[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18 and went to the doctor yesterday and answered a bunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1491391312887.jpg (101KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1491391312887.jpg
101KB, 1000x750px
I'm 18 and went to the doctor yesterday and answered a bunch of personal health questions. I admitted to having used an unlawful drug. Can I expect this to bite my ass in the future? I'm I a drug "user" on the 4473 from now on? Can I expect delayed or denied background checks? I've never been convicted or even arrested. I don't currently and have never regularly abuse drugs. Will this haunt me?
>>
>>33978179
Absolutely not, and you can sue the everloving shit out of your doctor if it does. Doctor-Patient privilege is a thing, and they're only allowed to report things if you say you're going to commit suicide or hurt somebody else.
>>
No.
>>
>>33978179
>Can I expect this to bite my ass in the future?

yes

laws change

people are more concerned about random rug nutters like yourself owning guns

than they are about doc-pat "confidentiality"
>>
File: thumbsup.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>33978179
Sue the fuck outta him for HIPAA violations if he did for whatever the reason let it slip. But he won't.
>>
>>33978179
No, but you're still a retard for admitting it
>>
>>33978179
Nope, I had a medical marijuana card in California for awhile and I never get delayed or anything on my 4473
>>
>>33978179
>I admitted to having used an unlawful drug.
You deserve to get fucked just because of this stupidity.
People started wars,killed people or much worse and always lied so they can get away with it.
Idiot I tell you what.
>>
Why on earth you would admit to having used an unlawful drug to a doctor unless you're there for rehab or something in the first place?
>>
>>33978179
nope.

>>33978296
this guy's a fucking idiot, absolutely no law will ever pass that retroactively undoes one of the oldest privileges society has ever established. learn "grandfathering" 101 faggot
>>
>>33978179
1. You're stupid.
2. No. Your medical files are protected under TONS of statutes. It would require a judge to let them be released and only under due process.

t. I'm a vet with diagnosed PTSD and I just bought a .357 last week.
>>
>>33978861
>Later on /K/

I see an hero developing.
>>
>>33978296
What is an ex-post-facto law, and why can't they be passed?

Read the constitution, you knob gobbler. You make the rest of us look bad.
>>
>>33978179
>ever admitting to doing drugs

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>33981171
Dude. If you do drugs, FUCKING TELL THE DOCTOR. You're protected, and it's important for tons of shit, like anesthetic and what prescription drugs they can give you.

If you're dumb enough to do drugs, at least be smart enough to tell medical professionals about it BEFORE THEY TREAT YOU.

Unless you like the idea of waking up while you're under the surgeons knife, or falling asleep and never waking up.

Better to just not do drugs tho.
>>
>>33978179
>>33981273
I know that drugs are fucking retarded and degenerate and shit. I've never avidly used them and never really want to use them again. I just want to know if my answers on the questionnaire might end up giving me problems with the nics, even though I'm not a current "user" of drugs, I have USED drugs. The 4473 asks if you're a user/ addict, of which I'm neither and have never been convicted or even arrested for any reason. I'm just paranoid about that kinda stuff. I don't want to go shopping for my new 12ga and the clerk tells me that I got denied because of that answer on the survey. But I also felt that my doctor should know my history, you know, because he's my doctor.
>>
>>33982977
Short answer: No it will not effect NICS/4473.

Not long but not short because HIPAA is tedious answer:
Medical records are confidential, unless the patient (you) say otherwise. There are circumstances in which those can be shared but that falls under HIPAA guidelines, which is a federal law regarding the protection and sharing of private/medical health records. Usually it means it is only OK to share medical records between doctor offices for continuation of medical care and/or share with others you specifically state it is OK to share information with, extenuating circumstances permitting. The only way your medical records are shared with law enforcement is if those specific records, have a warrant/subpeona for an ongoing criminal investigation, and those will be constrained by HIPAA guidelines as well.

Regarding 4473, it asks are you a CURRENT user of illegal substances. Were you currently an abuser of illegal drugs at the time you filled out the form? If 'No', what are you worrying about? If you have an underlying anxiety disorder, speak with your PCP to start treatment before it has adverse effects with your future and/or mental health. It is well and extensively documented that illegal drug use exacerbates or brings to surface underlying psychosis, especially in adolescents and young adults.
If 'Yes', congratulations you just lied on a official, federal paperwork, but then again how would they know you were lying?
>>
>>33978356
I call bs
>>
>>33983238
>>33983238
>>33983238
Alright that makes me more comfortable. And I know it doesn't matter, but for the record, I'm not a junkie, and was never a junkie. I smoked weed a couple of times in middle and high school. It was pretty stupid to be honest, so much glorification over nothing. If my records ever did get subpoenaed or for some hypothetical reason the HIPAA got repealed, could I be tried for something that I did in high school? I know I probably sound psychotic, but I really want to know the effects my actions will have on me in the future, especially now that I'm 18 and starting to make gun purchases. Thanks for the answers btw. This is why /k/ is best board.
>>
>>33983428
You are, in all honesty, starting to sound paranoid, which you shouldn't. You records are going to be subpoenaed unless you give them a reason to, which usually means that you have other things to worry about, like how you're going to swing killing a bunch of antifa goobers with dental floss and a potato cannon as self-defense. Smoking weed in high school isn't going to garner any attention from law enforcement at all, unless you give them a reason to crawl inside your ass and rearrange the furniture. They have bigger fish to fry. Even if it did, what proof do they have? Now if smoking weed is code for sexually assaulting a hobo with a cat you mummified or some other shit, nothing can help you but silence.
>>
>>33983600
*aren't going to be subpoenaed.
>>
>>33983328
nope, that shit is private
>>
File: faces_of_meth.png (309KB, 595x468px) Image search: [Google]
faces_of_meth.png
309KB, 595x468px
>>33978356
Can confirm. Had a mmc from Colorado, never prevented me from getting funs.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.