[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle East Thread "ROAD TO DEIR EL-ZOR EDITION"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 64

File: NovoRazvaljotka.jpg (148KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
NovoRazvaljotka.jpg
148KB, 1200x800px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZYfwf4cV0o

Germany will look for options for the redeployment of its troops from the Incirlik base in Turkey to neighboring countries.

According to Haberturk, it said German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

In particular, Berlin allow redeployment of troops in Jordan.
>>
Turkey is no longer a safe place.
F-35 servicing is going to need a new home.
>>
File: PakFa.jpg (487KB, 1258x821px) Image search: [Google]
PakFa.jpg
487KB, 1258x821px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlejiWA_dtY
>>
>>33977147
Israel or Jordan maybe?
>>
File: 1464172633918.jpg (180KB, 700x857px) Image search: [Google]
1464172633918.jpg
180KB, 700x857px
Israeli cabinet minister calls to assassinate Assad.
>>
>Last thread dropped off before ever reaching the midpoint.

Get it together, anons.
>>
File: CharllyDollar.jpg (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
CharllyDollar.jpg
48KB, 512x512px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9NyL78kDUQ
>>
>>33977308
Italy already paid for facilities. They can make components.
>>
"Iraqi forces" claim to have captured 90% of western Mosul by now.

Exactly who these forces are, the newslet didn't say.
>>
>>33977359
LOL
>>
>>33977941
>kills 20,000 in Mosul
>no Western complaints outside amnesty international
>kills 35,000 in Aleppo
>western media has a story on it everyday for 4 years straight
>nothing since December
>>
>>33978463

You sound surprised?
>>
>>33977363
Things slowed down. I thought the SAA was going to test the waters after capturing Jirah airbase and even this area stalled. It is what it is. SDF continues in heavy clashes near Raqqa, maybe that's what the SAA is waiting on.

Minor clashes in other areas today but nothing unusual.
>>
File: ppujz1wkvjxy.jpg (40KB, 614x591px) Image search: [Google]
ppujz1wkvjxy.jpg
40KB, 614x591px
>>33978463
well seeing as how globalists have their money invested in the "rebels", it makes sense to portray them as innocent victims being crushed by the "evil dictator" Bashar al-Assad as much as possible, doesn't it?
>>
>>33978830
https://twitter.com/aali4573/status/864528912847687680

Pro SAA source claims IS attacking the Deir Ezzor airbase. This after Ruaf bombing raids around the city today. It's about the time of night when IS does launch an assault at the airbase across open ground and it ends in failure every time. IS never cares though.
>>
Tangential, but related:

- Erdogan is right now meeting Trump in the White House.

- Later on, Trump is going to Saudi Arabia for a pan muslim-countries summit. 50 countries will participate. Trump intends to hold a speech confronting radical islam.

I wonder if he knows just how mainstream 'radical' islam is in Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>33979206
He will bow before the king of Saud just like the presidents before him.
>>
>>33979185
Formerly known as Deir Ezzor SS claims IS has used a VBIED at the airbase. Possible large attack in progress. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/EuphratesPost/status/864534572326957057
>>
>>33977136
Turkey is now officially Daesh tier. The didn't allow German MPs to visit the troops because Turkish soldiers applied for political asylum after the habbening
>>
>>33979232
17 year old and 99% full of shit nidel going nuts over Deir Ezzor now. Says IS had suicide fighters inside the airbase.

https://twitter.com/Nidalgazaui/status/864539236686548992

That's it for me but I will be checking back later on this with whatever the real case is.
>>
>>33979241
Turkey-German relations are salty since the German recognition of so called Armenian Genocide.
>>
>But resolving Yemen's burning humanitarian crisis may take a back seat to scoring a blow in the regional rivalries with Iran.

>U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said last month that U.N.-backed talks are needed to resolve the conflict. But the Trump administration is considering an increase in intelligence cooperation with the Saudi-led coalition and has not ruled out U.S. assistance for an assault on Hodeidah.

>"The Americans are now much more hawkish on Iran," a Western diplomat told Reuters. "It's possible that they could support an escalation of the conflict in Yemen in order to send Iran a message."
>>
File: StumpRo.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
StumpRo.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>>33979628

>so called
>>
>>33979628
(You)
>>
So what's the fundamental difference between the Yemeni civil war and the Syrian civil war?
>>
>>33979726
Yemen has no clear end while the end of Syria is obvious that both the SDF and SAA will both come on top. It is only matter of tim.
>>
>>33979808
>inb4 Trump and Turkey go full retard and blow up everything leading to ISIS 2.0
>>
>>33979726

It sure is harder to find someone to like. Govt guys are Saudi backed. Houthi militia are foaming-at-the-mouth death to western imperialist fighters with friends in Iran - and Russia. ISIS and Al Quaida love it there and building alliances and figthing everyone they are not currently allying with.

Which means there is noone there you want to back. At least in Syria there are someone you might be willing to send guns to. Here it's just one bunch of throatcutters against another.
>>
File: Poze.jpg (131KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Poze.jpg
131KB, 960x640px
>>
>>33979206
>>33979220

What does the US stand to lose cutting ties with the Saudis besides oil? Aren't they just adding fuel to the fire enabling the epicenter of ultraconservative Sunni Islam?
>>
>>33980010
Money! Saudi's buy a fuckton of US weaponry and spend billions upon billions
>>
>>33980028

Besides the more obvious shopping, the Saudi rulers own stock and companies all over the world. Every stock exchange has Saudi representatives right and left. Pumping up oil and gas and selling it was never enough; they invest it and invest it well. NOT because they need more money but because they enjoy their economic successes more than most. After all, eventually you lose interest in building palaces and the 101st supercar is less intriguing than the 1st one. But who is complaining? The world runs on selling bling to rich guys.
>>
>>33979362
As bad as it might sound to some people I can't wait for the full stats that will eventually come out of Deir ezzor; just imagine how many total isis guys have died in that meat grinder
>>
>>33980010

Or, in the hypothetical situation that Trump decides that the US needs to freeze all relations with the Saudis? First of all Iran would be applauding madly. Then, every republican congress member would see his business-gift election funds dwindle and that's before the members with military manufacturers starts getting phonecalls they can't ignore. The oil price I am not sure of; the US can stop shopping Saudi oil but they can't stop the rest of the world from buying it and the Saudis would be looking for new customers very quickly. And finding them too, if they drop the price another few dollars.
>>
>>33980096
>>33980210
So much for "the West cutting all Muslims off for good" strategy then. Sounds like there are too many deep roots to pull out at once.
>>
>>33979897
Houthis only became anti-USA after we helped the Saudis bomb them to death for 2 years straight.

Don't believe the meme that the Houthis hated the USA anymore than Saudis/normal Arab scum.
>>
File: KarAleCSide.jpg (140KB, 1200x832px) Image search: [Google]
KarAleCSide.jpg
140KB, 1200x832px
https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/fr/map/desyracuse-cmo-syria-civil-war-map-15-may-2017_146347#8/34.552/38.573
>>
>>33980218

When it comes to the world of investments, yeah, money power can't be denied even in muslim hands.

That doesn't mean that we can't do anything. The more fundamentalist side of islam, and I don't mean bearded guys with AK's, are as interested in branching out internationally as our christian missionaries used to be back when the natives couldn't read and write. The Saudis help fund mosques everywhere, then send imams from fundamentalist schools to make sure the muslims don't become too 'westernized'. These guys 'reach out to the community' by holding speeches so rancid they'd curdle cheeze, and look out for loners they can really hone. This is for the most part NOT intended to create terrorists, not at all. They want to blend in, then slowly saturate until they are the majority.

What to do about this? Well, Putin found a way. He simply demanded that all organizations taking fund from other countries register every rubel and have the orgs branded 'foreign orgs'. That way you keep tabs on many things, including who funds the 50th mosque in an area with 5 muslims.
>>
>>33979628
>so called Armenian Genocide
>>
>>33980494
There most certainly needs to be more surveillance on the flow of funds. I just wish the West would acknowledge that the Saudis and the Gulf states are the primary reason Sunni Islamists are so empowered now, as much as Iran is doing the same for militant Shiites.
>>
>>33980437
SAA really needs to move to take this land, today. The Tiger force from Jirah could definitely do it, and they can push ISIS towards the Kurds.
>>
>>33980661

I don't really have anything against Sunnis, or Shiites or most of the other variants. They aren't inherently worse than Christians. You are born with parents of a certain group, and the first thing they do is drag you to the church or mosque or temple to get you stamped in. If you are in luck the local group is mostly focused on earning a living and watch tv or the goats, whatever. If you are in shit luck, you are an alterboy as soon as you get tall enough to reach the priest/imam/rabbi's zipper. The West need to haul back the priests and missionaries they still send out, as much as we need to get to grips with the imams. But we need to do it. My country has no more right checking up on how often christians go to church in China than the Saudis has a right to keep tabls on our local muslims. Oh, that is right...sauds have outlawed christian churches in their country? then we can return the favor, anything less would be impolite.
>>
>>33980792
I tend to see the situation as being less about the religion and more about geopolitics. The Middle East stagnated for centuries since the Mongols ransacked everything, so it doesn't take a lot for an opportunistic group to hijack the narrative of the religion by seizing holy sites for legitimacy.

The House of Saud aligned with the founder of Wahhabi puritanism (which demands unreasonably strict by-the-book interpretations of the scripts) to form Saudi states, seized Mecca, Medina and the rest of Hejaz from the House of Hashim (which controlled the region for many centuries), and, following a bunch of religious nuts seizing the main mosque in Mecca in 1979, began to distribute their massive oil wealth further and wider to fund their Wahhabi brand of the religion everywhere while elevating its status as a world power, wrongfully believing it would calm the Sunnis.

If the rest of the world could see through their bullshit things could had played out differently.
>>
>>33980792
>>33981217
Religion IS THE CANCER. From it splinters off so many other wrongs. You can wax philosophic on every last one of them until blue in the face, but at the root is religion. Every. Single. Time.
>Eleventy billion versions of the same fairy tale
Imagine humankind if religion wasn't a thing. I weep for my species.
>>
>>33981356
>Imagine humankind if religion wasn't a thing.

Widespread existential dread which inevitably lead to the invention of religion anyway.

You can get groups of people to cope with existentialism but the vast majority of them are too weak-minded to deal with the uncertainty or the lack of life after death.
>>
I have a simple solution, though. Put a minimum age, 18 or 21, to joining any religion. End christenings, bar mitzvahs etc by law. When people are old enough to drink, fuck, vote and be sent to war then they can be allowed to sign up with a faith. For one thing this would cut down dramatically of the clerical abuse of children. For another, the actual getting a choice in thee matter would probably trim down the religious ranks to people who actually was interested.
>>
>>33981841
>>33981356
>the vast majority of them are too weak-minded to deal with the uncertainty or the lack of life after death

Don't forget:
>No answers to why people have a sense of self.
>No purpose in life in the vast nothingness of space.
>No moral barriers preventing people from acting like total animals.

As much I don't like religion it's unavoidable in human nature whether you like it or not.
>>
>>33982085

Faith is a wonderful thing. Religion is someone telling you what your faith MUST be like, until the next time they update the holy manual.
>>
>>33978463
>kills 20,000 in Mosul

I guess cause that number is bullshit would be why
>>
>>33977136
Now we just need to get the nukes out of Incirlik.

Absurd that we still trust them with nuclear weapons.
>>
Do the Iran hawks have a point?
>>
For Americans (or any other nationalities for that matter ) who are against Communism, how do you justify or cope/justify with the fact that Kurds are Communists? I'm not trying to be a cunt about this, just curious.
>>
>Foreign and Expatriates Ministry on Tuesday described as “blatant aggression against the Syrian people and flagrant violation of Syria’s sovereignty and territorial integrity” the illegal US-led coalition airstrikes which killed dozens of innocent Syrian civilians in al-Ekirshi village in Raqqa province and al-Boukamal in Deir Ezzor.

>“On May 15th, 2017, the illegal US-led coalition killed more than 26 people in al-Ekirshi village in Raqqa province,” said the ministry in two letters addressed to the Secretary General of the United Nations and Chairman of the UN Security Council, adding that “the death toll is expected to rise due to the number of severely injured civilians and the huge destruction caused by the US-led coalition attack to the houses.”

>The Ministry referred to the US-led Coalition airstrikes against civilians in al-Boukamal city which claimed the lives of more than 31 people, the majority of whom were children and women, indicating that many civilians were severely injured while others are still trapped under the debris as the attack caused the collapse of several residential buildings with inhabitants inside.

http://sana.sy/en/?p=106249
>>
>>33977240

What's going on here? I don't speak slav.
>>
File: 1491524710324.png (320KB, 3555x2198px) Image search: [Google]
1491524710324.png
320KB, 3555x2198px
>>33983899
no
>>
>>33984359
why
>>
>>33982073
how dumb are you
>>
>>33979220
>He will bow before the king of Saud just like the presidents before him

I'd prefer he throat punch that fucker and then kick his shins.

Fucking Saudi's need to have their shit pushed in by their jihadi pets.
>>
>>33982142
Funny how religion is as much as a tool as guns are.

Give it to responsible people and they can put it to good use. But give it to mongoloids and power hungry shitters and they'll fuck it up for everyone else.
>>
>>33982073
I somewhat agree, no one should be forced to join any religion. Im christian myself but i support the right of choice, and a children isn't mature enough to decide this.
>>
>>33977240

Why do those jets look so dirty?
>>
>>33986561
Because they're slavshit
>>
File: 1471351797001.png (1MB, 1350x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1471351797001.png
1MB, 1350x1300px
>>33986561

Because They Are Not Gay!
>>
>>33980437
Quick run though. I was going to post this map , ya beat me to it. In addition pro SAA sources claim to have captured two villages south of Jirah. Not massive gains but it's something. IS claim to have destroyed a tank on this front as well.

To follow up on yesterdays IS Deir Ezzor attack it was repelled at the airbase. About 20 IS were killed plus two technical and a BMP says Ivan. SOHR says there is fighting around of 137th base and cemetery today with continued air strikes.

https://twitter.com/syriahr/status/864876402306412544

-In nearby Abu Kamal there was a possible US SF raid but little information on this.

-IS continues to nibble at the SAA around the Palmyra silos as they show no side of letting this area go.

-SDF/YPG continues to advance around Raqqa.

Fighting in eastern Ghouta and Daara with conflicting accounts. Again Deir Ezzor, Raqqa Palmyra, Jirah and surrounding areas are the main action i'm watching but am seeing a increase of action in the "safe" zones for tomorrow.
>>
From Yemen: 23 civilians including women and children killed today by Saudi led coalition at village Taez, according to Houthi rebels. Saudi Coalition - is SauCo okay? - confirms the attack but that it was a 'misunderstanding'.
>>
>>33984298
But Iran is complicit in assassinating a bunch of people abroad and sponsoring Hezbollah. And anyone with nuclear power can make the jump to nuclear power.
>>
assad must go
>>
>>33984298
I am a Iran hawk and I am 100% for their sovereignty, and then crushing them like the crazy ass fundie Arabs they are (and they ARE arabs, nobody cares that they are a special snowflake arab).

Reminder that they took a whole bunch of American hostiages for over a year, mined international waterways, attacked US ships, and other general niggery. They regularly call for my death, so I say let's meet them in battle and give them their gloryous fight.
>>
>>33987860
Cringe Mohammed, you're not fooling anyone. Saudi Arabians have kills thousands of more american lives than any Iranian has, you're not gonna get true Americans to fall for your shit, just like no true Americans fell for your Syria shit.
>>
New ISIS Mosul video, 44 minutes.

Quite the breadth of things covered. Includes English, Russian, and French speakers.

https://archive.org/details/nin.1
>>
Breaking of a SAA "Tiger forces" officer killed today named Ali Della. I would guess he was killed on the Jirah airbase front, in the villages south of there.

Lastly heavy fighting reported in the Deir Ezzor cemetery right now. Possible SAA offensive. Whatever the case the cemetery battle has been intense ever since IS took it months ago.
>>
>>33987908
Id post pictures and webms from it but I'm getting an "upload failed" every time I try no matter what I do? huh 4chan?
>>
>>33987918
They also ruined the best opportunity for dry humor. I guess ISIS isn't funny.

During the drone SVBIED footage they always do a little picture in picture of the guy grinning pre mission. With the RC car anti tank mine they shouldve done a little portrait of the RC car.
>>
>>33987903
Saudis can burn in a shitpile too, unfortunately for the time being we have to play nice with them while the government plays nice with us for various reasons. You can't expect a shithole sand nigger nation to actually control its people.

But both government and the people of Iran hate the US and have killed US service members in the past.

They wish for my death, I can and will wish for theirs.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-17+at+02.20.34).jpg (313KB, 1585x885px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-17+at+02.20.34).jpg
313KB, 1585x885px
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-17+at+02.17.58).jpg (280KB, 1586x888px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-17+at+02.17.58).jpg
280KB, 1586x888px
Belgian fighter with RC car anti tank mine.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-17+at+01.46.40).jpg (181KB, 1297x725px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-17+at+01.46.40).jpg
181KB, 1297x725px
English speaker dispelling myths about their DIY launchers
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-17+at+02.13.26).jpg (109KB, 1496x840px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-17+at+02.13.26).jpg
109KB, 1496x840px
DIY rifle grenades manufacture
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-17+at+01.53.17).jpg (79KB, 1299x729px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-17+at+01.53.17).jpg
79KB, 1299x729px
>>33987975
>>33987908
all from this vid btw.
>>
>>33987939
>shithole sand nigger
>wish for their death

cringe

We get it, you're 13 and angsty, getting worked up over things that have no effect to you. Don't worry, you'll get over it with time, and learn to not guzzle the double think that neocons tell you is facts.
>>
File: abrams.png (972KB, 935x492px) Image search: [Google]
abrams.png
972KB, 935x492px
>abrams is literally indestruc-
>>
>>33987964
Fuck the mine, what gun is that in his right hand? Also why is he wearing a pakol?
>>
>>33987994
>claims I am a 13 year old because I wish to go to war with a nation that has directly attacked mine many times
>ignores the entire government of Iran and many of its people wishing for my death.

Cringe indeed. But I get it, it's OK for Iran to want me dead, but I can't do the same. Thanks Justin Trudeau.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (12KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
12KB, 300x200px
ISIS is said to have released a new action packed video from mosul. In english (!)

Does anyone have a link that is not connected to some ISIS supporting shitforum?

>ib4 /k/ is an isis supporting shitforum
>>
>>33988038
Why even do this? They are nearly BTFO out mosul.

>watch us lose: propaganda from isis!
>>
File: SyA.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SyA.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>
>>33987996
que the butthurt tankfetishists yelling about monkey models. ignoring the fact that american abrams m1a1 got scrapped by EFPIEDs in Iraq
>>
>>33987996
que the butthurt tankfetishists yelling about monkey models. ignoring the fact that american abrams m1a1 got scrapped by EFPIEDs in Iraq
>>33988016
>not recognizing MP5k
GTFO
>>
>>33988016
>not recognizing MP5k
GTFO of /k/
>>
The idea that the Saudi do not have control over their people boggles my mind. If you thought the CIA and NSA were keeping an eye on you, go try out the Al A'amah. Have a naughty thought while on their territory, see what happens of shits and giggles.
>>
>>33988017
cringe

You're just a cringe machine aren't ya lmao. https://youtu.be/Q_AHJQiMxIw we get, you're 13 and believe whatever mainstream media tells you. It's ok to be 13 and stupid, but this thread is for people who actually know the subject

https://youtu.be/bke8kLt4-9I
Actual Iran.

Please suck Saudi Arabias cock some more while they fund bombings across the world, I know a retard like yourself would ;^)
>>
>>33988096
>p...please ignore the Iranian people and government chanting death to America!!!

Nope.

Here is a short look into actual Iran. Of you thought I was cringy, prepare yourself for some real cringe!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Iranian+National+slogan

http://reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15P0QV

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kesb0h7Ct40

Please suck crazy fundie Arab cock more. Again, Saudis can go fuck themselves too, yet you LOVE Iran. BTW, mudslime spotted.

Oh look, 4chan is having trouble. Let's get more first person looks into Iran....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=92myDzAFgU4

https://youtube.com/watch?v=y3k3yPmmLpA

>b...but you can't say the same thing back!

https://youtu.be/MUkm4llCDic

>stop.... S.... Stop bull-

Nope.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/11/iranians-gather-anti-us-demonstrations-201311411503434943.html

>b....but s...saudi arab-

Are faggots just like Iran. Nice try on the red herring

https://youtu.be/CUezKsBCRbk

>NO listen t..to me muh saudi

Nobody cares sand nigger.

https://youtu.be/2UpKq9kCHbE
(this one is just general hilarity, North Korean like in its retardation)
>>
>>33988136
Gee I wonder why they hate America so much.

It must be because they're jealous of our freedom
>>
I wish everyone would just stop fighting and get along.
>>
>>33988148
Why is irrelevant at this point, nor would are they going to stop hateing us. I'm not responsible for the sins of my great grandfather yet they chant to this day.

So, again, I say let's give them what they want.
>>
>>33988185
>nor would are they going to stop hateing us

Nor are they going to stop hateing us*
>>
>>33987908
what chopper did they shoot down around 24 min? Mi-28?

btw all those dead children is bad PR
>>
>>33987956
>>33987964
>>33987966
>>33987975
>>33987981
Stop teasing us and give us the videos you cocktease
>>
>>33987918
I've been having the same issue since yesterday, also wont let me watch more than one out of every ten webms. Very annoying.

>>33987939
>They wish for my death, I can and will wish for theirs.
>playing around in a sovereign country like it's your own backyard.
>support terrible repressive regimes
>plot to overthrow a regime you don't like and fail horribly
>proceed to deny them markets and economic development through sanctions
>wonders why they want you dead
Iran, even after their religious revolution is still the most down to earth and reasonable country in the middle east, kys teenager.
>>
>>33988325
Scroll up dumb fuck
>>
>>33988096
>>33988148
>>33988136
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AINT US!!
>>
>>33988185
>I-Im not responsible for things that happened in the p-past!
>f-fuck Iran for the shit that h-happened years ago before i was born!!

Holy shit, I was just trying to trigger your autism, but I was right, YOU ARE 13 LMAO. You might as well just leave, you made yourself look like a retard in front of everyone lol
>>
File: war chill.jpg (90KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
war chill.jpg
90KB, 720x960px
New videos from ISIS in Mosul
>https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a69_1495044222

For a man who only did half a year in the FDF and military knowledge gained from books, articles, vids and arm chair-generals I shake my head at the stupid fuckery of Arab militaries. How can you not even into basic perimeter over watch and defensive alleys!? Where are your spotters!? Where are your recon drones and helicopters!? No wonder defeating ISIS is just one long marathon when you got Arabs doing the fighting! At least Kurds can into basic infantry tactics with a little NATO support and logistics...
>>
>>33988365
>LMAO

back to redit

>>33988341
>>playing around in a sovereign country like it's your own backyard.
>support terrible repressive regimes
>plot to overthrow a regime you don't like and fail horribly

Iran quite literally does all of this.

He is right, you know.

>being the most reasonable and down to earth country in the middle east.

That's a real fucking joke. Ali is full fucking insane and the IRGCN is bonkers too. They are quite literally on par with Saudis in craziness and ((they)) are objectively not as insane.
>>
>>33988466
>Ali is full fucking insane
Khomeini in foreign policy is mostly skeptical of US acting in good faith

>the IRGCN is bonkers
Good thing the current government is trying to reign them in domestically
>>
>>33988541
>Khomeini in foreign policy is mostly skeptical of US acting in good faith

Do I need to start posting his speeches? Full fucking retard.

>Good thing the current government is trying to reign them in domestically

Ali is in direct control of the IRGCN. They answer to him and him alone.

This is a no dumb area. No dumb allowed.
>>
>>33988616
Why is making enemies your choice rather than make allies?
>>
>>33988616
Just stop, everyone is watching you sperg out in a thread you know nothing about, and its cringy beyond belief.

You gotta go back to r/donald with your doublethink, you'll understand when you mature
>>
>>33988679
Wut, this was my 2nd post
>>
ISIS suicide drone

https://twitter.com/worldonalert/status/864894694983127040

If these guys mange to escape back into the desert Iraqis are fucked
>>
>>33982538
>if it's near ISIS, it's not a civilian!

Don't trust Iraqi numbers anymore than Syrian.
>>
As usual, big Tiger Force advances near Jirah Airbase. ISIS may be in full rout back to Masakanah, but I'd expect them to continue guerilla warfare as usual.

Also, random US special forces operation in the middle of ISIS' heartland right now. They supposedly are going after some leaders, but it honestly looks more like a good way to get beheaded on live tv by ISIS. They are seriously isolated.

SAA appears to be advancing south of Palmyra against FSA/ISIS and near Arak oil fields.

Funfact: since losing Palmyra the second time, the Syrian governmenf has gained nearly 15,000sqkm. They own about 40% of Syria now. Kurds are up to 35%. The government controls 75%+ of the population though.
>>
>>33989607
Yuck my territorial numbers are off but the population numbers are correct.

I'd say the SAA's next move should be to connect Khanaser and Jirah Airbase by taking Ithriyah, pushing south from Palmyra to connect with the salient fighting the NFSA, and push north from Palmyra to take East Homs province. That would make ISIS attacks from behind and against Khanaser impossible.
It would also secure Syria's oil supplies and gas pumps. Syria really needs the money.
>>
>>33987472
>In nearby Abu Kamal there was a possible US SF raid but little information on this.

Word was going around that there were capture IS leaders in that raid.

>https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/864770499989176321

Sounds interesting.
>>
File: SupplyRoad.png (205KB, 781x871px) Image search: [Google]
SupplyRoad.png
205KB, 781x871px
>>33989756
The SAA could stand to benefit widening that corridor between the north and the south. It looks so precariously wedged between the Nusra fanboys and IS. But they should prioritize on securing the buffer around Palmyra further out first. Pretty sure the SAA will eventually join up with SAA positions around Lake Jabbul anyway.

Also, Ithriyah is already under SAA control. It's been a key checkpoint along the supply line to Aleppo for a long time. All they got to do is close the gap between Ithriyah and the Shaer gas fields, which is little more than open terrain.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-17+at+01.52.35).jpg (147KB, 1296x728px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-17+at+01.52.35).jpg
147KB, 1296x728px
remote controlled NV MG
>>
File: DACbpqRXoAANErk.jpg (79KB, 1267x671px) Image search: [Google]
DACbpqRXoAANErk.jpg
79KB, 1267x671px
>>
>>33987964
>RC-XD DEPLOYED
>>
File: hezbollahpepe.png (282KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hezbollahpepe.png
282KB, 770x1000px
>>33987815
hezbollah isn't great, but it's better than isis, al qaeda, and saudi wahhabism in general. why replace bad with worse?
>>
>>33987939
>the country that funded al qaeda is your friend, goyim
>>
>>33979628
be gone roach
>>
>>33990121
Virtually all of that land they are "smushed between" is essentially open desert, there isn't a whole lot there besides the southern part of that road
>>
>>33991531
Why have either of them?
>>
File: 173225111_ukrainene_861383c.jpg (81KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
173225111_ukrainene_861383c.jpg
81KB, 620x413px
Why is it that there are still Russiaphiles on Youtube and Twitter who still deny that there are Russian tanks in Ukraine?
>>
>>33988365
So you're saying I should bend over backwards for all the dudes chanting Death to America every year in Tehran?
>>33988341
We denied them markets and economic developments because they were holding Americans fucking hostage. That's not something you do and get off scott free with. You seem to think because we have a deep distrust of Iran that by some correlation we have to like the wahabbist bastards living across the way in Saudiland.
>>
>>33993911
>So you're saying I should bend over backwards for all the dudes chanting Death to America every year in Tehran?

No, but not engaging with Iran let them increase their enrichment capacity almost tenfold because Iran wouldn't give in to idiotic maximalist demands
>>
>>33992799
one step at a time
>>
>>33993911
>le strawman
Why even be here if you don't know how to make a argument? Have you ever thought that maybe we shouldn't be fucking with them in the first place? I bet you wonder why your spanked you back when she was alive, you weren't responsible for your actions right lol
>>
>>33992988
All 'ukranian' tanks are by definition russian. Show me a ukranian developed and produced tank, and no, refitting a russian T-72 doesn't count.
>>
File: GenZH_Thrax_Victorious.png (173KB, 331x327px) Image search: [Google]
GenZH_Thrax_Victorious.png
173KB, 331x327px
Isis is creating a cell dedicated to denial weapons, Dr. Thrax confirmed for being real

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/17/politics/isis-chemical-weapons/index.html
>>
>>33992988
>who still deny that there are Russian tanks in Ukraine?

I am a Russophile and only regret that there are no Russian helos and armored corps with missiles in the Ukraine. It's time to Пoкaзaть Кyзькинy Maть for the Kiev bastards.
>>
>>33978949
>2 scoops
good luck leaving humanity behind you limp wristed beta fucking faggot
Kys
>>
>>33984567
Did he though? or did he suck his cock like a good little american president?
>>
File: ghostank.jpg (72KB, 813x540px) Image search: [Google]
ghostank.jpg
72KB, 813x540px
Taken from a dead #ISIS member phone, the "Ghost Tank", stay tuned to @WithinSyriaBlog for an upcoming article-photo report about it.

"GHOST TANK"
>>
>>33988051

They always edit out the parts where their Abu Hajars lose body parts in incompetent and hilarious ways.
>>
>>33988429

lol, how can the Iraqis be THIS BAD at war.

Jesus, when will they learn what a perimeter is.
>>
>>33992988

Because equipment transfers are one thing, and retarded screeching about phantom Russian armies is wholly retarded.
>>
>>33994910
The governments first action after gaining power was to take about 50 American hostages for 444 days.

Then they attacked US ships, mined international seaways, and a metric fuckton of other retarded shit like making a national slogan out of calling for the death of the world's sole superpower.

Yet you contend that they want us to leave them alone.

Iranian government is hilariously incompetent in that case.

The truth of the matter is they created a boogie man of the West just like NK, and if they go a bit to far they will lose a lot, just like they did back in operation preying mantis when they lost their navy.
>>
>>33996039
Russian transferred equipment manned by Russian soldiers on paid vacation XAXAXAXA
>>
>>33996158
Maybe you should read up on why these things happened, instead of spouting information you've read online or heard from your dad out of context

>calling for the death of the world's sole superpower.
Now I am certain that you are simply trolling, there's a thread over on /pol/ where you'd probably have more fun.
>>
Two IS attacks on SAA-controlled areas in Hama, centrally in Syria. 50 dead, including about 15 civilians.
>>
>>33996276
>You DESERVED it

Nah. I'm well aware of the revolution. Letting muslim fundies take over the nation and turn it into a theocracy was clearly the side NOT to choose. Their actions after they took power proves it, and it's not as if they are any more free due to it.

>inb4 UR DUM or LOL SAUDI!

>Now I am certain that you are simply trolling,

What are you confused about, the US sole superpower status or the fact that Iran does, quite regularly, call for the death of America and indeed has coined the term.

I will be more than happy to source whatever your confusion lies.
>>
>>33996276
>Maybe you should read up on why these things happened

Maybe you should. For example, the Muslim extremist false flag which directly led to the revolution. You know, that little revolution that overthrew a secular government and changed it into a muslim theocracy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_Rex_fire

>The ruling government of Iran reported that Islamic militants set the fire, while the anti-Shah protesters blamed the intelligence service of the nation, SAVAK for setting the fire.[2][3] Later it was disclosed that Islamic militants set the Cinema Rex on fire.[4][5][6][7]
>>
Ah yes the old Shah. The man whose regime was the most honest, least corrupt, least tyrannical and most freedom ensuring in the entire history of the Middle East. Why anyone would ever rise against him is unfathomable.
>>
>>33996444
>Letting muslim fundies take over the nation and turn it into a theocracy was clearly the side NOT to choose

Because the Shah and SAVAK were democratic, nice guys.
>>
File: DAHtthjXcAAZawm.jpg (39KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
DAHtthjXcAAZawm.jpg
39KB, 479x480px
I don't know where to begin. Without going step by step the main take away today is a large IS counter attack was repelled by the SAA around Aqarib village and near Salmeyah in rural Hama near the Khanasir Aleppo road with heavy SAA casualties, heavy IS casualties, heavy civilian casualties and fighting ongoing on the outskirts of these areas. IS also launched a VBIED north of T4. The SAA is approaching IS city Maskaneh after heavy tiger force loses in their recent advance from Jirah.

This is exactly what I was saying before this started as the SAA applies pressure from Jirah IS going to press the Khanasir corridor.

Pic is SAA general Suheil Marshid who died after being wounded in rural Hama.
>>
>>33996553
>>33996444
>advocate and try to implement for the supression and destruction of a people
>they get pissed and do the same to us but at a FAR lesser extent

I get you are stupid, but please tell me, if you are going to compare giving WMDs to a dictator so that hundreds of thousands of people can die, and propping up a dictator that brutally suppressed dissident is ANYWHERE near the level of holding 50 hostages THAT WHERE ALL LET FREE AND RETURNED HOME SAFE.

I get you are 13 and just spewing what ever mainstream media tells you, but please use your brain.
>>
>>33996169

Yeah, whatever makes you sleep better at night faggot.

You lost the proxy war no matter what, so it's a moot point.
>>
File: DACCRxSXcAAi8x8.jpg (101KB, 1280x997px) Image search: [Google]
DACCRxSXcAAi8x8.jpg
101KB, 1280x997px
>>33996971
But wait there's more, breaking of a US airstrike/NFSA attack on SAA forces on the move toward US backed NSA/NFSA Al-Tanf. The airstrike/fighting if true destroyed an entire SAA convoy of 4 tanks, some Shilka's and technicals. Not only are those heavy loses but an escalation between the SAA and US supported forces.

https://twitter.com/Hammurabi_News/status/865230769198903296
>>
>>33997066

Why were the SAA moving toward Al-Tanf in the first place?
>>
>>33997141
connecting IRaq with Syria via Baghdad-Damascus highway.
>>
>>33997066
This airstrike brings a host of questions. I guess the Russians watched this happen on their radar. The forces hit were probably Iranian backed forces, what's their response now? Will the NFSA continue to attack SAA forces? Will US SF get in direct contact with the SAA and IS in Deir Ezzor? I have only questions and no answers.
>>
File: DAH6Jy-WAAAe73e.jpg (192KB, 960x706px) Image search: [Google]
DAH6Jy-WAAAe73e.jpg
192KB, 960x706px
Lastly the SAA continues to make advances in rural Homs after capturing another hill and village.
>>
>>33990121
Yeah that all looks like some yummy land for the SAA to take while ISIS is busy with Raqqa.
>>
>>33995746
putin bot detected, you sound upset Trump cucked putin with his giant tomacawcks. Trump probably fucks Putins wife while putin watches on skype
>>
>>33997066
Not sure why the US would do this. We repeatedly stated that our main concern in Syria is defeating ISIS. What do we gain from this? Granted, Trump is ignorant as hell.

Not confirmed yet.
>>
>>33997458
Because fuck sandnigs and fuck Slavnigs. USA FIRST MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>33997458
>our main concern in Syria is defeating ISIS
So, not the only concern?
>>
File: officialstatement.jpg (12KB, 350x160px) Image search: [Google]
officialstatement.jpg
12KB, 350x160px
>>33997458
its confirmed
>>
probably russians could go towards border and take Al Tanaf,assuming US wouldnt attack them
>>
File: 1480590616015.png (200KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
1480590616015.png
200KB, 547x402px
>>33997488
>self defense airstrikes
>>
>>33997488
Then Russia should strike the US forces within Syria.
>>
File: Libertado.jpg (1MB, 3380x2208px) Image search: [Google]
Libertado.jpg
1MB, 3380x2208px
>>33997488
>>
>>33997488
noice
>>
>>33997537
they wont , push towards Al Tanaf is mainly being pushed by Iran, while Russia isnt that much invested into it.Iran and Russia have sometimes different interests , it same case with Al Tanaf , Al tanaf border push is Iran thing.

I doubt Russia will get involved in any significant way ,altho they could wiped out US bases in southern Syria very fast ,but they wont do it.
>>
>>33997488

Right. The question then is why the SAA decided to literally push their luck. Just obeying orders, thinking US threats are just empty threats, or testing US resolve? A thick headed commander is always an option. But even if officers are daft you'd think Assad would have gotten the message after that airport bombing.
>>
>>33997566
since Russia is very well aware of locations of US bases in southern and southeastern Syria
>>
>>33997581
Its Iran pushing towards borders

ofc Assad and Russia support it ,but I doubt it its the toppest priority for them
>>
>>33997581
Especially since this helps them in no way.
The US is helping the SAA out in a big way with all the pressure they but on IS.
Why fuck with it?
>>
>>33987908
The video got taken down due to its content
>>
>>33997596

Are you saying there are regular SAA units operating under Iranian orders? Or was the unit that was destroyed right now a pro-Assad militia?
>>
>>33997619

Oh wait. I just found the newsstory in my own feeds. They claim the hit unit is indeed a pro-Assad militia and not regular SAA. It is not clear if any SAA soldiers were with them at all.
>>
>>33997619
If it's an Iranian imported/paid for militia it would explain both a lack of significant fucks given by Russia, and them doing it at all since Assad/SAA proper don't necesarilly have any direct command over a bunch of the forces allied with them.
>>
>>33997619
Iranian millitia mostly ,maybe some SAA with them ,but from what I am understanding , Iran is the most interested in reaching Al Tanaf ,so ofc they are investing the most into it ( send their millitia there )

SAA are not under iranian command ,however they do coordinate and do operations together ,and Iran has strong influence on Syria same as Russia

For example mostly Russia was interested in first retaking of Palmyra

Al Tanaf is similar ,mostly Iranian are interested in reaching Al Tanaf so fast ,but Assad and SAA will defintely cooridante with them
>>
Russia is not willing to get into conflict with US ,just yet , just because US decided to hit iranians
>>
Russia will probably play it cool ,and wait instead of attacking US directly

Russians are probably planning to resolve whole this situation with US forces insides Syria in the way similar to what US did to Russians at Pristina airport
>>
>>33997659
>>33997619
>>33997654
>Me trying to keep track of who's who in this war
>>
>>33990121
Come to think about it the SAA could also link up with the SDF in Tabqa from Ithriyah as well. Great opportunity for a massive pincer movement. Highly doubt they have the decisiveness, morale or manpower to effectively pull that off though.
>>
>>33980010
If we glassed em 10 years ago this would be a non-issue.
>>
>>33997767
Syrian side:

Syrian government (SAA) :their allies are Russians ,Iranians and some few other organizations like Hezbollah .

Officially Syrian government is factor that decides , however unofficially Russia and Iran are extremely influential because they have a lot forces on the ground and their support is important.Considering that both Russia and Iran can strongly influence Syrian government war policy.

Like Ukraine ,Ukraine does what US/EU says because they depend on them , Syria is similar just with a bit more factors (players) involved.
>>
>>33997818
But Bush was real friendly to the Saudis at a time just as Iran was primed to be America's next target after Iraq, while Shiite militarism was rampant in Iraq. As long as Iran is a problem it's impossible to latch off the Saudis.

>inb4 glassing the Iranians and kickstarting a new nuclear arms race 10 years earlier.
>>
>>33985899
This is the view I subscribe to. God? Higher power? Just make sure you practice the four rules of Religion Safety.
>>
>>33997840

You didn't mention the militias. Formed back when Assad was fighting everyone. If I understand it correctly they are more locally-created groups, with a hardliner stance on everything and. A good bit of the more gruesome stuff in Syria has been coming from them. While they are loyal to Assad as such, they mostly do their own thing. If anything they remind me of the partisan/antipartisan units in ww2 yugoslavia - it doesnt't matter which side you are on, you are fucked anyway if you are cornered. So don't get cornered and leave no witnesses.
>>
>>33984217
Kurdish commies still better than there Muslim neighbors.
>>
File: 1488280435633.png (418KB, 1015x631px) Image search: [Google]
1488280435633.png
418KB, 1015x631px
>>33997767
>its dangerous to go alone! take this
>>
>>33998647

Oh, this is going to break your heart. Kurds are also muslims, for the most part. They just happen to be the same main tribe and their tribal connection, and the political allegiances within the various kurd political parties is stronger than the religious one.
>>
File: CzVXYVwVQAAxNha.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CzVXYVwVQAAxNha.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
these Type 99s have sure made their rounds.
>>
File: C5DBqmXWYAEoD91.jpg (75KB, 855x495px) Image search: [Google]
C5DBqmXWYAEoD91.jpg
75KB, 855x495px
>>
File: Cwx9iRuWEAE71gq.jpg (85KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
Cwx9iRuWEAE71gq.jpg
85KB, 1136x640px
>>
File: CydyMbwXgAAtKv2.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CydyMbwXgAAtKv2.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>
File: C7XLGxRXgAARmRn.jpg (66KB, 547x541px) Image search: [Google]
C7XLGxRXgAARmRn.jpg
66KB, 547x541px
>>
>>33999515
>sticking barrel out of hole
why can't they stop doing this!
>>
>>33999964

"Ah, but you see Achmed, when you stick barrel out of hole like this you can rest your gun on the round place and your gun, she will appreciate it by sending all flash away from you."
>>
File: Abu Hajar.png (166KB, 618x600px) Image search: [Google]
Abu Hajar.png
166KB, 618x600px
>>33999994
"Of course! Mahmud on the other side will appreciate me giving away our position! But inshallah right brother!?"
>>
>>33997840
How much influence Assad has is very much questionable. Iranians directly organized the NDF system and probably staffed it full of Iranian loyalists which wouldn't be hard considering the decentralized nature of NDF and the fact that they are paid by Iran. And the majority of those not loyal to Tehran are loyal to themselves. Desert Hawks are privately funded militia. Tiger Force is loyal to Suheil and he exercises significantly more influence than a man in his position would formally have, demonstrated by his mobilization of air force cadets into the Tiger force recently. Than there is Hezbollah loyal to Nasrullah, than all those Iraqi militias, Afghans and Pakistanis and IRGC all loyal to Tehran first. Assad exercises control over SAA units, most of whom lack any military value and over Republic guard. The fact that the Russians decided to train a new force rather than augment an existing SAA unit shows just how useless SAA units are. Assad does exercise control over SyAF, so he has that going for him, but on the ground he is a side actor.
>>
>>34000054

So none of the militias are actually loyal to Assad? I see I have been mistaken.
>>
>>34000054
>The fact that the Russians decided to train a new force rather than augment an existing SAA unit shows just how useless SAA units are.

and on top of that the graduation photos meant to show the best of the best of the 5th Corps looks like a volksturm meeting. Old men.
>>
So America just declared war against the Syrian government today.

What next?
>>
>>34000248
Shit, seriously? Can you link the text? I can't find it.
>>
File: CveWH4UWgAA8ZWa.jpg (67KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
CveWH4UWgAA8ZWa.jpg
67KB, 405x720px
>>34000297
shitty bait
>>
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3a4_1495037336

Go to 8:15 in. Wounded ISIS fighter detonates his suicide belt like 5 meters away from a group of guys approaching.
>>
>>34000248
I think he meant figuratively rather than literally, but the what happens next part is anyones guess.
For sure there'll be whining from Assad/Russia but actual action will likely be limited assuming it was only SAA allied militia that got bombed and not an actual 'proper' SAA unit.
Maybe RuAF or SyAF will go for a round of bombing some US pets in return. Not like those sort of tit for tat games can ever end badly. And I'm sure the opening of Threads was somewhere else anyway.
>>
File: FSK - Kabul.jpg (700KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
FSK - Kabul.jpg
700KB, 1024x683px
>>34000169
They are loyal to their religion, and their tribe. These tribes and currently aligned with the Syrian Government as their patrons (Iran) deem them to be.

When Iran helped Syria establish the NDF in 2013/2014 as a result of SAAs collapse a lot of power was ceded to what are essentially warlords (Desert Hawks, Tigers, etc).

What sort of actual control Assad has over these militias is arguable, but it is pretty obvious they loosely adhere to the SAA at best and completely ignore them at worst.

Hezbollah and the IRCG have vast control over conventional forces loyal to the regime, which could become a problem should the civil war ever transition into something less intense.

This was also the root reason why the Baath Brigades were established by the SAA (the guys who took Palmyra the 2nd time). Russia realized that the SAA had been heavily weakened, and the need for a large conventional force directly answering to the Syrian government was needed.

Anyone is feel to correct me if I got anything wrong, but that is about as layman as I could make it.
>>
>>34000297

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/18/world/us-syria-airstrikes/index.html
>>
>>33996658
Because assad is a democratic nice guy?

>b....but you can't do that!!!

>>33997010
>all Iran has done is take hostages for over a year!

Wrong.

But hey, I wake up to the US bombing the shit out of Iranians so today was a good day.
>>
>>33988429
>All those VBIEDs slowly driving up to tanks and humvees

What in the actual fuck are these Iraqis doing?
>>
File: lrn2threadplz.png (54KB, 583x330px) Image search: [Google]
lrn2threadplz.png
54KB, 583x330px
>>34000380
The US is claiming that the Russians attempted to contain the pro-Assad forces.

If that is true they will probably do nothing and just tell the Syrians to listen to them next time.
>>
>>34000724

Gee whiz, I dunno,maybe the driver wanted to live a few seconds longer? If I have gotten the concept right the suicide bombers are more often not volunteers but people who 'have received the great honor to give their life for the cause'. In other words the bosses pick the most useless bastards who are still capable of driving a vehicle.
>>
Can anyone tell me why the iranian airforce isnt active in syria? do they not have the the funds/capability or is it a political decision?
>>
>>34001549
>do they not have the the funds/capability

Both, the Iranian airforce is extremely active in things like logistics, but they simply do not have the combat capability.
>>
>>34000764
My guess like some here have stated before, is that this was some hard-line Baath or Shia militia with more balls than brains or discipline.
>>
I just read saa will continue pushing towards us backed forces under 24/7 cover of the syrian airforce. If this is true, will that make a difference? Military speaking this shouldnt be a problem for the us coalition. So how would that help preventing further strikes on syrian groundforces?
>>
>>34001707
>under cover of the syrian airforce
>syrian airforce v. USAF
haahahaahaahahahaha
>>
>>34001002
I was talking about the Iraqi's getting blown the fuck out while muhammed the suicide bomber slowly cruises up to their fucking armored column.
>>
>>34001718
The only planes they have that are capable of posing a threat to USAF are Mig 29 Fulcrums and they have less than 40 of those. My guess is that if they tried some shit like scrambling them en masse US military intelligence would just "Nope!" and tomahawk most of them on the runway.
>>
>>34001879
There is zero chance the SyAAF could muster 10 MiG-29s, let alone 40 in one go
>>
>>33984217
I want every local from the eastern end of the Med to the Yellow sea dead and see arming the Kurds as usefully disruptive. All the natives live for is to kill each other, and I agree with them.
>>
>>33994910
>Have you ever thought that maybe we shouldn't be fucking with them in the first place
My argument is there is no reason to be friendly towards a nation that has absolutely no intention of being friendly with us, and likes to celebrate the taking of American hostages every fucking year.
>>
>>33986561
All jets get dirty if flown for a few weeks. The oil, hydraulic fluid, and fuel seepage from aircraft systems dirties them quickly.

That's another reason I liked night shift. No fucking around on the wash rack...
>>
>>34000603
>Because assad is a democratic nice guy?

He's not. I'm just pointing and laughing at this idea that you seem to have that the Shah's Iran was some sort of free society, and it was replaced by Muslim fundamentalist from a happy, secular, democratic society into a theocratic dictatorship.

It went from a more secular authoritarian rule to a theocratic authoritarian rule.
>>
>>34002986
You're talking to a lot of teenagers who don't even really have an understanding of the 1979 Iran crisis.

It isn't taught that widely in schools these days, so just assume the Shah was a beloved ruler when in reality him and his secret police were no different than any other Middle Eastern dictator.
>>
>>34003010
To be fair, there's a lot of academic debate to this day about why exactly the 1979 revolution occurred.
>>
>>34001879
>tomahawk most of them on the runway.
SyAAF is based out of the same airfields as the RuAF to prevent such strikes.
>>
>>34003389
No they aren't, RuAF only uses one airfield and thats at the coast, places like T4 and Damascus are infinitely more active for the SyAAF
>>
File: Mossadeghmohammad.jpg (7KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
Mossadeghmohammad.jpg
7KB, 300x384px
>>34002986
They also gloss over the fact that the Shah was reinstated by the CIA and SIS to replace a democratically elected secular nationalist. Say what you want about Mohammad Mosaddegh struggling to hold support. Perhaps Iran would had even gone south without intervention. But when America and the UK had a hand in imposing undemocratic practices in the name of containment of commies or profits through the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company, it's really hard for the Iranian population to forgive what happened no matter how much you raise the quality of living.
>>
>>33998761
Kek
>>
going to fight for a side in Syria soon (wont say which to avoid a flame war). I know it's a war and all, take it very seriously, but what should I do while i'm there? want authentic Syrian recipes? would you like photographs of anything? Should i bring a HWNDU flag and set it up in tiny village?

I'm not white, btw. speak fluent arabic.
>>
>>34004673
Takes as many pictures and videos as you can, collect a vial of the sand/red clay depending where you are and bring that home with you so you have something tangible to remember your time over there forever
>>
>America
>Still backing the NFSA

Didn't these people get the memo that the NFSA has been antagonistic towards SAA positions lately?
>>
>>34002986
>>34004507
I'm well aware of the fact that we installed the Shah in power and that he was a massive repressive dick. Why does that change the fact that Iran is still massively hostile to us? I doubt an apology will smooth things over at this point.
>>
>>34004699
Theres literally dozens upon dozens of different "FSA" groups, the ones in the south have been fighting ISIS non-stop.

I understand why Iran is making their militias push hard for the Iraq border, but if the SAA had any reason they'd wait for the FSA to push further into ISIS territory and then take the land behind them after they've moved on.

Let your enemies fight, especially when they have American advisers glassing ISIS for you.
>>
>>34004724
The damage has long been done; no apology will fix things at this point. It didn't help that America proceeded to predominantly aid the Iraqi side of the Iraq-Iran War (Iranian support in the shady Iran-Contra affair is only a drop compare to the deluge of support for Saddam's war effort), fueling even more anti-America sentiment.
>>
>>34004769
That's my point. We've gone long past the point of simple rapproachment. I know the Iranians have ample reason to hate us, but simultaneously I see no reason to concede anything.
>>
>>34004725
I can see the strategic importance of taking that road. It's the only one in a 100km radius that directly connects the Syrian government to Iraq. The other roads are either under IS or SDF/YPG control. Directly linking up to Iraq could lead to aid from the Shiite-friendly government with fewer foreign barriers.

But I agree. How the SAA approached this operation is worthy of a Darwin award.

>>34004775
Iran is definitely not absolved of their proxy wars and support of militants. But I would rather give the Saudis the finger because they're the stronger and more destructive political force in the Muslim world. They could even procure nukes through Pakistan if they think Iran's nuclear program is a threat.
>>
>>34004825
>But I would rather give the Saudis the finger because they're the stronger and more destructive political force in the Muslim world.

Nah, blaming one side of the coin when both sides fund and commit violence is dumb. I would lay the blame on both sides simultaneously, with the understanding that the Saudis are richer generally.

That said, considering the US, the Saudis are resource rich and the driver of OPEC, so it's the clear choice between the two.

They both can go fuck a cactus, but being as how the Saudi government plays nice with the US and the Iranians don't, I'm more apt to say fuck Iran more.
>>
>>34004853
>being as how the Saudi government plays nice with the US and the Iranians don't, I'm more apt to say fuck Iran more.

Their reach is far wider because of their honeyed diplomacy, but they're deceitful and even more dangerous than the Iranians. Even with the West backing them wholeheartedly, the Saudis have for close to 4 decades been allowing Wahhabists to run wild and stir shit everywhere, fueling Jihadi conflicts behind the West's back, even funding and educating a good chunk of these ragheads with their massive wealth.

Plus the Shiite minority has less leverage compared to the far massive and wide-reaching Sunni population that the Saudis have growing influence over. I just want to see the Saudis brought down to the level of the Iranians, isolated and weak, so that they struggle more to sell their disgusting ideals abroad, OPEC be damned.

But I agree, fuck both the Saudis and the Iranians.
>>
File: GlockonadAk.png (1001KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GlockonadAk.png
1001KB, 768x1024px
https://cdnm.almasdarnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/ISIS-in-Iraq-video.mp4
>>
>>34005013
The primary reason Saudis have influence is because there is no one but them. One simple example is mosques in Europe. Europeans don't want Islamic theological schools in Europe so all the imams have to be trained in Saudi Arabian funded schools in Saudi Arabia or Egypt. In case of large Turkish communities, Turkey has attempted to provide imams but that too is now becoming a problem because "Fuck Turkey". If European countries wanted to kick Saudis imams out, they could. For one they could go to Bosnian or Albanian Islamic community and ask for imams and also make a deal that future imams be educated in Bosnia or Albania and bam, wahhabis out. But no, much easier to bitch about Saudi wahhabis.
>>
Can anybody supply image of Russian using American AR in desert enviorment?
>>
File: 1477271052487.jpg (35KB, 358x292px) Image search: [Google]
1477271052487.jpg
35KB, 358x292px
>>33987815
>anyone with nuclear power can make the jump to nuclear power
>>
WW3 when?
>>
The most pressing topic in the Middle East today is the expansion of the military-political-intelligence alliance of Russia, Iran and Syria to include Iraq. (debkafile revealed Wednesday, May 17 that an Iraqi military delegation had arrived in Damascus for the first groundbreaking visit in decades). However the Mueller probe, centering as it does on the president’s associates’ alleged interaction with Russian officials, ties Trump’s hands on a vital foreign policy issue: the urgent need for US cooperation with Russia for resolving the Syrian and other burning crises afflicting the region.
The impact of Trump’s imposed inaction is already apparent in the conduct of some of the relevant leaders, such as President Vladimir Putin, Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Egypt’s Abdul-Fatteh El-Sisi, King Abdullah of Jordan and Iraqi Prime Minister Haydar al-Abadi.

Each of those leaders plans to make hay from the policy void created by the Trump administration’s grim situation; each is meanwhile striking out for alternative partners to lessen their dependence on Washington.

Saudi King Salman and his Defense Minister Deputy Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman are nonetheless carrying on as though nothing is amiss. Possibly because they refuse to read the signs in Washington, they are forging ahead with arrangements for an historic summit, with invitations issued to some 50 Arab and Muslim rulers to meet the visiting US president in Riyadh.
http://debka.com/article/26059/Trump-reaches-Mid-East-trip-under-a-grim-probe
>>
>>33996009
is it made to look like a carwash?
>>
>>34004853
I agree with you to some extent but I'll have to side with anons claiming that Iran would be a better ally. Biggest reason is the people and society. It's ironic that our Arab "friends" who not under an Islamic system of government (overlooking sovial factors and lolcalling Saudi Arabia a Kingdom and not a theocratic monarchy) are the most fanatical where as Iranians under democracy are surprisingly tolerant and secular despite a theocratic government. Shia thanks to their Ayatollah have a centralised religious leadership with a tupical top-down hierarchy system where any interpretations of religious text has to pass the bar through the higher ups first in order to become halal/haram. Sunni Islam doesn't have this, which is why you have so many schools of thought with radical preachers popping up here and there to brainwash the uneducated and the have not pissed of portion of their population.
>>
>>34005480
>under a theocracy
Fucking phone autocorrect...
>>
>>34005225
It's that and the fact that the Saudis have the advantage of legitimacy by being in control of Mecca and Medine, holy sites that the Sauds seized from the Hashemites in 1925, knowing that whoever controls the holy sites controls the narrative of the religion as they will become the center of pilgrimage. Between this and the near nonexistent repression from Arab Nationalist government, the Saudis (and its satellite Gulf kingdoms) succeeded in winning credibility in the modern world where the Muslim Brotherhood has failed for decades.
>>
File: 1455244615001.jpg (221KB, 748x1521px) Image search: [Google]
1455244615001.jpg
221KB, 748x1521px
>>34005480
>Iran would be a better ally.
I see the kremlin bots have an new narritive they have to push everywhere. Uncannily how this new "opinion" pops up now everywhere simultaneously.
>>
>>34004673
Take the right big toe of any man you kill as trophies to bring home.
>>
Repost for those who missed the ISIS Mosul release, this link won't go down. 44 minutes of many different things:
http://jihadology.net/2017/05/17/new-video-message-from-the-islamic-state-we-will-surely-guide-them-to-our-ways-wilayat-ninawa/
>>
>>34005480
>It's ironic that our Arab "friends" who not under an Islamic system of government (overlooking sovial factors and lolcalling Saudi Arabia a Kingdom and not a theocratic monarchy) are the most fanatical

The Saudi state being a kingdom is a matter of convenience born from alliance between the House of Saud and founder and followers of Wahhabism. If the Wahhabists (and Salafists) catch on that the monarchy system goes against their puritanical ideas of governance they would rebel against the House of Saud at any opportunity. That's why the Sauds want to pander to them as much as possible when they saw signs of discontent at Westernization in the Sunni population in the 1979 hostage situation in Mecca. They're weary of the loss of power to the ultraconservatives.
>>
>>33988071
>>33988016
It might be turkish semi-auto copy made by zenith. I doubth it's an original HK.
>>
>>34004673

Be photographed in the field with a /k/ badge on your uniform. Makes us couch warriors feel like we are a little bit involved.

Other than that? Fix something. Even if it is just some children's toys, digging a well, give some locals a first aid handbook. Teach them how to make sterile bandages. Leave something tangible or valuable behind you beyond bullets and blood.
>>
File: 1453679001298.jpg (202KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453679001298.jpg
202KB, 600x600px
http://syriadirect.org/news/us-led-offensive-in-syrian-desert-searches-for-%E2%80%98entry-point%E2%80%99-into-islamic-state%E2%80%99s-deir-e-zor/
>>
File: 1495201538350.jpg (52KB, 800x412px) Image search: [Google]
1495201538350.jpg
52KB, 800x412px
>>
>>34006241

Pretty solid article actually. I have one question though. This "Free Syrian Army faction Maghawir a-Thawra (MAT)" that the US ground forces are working 'beside'. How big a force is this in reality? I seem to dimly recall something about the US being real short for local volunteers for this bunch, but I may be mixing them up with the stuff happening in Iraq.
>>
File: 1495201570112.jpg (49KB, 663x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495201570112.jpg
49KB, 663x450px
>>
File: DALtZQBVwAAlsMu.jpg (287KB, 992x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DALtZQBVwAAlsMu.jpg
287KB, 992x1200px
>>
File: DALtcL0UMAA44yz.jpg (132KB, 1200x752px) Image search: [Google]
DALtcL0UMAA44yz.jpg
132KB, 1200x752px
>>
Looks like the meeting with Trump didn't go like Erdogan wanted.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/18/middleeast/turkey-not-participate-raqqa-offensive/index.html?sr=twCNN051917turkey-not-participate-raqqa-offensive0308AMVODtopLink&linkId=37771221
>>
>>34006335
Better beat up some more american civillians for comfort.
>>
>>34004673
If its not for the YPG you're a retard.
>>
>>34004724
Because times change and the revolutionaries will be replaced by an Iranian populace that, while skeptical of US intentions, would prefer less antagonism. Also, not engaging with Iran when we have the chance let's them do things like massively expand their nuclear program. The deal that might have been made in 2004 would have restricted them more than the one in 2015, after a decade of expanding enrichment and other facilities and generally getting comfortable with nuclear power. Because neocons for some reason think maximalist demands are viable.
>>
>>34006784

Come on. Since he's arab he probably has relatives who want him to come over, and then whether they are the Allahu Ackbar Brigade or the National Antirevolutionary Honorable Sand Devil Pro El Alamein Brigade is going to be secondary.

But yeah, if he is joining someone fighting the kurds and americans then he is fucked.
>>
File: DAMcnMhXkAEhLtj.jpg (840KB, 2047x1434px) Image search: [Google]
DAMcnMhXkAEhLtj.jpg
840KB, 2047x1434px
Another day that has been relatively slow compared to yesterday at least. Starting with SAA advances toward IS held city of Maskaneh. This time minor advances after a large SAA push the other day which put them much closer to Maskaneh. The SAA also lost a lot of tiger forces including officers in that push but I think they can absorb these loses for now.
>>
File: ruHoms.png (854KB, 920x517px) Image search: [Google]
ruHoms.png
854KB, 920x517px
Not going pic dump what has become a eastern Homs tradition of IS checkpoint raids but will post one picture. One happened today north of T4 killing 5 SAA and capturing weapons. One of the most deadly jobs in Syria is manning a checkpoint in eastern Homs. Good fucking luck. It's almost as bad as having to charge the Deir Ezzor airbase over open fields.
>>
File: DAM_CQ8UQAEz_8J.jpg (80KB, 880x481px) Image search: [Google]
DAM_CQ8UQAEz_8J.jpg
80KB, 880x481px
Lastly continued Hezbollah and Shia militia build up close to Al-Tanf as talk of them calling the US bluff of holding it post US airstrike. Possible upcoming conflict between Shia militias and US back FSA/US SF.
>>
>>34007611

Is.... is that an AKS with a spike bayonet?
>>
>>34007573

Why the big loss of officers? Are the SAA top heavy, are they bound by honor to least from the front wave or are the IS putting effort into picking out the enemy officers first?
>>
>>34007653

Also, who are positioned on the Iraqi side? If they have IS lines that close, I hope it is someone with clout.
>>
>>34007695
They lose two tiger force officers , I forgot their names off the top of my head and about 40 killed in a few days. That's to be expected in large sweeps. It's just the tiger forces have to eat the loses this time.
>>
>>34007671
thats what i said to myself as well lol
>>
>>34007695
>Are the SAA top heavy

Yes, ever since the collapse of the SAA in 2013 its turned into a bizarre, pseudo militia where people are promoted based on their religion and social standing, rather than their expertise

Thats why theres so many "Brigadier Commander Generals" dying every week
>>
File: Tosing.jpg (224KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tosing.jpg
224KB, 675x1200px
>>
>>33978463
>Israel kills 1000 in Gaza
>new stories every day
>UN condemnations every week
>UN inquiry
>Appeals to Hague

etc etc.

Who said anything was fair. it's all bullshit.
>>
>>34007611
>Folding stock
>With folding chink bayonet

I never knew I needed this
>>
>>33980278
>In 2003, the Houthi's slogan "God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam", became the group's trademark.

You are simply lying.
>>
File: DANjcydVoAQllhT.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DANjcydVoAQllhT.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>34008857
I saw the new TOS-1 shipment too. Russians delivering good artillery. Deir Ezzor 24 is reporting a IS offensive on the Deir Ezzor airbase right now amide talk of IS attacking elsewhere like around Mosul and Raqqa.
>inb4 a bunch of IS get killed as usual
That said IS does seem to be increasing their attacks on Deir as this is the second airbase assault in 3 days since I posted the first one ITT.

https://twitter.com/DeirEzzor24/status/865670210132389890
>>
Two car bombs blew off in Baghdad tonight. 11 dead, of which 4 were cops.
>>
>>34009163

Also 20 wounded.

Can't help wondering how the Baghdad hits are still happening. Too many Sunni neighborhoods for the IS to infiltrate?
>>
>>34009203
Baghdad is a giant fucking city with all kinds of slums sprawling for miles

We were never able to secure it, so no chance the Iraqis can either
>>
File: arti.jpg (155KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
arti.jpg
155KB, 1200x675px
>>34009155

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hZKWIMK0VU
>>
Saudi air defense just shot down a Houthi rocket near Riyadh, fired off in Yemen. Maybe they are practicing the celebrations for when Trump arrives. I don't know when he gets there but he has already left the White House for the journey.
>>
>>33977136
It's mainly about German politicians not being allowed to visit German troops by Turkish politicians.
>>
>>34005225
That's interesting, I've never thought of that.
>>
File: 1483809709464.png (8KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1483809709464.png
8KB, 420x420px
>>33997767
>PEPE EVIB
>>
>>34007653
I can't tell if the Shiites are steadfast in the face of US airstrikes or are too dense to take a hint. But this is going to be interesting.
>>
http://carnegieendowment.org/files/ACMR_Khaddour.pdf
>STRENGTH IN WEAKNESS: THE SYRIAN ARMY’S ACCIDENTAL RESILIENCE
>MARCH 16, 2016
>>
>>34013324
I thought this was pretty interesting when I read it as well
>>
>>33984298

edgy Pic m8.
>>
>>34000764
vid of the pro-regime forcese getting bombed by the Americans
twittercom/Axis_of_Resista/status/865302160577376258
>>
This is nice. Saudi Arabia and the US just signed up a weapons deal worth 110 billion dollars. MMMM nice. Wahhabi fanaticism, now armed with advanced weapon systems Made In USA.
>>
File: saudi driving.webm (618KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
saudi driving.webm
618KB, 1280x720px
>>34015131
not like they can make use of it. Their army remains a peasant militia, no matter how hard they try to coat them with gold. I hope for the optimal outcome, they feeding billions into the US arms companies but no longer recieving other support from the US, getting BTFO by other peasants wearing sandals. I really hope i'll live to see their country getting ravaged by civil war, they deserve it more than any other country in the region.
>>
>>34015131

Don't worry, they'll mostly end up in the hands of the rugged Houthi mountain men.
>>
>>34015178

Peasant army. Hm. I was under the impression that the Saudi army was generally top heavy and full of the arab equivalents of playboys, with lots of people being 'on vacation' at any time. But with modern equipment all over. I am greatly mistaken?
>>
>>34015208
of course you have the nepotism and top heavyness typical for arab armies, but they still don't make up the bulk of their forces i think. I can't find the picture anymore, but there was one from late 2015 of a small ambushed saudi camp. There was a fucking falcon there, from the guy in charge. The rich kids see their army as a place to play around with cool equipment, the rest of the troops are not motivated or incompetent.
>>
>>34015131

I found more details.

"..plans to announce $110 billion in advanced military equipment sales and training to the kingdom during the trip. The package includes tanks, combat ships, missile defense systems, radar and communications and cybersecurity technology."
>>
>>33986561
Because they actually get used.
>>
File: 1466463938081.jpg (45KB, 595x630px) Image search: [Google]
1466463938081.jpg
45KB, 595x630px
>>33979628
Roachman get ye gone
>>
Oh well. What's 110 billion to these guys anyway. If Wiki is reliable on them the saudis already have 400+ Abrams, plus Bradleys and Apaches and one hell of a lot other gear that is 'stored in reserve'.
>>
>>33988198
lol retarted
>>
Friday must have been busy. IS fighters went to the village Jazrat al-Boushams and executed 19 civilians, including 2 women and 2 kids. This according to SOHR,

You'd think those guys would have been focusing on more vital tasks by now.
>>
>>34015309
It's when they are losing that the terror gets worst, both out of spite and to maintain control so it doesn't collapse entirely. Same thing with germany towards the end of ww2, tons of executions even on the last days when there was no point in fighting anymore.
>>
>>34015178
This is an oldie, but it's still by the far the best thing to come out of the Yemeni conflict. Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>34015131
The Saudis have always been armed up the ass with advance American equipment, on top of the usual European ones as well.
>>
File: DASk_vAXoAIgqiN.jpg (110KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
DASk_vAXoAIgqiN.jpg
110KB, 1024x683px
I'm not wasting time with a lot of ongoing fighting tonight some SAA toward Maskaneh, some IS with their nightly action, some SDF, some US airstrikes but I do have the biggest news of today which is pro SAA forces advancing to the Zuluf Reservoir from NFSA along the border.

That and apparently Norwegian SF are stationed at Al-Tanf. Who knew right?
>>
That is a great picture. I am a Norwegian and I know there's been Norwegian SF on the south front for a while now working with the brits and when it suits the americans. But there is a near total media blockout - they write no articles and show no pictures. So this is the first pic I have seen of them for the last month.
>>
tfw you cant own a gun yet you live in one of the most dangerous country's on earth
>>
>>34016800
Just pointing out that the picture there is from 2012, part of ISAF.
>>
>>34016958

Ah. That explains the 'Provincial Reconstruction Team' badge. I was wondering how come they were defined as 'supporting local extension of national government'.
>>
>>33978949
1 impeachment
>>
>>34017060
Looks to be a member of the P-OMLT
I was actually part of that contingent. Good memories
>>
Looks like the Saudis are charming the socks off Trump. I can't wait to see how the reception will be in Israel.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.