[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the rationale behind it being illegal to put any M16

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: ar15m16.gif (38KB, 550x385px) Image search: [Google]
ar15m16.gif
38KB, 550x385px
What is the rationale behind it being illegal to put any M16 trigger parts in an AR15? Obviously if you were dropping in auto sears and shit it would make sense but I do not understand why its illegal to put any part in the lower.
>>
>>33977992
>rationale
>gun regulation
>>
>>33977992
> it being illegal to put any M16 trigger parts in an AR15
It's not. You can have all the parts but the autosear and it's perfectly fine.
>>
What the fuck are you smoking OP? So long as your lower doesn't have a third hole and you aren't in possession of an illegal giggle sear your rifle can have whatever component you want.
>>
>>33978141
This.

I see FA hammers all the time in a1 parts kit clones.
>>
>>33978103
>>33978141
Wrong. Look it up, any part of a m16 trigger in a semi is illegal. I'm driving so I can't look it up
>>
>>33979898
Just a reminder you may live in a state with different laws about such things.
>>
>>33979898
You're fucking high
>>
>>33977992
My service rifle was an M16 A4. So never full auto only burst (aka FTF mode). So my civvie m4 on semi works just fine.

I don't know what the difference internally really is. I just know the sound it makes when it kills a man.
>>
>>33978005
/thread
>>
File: IMG_5611.png (400KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5611.png
400KB, 1242x2208px
>https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-appendix-b/download
>>
>>33981036
This means nothing.
>>
>>33981036
BATFE recommends not putting "M16" parts in. But that is not illegal unless it makes the gun meet the statutory definition of a firearm. Most ar-15s today come with non-notched hammers and fully shrouded firing pins. This means that they are just as capable of going full auto as an M16 without an auto sear if you remove the disconnector. Read the relevant statutes and read the case law if you want to know what will happen to you in court. Don't only rely on what the ATF says.
>>
>>33981648
Meant to say statutory definition of an MG (NFA "firearm").
>>
>>33981648
>dont rely on what the ATF says
>literally not listening to the agency that will decide to fuck you

This doesnt sound like a good idea.
>>
>>33977992
One of four is fine ish.
>>
>>33982126
>implying cuckstate governments won't decide to fuck you even if the ATF doesn't bother
>>
>>33979940
Wasn't it the A2 that was burst?
>>
>>33983340
I think the A2 was. As well as A4. The A3 was auto. Ask an autistic. I'm just a a guy who actually did it.
>>
>>33981036
But like 90% of ar15s have the m16 style BCG in them.
>>
>>33983615
Bcg isn't the same as a trigger group
>>
>>33983810
>In order to avoid violations of the NFA, M16 hammers, triggers, disconnectors, selectors and bolt carriers
>bolt carriers

He's right, though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.