[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USSOCOM Wants Commie MG's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: PuffJihad.jpg (77KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
PuffJihad.jpg
77KB, 640x624px
So I came across this article

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/heres-why-us-special-forces-want-russian-machine-guns-20642

What do you guys think? Arming these groups with not only our own weapons, but now some US groups want to start producing domestic copies of Combloc weapons specifically for arming these groups? It sounds like it could be a terrible idea, but on the plus side

>Maybe we can finally get a well made American AK
>>
>>33965904
How could this go wrong?
>>
>>33965904
>SOCOM being making terrible decisions
Yeah this has never happened before.
You're not gonna get shit out of this OP.
>>
File: OsamaDinduNuffin.jpg (113KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
OsamaDinduNuffin.jpg
113KB, 800x534px
>>33965915
Arming radical Islamist groups has never ever backfired on the US so of course it's a good idea
>>
I am not even sure why they want to do this.

Just buy guns from Pakistan instead of making them in the US. It'd be a lot cheaper, and a lot harder to blowback on you.
>>
>>33965946
That was sarcasm
>>
File: Ak74l.jpg (106KB, 799x292px) Image search: [Google]
Ak74l.jpg
106KB, 799x292px
>>33965979
>If we're going to arm the people who will be shooting at US 10 years from now the least we can do is sell them the guns they'll do it with

Pottery
>>
>>33965904
From the standpoint that domestic production means having a go-to source for these weapons and that US made arms wouldn't fund arms merchants that would supply us today and our enemies tomorrow, it makes sense. Keeps our money local (within the U.S.).

The greatest issues I can see are that we will end up paying more and the supply chain is now extending from the US to wherever the fuck in the world, which doesn't sound like a big deal until you consider the logistical costs of moving several hundred tons of small arms and keeping them supplied with ammunition versus buying $100 kalashnikovs in whatever armpit of the world we're operating in.

The RPK is a good machine gun that provides a steady cone of fire in the target area. Having too accurate of fire defeats the purpose of area suppression. The problem with that machine gun being made here is that someone will try to "improve" it and turn it into a precision weapon. We will see that problem with a variety of weapons. Tightening tolerances and making them less reliable, things like that.
>>
>>33966078
The article does specifically state NSV and PKM's, but I do agree that they'll end up meddling with a design that already just werkz and probably fuck something up. Either way with the massive demands they have and the fact they aren't providing any info to these manufacturers it seems likely it won't really come to fruition.
>>
>>33966106
Hopefully you're right
>>
>>33966078

>Having too accurate of fire defeats the purpose of area suppression

you fucking wat m8
>>
>>33965904
US wouldn't be able to make a decent PKM. It's not Slav or drunk enough.
>>
>>33966078

Not sure what you're on about. The RPK is pretty damn accurate by machine gun standards.
>>
File: 1437791831578.gif (41KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1437791831578.gif
41KB, 500x398px
>>33966128
>You see Ivan
>Even you of not knowing where boolits go
>Neither will kebab

The slavs really are so advanced
>>
>>33966128
but in my videogames! I quit reading at that part
>>
>>33965904
>well made American AK

PSA AKs aren't that bad from what I'm hear.
>>
File: Jam-o-matic.jpg (32KB, 1024x301px) Image search: [Google]
Jam-o-matic.jpg
32KB, 1024x301px
>>33965904
Burgers can't even make good versions of the guns they already own.
>>
>>33966106
Why would they not just get Pecheneg and Kord? NSV and PKM is from the eighties and I'm pretty sure Russia sells new to anyone who asks. Are they just wanting them for OPFOR-type roles?
>>
>>33965904
Can just buy Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian or Chinese PKM clone without going through the hassles of manufacturing them by yourself.
>>
Forgot to post links:
http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/weapons-13
http://romarm.ro/en/product_category/infantry-weapons/
http://www.umcugir.ro/Cal.12,7x108mm%20Machine%20Gun.html
http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/military-program
>>
>USG Bids out contract
>small disadvantaged minority women owned business wins contract
>lol we've never made things before ;) lol wut?
>Insurgents get killed running us diversity hire junk.
>>
>>33966078
>The RPK is a good machine gun that provides a steady cone of fire in the target area. Having too accurate of fire defeats the purpose of area suppression. The problem with that machine gun being made here is that someone will try to "improve" it and turn it into a precision weapon. We will see that problem with a variety of weapons. Tightening tolerances and making them less reliable, things like that.
Fun fact: there is literally no suppression fire doctrine for infantry small arms in USSR/Russia. All infantry smalls arms fires is fire to target destruction. Suppression fires starts with 30mm AGS and above. COMBLOC DOCTRINES.
>>
>>33966078
+1 internet. It's be a while since I've read classy trolling.
>>
>>33965904
Holy shit, I fucking love how arrogant SOCOM is.

>Make us these foreign guns.
>We won't help you in any fashion.
>You are responsible for resource procurement, developing the tooling, and providing any other accessories necessary for the gun.
>You have to be able to start up and close down manufacturing at a moments notice.
>We also won't tell you how many we need until we need them, good luck trying to prepare ahead of time.
>>
>>33965904
>http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/heres-why-us-special-forces-want-russian-machine-guns-20642

the first thing that came to my mind was the NSV and that's what the article says they want

i support it, NSVs are fuckin badass its no wonder why SOCOM wants them
>>
>>33965994
complete with remote deactivation devices.

>muhamdancer is praising allah in the peaceful manner of islam
>intelweenies finally catch wind of his american engineered 5.45x39 hymns
>inshallah.exe
>detonate explosives hidden in grip
>pork sausage everywhere
>the /k/ube is pleased
>high fives and medals all around
>>
File: df5.jpg (35KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
df5.jpg
35KB, 600x600px
>>33966589

Nice meme.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.