[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gator Needs A Gat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (71KB, 1000x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 1000x633px
Going inna Florida soon.

What is the minimum pistol caliber for killing gators dead? Should I aim for the head or elsewhere?
>>
>>33983117
9mm or 45 acp should probably be enough out of an auto.357 if your more of a revolver person anything over that is over kill.
>>
No no

You have to use bath salts or meth, to kill a gator. It is the Florida way.
>>
>>33983218
I was planning on taking my .357 SP101 3" with me. Was worried maybe it wouldn't be enough. I'm from MI and never had to worry about large beasts and such
>>
>>33983117
they use .22lr on swamp people, i carry a .223 bangstick when i go innaswamp. make sure you're really under attack, they get tetchy about people messing with them with gator tags.
>>
>>33983330
*without gator tags
>>
>>33983330
Yeah it's purely defense I just don't want to carry a caliber equivalent to that of a sharp stick when it comes to being effective for gators.
>>
>>33983377

Leave the gators alone anon and they won't fuck with you. Gators are usually slow lazy unless provoked. Don't feed them, stay 20 feet away, don't provoke them in any way. If a gator sneaks up on you you're literally the most retarded in the world and probably deserve to join the food chain.
>>
File: ItHappenedInFlorida.jpg (1MB, 750x4250px) Image search: [Google]
ItHappenedInFlorida.jpg
1MB, 750x4250px
>>33983320
This
>>
>>33983444
there are also bull sharks, moccs, pythons, and a couple crocs in the water depending on where he's headed.
>>
>>33983492
I read somewhere that in Florida there's statutes that say reporters have access to the details of police reports that other places don't so basically
>Woman bites off coworker's fingertip during a fight
in any other state would be
>Woman injures coworker during an altercation
Making it far less saucy.
>>
>>33983117
Probably .9 mm caliber, but make sure you have a 30 fps high capacity clipazine.

But seriously just don't get too close to the water and you'll never have to worry. Gators just sit around 90% of the time.
>>
>>33984702
>bull sharks

Fucking terrifying animals.

They've caught the damn things a hundred miles up the Misssissippi. Fucking shouldn't have to worry about shark attacks swimming in a damn river.
>>
>>33983117
Minimum... I don't know. I'd tell you what I'd use though, a 12 guage slug.

If you go smaller pistol caliber, and it truly is a defensive situation, mag dump. Don't rely on one shot.
>>
>>33983492
Florida. Not even once.
>>
>>33987371
This is true, but truth isn't as funny as reality, so the meme lives on
>>
Lifelong Floridian here. You won't need a damn thing for "self defense" against a gator. You see one, say boo or move toward him and he's gone.

If you don't see him, and you're someplace where the Yankees like to feed them so they lose a fear of humans, the ones over about 8 feet long are a danger. Only because you won't see them coming. You wouldn't be able to do much with a firearm once he's death rolling you, and the only way that's happening is if you're already in waist-deep water or so where you wouldn't likely be carrying. Grab on so he can't twist an arm off and poke at the eyes, they wear out pretty quickly.

But the shorter answer is that a .22 is completely sufficient to kill the biggest gator. no one I know, even guys with gator permits, uses anything else. Head shots are completely effective; body shots with even a bigger caliber are pointless until it dies of infection 3 days later.

There isn't any animal in Florida you need a gun for self defense against. Period. Okay, maybe pit bulls. Well, okay, and some sharks, but a gun won't be much help. Otherwise, just keep alert and stay out of their way and they'll definitely be doing the same.

That isn't to say that you might not want a revenge bullet when you step on a rattler, moccassin, or get bit by one of those aforementioned alligators that the Yankees throw donuts at.
>>
I'm also going inna Florida soon, pls may I appropriate this thread.

Where's a good to go shoot around Orlando, Ocala and Tampa where I can rent funs? I've been to OGC and Oak Ridge before and will probably go back but would like to shoot rifles over an appreciable distance.

Pls help,
A. Bong
>>
Try the hog hunting while you're here. There's local outfitter guys that'll take you out there for not much. As for good places to shoot.. Well, there ain't much.
>>
>>33988737
>shoot rifles over an appreciable distance

100 yards or blow some redneck dick for a private land/range. Anything over 100 comes with some real stupid application process and such.

Tenroc isn't bad, outdoors 100yd range. Slow fire only at the pistol range--don't go there for pistols its shit. Rifle range is a little more lax, but no magdumps.
>>
>>33988799
Hog hunting sounds like a good shout, I'll look into that.

>>33988831
Thanks based anon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.