[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I own a gun if I have Aspergers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1474558188632.png (308KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
1474558188632.png
308KB, 492x419px
Can I own a gun if I have Aspergers?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>33964807
/k/ owns guns, so yes
>>
>>33964852
But do you own guns?
>>
File: 1492468580446.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1492468580446.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Yes, and if anyone tells you no, you memorize this sentence to scream at them while flailing your 'sperg arms;
>SHALL
>NOT
>BE
>INFRINGED
>REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1488769836290.jpg (145KB, 670x424px) Image search: [Google]
1488769836290.jpg
145KB, 670x424px
that depends on if you are taking disability insurance and local laws. In ohio its confusing as people on disability cant own guns but I have known some who did have guns , so who knows

I was denied social security disability benefits and then I bought a gun
>>
Do you have a permit for those aspergers?
>>
>>33964807
Probably. Since Asperger's is a made up affliction to label people who are too lazy to foster common sense and discipline regarding observe personal boundaries, hygiene, and social mores.

>>33964852
Dude.... Nobody on /k/ has ever owned or even handled a firearm in real life. It's fucking /k/ on 4chan. The only time any of these keyboard warriors leave the basement is when the WiFi has to be reset.
>>
>>33964807
It really depends where on the spectrum you are. If you can pass in public, there shouldn't be a problem. If you've been institutionalized, or if you can't keep your power level to yourself, there may be issues.
>>
>>33964807
Of course. I have PTSD and own lots. California would call it an "arsenol".

Try to catch me riding dirty.
>>
>>33965683
You know, I think there is some truth to what you say. When I was a kid a psychiatrist said I had Aspergers. I admit I was a weird kid, but I knew that even back then. I avoided things like making eye contact, presenting myself in a clean manner, and socially acceptable behavior but I was well aware that I was supposed to do these things.
It wasn't until about my senior year in high school I took a good hard look at myself and reflected upon my life, where I'd been and where I was going, and I determined that this stupid game of autism was holding me back. So I changed myself. I developed discipline and responsibility, and while I still generally don't like social norms, it's easier to just suck it up so I can fit in with the rest of the world.

Moral of the story, they said I have aspergers and now I have a decent gun collection. Grow out of your autism and you wont have to ask a Vietnamese basket weaving forum about shit like this.
>>
>11.a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.

>b. Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could imprison you for more than one year?

>c. Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation?

>d. Are you a fugitive from justice?

>e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

>f. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage you own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

>g. Have you been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions?

>h. Are you subject to a court order restraining you from harassing, stalking, or threatening your child or an intimate partner or child of such partner’?

>i. Have you ever been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?

>j. Have you ever renounced your United States citizenship?

>k. Are you an alien illegally in the United States?

>l. Are you a nonimmigrant alien?
>>
>>33964807
Yes. I own guns and I'm a diagnosed 'sperg myself.
>>
>>33964807
Real talk, I was an mp and our platoon sergeant legit had aspergers. That means he carried a gun everyday for work and had a secret clearance. He was the weirdest fuck ever too.
>>
>>33964807
Aspergers is an outdated reference.

> t. Autistic anon.
>>
>>33964807
Can you? Yes. Should you? Thats the real question. Just dont fuck up ownership for the rest of us.
>>
>>33965913
Same.
>>
>>33965709
Asperger's isn't that kind of autism, guy is basically normal in every way except he has poor social skills, like a good way to spot someone with Asperger's would be someone who smelled (because they don't wash ever) and had difficulty keeping eye contact with you

So yes anon, you can own a firearm but you may be excluded from certain jobs, although much like ADHD you can "grow" out of it and have that reflected in your medical record.
>>
File: spectrum.jpg (28KB, 602x600px) Image search: [Google]
spectrum.jpg
28KB, 602x600px
>>33966024
shut up on get back on your spectrum.
>>
>>33967243
Some people are even less obvious than that. I have a friend with Asperger's and you probably wouldn't realize he had it if you met him. I knew him for years before I found out that he had it, and while it didn't come as a surprise it also wasn't something I would have guessed.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.