[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CANADA THREAD - MAGAZINES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

Hey guys I have a question

Semi-auto black rifles like the AR15 or whatever scary suburban baby killing assault wifle is limited to 5 rounds, but with a "pistol" marked 10rd magazine you can use that along with as many boolets as it will fit legally.

Bear with me here /k/

I believe that I'm correct in saying that BOLT ACTION rifles like pic related are unregulated when it comes to magazine capacity. However that magazine needs to be stamped as firearm specific

Now to my question:

Would it hypothetically be legal to put a 30 Round magazine for a bolt action rifle (Stamped for the specific rifle obviously and if such a thing exists) in something like an AR15 provided it fits and functions properly?

Thanks for reading senpai. Genuinely curious if anybody else has ever considered this.
>>
>>33972549
Yes you're right. But there isnt a 10+ rounds bolt action specific mag that would fit in an AR.
>>
>>33972549
sounds like your talking about scout rifles.
>>
File: 30 round lee enfield.jpg (309KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
30 round lee enfield.jpg
309KB, 2560x1440px
>>33972549

So, like this?
Note, that is a Long Branch No 4.
>>
File: Gun safety.png (40KB, 750x700px) Image search: [Google]
Gun safety.png
40KB, 750x700px
>>33972576

Hmmmm

Is that maybe some opportunity I smell in the air?

Would the physical rifle have to even exist or would a STANAG compatible concept rifle be all the is needed in order for somebody to make "rifle-specific" magazines?

>TFW 19y/o with no money, couldn't manufacture a firearm (legally) even if everything outlined was true
>>
>>33972576
Mossberg MVP
>>
>>33972621
where can I buy one of those bren mag adapters?
>>
>>33972621

Yes just like that. Except the magazine would have to have markings that indicate that it was intended for that specific gun, so it couldn't be blank.
>>
no, it would be labeled as dual purpose and prohibited on the spot.
>>
>>33972652

FUCK CANADA
U
C
K
>>
Technically yes? I think this is the same thing as fitting handgun magazines in rifles

However, I don't think there's any sort of bolt action rifle that has magazines like this, and anything designed to use magazines that also fit into AR's just use AR mags

Sadly were stuck with throwing pistol mags into AR's for 10 rounds
>>
>>33972652

What if the magazine was, say, slightly different. Enough that it wouldn't fit without some kind of adapter.

Would it be legal to make the magazine and the adapter?
>>
>>33972634

You make one. Like I did.

>>33972637

Use the top end of a No4 mag in addition to modding a BREN mag, so it's obvious?
>>
>>33972549
The magazine is limited based on its original gun and caliber.

Duel purpose magazines like a hi point carbine and pistol are limited to 5 cos the rifle takes.

But if say a pistol has a 40 and 9mm variety and the 40 magazine happens to fit in the 9 and happens to hold 1 more 9mm then it's within the law. That's how beo mags work. They just happen to hold 15 or whatever 556 even though they're pinned for 5 beowulf.

If there was a 50 rounder for some bolt action, that was clearly marked as for that bolt gun in that caliber and just happened to fit in a semi auto.It's currently legal for that to be.

But like the Enfield which is limited to 10 cos there's a mg that uses Lee magazines, rcmp likes to shit on people, very quickly.

Anyway.

DRILL BABY DRILL
>>
>>33972894

How the fuck did Canada get so cucked?
>>
File: IMG_5207.jpg (80KB, 572x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5207.jpg
80KB, 572x626px
C E A S E.
>>
Some anon posted that 20-round Remington 700 mags will fit into an M305/M1A/M14, which is completely legal, so there's that.

Also this country's gun laws are cucked because some politicians pointed at guns in a magazine they thought were scary, down to typos and making things like the G11 prohibited by name.
>>
>>33973084
We let a woman act as Prime Minister for a few months.
>>
File: posing ladyboy.jpg (152KB, 800x527px) Image search: [Google]
posing ladyboy.jpg
152KB, 800x527px
>>33973235
Whaddya mean Justine has be around for more than that now?
>>
File: durr durr.jpg (7KB, 266x272px) Image search: [Google]
durr durr.jpg
7KB, 266x272px
>>33973194
>G11 prohibited by name

Every time I think about this, I laugh then mournfully stare out the window and contemplate on how retarded this fucking country is with gun laws.
>>
>>33973415
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+kim+campbell
>>
File: Mossberg-MVP.jpg (98KB, 1000x879px) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg-MVP.jpg
98KB, 1000x879px
>>33972627
Mossberg MVP series.

They make ones that take STANAG and ones that take AR-10 magazines.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.