997196
Yes you fucking can. Are you retarded? I've seen Marines get kicked out over stupider, less consequential shit.
>>
>>33997027
That wasn't the OP, that was bait.
>>
>>33998742
I had a previous NJP yes. That I'm sure contributed to it.
>>
>>33992905
I was a Marine, 0311 combat whatever etc. I got an honorable but was diagnosed with PTSD 2 years after EAS.

I live in a rural place but even at my court house there is a Veterans Affairs office. Usually staffed by nice women who are spouses of old time vets. There are ways to upgrade a discharge, but it doesn't happen automatically. Go to the courthouse and talk to the ladies at the VA office, they'll know what to do.
>>
>>33992975
By who? At best you had a mast rep, and he's not going to want to waste any more time on this than anybody else.

If you opt for the summary court martial it's a huge pain in the ass for all parties. The upside for you is, you can ask for expert testimony from additional shrinks. The downside is, it can take months to get everybody lined up and scheduled. You'll be either restricted or under arrest during this time.

The max penalties a SCM can impose aren't significantly greater than what you get at mast. The first thing you should have done is looked up the max penalty for the offenses you'd been charged with. Remember, they have to prove your guilt. You did their job for them by taking for the Art 15.
>>
>>33993410
Or office hours or Captain's mast.
>>
>>33998869
How recent? If you were stacking them in the period of 3 years then chances are that they wanted to get rid of you
>>
>>33996806
Bullshit.
>>
>>33998871
Than you for that. I was not aware of that. I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>33999076
NP just keep in mind stuff like that takes months and sometimes close to a year. So nothing you do will immediately benefit you.

Also about the whole NJP article 15 thing people are talking about. I don't know what other branches call it but we just said NJP or getting Ninja punched. But hey, even Chesty Puller was NJP'd twice. I wouldn't of even known what you meant if you just said article 15. I think I got an article 11 or something one time, a missing gear statement.
>>
>OP cant afford to go to DC to appear in person
>OP cant afford a lawyer
>OP comes from a well of family
Which one is it you lying fuck
>>
>>33998835

Do tell anon. The only Marines I saw kicked out were Med discharges for actual injuries, Piss Test flunkys (all dark greens and failed at least 3 tests), UAs that were rounded up and processed out, and shitbirds that refused to do anything (only two of these and both were dark greens and the process took almost a year)

OTH discharges are being highly exaggerated in this post.

Stop trying to make it sound like it is normal. It is not. You literally have to work at being that bad, go UA, or be a doper to get one.

You are not special. You get a OTH, your starting out in a hole and you are the only one who can dig yourself out.

>>33998972

Everything I wrote is factual. NJP is a part of the UCMJ which does effect all branches equally. Look it up Einstein.
>>
>>33998972

>>33999293

Oops, got a little hasty, my bad, please disregard
>>
>>33999187
Kek, I don't want them to get involved. It's my problem and I want to fix it. THEY can afford it, I can't.
>>
>>33999173
Yeah, everyone in the Marines refers to it as NJP, but if you tell that to other branch members, they'll look at you confused. They just call it article 15. Not sure why honestly. Has the VA office from your courthouse helped you well?
>>
>>33999360
Yet you let them pay for your college and car? Stop being a nigger faggot and admit you are lying or baiting
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.