[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything actually wrong with chamber indicators, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 14

File: 2ca9m9-1-e1352341071857.jpg (29KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
2ca9m9-1-e1352341071857.jpg
29KB, 600x380px
Is there anything actually wrong with chamber indicators, or is hating safety features just a meme?
>>
>>33966507
Looks dumb
>>
>>33966507

I'm not a fan, but I can see where some people would want one, so I don't care. The only feature on firearms I hate in any context is a magazine disconnect
>>
it's yet one more component on a firearm that really serves no real purpose.

Finger off trigger
Gun pointed towards safe direction
Drop mag
Press check

There, you're done
>>
A loaded chamber indicator is actually a decent idea, but they shouldn't be standardized. If you're stupid enough to pull the trigger without checking the chamber you deserve everything that happens to you.

The California regulation on it is particularly bullshit because it's bigger than an Xbox and twice as ugly.
>>
>>33966528
Its purpose is so you don't have to do those things you just wrote.

I wish service rifles for my country had them so recruits would stop accidentally shooting trees.
>>
pretty redundant for anyone who isn't legitimately too retarded to know when their gun is loaded.
>>
It doesn't affect the function of the weapon in any positive manner, so it's just useless and ugly.
>>
>>33966543
Least you haven't been shot yet.
>>
File: 1482187565419.jpg (79KB, 843x918px) Image search: [Google]
1482187565419.jpg
79KB, 843x918px
I don't mind the little red dong indicating the weapon but everything else is retarded.
>>
>>33966528
>it's yet one more component on a firearm that really serves no real purpose.

before I properly broke my new gun in, I went out for a walk with it. When I got back, I realized the slide hadn't actually picked up a round, and the chamber had been empty the entire time.

A chamber indicator allows you to certify that the weapon is charged, which is a useful feature for daily use.
>>
Like my dick.
>>
>>33966507
I just wish it didn't say "hur dur loaded when up", might as well label the safety as "if u can see red f den ur redy fer shooty" or the little cutouts on the back of a mag like "if der's brass at dis point den you's got dis many bulits".
>>
>>33966578
Why would you not have a brass check as part of your re-holster procedure?
>>
>>33966507
If it's unobtrusive then I'm not against it, even though it's a feature that I don't really use. I carry with my safety off, but I don't get assmad about guns having safeties.
>>
>>33966507
I mean, functionally speaking, it doesn't do anything to prevent non-human accidents. Grip safeties, trigger safeties, manual safeties, and pin blocks all prevent outside forces from activating the gun, making it so that the only reason it could ever go off is because a person made it go off. Chamber indicators are a measure against human negligence, and frankly, if you're so negligent to handle a loaded firearm in an unsafe manner, you're probably the kind of person who fails to acknowledge the chamber indicator anyways.

They're not a hindrance by any means, just not beneficial enough to be a selling point for me.
>>
>>33966543
So your nation has lax training.
No offense but your reasoning is why I'm against them. I can't see them being a point of total failure aside the most severe issue.

But it's user error if the lci doesn't work or you skip 1 step the lci vs your 4 rules. You got a recipe for trouble.

Same stupid with people who go ehh I don't need to check my blind spot I have an air bag. And yes had I not heard it or seen it I'd doubt it myself.

Now figure those are same idiots who'd use the LCI as your only safety. Ass holes like that are kind to ND into a wall or worse.

It's not a bad idea it's just it's used to skip out on better and safer methods.
>>
>>33966523

It is a valuable anti-retard device IMO. I get the hate but imagine being a cop and having to be around 20 other dudes with mediocre handling practices... it's not my ND I'm worried about, it's where theirs might go.
>>
>>33966599
>Why would you not have a brass check as part of your re-holster procedure?

that's my point - why would you rather do this every time than just look at the indicator?
>>
>>33966657
1/10000000000000 chance mechanical failure

I'm agreeing with you though, it has some use.
>>
File: 1459765734390.png (211KB, 567x589px) Image search: [Google]
1459765734390.png
211KB, 567x589px
>unnecessary bullshit with writing on it
I hate this, in all forms and on all products regardless of what they are.
>>
>>33966507
They are pretty gay.

I like the glock and Beretta 92 "indicators" glock better. I can feel the extractor in the darkness to make sure a round is chambered.

My guns are only ever unloaded if I am cleaning them though. So it's kinda moot.

>am I about to clean it?
>if yes, unload it, if no, it's already loaded

The best gun safety tip is to keep your guns loaded at all times. That way you treat them like they are loaded at all times cause you know they are.
>>
>>33966507
OP the loaded chamber indicator in your pic is a perfect allegory for me getting drunk enough to fuck your mother.
>>
>>33966507

They're only helpful for retards.
>>
>>33966507
the ones done in an unobtrusive way like a glock or berreta extractor are fine. the ones where they remove material and add a lever cause ca are shit.
the earliest version of the lci on the ruger mkiii could cause negligent discharges until they fixed it cause it could act like a second firing pin.
>>
>>33966807
>I like the glock and Beretta 92 "indicators" glock better. I can feel the extractor in the darkness to make sure a round is chambered.
Glock owner here. I never fucking noticed that. I guess good on them
>>
>>33966507
>>33966507
i personally dont mind it, saves doing a press check i guess, which i do anyway because i need to see the brass and wont trust a little feature gadget. so actually i guess i hate it now
>>
>>33966507
I had a handgun with one, never trusted it to be empty though.
>>
>>33966622
Put it is a tab of metal that is pushed up by a round, how can it fail? It works the same was as a bolt hold open on M16, except both surfaces are metal.

>Will the copper jacket or brass case wear out the steel tab?
No

>Will the round deform in such a way that prevents the tab from rising?
Maybe

>Will carbon deposits lock the tab in the upright position?
Yes, eventually, recruit should clean gun better

>Could the hinge pin snap or fail in some other way?
Yes, but gravity will still make it function

>>33966556
Yes, but many trees have died and I know someone who has 3 rounds through calf muscle.
>>
>>33966507
If they don't obstruct sights and don't snag there is literally no reason not to have them.
>>
It can fail, and as such should not be relied upon. The only way to know for sure that a gun is loaded, is to perform a chamber check.
>>
File: sr45.jpg (419KB, 1336x752px) Image search: [Google]
sr45.jpg
419KB, 1336x752px
>>33966507

It's not so bad. It's relatively small and has at least some purpose, even if small. I'd still prefer without it or at the very least without the LOADED WHEN UP. Either way, not an immediate deal-killer.

Now, THIS fucking shit here...
>>
>>33966543
>I wish service rifles for my country had them so recruits would stop accidentally shooting trees.
a small tab is not going to magically solve accidental shootings, if people don't treat their unloaded/loaded gun with the same respect and caution, then a little tab with letters on it is not going to do jack shit.
>>
>>33966957
What happens when the internet goes down in WW3?
>>
File: 1494833449224137528482.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1494833449224137528482.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>33966507
Its practical. One should not rely on one thing alone but i dont mind this.
>>
>>33966578
>before I properly broke my new gun in
>went out for a walk
>realized the slide hadn't actually picked up a round

This has literally fuck all to do with your new gun being broken in and everything to do with you being a limp wristed bitch that can't rack their slide properly.
>>
>>33966507
finger is your safety.
>>
>>33966507
>>33966523
>>33966531
>>33966543
>>33966578
>>33966648
>>33966657
>>33966701
>>33966821
>>33966869
>>33966921

Anyone who is so retarded to require a chamber indicator is exactly the kind of person who is exactly the kind of retard who is going to ND regardless of said chamber indicator. If anything they only serve to make morons even more complacent and more prone to ND.
>>
>own revolver
>every time I pick up the gun I check the cylinders
Do people really not do this? I wouldn't trust a little tab, no matter how mechanically accurate it's supposed to be. I always have to check with my own eyes that there's not a round in the chamber/magazine if I don't want there to be one.
You should also never ever fucking dry fire if you don't check. Like what's so hard about dropping the mag and racking the slide, nigger?
>>
>>33967069
nah some magazines flex enough to let you jam an extra round in and then the bolt won't even push it out, just skips right over.
>>
>>33967120
I'm sure you're smart enough to be able to count up to 15, Anon.
>>
>>33967132
>he counts every round he jams into a mag

autist/10
>>
>>33967138
Oh, then I guess I was wrong. Have fun in second grade, Billy!
>>
>>33966543
If they are accidentally shooting trees, they are not familiar enough with firearms.
"The gun is always loaded"
"Never place your finger on the trigger, unless you intend to shoot."
If your recruit is fucking up two of the four basic safety rules, why do you think he will use the lci properly? Something that is still new to him. Why are you training someone to use a crutch, which encourages them to ignore the basics of safety? Which they should know by heart before they ever even hold a firearm. It just reeks of noguns, like ny triggers, and biometric guns.
>>
File: IMG_20170515_040216680.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_040216680.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
So what is /k/'s opinion on LCI's like this?
>>
>>33966507
Years ago. People actually learned gun safety. Sometime from their parents or they were intelligent enough to seek out proper handling and usage. People just go out and get one and think they automatically know what to do with it and handle it. It's like buying a car. If you don't know how to drive one then you shouldn't buy one.
>>
>>33967172
looks like someone mangled your 1911 son. Go take it to get fixed. Hell, might need a new one after what ruination was visited on that poor gun.
>>
>>33966507
I have a habit of assuming all firearms always have a round chambered at all moments.
Consequently I have a habit of attempting to shoot firearms that are on condition 3, so a chamber indicator is likely to save my ass when shit goes crazy.
>>
>>33966964
and? seatbelts dont save every life but it helps. considering an ND could literally kill someone, a reduction in that number by any percent, if it dosent impede the function of the weapon seems reasonable
>>
>>33967093
Lol

You are the kind of autistic moron ruining this place. Spouting your opinion like it's fact even though you don't really know shit.

Kys.
>>
>>33967205
>so a chamber indicator is likely to save my ass when shit goes crazy.

Doubt it.

When shit goes tits up you're not going to take time to check the LCI. You're going to shit yourself and dry fire an empty gun at a threat.
>>
This was not done with any sort of rigor but when I got a ruger mark III, which had a LCI which sticks into the chamber, I took it apart and cleaned it and made sure things looked good. Then I took it out and could hardly make it through a mag without it failing to feed. So I take it home, take the LCI out (replace external indicator with a plug), and take it out again. This time I only had a couple failures in a few hundred rounds and those were the likely the cartridges' faults.
>>
>>33967391
"take it out" it being the gun. Didn't realize how poorly worded that was.
>>
>>33966513
>Looks dumb
Like you
>>
>>33966983
You can't use it.
>>
>>33966523
>magazine disconnect
Imagine if you will, the non-owner or occasional user has a round chambered but needs to clear the weapon and the main user is not around (wifey hears a noise for example). Safety on blocks the slide in many cases. If they know to take the magazine out they cannot fire, they are safer. Simply put, it may be a Kalifornia safety device, but it does serve a purpose outside of Kalifornia. If you don't like your disconnect, take it out.
>>
My S&W 469 doesn't technically have one, but I can see the rim of a loaded cartridge in the gap between the barrel and slide, so it's easy to tell at a glance if it's loaded or not.
>>
>>33966528
>really serves no real purpose
Hey, remember my thread from yesterday? Legally blind friend (not missing eyes, just can't get a license type of blindness) likes this idea instead of a fuzzy brass check. Can't think of anybody but yourself and your bloated opinions, eh?
>>
>>33966531
>you're stupid enough to pull the trigger without checking the chamber you deserve everything that happens to you
Fuck tard, if you are blinded (mace/spray/strobes/concussion/etc) and in a stressful situation, how are you going to brass check? You're like, "Nah, fuck that shit, I'll just eject one to be sure." Whoops, that was your last round.
>>
>>33966544
>pretty redundant for anyone who isn't legitimately too retarded to know when their gun is loaded.
Your lack of education is telling.
>>
>>33966578
Agreed. You CANNOT unholster for a brass check or you could face brandishing charges. (Depends on your location and how "certain" the liberal you scared affirms to the responding LEO you waved your gun around.)
>>
>>33966584
>cutouts on the back of a mag
SIDE of my mags, you glawktard
>>
File: GRIP ZONE.jpg (26KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
GRIP ZONE.jpg
26KB, 300x225px
>>33966718
>he doesn't like the GRIP ZONE
>>
>>33966507
I like the one on my USPC, so it's not a bad thing if done correctly, But adding it like they've done in OP's img, is a bit much.
>>
>>33966608
>if you're so negligent to handle a loaded firearm in an unsafe manner, you're probably the kind of person who fails to acknowledge the chamber indicator anyways
Stating the obvious does NOT make you any type of sage. Darwinism
>>
>>33967945
>Whoops, that was your last round.
guess what retard, having only one round left in your magazine is good indicator that there's one the chamber... you might know this if you've ever fired a gun
>>
>>33966622
>Same stupid with people who go ehh I don't need to check my blind spot I have an air bag.
Dumbest analogy ITT
>>
>>33967972
>having only one round left in your magazine is good indicator that there's one the chamber
Guess what, King of the Retards. Shooter might have a first gen LCP or several other guns that don't hold the slide open after the last round. You are a dumb ass, mouth breathing, bottom feeder. Fucking glawktards.
>>
>>33967191
>thinks that his gun is a 1911
Please be joking. That is a M&P Shield lad
>>
>>33966718
>WARNING: Plastic Bags can be dangerous. To avoid danger of suffocation do not place this bag on one's head
>>
>>33967932
Your legally blind dumbass friend should learn how to do a brass check without using his eyes, then. I do it for my HD guns all the time before going to bed.
>>
>>33968042
Surely, you cannot take the side of corporations trying to avoid frivolous lawsuits! /s
>>
>>33967972
How do you know the status of your magazine? Slide locks back only after the chamber is empty.

The guy you're arguing with is a retard, but so are you.
>>
>>33968054
>Your legally blind dumbass friend
...is 10X the shooter you'll ever be. If he wants a LCI, who the fuck cares?
>before going to bed
Whew, lad. You must live in a skeery war zone or have monsters under your bed.
>>
>>33968065
>How do you know the status of your magazine? Slide locks back only after the chamber is empty.
Not all semi autos do that. You just outed yourself as a retard.
>>
>>33968066
>...is 10X the shooter you'll ever be. If he wants a LCI, who the fuck cares?
I'm not so bad of a shot that I'll be outdone by a blind idiot.
>Whew, lad. You must live in a skeery war zone or have monsters under your bed.
>>wow, you make sure the seatbelt is on before you take off? What a pussy lol
>>
>>33968073
>I'm not so bad of a shot that I'll be outdone by a blind idiot.
You telepath your stupidity about guns in general. But you want me to believe you can aim!? That is laughable at best. Certainly are grasping for anon approvals on your part.
>>
>>33968071
Most guns do. What's your point anyway?
>>
>>33968079
"My" stupidity about guns in general? I'm not the one who wants a loaded chamber indicator on my guns.
>>
>>33968081
>Most guns do. What's your point anyway?
Absolute statements spotlight your lack of knowledge, gun noob.
>>
>>33968088
I never made any absolute statements, you're just an illiterate shitposter.
>>
>>33968087
Neither of the guys you're arguing with, I just wanted to jump in and call you a retard. Carry on.
>>
>>33966606
This, LCIs have been a round forever in the form of painted extractors and nobody gave a shit until Ruger had to go full lawyer mode.
>>
>>33966507
They're great when they're not fugly.
>>
>>33966578
Why can't you just do a brass check?
>>
>>33966507
Almost as bad as "read manual before use" stamped on the side of your gun
>>
If its a carry piece, I would prefer it (if I carried semi autos) if its a range toy like a 1911 keep that shit off there for those clean aesthetics.
>>
>>33966507
A simple thin short nib is the only thing that works.
Able to feel it in dark and doesn't look retarded.
>>
>>33966507

overengineered solution

simpler is to just machine a small square opening at top of slide so you can peek in

unless you want to do that at nite
>>
>>33966507
>don't need it (just brasscheck)
>looks ugly in cases like these
>additional mechanical complexity
Anything more than one safety is redundant and adds more needless complexity.

Mention any gun with more than one safety and I'll tell you how to improve it.
>>
>>33967945
Or, you know, not racking the slide all the way.
>>
>>33966543
Sounds like a conscript army.
>>
I like it, at least on my glocknade.

>dark
>feel round chambered indicator with index finger
>mind at ease
>>
There's nothing wrong with a chamber indicator because it shouldn't stop you from practicing proper firearm handling techniques. And no safety feature could ever replace that.
>>
File: IMG_5060.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5060.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>33966507
I love it on my shield, hate that califnora made it mandatory.

Always there when you need it, never in the way when you don't.
>>
File: P1130402_zpsq44kthzl.jpg (189KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1130402_zpsq44kthzl.jpg
189KB, 1024x768px
>>33966507
Makes it easy to tell if my p83 is loaded, although on the shit side it looks like a retaining pin is walking out when one is chambered
>>
>>33966507
Pure meme from nogun guntards
>>
>>33966507
It's a nice feature to have, but it's not terribly useful if you know what you're doing.
>>
>something goes bump in the night.
>wake up, grab your piece.
>don't want to illuminate and reveal your location until it's time to shoot.
>feel the chamber indicator to check if you're ready to go
>feeling the indicator is silent.

Yup. Dumb feature.
>>
>>33972356
Or you could check the weapon before sleeping. Or you could simply brass check.
>>
>>33966507
First one to have that tattooed on their benis gets 10,000 Internet points.
>>
File: rare.jpg (81KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
rare.jpg
81KB, 612x816px
>>33967963
>tfw you're the owner of a -<RARE>- non-Glock with indicator cutouts on the back of the mag
Could this be the weapon to surpass metal gear?
>>
>>33966507
I'm not against it, but if someone's worried they might forget to brass check, perhaps they're better off with a revolver.
>>
>>33966507
Less case support
>>
Nothing wrong with them, but as they are being used as a backdoor way for dems to ban more guns they are the devil.
>>
It's not an inherently bad idea, but;
>(((((california))))) uses it for leverage, therefore fuck it
>retards who can't into firearms will rely on it and not practice proper safety
it's another "safe-action trigger". it'll be used as a crutch to avoid actual firearms safety because
>muh gun said it was unloaded and it's sposed to be safe an shit
>>
>>33974157
The difference is that a trigger safety at least functionally does something, it stops the trigger from moving if the trigger isn't properly gripped.

The benefits might be marginal, and I hate how they feel, but at least it's not a big-ass flag popping up on the slide.
>>
Why is the loaded chamber window not more popular. My cz has a little less material on one side of the barrel where it meets the slide where you can just look at the chamber without doing a press check.
>>
>>33972356
>Not remembering if your firearm is loaded

Jesus, who let grampa keep his gun?!
>>
>>33969081
>One safety fails
>Shoots own doggo
>thanksObama.gif
>>
>>33974647
>needs a safety to stop him from shooting his dog
How about observing where the muzzle is and not fingering the trigger like a tard?
>>
>>33974705
>Rack slide
>BANG doggo

>Drop gun
>GG puppers
>>
>>33966507
I want something that I can feel in darkness/low light that let's me know the chamber has something ready to go. It does not need print on it.
I I do not want to press check because it's obvious both visually and audibly.
>>
>>33969081
go away gaston
>>
>>33974715
Maybe don't carry a Jimenez.

>>33974726
I don't like the Glock that much, and I greatly prefer a manual safety to a trigger or grip safety.
>>
>>33972217
/thread
>>
>>33967172
>useless in low light situations
>additional place for dirt/dookie doos to get into
>be a stupid faggot who doesn't want to presscheck his gun
>look down at retarded hole/lever thing after my dainty hands barely rack the slide
>go about my day until a rabid dindu appears
>pull my mlp cerakoted pistol out with my ultra faggy lci
>pull trigger but, nothing happens
>guns not fully into battery cause I don't have an indicator for that and I'm a retarded faggot
>dindu laughs at you and jives away, leaving you to face utter shame

On a serious note can an lci still be actuated/appear loaded while the gun isn't fully into battery?
>>
>>33967077

>t. Glockfag with Glock-brand Glockleg
>>
>>33974974
If we're gonna be real, anyone who's ever gotten Glock leg should be deemed legally retarded.
>>
>>33975119

>If you're not perfect 100% of the time, then you deserve what's coming to you, and preventive measures that could have prevented it are not up for discussion because you're stupid anyway.

That's why anything other than a hair trigger SAO carried cocked and not locked is the superior choice of all professionals.
>>
File: 00E0E_bIZHusDWqFD_600x450.jpg (16KB, 580x450px) Image search: [Google]
00E0E_bIZHusDWqFD_600x450.jpg
16KB, 580x450px
>>33966507
Mine stopped working after like 500 rds.

>Hmm... pretty sure I racked it
>Rack again, round pops out
>MFW my gun decides to give CA the middle finger.
>>
File: striker babby.png (343KB, 600x614px) Image search: [Google]
striker babby.png
343KB, 600x614px
>>33966507
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THE ONLY SAFETY YOU NEED IS BETWEEN YOUR EARS!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33966507
I need to get underwear like that.
>>
>>33975163

Fucking how?

It rides right on the round.

Did you dremel material off it?
>>
>>33967932
What the fuck is a blind guy doing with a gun in the first place?
>>
>>33975208
On the 226, it's a tiny little piece of sheet metal (pun intended) that probably got bent.

I'm pretty happy that it happened desu, since I can tell the newfuns I meet that safety devices fail and add a personal anecdote to back that up.
>>
>>33975198
kek
>>
>>33975252

Oh, I thought you specifically meant the ruger one shown in the OP.

That makes more sense.
>>
>>33966578
Lol faggot.
>>
G R I P Z O N E
R
I
P
Z
O
N
E
>>
>>33966507
I've always thought of them not so much as a personal safety feature for the user, but for everybody else. I kind of like the idea of knowing instantly if somebody's gun has a round chambered or not.
>>
>>33975156
If you finger your trigger while pulling, you're just a mongoloid, there's nothing else to it.
>>
>>33975444

>If you touch the trigger while firing the gun, you're stupid and shouldn't have a gun.

God, you're worse than the motherfuckers making the anti-lawyer triggers.
>>
>>33975459
No, what I said is if you put your finger on your trigger, WHILE DRAWING YOUR GUN FROM WHERE IT'S HOLSTERED, you are not a very smart person.

You are literally flagging yourself while violating trigger discipline, the finger goes on the trigger AFTER you've drawn, this is not hard.

This should be practice regardless of what you carry, be it a Glock, 1911, revolver or what have you.
>>
>>33975483
>No, what I said is if you put your finger on your trigger, WHILE DRAWING YOUR GUN FROM WHERE IT'S HOLSTERED

Maybe what you meant, but what you said is what you said.

Either way, having extra safety features is always good, used or not, instead of relying on yourself to react perfectly to a high stress situation.
>>
>>33966507
>"safety feature"
>not teaching people to check the chamber manually
>>
>>33975790
Can also be used to check the chamber without looking at it (like in the dark)
>>
>>33966543
>trusting a "safety feature" with your life
>>
>>33975640
I disagree with having extra safety feature is always good. All it does is add more complexity for things to go wrong.Sure a drop safety is a great thing, even a physical hammer/firing pin block when decocking. But a chamber indicator? People should be able to chamber check easily.
Also firearm handlers should always check the firearm if it is loaded as the first thing.
>>
>>33975798
Well, if only I had 15 years of professional firearms handling to rely on instead of a "safety feature".
>>
>>33975818
Not everyone is a badass like you mr. dudebro tacticalpants
>>
File: wew.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>>33967921
>>
>>33966507
They are unnecessary. Every part added is one more thing to break. It also increases cost, which tempts the manufacturer to make up for it by cutting corners in quality.
>>
>>33974929
Guy you replied to, here.

On my PT99, since the extractor is the LCI, yes.
>>
>>33966507
Aesthetically they're ugly, tactically they're awesome. You don't have to chamber check your gun everyday which can separate the bullet from the casing over time. You can also feel if a round is loaded in the dark.

Of course you should always know the status of your weapon, but if you leave it unattended for a period of time who knows who may have fucked with it and cleared your chamber. Being a copfag I check mine every day along with function checking my taser. But being that I have a Glock and they have a habit of fucking everything up, I only have a tiny little nub that I can feel with my fingernail. So I go on duty only 50% sure one of my roommates didn't fuck with my gun and leave me to get killed. Or I can chamber check every day and risk my gun blowing up when I actually have to use it.

The tiny hole ones where you can see the round in the chamber are also good, but my favorite is the FNS indicator which is like the Glock one but bigger. It's part of the extractor so it's not an ugly looking separate part, and it's actually color coded. Come to think of it I should see if I can paint the tiny nub on my Glock.
>>
>>33976801
>they're ugly
That being said, Ruger went overboard with theirs. There's no reason for it to be so massive and obvious other than lawyers.
>>
>>33974929
In my personal experience when I owned a shield there was a definite difference between when there was and wasn't a loaded chamber. The problem was if you had not seen it a few times before you would have to give it a little more than a glance. You're absolutely right about low light situations though. Even when I saw brass I always checked the chamber before going out anyway to make sure I was not mistaking it so it wasn't really that useful to me.
>>
>>33978175
Good on your for making sure your blaster is in good condition. To be honest I didn't even know my block brand block had a lci until about a year after I had owned it. Not like I use it, but I can't complain about it either

>I mean, it didn't have "READ MANUAL BEFORE USING GUN LOL" inscribed on the side of the frame so how was I supposed to know?
>>
>>33976801
You do have a point anon about case separation, but if we're gonna go full paranoid about the merits of an lci screwing up why not change out that particular bullet for one that hasn't been fiddled with?

I'll admit I only started doing this recently , but it pleases my tism and gives me less to worry about.

And I'm pretty sure you could paint your glock lci with a paint pen pretty easy. I'm gonna steal your idea btw
>>
>>33967914
My feelings. How could you.
>>
>>33967926
That makes it a good device for other people's pistols, but never would I ever have one on mine. My special lady friend isn't exactly a gun person, but she is smart enough to work out how a simple mechanical feeding device works.
>>
>>33975640

> instead of relying on yourself to react perfectly to a high stress situation.

You know what? No. At some point you are going to have to have some level of faith in your training.

Keeping your goddamn finger off the fucking trigger until you are aiming at what you want to put a hole in is literally the simplest part of the entire ordeal. If you have some legit question about your ability to do that, stop fucking carrying. Because you damn sure are not going to be able to do anything more involved like reloading under stress, clear malfunctions under stress, or actually hit the other guy rather than motoring fucking ammo off into god knows what.

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>33967932
>t. guy who never brass checks at night when he hears a raccoon fucking around outside
touch the breech with you pinky. feel a hole? the gun is empty
>>
File: Untitledfixed.png (239KB, 642x482px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledfixed.png
239KB, 642x482px
Here you go OP. I fixed that stupid POS for you.
>>
I'm against LCIs, but not for their practicality - I just don't want them obliga tory on guns.

Consumers should have options to choose from when deciding on a firearm, so I can't see why they cannot make versions without them.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.