[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

life out of the military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Any of you guys feel empty after leaving the military? I've been in 14 years and will be getting out in september and I'm just worried I'll miss it and crawl back. Anyone with real experience in the military got any tips for a deserting faggot?
>>
>>33988546
Sorry, neverserved. I'm thinking if you want out, you just gotta get a normal job or something.
>>
File: Untitled.png (262KB, 377x345px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
262KB, 377x345px
You better have a degree or a job lined up if you do youre gucci senpai.
>>
>>33988546
Thank you for your cervix.
>>
>>33988546
I missed it at first but I only joined to fight in the war and by the time my 4 years were up it was dying down. Use your GI Bill, get a decent job, use your VA home loan to buy a house, and just move on.

Or if you really think you'll miss it do your 20 for the pension. Or possibly National Guard and just drill 2-3 days a month.
>>
You're 14 in and not sticking around for 20? You better have something amazing lined up.
>>
>>33988546
>Not doing 6 more for the bennies
I mean why though?
>>
File: 723472364.webm (1MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
723472364.webm
1MB, 852x480px
>>33988546
>I've been in 14 years

So, why did you stay in for 14 year? Why are you stopping? What do you actually want to do?
>>
Wasn't too bad for me. The trick is to not join in the first place. You'd be surprised how well that actually works.
>>
>>33988546
Just go to school man.

Even if you were just an 11b, use that gi bill, you get bah while you go to school.

AND MAKE SURE YOU FILL OUT YOUR VA CLAIMS BEFORE YOU GET OUT.

Also, I hope you've been saving you're pennies m8.
>>
Get a govt. job. You'll feel like you never left!
>>
>>33988546
you need to have a plan, you're sorta dumb shit for not riding until retire
>>
>>33988546
GET THAT FUCKING PENSION
>>
I got out at 13 and went right into making 130k a year. I had a plan and stuck to it. There's a shit ton of transition services to help find work.

Find the civilian equivalent of your MOS and line up some work no matter the pay to hold you while you make your next move. Contracting is good and if you have a clearance state that up front. Write a different resume for each job you want.

PROTIP: I was a grunt in the army and I found grunt contracting work after wards.
>>
>>33993000
I'd have to agree with this - only 6 more years
>>
>>33993072
not that long in army time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.