[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

P30L vs USP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: th.jpg (4KB, 232x164px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
4KB, 232x164px
Any reason to pick the USP over the P30L?
>>
>>33988008
Just history
>>
>>33988008
>Not wanting John Wick's gun
>>
>>33988008
USP has dat turbo-recoil spring, should make hot loads comfier
>>
>>33988008
>>33988008
I have a P30sk and a USPc (and a mark 23)

Personally I like the ergos on the P30 better, however I feel like the USP is better built. Both have shit triggers compared to the Mark23.

>Also why not get the P30 not the L?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33988113
Regular P30 is also a great choice.
>>
>>33988113
It's not going to be a carry gun so I'd rather have the longer barrel
>>
>>33988008
The USP has a better trigger out of the box, the match trigger kit is also available for the USP but not the p30.
USP has the recoil buffer system, not just a nylon bushing.
On the 9mm and 40 USP you can get the jet funnel and mags, 18 rounds for the 9mm if I remember right.

The question though is if all that is worth it to you in face of the fact the USP is a wider and taller gun than the p30.
Can't go wrong with either.
>>
>>33988008

Both are great, but the P30 is just more modern

>usable rail
>adjustable grip
>ambi controls
>decocker position

USP is accurate and reliable in my experience, but if I had to choose based on use...P30
>>
>>33988175
>no s model
>doesn't carry cocked and locked
May as well carry a Beretta or a Sig at that point.
>>
>>33988195
It's the LEM.
>>
File: women operators.webm (3MB, 362x480px) Image search: [Google]
women operators.webm
3MB, 362x480px
I prefer the P30 because it's spatially a little more efficient, the modular inserts make it more ergonomic for 99% of users, and the CRITICAL thing: I have big meat hooks so being able to swap out the standard P30L slide release for the "S" slide release was essential to allow my strong hand thumb/hand to be positioned correctly on the frame. P30 is an updated USP, both are great.
>>
>>33988239
Well it could be worse, could be a glock.
But to each his own famalam
>>
>>33988330
It's a 4.5 lb trigger pull every time. After the first shot you hold the trigger right after it resets, you don't let it go all the way forward. It's like a single action with a long first pull. I thought it was the dumbest thing ever until I got one. I still plan on getting a Mk 23 and a USP in da/sa.
>>
File: IMG_3454.jpg (201KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3454.jpg
201KB, 768x1024px
>>33988176
If it's not going to get carried get a usp tactical or a mark 23. Both are better built guns than the P30 albeit slightly dated ergonomics and rail.
>>
>>33988008
One USP will accept all trigger variants.

The P30/P2000/HK45 series in V3 cannot be converted to LEM. If that matters to you at all and you want adaptability, this sucks.

I don't believe that you can get a match trigger for the P30, either.
>>
OP here,

A few people have stated the USP is "built better". Can you expand on this? What makes the P30 build less quality?
>>
>>33989183
The USP is a .40 gun scaled down to 9mm and it's based on the most dead 'ard pistol in history. It's built to take +p+.
>>
>>33989183
USP frame is solid. P30 frame has places you can see light through how thin it is. There really aren't many differences as the P30 is an evolution of the USP which itself is based on the mk23.
>>
Is there any reason that the P30SK is so much cheaper than the standard size?

I've heard a lot of people championing the merits of LEM over DA/SA. What do you all think?
>>
>>33989200
All of HKs new pistols should be able to withstand +p+ ammo. I don't know about the other guns but the USP is guaranteed to do 20k +p rounds before needing service.
>>33989204
It's a subcompact that's meant to be carried and viewed as replaceable. I prefer DA/SA but with that said LEM is nice too, you really need to have one in your hands to make the decision.
>>
>>33989265
>>33989230
accidentally responded to myself lol
>>
File: Gaggle of HKs 1.jpg (274KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gaggle of HKs 1.jpg
274KB, 800x600px
>>33989183
It's just talk and speculation, both are HK quality with insane lifespans.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668
>>
>>33989230
Personal preference

Personally ive spent way too much time with m92s in the army, my 1911, and my czp01 to not have a thumb safety and a SA trigger. Shit for holsters but picking a pistol up and being able to just pull the trigger feels like shit to me even if its the new norm.

Even now its like optional feature
>>
>>33989230
Even when I was a striker fag I touted LEM as the best thing since sliced bread, that said, you gotta. try. both.
>>
File: 20170515_180332.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_180332.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
My favorite pistol is my USP45 compact. I like that the USP comes in .45, but you can still pick other calibers, as well as the manual safety/neutral/decocker it has. I also hate finger grooves on my pistols, so there's that. If I had to pick a 9mm HK, honestly I'd go with the P2000sk series but that's just me.
>>
The P30 shares magazines with the VPs too
I bought a .40 P30L as a supplement to my VP40
>>
OP get the P30L. Looks great and with a TLR1 on the end it is easily the softest shooting 9mm I've tried. Biggest negative was it was very unreliable with bulk ammo within the first 300 rounds. No malfunctions since then.

>>33988875
>The P30/P2000/HK45 series in V3 cannot be converted to LEM.
Im pretty sure you can, but it voids your warranty. I think it's just LEM that cant go to V3 because of the lack of the cutout for the decocker.
>>
>>33988008
>Any reason to pick the USP over the P30L?

The P30 grip is not for everybody.
>finger grooves
>humped backstrap - no flat back option
>sandpaper texture harsher on your skin for cc than side of USP
>even with the smallest side plates, the grip seems wider

You might prefer the controls of the USP.
>thumb safety placement and ergos are a bit different - the P30 safety rubs my thumb painfully when shooting
>USP mag release slightly easier (IMO) to use with your thumb if you prefer that way
>USP safety lever decocks in third position, but P30 decocker is on rear of frame
>USP slide catch is solid af, while the P30 slide catch is prone to wobbling (on right side of gun)

The USP trigger is also slightly better ootb, although both are pretty good. That said, the USP has a factory upgraded match trigger, which is quite a bit nicer. The P30 has no factory match trigger option.

The full size USP has a cool recoil reduction buffer spring, although it's a little overrated, IMO. There is a USP Compact option, but the P30 only has the full size and subcompact models.

You can convert any USP to any trigger or handedness configuration by means of inexpensive parts swaps (DA/SA, thumb safety, decocker, LEM, right handed, left handed, ambi), but you have to choose whether you want the DA, DA+safety or LEM versions of the P30 when you buy it.

Granted, there are lots of reasons to prefer a P30 over a USP, but IMO, it's not a complete upgrade.
>>
>>33989183
Rose-tinted nostalgia goggles. They come out of the same fucking factory.
>>
>>33989843
>>Im pretty sure you can, but it voids your warranty. I think it's just LEM that cant go to V3 because of the lack of the cutout for the decocker.
You're correct, but a DA/SA P30 converted to LEM is going to either have a decocker or it's going to have a gaping hole for the decocker, which some people may not like.
>>
/k/ makes me want an h/k/ more than I knew
They both look awesome, USP has that nostalgic appeal but I'd lean towards a p30l in nein
>>
>>33991125
I've owned about 75 handguns - never all at once, but cycling through them over the years to try out everything for a shortish amount of time. The USP is the gun I keep coming back to. I have two USP Compacts and my next gun will probably be a full size USP45.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.