[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lead safety while handling and cleaning guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: arek-akb15.jpg (91KB, 769x565px) Image search: [Google]
arek-akb15.jpg
91KB, 769x565px
I just got my first two guns last week after browsing for 5 years.

I bought an SKS and an old single shot top break shotgun (Canadian).

When it comes to lead I'm basically scared to handle my guns. My SKS has been sitting in the gunbag and every time I handle it I immediately go wash my hands with soap after.

I just cleaned the shotgun for my first time, greasing the internal action parts and cleaning the barrel.
>I did it outside with newspaper under it
>I wore vinyl gloves and ended up changing them a time
>I used shitloads of paper towels and cleaned everything meticulously after
>I'm sitting here worried that the bottom of my feet, my face, and my arms are all contaminated with lead

I'm not even making dinner for myself because I feel like there's some dormant lead somewhere on me.

I know I'm taking too many steps towards this but how do you all generally clean your guns and deal with lead while cleaning or at the range?

>I'm getting lead all over my keyboard right now
>>
>>33991542
unless you're wearing a mask while you shoot you're probably inhaling trace amounts of lead
;)
>>
File: REX-akb15.jpg (97KB, 592x439px) Image search: [Google]
REX-akb15.jpg
97KB, 592x439px
>>
File: ClI_QaGUoAAtJCe.jpg large.jpg (49KB, 715x358px) Image search: [Google]
ClI_QaGUoAAtJCe.jpg large.jpg
49KB, 715x358px
>>
File: qINWGx0.jpg (77KB, 604x451px) Image search: [Google]
qINWGx0.jpg
77KB, 604x451px
>>
FACT: 90% of gun owners die of lead poisoning. The other 10% are gun shot wounds.

You should probably just sell your guns to someone else.
>>
>>33991542
Don't be a pussy, leaf. You're not going to get magical cancer from just handling the guns.
>>
>>33991542
Anon, seriously, unless you're hanging around in an unventilated range all day or casting thousands of bullets by hand you're not going to have any problems with lead.

Just have ventilation and wash your hands afterwards like a normal person.
>>
The trace amount of lead you're exposed to by cleaning your guns won't do you any harm. Just wash your hands after and you're golden. Its lead over a long period of time that will fuck you, not a single dose of trace particles
>>
File: IMG_09012017_202444.png (485KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_09012017_202444.png
485KB, 640x624px
>>33992243
>>33992188
On cam people always handle their AKs even if they were shooting corrosive so I know I was being overly worried about it.

I don't want to touch my cock after handling guns especially. My mind wonders if the lead under my fingernails would eventually make it there. you feel me
>>
>>33991542
You're being paranoid, anon. Look, as long as you wash your hands thoroughly after you clean your weapon- both lead and cleaning oils and solvents are toxic- and after handling ammunition. Make sure you store these things away from your food, and you'll be fine. Most ammo actually has a jacket around its lead core. I spent years handling raw lead ammo without jackets and I'm fine, so you will be too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.