[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NZL General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: NZL.png (42KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
NZL.png
42KB, 2000x1000px
Hey /k/, Nogunz here, I'm currently the biggest faggot and want to purchase my first gun. The only problem is my country has gun laws tighter than the Virgin Mary and I'm wondering if any fellow Kiwis browse and own guns here. If so , what should I buy?

Also /NZ General/ I guess.
>>
>>33976172
well tell us what you want to do with your guns you stupid cunt.

And how that fuck did you get 2 people willing to be references for your autistic ass.
>>
>>33976213
Told you I'm a faggot.

I'm a hunter, deer/ pigs and shit. Not a hunting nooblet I've hunted a reasonable amount through my childhood but just want some reliable /k/ advice.
>>
>>33976221
What part of the country? close bush, open high country? farmland? flatland?
>>
>>33976255
In Christchruch at the moment (Makes me wish we could carry desu) but will be driving out into close bush areas/forestry.
>>
>>33976288
What the fuck I don't remember typing desu what the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
>>33976288
I use a short .243 as my bush gun no optics (80 % of the shots I take in plantations are under 30m and most of the forestry around cch is reasonably steep and fucking filled with gorse.
>>
>>33976288
Join one of the clubs that uses the range out at the island, Join deerstalkers, talk to all the old fudds who know all about stalking and tracking
>>
Don't really see the need for this thread. Just buy whatever the fuck you please.
>>
>>33976360
Everyones knowledge on firearms here is superior and I will obey their opinions and recommendations
>>
>>33976366
If k told you to cut your dick off would you do that?
>>
>>33976345
Would definitely consider a .243

>>33976353
Ty anon been trying to talk around but all the fudds seem pretty dicky
>>
>>33976376
If they recommend a decent knife and roll trips then yeah maybe.
>>
>>33976385
.243 is a bit useless in New Zealand. It's an in between round that's not really perfect for anything over here. I'd recommend a .270
>>
>>33976172
Before you buy a gun mate, get some egmont flannel shirts. Fucking $15 mate. Best fucking purchase my retarded brains ever made. Also some good socks. And the last fellas pretty right, .270 is the way to go.
>>
>>33976401
I disagree, sure it's an in between round but fuck is it good at knocking things over in the bush and it preforms well out of a short barrel.
.270 on the other hand is a great NZ round that can be pushed to fuck you speeds and long ranges at the cost of way to much meat damage at short ranges
>>
>>33976454
I thought you bush Maoris liked your 30/30s, I wouldn't really know. I just hunt on farmland and the occasional forestry block.
>>
>>33976172
first gun should always be a bolt action .22lr, that way your ass can learn to shoot properly on something that is dirt cheap to buy. and every gun shop stocks bucketloads of ammo for next to nothing
>>
>>33976467
I mostly hunt High country with a .270 T3 using 150 grain SST's hand-loaded to 3050 fps, thats as good as you are going to get without going to a magnum caliber. just annoyingly long to fuck round in a gorse and broom filled plantation with though
>>
http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Knowledgebase.html

have some kiwi knowledge
>>
>>33976172
>gun laws tighter than the Virgin Mary

Come to Australia and say that, cunt
>>
>>33976551
You think that cunt would be all that tight after pushing out the messiah?
>>
>>33976486
They're fun little things but I grew up working for a farmer so I got to shoot around with them, great and fun little things but I'm wanting to be able to throw some power down the barrel now.

I'd just like to thank all the anons who contributed, definitely considering the .270 atm
>>
If a bong managed to get a job in NZ and move out there for good how easy would it be to import his guns? My mate says doable but he's drunk or getting drunk the majority of the time I talk to him.
>>
>>33976172
Mate we have it way better than the Aussies! As plenty of people have said, learn the basics before you shell out on anything real fancy. A good 22 bolt gun as one of the other lads said is a great way to start, I've got a Zastava one that goes hard for plinking and small game. The biggest I've got is my Grandfathers Mk5 No1 from WW2 and while 303 isn't cheap to shoot good lord it's fun as fuck. Although most of my hunting is done with a Sako A7 in 270 which is my good all rounder
>>
>>33976745
im an expat mate, the import laws are a bit doggy
>>
>>33976172
>hunting
>deer/pigs
>close bush
By pigs do you mean hogs? I havent hunted hog but i understand they're dangerous as fuck

Im a fan of .30 caliber bullets, so whatever you can get in that

Especially if you're gonna remove oink close quarters
>>
>>33976745
Rifles and shotguns would be fine, pistols would be a bitch.
>>
File: saythattomyface.jpg (16KB, 270x217px) Image search: [Google]
saythattomyface.jpg
16KB, 270x217px
>>33976172
Git an SKS.
>>
>>33976316
4chan has a sugoi embedded memetic mind control agent that gradually makes you involuntarily use more and more random kawaii nihonjin words the more time you spend on the website, tomodachi.

You can tell I've spent totemo long time around here desu.
>>
>>33977367
>pistols
>bongland
I wish. I've just got a few bolt-action rifles that I'd go through a lot of shit to keep, some I'd just sell.
>>
>>33977409
What sort? Enfields?
>>
>>33977409
>>33977437
Brits can own rifles and shit too, but they gotta be manual action (lol) and .22 or below (also lol)
https://youtu.be/B_DaCOsP7QM
>>
>>33976172
Don't buy a m305 as your first. (I did)
They're cheap and cool to shoot but too heavy for real outdoors use as the irons are often poorly made and mounts plus glass add even more weight.
>>
Finally an NZ general, been hoping for more /k/iwis on here.
If you're really penny pinching theres plenty of bastardised enfields floating around that'd do just fine for deer/pigs
>>
File: ShitPosting.jpg (266KB, 603x452px) Image search: [Google]
ShitPosting.jpg
266KB, 603x452px
>>33977466
>>
>>33977437
One is a No4 and there aren't many rifles like it in such good condition, I'd spend a long time looking for a replacement and pay too much. The others are my Swedish Mausers. And I'd like to keep by CZ452 as well since it was the first rifle I ever bought and besides that it's great. Anyway all this is what if since I'm only hoping to move out there one day, knowing me it'll never happen.
>>
File: 1437134174558.jpg (55KB, 498x489px) Image search: [Google]
1437134174558.jpg
55KB, 498x489px
>>33977522
I was lucky enough to pick up a tidy No4 Mk1* here for 550nz, matching numbers, crisp bore, full stock, but the wood has a few dings and scratches.
Youd be surprised - Here the No1 MkIIIs are more desirable, which seems at odd with the rest of the world.

But bascially you'd have to come over, get a safe, two referees, do the license course, then apply to import your firearms, meaning you'd need someone to hold them till you brought them over.
>>
>>33977542
Hopefully one day. Hunting there is incredible from what I've seen.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.