[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do American soldiers lack good morale? I mean look at so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: giphy.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 400x225px
Why do American soldiers lack good morale? I mean look at so many of them that end in the streets and with mental problems. And it's not a recent thing, it was the same after Vietnam.
>>
to intelligent
>>
>>33991993
Because we haven't fought a war really worth fighting for in forever, combined with going against underhanded and inherently morale breaking insurgency tactics.
>>
>>33991993
>people join the military as a dead end kinda thing
>go in as a grunt and do dumb shit that doesn't transfer over to the civilian world
>get out with ptsd and no real world skills.
>have no clue how to reintegrate into civilian life.
>>
>>33992036

>implying insurgency tactics are any more traumatizing than being attacked by a modern military.

if our guys had to worry about airstrikes, drone strikes or modern armor they would be pissing their pants.
>>
>>33992134
>not even POGs would be safe.
for real though. the army is changing it's doctine to deal with near peer militaries like russia or china and our current system of chilling on FOBs and sending out patrols with air support and artillery abound is coming to an end.
>>
>>33992163

yeah, once guys have to deal with the fact that the entire military isn't there to save them, then the actual fear sets in.
>>
>>33992163
>the army is changing it's doctine to deal with near peer militaries like russia or china
So, I'm guessing that's sign that WWIII is around the corner?
>>
>>33992273
Not necessarily, that is how conventional forces have trained in the US since forever ago up until GWOT showed up.
>>
>>33991993
Imagine that the organization you willing signed up to fight and possibly die for is sacrificing efficiency and dignity so it can put your life at even greater risk to satisfy the politically correct demands of a group of people who think you deserve to be shot anyways then add on the fact that your too busy doing pointless menial labor and watching power points all day about sexual harassment instead of fighting your countrys enemies and tell me you wouldn't want to put a bullet in your head too.
>>
File: C9Zvi4SXYAI0NYj.jpg (104KB, 656x720px) Image search: [Google]
C9Zvi4SXYAI0NYj.jpg
104KB, 656x720px
>>33992352
this PC army BS in the US has got to go.
>>
>>33992433

jesus christ that is big-dawg tier. i hope you posted that ironically.
>>
>>33992433
>thinking that serving the kikes gives you any special status
That's one cringy patch I tell you what.
>>
>>33992510
damn i thought it was cool
i forgot about the kikes running everything, shoulda never came to this place
>>
>>33992852
>damn i thought it was cool
Then just rock it up, it's not like an opinion from a no guns Europe matters anything. :^)

>i forgot about the kikes running everything
No truer words were ever spoken.
>>
>>33992433
>>
>>33993208
>Gaiman
Seems about right
>>
>>33993208
>my genitals don't count! Respect my quasi gender lithesexual xe xim xir pronoun identity!
>>
>>33993208
That's a heavily flawed thought process. Part of the fun my friends and I have is good-natured racial banter. Watching Puerto Ricans and Cubans argue it out over whose shit island is less shit, as Brazilians and Panamanians make side comments before a bunch of white guys get involved is always fun.
>>
>>33991993
...that's not what morale means. Morale is about belief in the fight, not mental health issues. One has nothing to do with the other. You can have troops with no mental health issues who still have low morale. You can have PTSD-ridden paranoid hallucinating schizophrenics with high morale. You can also have "sane"/" fine" people with high morale and "crazy" people with low morale. Same with drug use. Being or not being a drug user has no automatic link to the will to fight.
>>
>>33993331
>The spirit that seeks to triumph in adversity and arms a man against the shock of battle is called Morale. The Morale of an individual or a group is not of necessity a measure of happiness or contentment; it is a measure of the cohesion and power of that individual's or group's resolve to pursue its object come what may.
--General Sir Rupert Smith
>>
Because the military is a demoralizing place. So glad when I got out and back to telling stupid retards that they are stupid retards, instead of having to stay quiet because "muh rank"
>>
>>33993208

Respect is a two way street.
>>
>>33991993
The morale of US soldiers in the fight tends to be among the highest because of a combination of leadership, discipline, comradeship, and self-respect. When they leave the military, they lose at least one or two of first things (leadership and comradeship). It's difficult to make a dining table stand up on two legs. You might manage it with three, not with one or two.

The foundations of morale include
-greatness/nobility of the objective
-vitalness of the objective
-action/aggression in methods
-feeling that what you and do matter directly towards attaining objective
-belief that objective is attainable
-sight that your organisation is efficient
-confidence in leadership, especially that they may spend lives but will not waste them
-knowledge that you will get a "fair to" from commanders and from the army in general
-knowledge that your weapons and equipment are the best your bosses can get you
-ditto living and working conditions

>>33993398
Yeah, because calling your boss a stupid retard on civvie street never ends in discipline or dismissal.
>>
>>33993512
>fair go, not fair to
>>
>>33992134
Never felt that you were unwelcome in some situations in your life?
I imagine that soldiers in hostile areas with civilians must feel that everyday until they go home. It's slowly corrupts your very core
>>
>>33993556
Especially when you think you can trust some friendly villagers and it turns out they were the ones laying IEDs in the road the whole time. telling the hajis your patrol routes ect..
>>
>>33991993
>Why do American soldiers lack good morale? I mean look at so many of them that end in the streets and with mental problems. And it's not a recent thing, it was the same after Vietnam.
It's not an American thing, most of those who went to war are at least a bit fucked up in the head from the experience, regardless of their nationality.
You only see it on Americans tho, because they're the only 1st world nation that sent any significant amount of troops to war since WW2.
By the way, there is also a ton of PTSD'd and mentally fucked ex-soldiers from Afghanistan and Chechnya in Russia, you just don't hear about them.
>>
>>33991993
Kikes. Fighting wars that do not benefit our country, the country we are supposidly helping, or anyone really. Except jews.
>>
>>33993208
What a coincidence. (((Coincidence))).
>>
>>33991993
Americans have no morale? I remember a country lost so hard they collapsed.
>*hint*USSR*hint*
>>
>>33993403

Not if you're a straight tall christian succesful intelligent male, shitlord, in which case my jealousy which is unknown to me due to my primitive brain, will surpass this "two way street" nonsense. The kikes taught me so in your public schools.
>>
>>33991993
a day in the life of infantry
>You will go to PT early as fuck, probably run a long distance and then be released to go back to your barracks for a quick shower/jack session. You will change and eat breakfast. You will have an omelette with ham and cheese and probably a Monster because you decided to stay up and play COD til 0400.
Then you will have a 0900 work call where you will show up to the company area for formation. Your morning will consist of either details or training (or sitting around doing nothing depending on how hungover your leadership still is at that point). Then you will be released for lunch. You will probably eat some form of chicken. Then you will return and do the same thing in the afternoon only it will seem gayer than it did in the morning. Then around 1700 you will be released for the day and if you are anything like my PVT's you will go back to the barracks and drink to excess before getting caught masturbating in an inappropriate place. Then your PL or PSG (whichever one is the least drunk) will bail you out of jail. You will then wake up the next morning and do it again.
Once a month or so you will spend a week in the field wondering why you wanted to be infantry. Then every other year or so you may deploy and you will remember why you wanted to be Infantry. At some point you will marry a fat chick just to move out of the barracks and then get a divorce when she sells your dog and blows your buddy on Rear D while you're on deployment. You will also get a lame ass tattoo that you think makes you seem tough even though everyone in the company knows you're a pussy. Finally, you will buy a Challenger that you can't afford, run up $30,000 in debt just in time for your discharge for pissing hot on a UA.
20 years later you will be diagnosed with jaw cancer because you spent every minute of your 3 1/2 year military career with a dip in your mouth. You will probably dip Skoal Mint. Or maybe Wintergreen. Enjoy!
>>
>>33994118

Christ, it's just not a fringe group of people but a sizeable amount of people who believe and think this.

Humility is pathetically rare in the places where it should be the most needed.
>>
>>33991993
Often no wife or own family to come home to. Away from the social scene for a long time, thus having no idea how to initiate mingeling.
>>
Because soldiers aren't training to be soldiers while combat vetted soldiers shit on the new people until they leave.
>>
>>33993907
We'll you don't tend to see British armed service members with the whole 'MUH ptsd' thing very much do you. There's probably a few, but nowhere near as many as in the US armed forces.
>>
>>33995357
could have something to do with the amount of british troops that served compared to the amount of US troops in the last 2 desert wars but what the fuck do i know. Maybe you guys are just too kewl for school
>>
File: Homer.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
Homer.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>33995357
>>33995372
The number of ISAF troops in Afghanistan peaked in 2009, when there were 10 000 British and 100 000 US servicemembers deployed in the country. That means there were about 10 times more American troops and therefore logically the US has 10 times more PTSD'd veterans.
Iraq was the same story, but with an even bigger US/rest of coalition deployed troops ratio. In 2007 there were 165 000 US troops deployed while the UK had barely 8 000 troops in country, meaning there were over 20 times more Americans than Brits.
I'm not trying to disrespect the Brits, it was a pointless war and sending even one soldier to fight there was a mistake imho (especially Iraq), but it does explain why there is considerably more American veterans with PTSD. Your soldiers are definitely not more "mentally tough" than theirs.

t. not an American
>>
>>33994247
Are you god...how do you know?..
>>
>>33993279
>Watching Puerto Ricans and Cubans argue it out over whose shit island is less shit
Can confirm, we love to bantz at each other.
>A-at least we're not a bunch of fucking commies
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.