[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

keymod is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1439947190195.png (445KB, 1176x664px) Image search: [Google]
1439947190195.png
445KB, 1176x664px
So now that keymod is dead, when will they stop selling it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvpTPBcmLLU
>>
>>33974406
That picture only makes sense out of context

That photo was like circa 2004-5 before the whole tactical industry exploded.
>>
>>33975207
Keep crying geardo. There was a tactifag industry back then too, but skill was stressed more than gear.
>>
>>33974406
Debatable really. They'll keep trying to get people to buy it. It might even see an upswing once it's at clearance price.
>>
>>33974406
Never, I still see Keymod everywhere while Mlok is rare to see.
>>
>>33976301
Taran Tactical and 3 gun competitors rock Keymod every day.
>>
>>33975207
Point stands that he can operate as fuck without any expensive gear.
>>
>>33974406
Its a shame KeyMod is so shit.

I liked the fact it was open source and public domain but it is objectively worse than M-LOK
>>
>>33976445
like their lives depend on the gear they use.

there is nothing wrong with keymod, but the stakes are completely different and opr8rs want shit that wont fall apart if you drop it or subject it to abuse that wont be found in a controlled, competition setting.
>>
>>33976301
>>33976445
Apparently recent retailer surveys show m-lok accessories outselling keymod by about 3 to 1.

Here's the thing, magpul is always going to be the basic bitch go to for furniture, while also having high end shit that tends to be in demand. Meaning their m-lok is always going to sell.
>>
>>33976616
M-lok is public and open as well. Magpul put it out that way to compete with keymod.
>>
I honestly don't care either way. I'll buy M-Lok for my next build, I guess, but I'm not gonna throw away the Keymod on my current AR, because I don't actually put anything in the key slots. All I run on my guns are optics and backup sights, and the only reason I have a Keymod rail is because it's slim, light, and gives me a place to put a front sight.
>>
>>33978406
No it is Free Licensed. If you want to manufacture a M-LOK part you require a license from Magpul before you can do so.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.