[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muzzleloaders for home defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: 155bbfb3406192.jpg (720KB, 1625x1905px) Image search: [Google]
155bbfb3406192.jpg
720KB, 1625x1905px
Are they a viable option in Europe? Which model would work best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k

I read somewhere the rate of fire is about 3 shots minute which isn't so bad. They can also be loaded with rock salt as a less lethal option.
>>
Someone post the greentext.
>>
File: tyrese.png (726KB, 1914x2000px) Image search: [Google]
tyrese.png
726KB, 1914x2000px
shibabaloo bebop bop bam
>>
File: blunderbuss.jpg (90KB, 1500x802px) Image search: [Google]
blunderbuss.jpg
90KB, 1500x802px
>>33970383
Funny but you can't deny a muzzleloader is the ultimate survival weapon, much more suited to a SHTF situation than any fancy modern firearm for which you'd eventually run out of ammo.
>>
File: P1010706.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
P1010706.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>33970326
I suppose it's viable enough. My 50cal with fast expanding hunting loads is nastier than any other centerfire I have. It expands to near 100cal very fast. I've yet to shoot a deer and not have it drop on the spot.
Between speed loaders and some practice, you could probably do a few shots a minute with ease. But don't fool yourself into thinking you'd ever have the chance to reload should someone be hellbent on getting you after you miss.
If you have any interest in shooting a load that isn't a single projectile, you'll probably want a smooth bore gun instead of a rifled one though. Just try 22lr birdshot loads from a rifled gun and it'll be obvious why it's a horrible idea. Shoot it from a smooth bore and it'll reach out and touch stuff pretty far away because it's not being thrown in every direction with the spin of rifling. The pattern of a rifled gun is insane at even a few feet.
>Which model would work best?
Get a modern 50cal probably that uses 209 shotgun primers, and one with fiber sights to make it easier to pick them out in low light.
Partially because it's what I have, I'll say a knight krb7. And that's mainly because of the incredible ease of cleaning compared to other muzzle loaders I see... Drop out trigger/hammer giving easy access to unscrew the breach plug.
>>
File: 215-pr3112s.jpg (8KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
215-pr3112s.jpg
8KB, 440x440px
>>33970462
Thanks. I didn't know they made modernized hunting muzzleloaders, that's actually pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSIpk60Z6U
>>
>>33970326
>Which model would work best?
Henry All-Weather in .45-70. :^)
>>
>>33970326
Be aware that you'll probably still be charged with assault with a deadly weapon and half a dozen other charges. They don't want you guys defending yourselves and will gladly make an example of anyone who tries.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 451x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 451x561px
>>33970326
Just prepare yourself to carry more than one
>>
File: volleyguns.jpg (126KB, 600x855px) Image search: [Google]
volleyguns.jpg
126KB, 600x855px
>>33970682
Obviously
>>
>>33970326
Eva Green is so hot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.