[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm having a tough choice choosing between an FAL or a CETME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: falcetme.jpg (27KB, 607x235px) Image search: [Google]
falcetme.jpg
27KB, 607x235px
I'm having a tough choice choosing between an FAL or a CETME
>>
File: Stg58 outside.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Stg58 outside.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>fal if you have half a brain
>ptr if you can't into waiting and reading
>>
Up to your taste.
What are your reasons for wanting one of the two?
If you're familiar with ARs, you'll like the controls of the FAL much more
If you have short arms, you'll hate G3 type rifles.
FALs have gotten a better aftermarket in the last decade or so, but the G3/PTR/CETME aftermarket is friendlier and more accommodating
>>
I work with AR platforms a lot so I'm used to it but not really a fan. Having short arms isn't an issue for me. I just want a good battle proven battle rifle in 7.62
>>
>>33986235
>If you have short arms, you'll hate G3 type rifles.

Actually you would hate both anyway if you don't have the proper stock or plate.
t. Pretty big guy that touched both.
>>
>>33986191

6'3 dude here and I still don't like the placement of the charging handle on the G3.
Admittedly I have a hard-on for the FAL but have shot both a fair amount.
I find the FAL a little bit pickier on feeding depending on the condition of the rifle, but have seen more internal niggles on G3's that prevent smooth operation.

I suppose like any other firearm, you will need to finger bang and shoot them as much as possible before you buy.
>>
>>33986191
Are you building from a kit or just buying a DSA/PTR? PTR probably makes better rifles, but if you're building a kit then it's kinda moot anyway.

CETME/G3
>better accuracy potential
>handles ingress of debris better
>cheaper mags
>violent action; kicks like a mule compared to most battle rifles
>mangles brass, but tolerates cheap ammo well enough

>much more involved build that requires at least some welding

FAL
>among the softest-shooting battle rifles available
>inherently less accurate, still capable of 2-4MoA easily
>built like a motherfucking Toyota Hilux, and if you do somehow break or wear out a part, it's all easy to swap out
>relatively more susceptible to dirt, but still extremely reliable as long as it's built right and you don't feed it TulAmmo
>more expensive mags, and you want surplus because DSA mags are finnicky and Korean ones just suck ass
>subjectively, much nicer ergonomics

>screws together about as easily as an AR, in much the same manner

>>It's the ducking Right Arm of the Free World.

Personally, I love FAL's, but the CETME/G3 is a plenty respectable rifle. Really, it just depends on what you want out of it.
>>
>>33986306
I'm gonna fucking shoot whatever asshole decided that when updating, my phone should also wipe its autocorrect library. Let me fucking swear in peace, Samsung.
>>
>>33986306
I'm sorry but just based on that list the CETME/G3/PTR-91 is the far better choice
>more accurate
>cheaper mags
>more reliable
>doesn't have problems with cheap plinking ammo
Yeah... I'll have with those
>>
>>33986191
Go with the CETME, my dude

>more accurate
>much more A E S T H E T I C
>better sights
>dirt cheap mags
>will eat any ammo you throw at it
>>
>>33986474
>>33986502

You guys are right, but I can never shake the feeling that running a G3 platform is like settling for a 6/10 cos she cooks instead of rolling with the 9/10 cos she requires more maintenance.

...but that could just be some shit I am dealing with...
>>
>>33986502
CETME is so fucking aesthetic with wood furniture but I still have a hard on for FALs. I'm just gonna look around local gun stores and see what I find.
>>
>>33986191
>CETME
You mean HK91, right? Why would you bother otherwise? That's like not buying a real-deal L1A1.
>>
here you go OP the only rifle that matters
>>
FALs are tilt bolt.

G3 clones have fluted chambers.
>>
>>33987653
>buying an overpriced shot-out piece of krautshit just for the rollmark
You are the kind of idiot that pays $300 for an AR lower just for the pony. The G3 is a cheap, shitty, stamped 3MOA rifle and if you pay over $1,000 for one you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>33987679
>spending over $1000 is an idiot
That's why I got mine for $950
>>
>>33986474
>doesn't have problems with cheap plinking ammo
This is probably my only reason to get a PTR91 over a FAL or anything like that. I can run it for so cheap and they look soo nice.
>>
>>33987679
>.t-poorfag
Stay mad. I basically stole mine at the prices I paid (1500 for the HK, 1000 for the L1A1, so 1200/850 in USD-ish).

Feels good not having to settle for less. And they were both in fantastic shape. Now I need an M14 to complete the holy trio.
>>
>>33987738
>less
They're the same fucking shit, there is no difference, you paid $500 for a rollmark.
>>
>>33986201
PTR is better in every way
>>
>>33987837
Keep telling yourself that. Maybe someday you can afford the real deal too. :^)
>>
>>33987849
can you still even get wood furniture for the PTR? I haven't seen any for a while
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.