[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PCP Air Rifles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: bp2564w_3_3.jpg (237KB, 3000x685px) Image search: [Google]
bp2564w_3_3.jpg
237KB, 3000x685px
Alright so... anyone have any experience with these? I have picture related in the .22 variety being shipped. Supposed to be pretty powerful for an air gun. Lots of youtube videos of people shooing at 50-100 yards with pretty remarkable accuracy and power.

I hear pumping them up are a royal bitch, lots of people use scuba tanks or other devices to fill... but a single 5 minute hand pumping session is good for 20-30 shots.

They are supposed to be really quiet - much quieter than the classic 1967 blue streak I'm currently using to dispatch squirrels. The barrel is encased in a shroud which is like a large silencer.

Ordered a SWFA 16x to put on my .308 and gonna take the SWFA 10x that's on it for the PCP. Should be pretty legit.
>>
File: 17.jpg (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
1MB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 18.jpg (419KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
419KB, 2048x1360px
>>33982048
>>
Experience with PCPs or with a Marauder?

Shoot with one once, very accurate at 70 yards. According to friend every PCP is accurate at around 50 yards with correct pellet and pressure configuration.

To remove squirrel at less than 50 yards you can expect a kill per shoot.

Pumping is shit if you want to shoot a lot though.
>>
>>33982548
Shoot a PCP, I mean. It was a Hatsan one.
>>
>>33981601
Yes, I have a synthetic marauder in .25.

around 1.5" groups at 100 yards and 7 inch groups at 200.

They're great. Pumping gets tiring as fuck though. The .22 version uses less air per shot, so it might not be as bad though.
>>
>>33982675
Pumping would suck anyway, even for a .22
That is why everybody goes around buying scuba tanks and filling them to use, which just creates even more logistical problems.
Unless you buy a HPA compressor, which might means almost as much or more than the gun itself...

I am yet to understand why nobody finds a way to just hook a conventional air compressor to a HPA pump and work from there.
If you need 3000 psi coming from 14psi (atmosphere) and pump 100 times to refill, why not just hook it to a 28psi source and pump 50 times?
>>
>>33982675
What kind of pump do you use? The benjamin one or something else?

I've seen some devices that attach to a shop compressor that are supposed to be able to take it up to 3000psi relatively quickly... but they're like $600 so nix that....
>>
>>33982814
check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Lxa-IYJHo
>>
Serious bunch of manlets around here. Pumping is not hard. My pulse and breathing barely change when pumping up my PCP rifles. An FX or Hill pump isn't exactly a workout to use.
>>
File: 20170513_115619.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170513_115619.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>33981601
hey, an air rifle thread
I'm usually the one to start these.

Right off the bat i'm going to point you to American Airgunner, and Ted's Holdover on Youtube. Also AirArmsHuntingSA

I'm in YURP, so I only shoot sub 12 foot pound (16J) guns. On the flip side, 'murrican airguns can't hold a candle to euro ones.

I've shot blu tacks (cork board push pins) with my s400f at 50 meters. I mostly shoot springers though, since I like the improved logistics of not having to carry a bottle/pump. That said, my s400f classic .177 still gets an easy 70+ shots, so there is no need to refill unless you plan on taking more shots than that, and on a hunt/pest control session, you don't.

As for quiet - depends on your local regulations regarding suppressors/silencers. Yes, I know "silencer" triggers /k/, but on a subsonic air rifle, the name fits - you get barely a hush from a silenced pcp.

Pic related are my two plinkers. AirArms Pro Sport .177 with a Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 30 sf ir 1/2md, and a Feinwerkbau 100 (olympic-class SSP 10m air pistol)
>>
If you want to hand pump look to the Discovery or Maximus Rifles. I have a Maximus in both .177 and .22. They are great for hand pumping as they operate at 2000 psi instead of 3000 psi the Marauder uses. I am able to shoot about 35 shots and then refill to 2000 psi with about 50-60 pump strokes. Pumping to 3000 is a real bitch and you should get a scuba tank for those type of PCP Air Rifles.
>>
Air arms s400 master race, shooting HFT competitions, sometimes even winning one.
>>
I'm considering getting a Benjamin discovery, fitting it with one of the tko muzzle brakes, then splicing an extension onto the forend that extends to the end of the brake. Basically a mannlicher stocked, suppressed pellet gun. Thoughts ?
>>
Google or YouTube "big bore airguns"
>>
File: Warning_sign.png (303KB, 2000x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Warning_sign.png
303KB, 2000x1725px
AVOID DRY FIRING ANYTHING PNEUMATIC

Dumping all the energy immediately into the air, instead of pushing a pellet first, makes it much louder, enough to cause significant hearing loss. It can also be damaging to some guns, not designed to operate without the expected backpressure, such as spring pistons.
>>
Well this seems a good as a thread as any.
I'm gonna be picking up a pellet pistol later today to take care of some dick gargling rabbits that have been chewing up my bushes and letting weeds get in.

What do I do with the bodies?
>>
>>33987979
eat/bury/give to your dogs
>>
The discoverys are nice and they do make brakes to silence them, but I would resist adding anything to the stock as this could diminish the accuracy. Personally I don't think they are that loud.
>>
>>33987620
I have an s400 with a hawke sidewinder 6-24×56 30 sf ir 1/2md scope. Great rifle. I still prefer shooting my pro sport though - feels manlier somehow. That and i've been having a blast lately with my fwb100.
>>
>>33985895
Agreed on a couple of your Youtube choices... but just can't agree on American Airgunner. That guy is such a dweeb. Pretends to know a thing or two but he really doesn't. I'd pick Clive of AirgunReviewChannel over him, and that's saying a lot, what with Clive being such a big retard. Oh, and Fieldsports Channel is good, with their sub-channel Airheads popping up with about 1 video per month. You've got 66 in the archive to go through and a lot of fun and useful content to be found among those.
>>
>>33989980
i meant the channel, not Rossi. He regularly hosts Rick Eustler, Tom Gaylord, and others.

Then there's airgungearshow, home of the Twig.
>>
>>33990123
Ah, guess I'll have to check out that channel again. Formed my negative opinion a few years ago and haven't visited since but it sounds like he's opened things up a bit. Tom Gaylord certainly knows his airguns!

As for the Twig... good friggin' grief.
>>
>>33990123
Oh, and sorry, I meant AirgunGearShow. Don't know how that came out as airgunreviewchannel. Is that even a thing?
>>
>>33987593
I'm pretty sure the marauder is adjustable from 2000-3000psi
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.