[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cap and Ball thraed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: walker.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
walker.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
Powder fags get in here

Whats a good revolver to start getting into cap and ball?
>>
File: 1437791831578.gif (41KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1437791831578.gif
41KB, 500x398px
Bump. Come on, somebody must own some
>>
>>33991469
I got an 1851 brass frame 44 navy, Uberti/CVA, for 350 in Canada.
Shoulda got the walker for 600 instead.

It's nice but it's a hobby for people with patience let me tell you what. Doesn't hurt to have rose colored glasses and a strong interest in western stuff.

I'm trying to get a bunch of pre made paper cartridges made for the next time I go out but that may be in forever from now.
>>
>>33991469

I've got 2 Hawken rifles that I inherited from my grandpa. one in .54 cal and one in .50 cal

I get pretty shit accuracy out of them but they're fun to shoot.

Uberti and Pedersoli make good revolvers. Pedersoli guns are more expensive though
>>
>>33991469
I got a pietta 1860 army with a spare cylinder for $220, at cabelas of all places. I really like the 1860. I heard the brass frame ones arent as durable because of it being made of brass, but have no idea if this is accurate, as mine is steel frame.
TL;DR : Seeing as it's the only model i own, go with the 1860 army, either pietta or uberti. They're both good.
>>
>>33991469

Army 1860 or Navy 1851, Pietta or Uberti will do fine. Buy a steel framed revolver, not brass.
>>
>>33993037
Agreed. Have an 1851 brass frame that I regret the fuck out of getting. Granted it was rough when I got it. Upside is I fot it for the low low ripoff price of $100 at a gun show from a sketchy as fuck old guy who was wearing an old german crusher cap and a fake looking ss dagger and some weird attire (tattered pants and dirty shirt/jacket). He was also selling old Nazi pennants and a few small flags, like podium front sized shit. I know next to nothing about Nazi memorabilia other than you have to cum on it before posting it on /k/ or else you're a faggot.

On other note, got a Traditions Kentucky rifle in .50 for $200, did I dun goof?

Also I need better nipples, recommendations? Been eyeing Thompson center shit but that seems kinda meme-tier.
>>
>>33993173
>fot
got*

I'm not retarded my momma said I'm just special
>>
File: 0542257bcafe746023ee7d889e91bab5.jpg (147KB, 3543x835px) Image search: [Google]
0542257bcafe746023ee7d889e91bab5.jpg
147KB, 3543x835px
I bought a Uberti 1851 Navy London without realizing the nearby store that sold black powder has since stopped doing so. Now I have no idea what to do with it.

At least I didn't buy the LeMat like I was going to, or pic related.
>>
>>33993173

Track of the Wolf for nipples.
>>
>>33993215

What are you missing? Powder? Caps?
>>
>>33993250

Just powder.

My understanding is that substitute BP doesn't meter right and is wholly inferior to the real thing for use in these firearms.
>>
>>33993267

Substitute BP is fine. Triple Seven is G2G
>>
>>33991469
Thats what the conical projectiles looked like? Chrsit no wonder people just said, fuck it and loaded them backwards.
>>
File: black powder.jpg (80KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
black powder.jpg
80KB, 1136x852px
Reporting in

Got these three and have a flintlock on order from MVTCo (holy fuck they take a million years)
>>
>>33994088
How hard are those revolvers to clean when compared to that rifle? I would like to get a Colt 1851 navy revolver, but I have a muzzle loading rifle (a Jukar caplock .45) that I rarely shoot it due to how annoying and messy it is to clean (it's the only gun out of the several that I own that I need to clean outside). It seems to me like cleaning a cap and ball revolver would likely be closer to cleaning a regular revolver and less annoying than the rifle.
>>
https://www.badmanbullets.com/cowboygunparts.com/cap-&-ball-nipples.html highly recommended
>>
>>33991469
There a bunch of youtube vids on the navy. What I can tell you is stay away from brass frames, they will bend over time. Pietta are great quality. Well worth the extra few bucks for something that will last and function. And grease your cylinders so you don't get any chain fires. Watch the vids anon. Safety first.
>>
>>33994415
The powder is corrosive. You need to neutralize it with water first. Yes water. Again plenty of vids on the correct processes.
>>
How many pyrodex pellets should I use for my brass navy cap and ball?
>>
>>33995322
Did you even read past the first sentence of my post you mongoloid?
>>
File: 1863.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1863.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
has anyone used toy gun caps?
Would they work?
>>
>>33996910
whatever is the equivalent to about 15 grains of FFFg BP
you could do 10 grains and it will work as well, you do not want powerful loads in a brass frame
>>
>>33997233
Yes but they are very corrosive and might melt.
>>
>>33991469

>be British
>muzzle loading pistols are the only handguns i can own
>tfw

Ruger old army cap and ball is fuckawesome though.
>>
>>33993017
>1860
People always shit on brass framed revolvers, saying they will shoot themselves loose. I've never had this happen to me. They're fine, plus they look a lot better
>>
>>33993267
Buy online. https://www.grafs.com/
>>
>>33998297
>saying they will shoot themselves loose. I've never had this happen to me.
They won't shoot themselves loose so long as you don't use heavy loads, if you only use light loads then you won't see a difference. There are pictures and posts online from people who have damaged their guns by using heavier loads that would be perfectly fine to use in steel frame guns.
>>
>>33998308

>$20.00 hazardous materials fee applies.

Eh. I suppose I should anyways. Thanks anon, I couldn't find anywhere that sold it online without requiring you to buy a whole fucking pallet.
>>
>>33999753

>Minimum order for powder is 4 lbs.

Ah fuck. I'm not sure I really want to be ordering $100 worth of powder right now either.
>>
1851 Armi San Marco

Good shooter but I'm missing some screws.
>>
>>33991469
Uberti 1851 navy. Quality, easy and cheap to feed.
>>
>>33994415
Cleaning the black powder revolver is an annoying process. Boil water, detail strip, dump in water, scrub, dry, oil, reassemble. Could last an hour to wholy avoid any rust spots.
>>
>>33992892
That's pretty cool. Pics?
>>
>>33999890
Either uberti or pietta might work. Try looking on ebay for parts. There's also vti gun parts.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.