[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Push Daggers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: Push dagger.jpg (86KB, 1500x904px) Image search: [Google]
Push dagger.jpg
86KB, 1500x904px
Are these a meme?
>>
>>33975487
I carry two every day they are the best killing weapons you can legally get
>>
its a dagger you punch someone with. You lose the mild range advantage of a traditional knife but a lot of push blades are designed to be drawn stealthly like and then you punch a motherfucker in the ribs or some shit like that.

they're illegal as FUCK in some states, sure as hell in Canada.
>>
looks like a sharp buttplug
>>
File: rmyt.png (23KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
rmyt.png
23KB, 240x240px
>>33975526
>they're illegal as FUCK in some states
What are these classified under? Is it a specific catergory or is it considered "brass knuckles"? I know sometimes they specify "push daggers"
>>
>>33975571
basically
>>
>>33975487
They serve no other purpose than to stab flesh, thus it will be harder to defend oneself in court. Even if you live in a normal country.
They are as meme as meme goes.
>>
>>33975573
push dagger, push blade or fist spike or something. Canada's wording is something about perpendicular handle in relation to the blade.

OP's picture is a benchmade CBK. I believe they call it a push dagger.
>>
>>33975573
My state specifically mentions both "push knives" and double sided blades in their "dangerous weapons" law.

Ok with a ccw though
>>
>>33975487
They're knives to stab someone with.
Kife "combat" doesn't exist. When someone draws a knife on a human, prison yard rush beats whatever self defense move you can do unless you get thrown away or locked in place (but then it's not knife combat either, it's you getting pwnd by a martial artist).
Ergo you use your knife either as a tool primarly and a surprise weapon second or the other way around.
Since stabbing someone in promer form usually means you're already at contact distance, this stabby knife is designed to give you the stongest grip possible.
>>
>>33975881
Same for mine + no switchblades or balisongs. I can open carry and gun or conceal on or have a bowie on my hip 24/7, but no shifty $12 switchblade
>>
>>33975487
>sonictheedge.jpeg
>>
>>33975586
>allow citizens to carry weapons for self defense
>citizen uses a weapon designed specifically to kill for self defense and kills the attacker
>court gets buttmad that citizen used a weapon to kill someone
>citizen gets sentenced
i really do not understand this logic
what is the difference between carrying a knife made to kill and, say, a kitchen knife, if you're going to use them to defend yourself?
why does there need to be another purpose to the weapon for it to be ok?

>"oh yeah mr judge, i was just chopping onions in a dark back alley when this crackhead jumped me and i had to stab him"

fucking ridiculous
>>
>>33977925
Because knives aren't really a self defense thing unless you want the intimidation factor but then you just invite escalation if the thug has hs own weapons.
Where a gun allow you to shoot down an incoming menace before it reaches you and a stun gun/pepper spray may prevent the agressor from grabbing you and allow you to flee, the knife is something that doesn't prevent the other stabby guy from approaching and if you're in range to stab you're in range to get stabbed too.
Kill the thug dead before he can hurt me is only valid as a self defense if you can do that before getting hurt. Else it's just vengeance.
Regular knives are also tools, push daggers are shit at anything but stabbing. Yeah you could manage to cut off some ties or something but really it's no big loss.
>>
>>33975487
Any self-defense/"combat" knife is a meme.

Knife weeaboos have to go through hilarious mental gymnastics to come up with a scenario where they'd be better off pulling a knife instead of a gun. But they do, because knives are so cool, and they don't want you to know that they aren't old enough to own a gun yet.

>but what if I'm out of ammo/gun jams
>and I'm cornered(!)
>by someone with a really flimsy weapon
>who nonetheless is attacking me
>even though I have a knife
>and I can't pick up anything more deadly from my environment
>this is the scenario I will plan for
>>
>>33978287
do you have a single clue what you're talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbZiEEwry34
>>
professional shank.
>>
I carry one disguised as a decorative necklace/medallion, not very comfortable to use because of it but it works and looks fashionable.

Yeah having a regular knife to actually hold onto is better than something that might come loose jabbing it into a person but I don't want to cause people around me undue alarm, which has almost happened a few times.

T. New Jersey.
>>
>>33978287
Some states like mine don't allow Conceal carry anon. I don't like relying on a tiny piece of sharp metal in the event my life is in danger, probably against someone who has a gun. I much rather have a gun to defend myself with but as it stands that would put me in jail for wanting to stay alive.

So, it's not cut and dry as to why some people use knives instead of guns, for plenty it's because we don't have any other option for legally preserving our own well being.
>>
>>33978287
but u can cover 21 feet with a knife and stab someone before the average person can draw a gun and shoot
>>
File: image.jpg (513KB, 1286x1005px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
513KB, 1286x1005px
Art Deco trench stabber a best
>>
>>33977925
It makes logical sense only when a prosecutor decides to try to slam anyone who uses a weapon in self defense, on the general theory that weapons = bad. You don't see that happen much in the South, but in urban areas or a lot of northern states, too many people are just sensitized to use of a weapon as evil by default.

You can also expect this kind of scrutiny if you are white and ever have to use a weapon against a minority (which is statistically the most probable use of self defense other than a minority having to use a weapon against another minority.) Then, you're not only a crazy weapon wielder, you're also a racist by default.

My go-to bedside gun is an old Savage-Stevens double barrel 12 gauge (hey, even Joe Biden loves those, so liberals have a harder time complaining.) I carry a .38 S&W Chief's Special, and I have a .357 levergun in my trunk for emergency or while camping.

Just think like a noguns prosecutor for a moment - you shoot someone in self defense with a farmer gun or something granddad could have given you, it looks more like self defense. When you shoot someone (even with the exact same facts of the confrontation) using an AR-15, UTAS, or your favorite 9mm with Punisher skull grips and Zombie brand fleshripping hollowpoints, it's easier to make it look like you were just looking for an opportunity to kill someone under a thin veil of legitimacy.

Seriously, the best thing you can do to stop this kind of crap is to go find a couple of people in your lifetime to impart your knowledge and love of firearms to. Take a friend shooting - especially if they're a little on the liberal side. Make someone not afraid of guns. Get someone else into the hobby. If more gun owners did that, we'd slow the rise of the anti-gunners.
>>
>>33975487
Didn't Sgt Barnes in Platoon have one? That alone makes me want one.
>>
>>33980512
but any object used to kill another person is, technically, a "weapon"
what does it matter if the object was designed to kill or not?
am i making sense?
>"oh you killed someone in SD but it was with a lead pipe you found on the ground right as you were being attacked, that's ok"
vs
>"you killed someone in SD but it was with a kinfe that can't chop onions so you were obviously planning to murder someone"

i don't get it
>>
>>33975487
>iz theees a meem?
SHUT THE FUCK UP, FAGGOT
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT EMPLOYING GROSS MOTOR SKILLS IN A FIGHT WHY DON'T YOU GO EDUCATE YOUR SORRY ASS AND GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE
>>
>>33979284
I'm hoping you realize this is a meme that police use to justify shooting people from 25 feet away with a cell phone in their hand that "looked like a knife."

Source: worked as a sworn, gun-carrying law enforcement officer for 10 years before taking a much better job. Saw way too many cops who are trigger happy cowards, but everyone's supposed to treat them like they're combat wounded infantry veterans of Afghanistan on their third tour of duty. Yeah, that whole "we honor our military and police" thing? I'll honor the military, and not antagonize the police, but too many of them are cowards in jobs that are truthfully lower risk than your average convenience store clerk or truck driver. For all of the bullshit and commando-style militarization committed in the name of "officer safety," find out how many cops in your county have actually been killed in the line of duty in the last 20 years. Now divide that in half, because they also consider "in the line of duty" shooting yourself with an ND, or running your car into a bridge because you got excited chasing a speeder.
>>
>>33980642
you know what they say bro the first thing you lose when you get your bachelor's degree is your respect for people with bachelors degrees. i think that applies to a lot of things
>>
>>33977925
Because Tyrone & Senpai can get you in civil court. I understand what you're saying, but having a weapon specifically of that purpose never looks good.

Is it fair? Not really. As my mom says, Fair is a place people go to get on rides. Be smart, not a tactical ninja. A pocket folder or something is what you should use if you don't CC.
>>
>>33980540
I'll make the anti-gunner/anti-self defense argument for them, to illustrate how some idiot cop/prosecutor/jury member may think:

You are being threatened by a guy who appears mentally unstable and says he's "gonna kill you, bitch." You warn him to stay back, you have a knife and will use it. No witnesses around, and no help to be had. As he approaches, you stab him in the neck and end the attack. He bleeds out while cops are on the way. He happens to be black.

Now, two scenarios: In the first, you stabbed him with a medium-sized folding pocket knife of the kind that looks like it could be (and maybe has been) used as anything from a screwdriver to a whittling instrument to a camping tool. Just a basic knife, nothing tacticool about it.
Now in scenario 2, you pulled out a boot knife, a double-edged sleek looking death dagger, a real WWII collectible, complete with a swastika on the handle and "Deutschland Uber Alles" inscribed on the blade. Missing its original scabbard, you have improvised with a tactical black boot sheath with a Punisher skull above the logo "Molon Labe" and just below the nifty SS pin that ties the whole ensemble together.

So the issue is (and will be in every self defense case): did you have to resort to lethal force in this instance? The cop, or if it goes farther, the prosecutor and judge and jury, will need to determine your intent, and they will base this in part on your credibility and the evidence at hand. Do you agree that in ONE of the two scenarios, there might be an interpretation that you were looking for trouble and maybe your story isn't the whole truth? I don't like to give someone else the ability to second guess me anymore than they have to. That's why I don't add tacticool shit or carry especially "evil-looking" weapons if a suitable non-tactical alternative will do.

Likewise, shoot someone with your old double barrel, wood stock shotgun, it might not make the local paper. Use an AR-15, and it will be on CNN.
>>
>>33980642
>Look up local police statistics
>13 Dead
>7 Murdered
>50% is right on
>>
>>33975487
No, not a meme, they work well if you find yourself in a life-or-death fistfight. So will a lot of other things.

Problem is, most fistfights aren't life-or-death, they're situations you could have and should have extricated your ass from with little more than maybe wounded pride, and that's only if you're of the type to get butthurt by a loudmouth at the bar anyway.

These are a good way to turn a fistfight into the unilateral use of lethal force, and possibly end up in prison when you have a tough time explaining why you decided to one-up the drunk who was making rude comments and squaring off to fight, and ended up perforating his lung.

One of the hardest but most important things to learn when you start carrying a weapon of any kind is how to encounter a really shitty or even scary situation and get out of it without anyone even knowing you ever had that ace in the hole.

Imagine you're carrying your favorite badass blade or your favorite .45, and someone cuts you off in traffic cussing up a storm at you, or makes a rude comment to your girlfriend, or calls you whatever your least favorite slur happens to be, or even chest-bumps you while questioning your manhood. Or maybe he really screws with your head and spits on you for emphasis. Now imagine walking away without saying anything or putting up a fight, knowing the asshole thinks he won and you're a total pussy. If you're carrying anything you might be tempted to use when that shit escalates, you better not assist in the escalation of said shit. If you do, you're dangerous, a fool, and the kind of jackass that makes it harder for people acting in genuine self defense.

If you want to go around being an MMA hero, learn MMA and don't arm yourself, just be prepared to defend against a knife attack - then talk all the smack you want and swing those fists when the mood strikes you. If you want to have the option to use lethal force, keep your mouth shut and be prepared to walk away if you can.
>>
>>33975526
stand behind them, punch in side of throat and rip forward: then *stab**stab* pop both lung: vamoose.
Illegal in the UK, TRIPLEY ILLEGAL if zombie green and made of something non-metallic.
>>
File: 549789.jpg (66KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
549789.jpg
66KB, 880x660px
>>33981045
cold steel makes one EXACTALLY that you described. Non-metallic and they're surprisingly sharp, mostly at the tip though.

Cold steel actually makes a bunch of grivory knives and what not. They say hide them outside, tape them to the back of a toilet bowl, anywhere you might want a knife. Last time I bought one they were like 10 bucks each.

pic related
>>
>>33981661
get elemental knives' ones if you like aesthetic
>>
>>33980512
Name an instance where the prosecution has used "this gun is scary" in court.
>>
>>33977944
>Because knives aren't really a self defense thing unless you want the intimidation factor but then you just invite escalation if the thug has hs own weapons.

Your whole post still has skidmarks from where it slid out your ass
>>
>>33978287
I like how you ignore all of the cases of self defense using a knife in modern times and antiquity, many of which involve grappling with an opponent (like the cop that had to cut a guy off of his service weapon). Also why the fuck would you need to look for a weapon laying around if you have one. As a bonus, a knife is a tool, even a shitty knife
>>
>>33980845
>Tyrone and sempai
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.