[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DDI-12

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
So I've been wanting a Saiga 12 forever but with current prices I can't justify spending 2k for soviet bloc tech. Then this fugging thing comes out so I look into it and find:

DDI claims:
>DDI-12 not a copy but an evolution of Saiga
>has adjustable gas system for low-powered shells
>all the strengths and none of the weaknesses of Saiga 12 - badass motherfucker overall

What I found on a couple forums:
>shit finish
>front sight falls off easily
>still can't cycle some shells
>lots of factory defects with some guy having his gun blow up after first couple dozen shells

Anyone on here actually have this POS? Can you confirm?
>>
>>33990972
just get a vepr 12 for fucking 700.
>>
>DDI

that's all you need to know
>>
Get a VEPR you fucking noob. They are better shotguns anyway. Saiga 12s have always been plagued with lemons
>>
>>33990996
That was gonna be my plan. Only caveat with Vepr 12 is it doesn't take Saiga mags.
>>
>>33991010
They known to be shit then?
>>
>>33991021
Apparently that's mostly due to people using birdshot in them which don't have enough power to cycle Saiga. That's why DDI's adjustible gas system sounded like a good idea at first.
>>
>>33991083
VEPR is self fegulating. When I first got it it wouldn't run birds hot and it pissed me off. I called Molot and they told me to clean it, lube it, put 150 rounds of mahigh brass buckshot or slugs through it, clean and lube it again. I did that and now it runs like a fucking sewing machine.

And yeah the mags are pretty expensive, and the aftermarket mags are garbage, that is a real downside.
>>
>>33991039
so just buy vepr mags?
>>
>>33990996
this
>>
>>33990972
>I've been wanting a Saiga 12 forever but with current prices I can't justify spending 2k
Why would a person EVER want a saiga12 over a vepr12 anyway. They're objectively far shittier guns out of the box. The vepr12 just does what it's supposed to do from the start.
>>33991039
Holy shit, that's as retarded as people bitching about a vz58 not taking ak-47 mags. Jesus...
Vepr12 mags are better because they just slip in & drop out for max conveniences/speed, just like vz58 mags are better because they're necessary for the handy BHO.
>>33991163
>VEPR is self fegulating
More like just overgassed as shit, which is why there's literal welds between parts and it's even beefier built than 308/54r aks.
>>
>>33990972

The DDI-12 was the beginning of the end of DDI as a company. That is the gun that ruined their reputation in a way they never recovered from. Their all american AKs were the final nail in the coffin.

The DDI-12 was contracted out and made entirely in China. The failure rates with them are insane.
>>
>>33991184
I would except for the reasons stated by this anon >>33991163

>>33991341
No man, I completely get your second point but the reason I wanted something that takes saiga mags is that there's a ton of them available for fairly cheap. Plus a huge aftermarket in parts which this DDI claimed to share with Saiga.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.