[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pepper spray is for girls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: 5.3.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5.3.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
Why is pepper spray considered a "bitch" defensive option? I'm a dyel skinnyfat but I carry pepper spray most of the time. I'd rather not try and defend myself with an ASP. It's kind of annoying, pic related is what I carry.

>inb4 muh gun
I carry a g43 too but not often
>>
>>33966410
i carry one too, it's a 'bitch' defensive option because girls are 'not' capable of defending themselves without any weapon, it's just a made up story, maybe for advertisement, who knows. i don't carry a gun, but at least one folder, one bright (500lm) flashlight and a pepper spray with me, however the best off course is not to get involve in a fight, but if you must, fight it with your life,no matter what tools you have
>>
I live in NY and and am a weak ass pussy bitch, don't carry pepper spray but I keep thinking about doing it. Tons of sketchy fucks around here.
>>
>>33966410
Worked security for a bit with a firm that would only let us use non-lethals. The problem I found is that eventually you'll run across people that give absolutely no fucks about your non-lethal device. Doused a guy in pepper spray and he kept coming like it was fucking perfume. Saw a guy get tased and he broke the wires and was up again on the attack in less than a few seconds. There is just some people that can only be stopped by a bullet.
>>
File: 1492298913235.jpg (67KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492298913235.jpg
67KB, 360x360px
>mfw I just carry a gun
Just carry your gun, fag.
>>
>>33966719
How do I break tazer wires? Grab them and yank them off?
>>
>>33966583
Just curious, what race are the sketchy people in NY?
>>
>>33967372
Exclusively Venezuelan
>>
>>33966410
defend yourself with whatever tool you want to and stop giving a fuck about other people's opinions
>>
>>33966410
>Why is pepper spray considered a "bitch" defensive option?

Are you familiar with the 21 foot rule? You know, the one from the Tueller study that finds that on average, a melee attacker can close 21 feet in 2.5 seconds? '

>pepper sprays have something called "burn in" time; several seconds where the capsaicin is still soaking it. 3-5 seconds before it burns 100%.
>pepper spray is usually only good for 10-15 feet
>what's your draw time with a pepper spray canister?

can we see why it's useless now? It cannot be used to defens against attackers who are actually in range. OC should be thought of as a subject control tool (something you use to evoke pain compliance), not as a defensive weapon.

>I carry a g43 too but not often

then start carrying it more often.
>>
File: rape-whistle.jpg (13KB, 378x348px) Image search: [Google]
rape-whistle.jpg
13KB, 378x348px
>>33966410
Have you considered a rape whistle?
>>
>>33966410
i put oleoresin capsaicin on my pizza.
>>
I've used pepper spray on a man before and all it did was piss him off more.
>>
>>33966410
Pepper spray is useless, if you don't like carrying a gun atleast carry an Asp baton, it would actually be useful in a situation where someone is charging you with a knife.

Or stop being a fucking idiot and carry your gun all the time.
>>
>>33967472
unless the agressor is a maniac coming to stab you before asking questions getting grappled/punched for 3 seconds and then having an opportunity to run while they suffer is better than nothing at all
>>
>>33967740
>>33967472
It just seems like a knife or ASP could be taken from me by a big guy
>>
>>33967472
I always thought of pepper spray as a sucker punch so you can run the fuck away.
>>
>>33968257
A gun can too, just saying.
>>
>>33966410
>Why is pepper spray considered a "bitch" defensive option?

Because it's inferior to a gun.

I know moms who carry it because they are pretty sure their destructive 3-year-old is going to dig their CC out of their purse one day and off themselves with it, so they carry pepper spray. Meh, fine, if your kid is that out of control that kinda makes sense. Better for junior to mace himself than brain himself.

Anyone who tells a girl to carry a knife or baton instead of spray is a dumb little mong, though. Girls have zero muscles, can't into melee weapons, and need the range. If she can't carry a gun spray is the next best option, but it still sucks.
>>
>>33968282
Also it makes the rapist not horny.
>>
I work as a security guard here in Finland, we are generally only allowed to carry OC and an ASP. In situations where the use of force is required guards generally use the OC as a plan A sort of tool, spray some on a junkie before he attacks you and force him to comply. If that doesn't work and the subject attacks you, draw out the ASP and beat him into submission. That is generally how it works, OC for control, ASP+fists+anything really for real self defense.

Also
>what's your draw time with a pepper spray canister?
Like 0.9 seconds it's really not that hard. Especially if you have a peter jones.
>>
Pepper spray really really sucks to get hit with and will effectively reduce an attackers vision and take the fight out of most people. Keep in mind a couple considerations though:

1.) It's pretty useless unless you get them good in the eyes

2.) It takes a little time to take effect, so hit them with it and create some distance.
>>
Also they make a small taser designed for the concealed carry market that is designed to go off for 30sec (ouch) while you get out of dodge. That would probably be my choice if I were to want a less than lethal carry option.
>>
File: bigguy.jpg (29KB, 498x593px) Image search: [Google]
bigguy.jpg
29KB, 498x593px
>>33968257
add your virginity to that list anon
>>
>>33967023
if you're clothes are thick enough, if you can fight through it, if you can manage to roll. nothing works perfectly on everyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWR8wxhUxXo
>>
>muh gun is a better weapon
No shit. I carry pepper spray because cuckrope doesnt generally like guns. Plus the chance to go to prison afterwards is a lot lower than with knives etc.
>>
>>33968257
A big guy is going to tear you up anyway anon, pepper spray won't stop him but a baton to the right spot on the knees and ankle will bring him down. You can be very fast with it and retract it before he has a chance to grab it

Knifes are messy and if he bleeds out you might find yourself in court, unless your smacking his head with an ASP you won't kill him with a baton on accident.
>>
>Been maced
Fuck you I lived in texas for 6 months. Ive eaten spicier things
>>
>>33970689
I very much doubt the validity of that statement.
>>
Just stop worrying about what others say and carry whatever the hell you like op.

And yes, it's a pretty effective tool. A lot of people can technically resist pepper spray or fight through the pain (and honestly if you've never been sprayed by the police you don't go to interesting sporting events) but most muggers and random attackers don't have the motivation to fight. They just want an easy target to beat up and maybe rob, and if you look like it will be even slightly painful for them they'll lose interest.
>>
>>33968299
Then the moms should carry on their bodies and not in a fucking purse like a retard
>>
>>33970661
Hitting an unarmed guy with an asp is a good way to get in trouble for assault with a deadly weapon. particularly if you break bones or otherwise hospitalize them. Same catch 22 you end up with for using a knife for SD.

They're commonly ineffective, only work Okish for people who are unarmed, and are a great way to get yourself shot/stabbed.

At least with pepper spray if you use it you wont get charged after the fact in most places. Being sprayed in the eyes/face makes seeing and breathing difficult and can certainly give you an edge in a hand to hand encounter.
>>
>>33970834
Oh i left out something:

The best part about pepper spray is that you can spray it in somebodies face and then run away. Very hard to sprint after somebody for any kind of distance when you can barely see or breath
>>
>>33966410
see
>>33966719
About 15% of people are completely unaffected by pepper spray. Tazers can be made useless by simple bunches in a tshirt.

Guns are a force equalizer, especially if proper training is utilized.
>>
>>33968257
big for you or in general?
>>
>>33966410
>A man carrying pepper spray
>Not a bitch

Choose 1. Only 1.
>>
>>33967383
Democracy manifest
>>
>>33966719
Are you fucking retarded? A taser disables your body's ability to send impluses to your muscles, making it impossible to move. Its not pain compliance, its nerve compliance. Fuck stick.

>t. Someone who carries a taser on a day to day basis, and as such, have been through the necessary tasering to do so.
>>
>>33970714
Not that guy, but heres a list of things i ate that were spicer than normalfag pepper spray.
>habernero
>ghost pepper
>Carolina Reaper
>my mexican friend's mom's cooking
>>
>>33971274
>habanero
Around 350,000 – 580,000 SHU
>ghost pepper and Carolina Reaper
From 855,000 to 2,200,000 SHU
>pepper spray
2,000,000 and up, with Fox Labs rated at 5,700,000 and Vexor at 15,000,000.

So either you took some expired or purposefully weakened spray, or you're lying.
>>
>>33967696
Not impressed. Oleoresin capsicum is pretty much ground pepper particles in aqueous solution. We used to spray that stuff into our Monsters to give it more of a kick while standing 2200-0200 watch.
>>
>>33971167
Why tho?
>>
>>33968324
That's the escalation of force used by security and military guards. Good thing to have on your belt if it's next to an ASP, pair of handcuffs, and a Beretta 9mm with two magazines. Not good by itself though since you don't have anything stronger if OC doesn't work.
>>
>>33971250
I've seen multiple police body cams where tasers haven't stopped somebody due to their clothing or determination. Hell they even had a guy on fight science tear the probs out after being hit shirtless.

Tasers usually work, but sometimes they don't and sometimes they kill people.
>>
>>33968309
>rapist
>horny
Oh, we still got the people around who believe rape happens when men just get too horny to control themselves, huh?

Rape isn't about sex. It's about power.
>>
Here in my state, civilian deadly force is legal if it is used during the commission of a forcible felony. Robbery is a forcible felony. "Officer, he was robbing me." Many people here carry knives for defensive use instead of a gun. They'd rather not have the back of their skull cracked against pavement and die of a brain bleed. Check your state laws, they are online.
>>
I'd rather have it than not have it.
I call it nigger repellant.
>>
>>33967740
a collapsible baton (especially ASP brand, literally the worst brand of them all) is a fucking horrible choice for civilian self-defense, just talk to a cop who's actually used one on somebody.

the damn thing won't faze anyone if you hit them with the shaft and not the tip. If anything you'll likely bend the fucking ASP, especially with the garbage lightweight versions. Unlike a straight stick or a PR24, if someone gets inside your reach you're better off dropping the ASP because hitting them with the shaft has about as much effect as tickling them with a feather, that shit just doesn't hurt.

because of this, you basically need to be able to stand at full swinging distance and place your shots very accurately to have any effect. In a civilian self-defense context, by the time you realize you need to fight and draw your ASP, your assailant may be inside your range making the ASP completely useless.

Also the ASP lockup is shit and when they get worn out it's just friction holding them in the open position so it'll close up at shitty times (in a fight even).
>>
pepper spray is a valid layer of personal defense. it's not perfect by any means but it's like of like eyejab in a can.

if you can see a confrontation coming (eg: you are using your situational awareness and are picking up pre-assault indicators from someone shady) it can be accessed discreetly and palmed before shit goes down. if the fight kicks off as a complete surprise to you, you're not likely to get a chance to use it due to the difficulty of access from concealed carry (most people just carry theirs in a random pocket or a keychain)

pros:
relatively safe public perception

if you have to go somewhere you can't carry a gun it can give you a bit more range than you'd otherwise have.

if you get attacked by multiple unarmed people (think mob attack or a group of drunk assholes) it is less risky than having to go hands on against multiples.

still better than harsh words and empty hands for someone who is physically not strong or who has no real knowledge of fighting

downsides:
not great in a confined space (spray type versions can blow back into your own eyes or you may end up breathing some in)

difficulty of access when concealing
>>
>>33967372
Yes
>>
>>33968282
This is it's purpose in LE settings. Fuck up somebody whose attacking you/someone but that isn't armed. Get the fuck out or gain control. It's to give the user an advantage during fight or flight NOT to incapacitate somebody and make them harmless.

>>33968309
In prison it might have the opposite effect.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.