[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are bullpups a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 15

File: TAR21.jpg (67KB, 1200x486px) Image search: [Google]
TAR21.jpg
67KB, 1200x486px
Do they provide any actual advantage? Compact doesn't seem all that valuable when the length of standard rifles doesn't seem to be a problem.
>>
Of course, everything is a meme
>>
Unless you're a lefty without an ambi/configurable bullpup, they work fine for their purpose. That purpose being the ability to have a full-length barrel in a compact gun is nice. Some bullpups are better than others. Personally I love my RFB and my Tavor, and it's easier to sweep my house with an RFB than it is with my 16" AR or my 16" AK.

Bullpups rifles are fun and comfy, but like any gun you have to get familiar with the controls and get used to how it works. It's not a "no compromise" weapon system, it has its pros and cons just like any other gun, but being able to properly handle a bullpup will make you more efficient in using it for its intended purpose.

People usually gripe about "muh tac reloads" and "muh offset weight", but those are things you get used to. Usually the biggest complaint is either "muh lefty inaccessible" or "muh face too close to the boom room", but those aren't real issues with most modern bullpups.
>>
>>33963918
>"Mah reloads...."
https://youtu.be/sXvUtvC7nxs
>>
>>33963918
They have bad triggers and the trigger bar is way too long and that problem will never be solved.

There is no real reason for a bullpup. If you need CQB, there are better options. The barrel is long which is theoretically good for accuracy, but you've got no real site radius on the barrel so you need an optic if you want to be effective at distance.

It just doesn't really improve anything enough to justify its shortcomings
>>
The first time I saw one of those at a gun show (pre-4chan) I thought, "Why didn't someone think of this sooner" and "Why isn't every rifle like this?"
Years from now, maybe they will be.
>>
>>33963711
>>33963918

Expensive trash.
I don't see why anyone would use a bullpup over a AR15.
AR15s are lighter, cheaper, ambidextrous, adjustable for manlets and lanklets. Better trigger.
The only good bullpup is teh AUG and P90.
No modern army should use a bullpup as a standard rifle.
>>
>>33965879
They are fun and effective.
Rdb is ok
I'm getting an Aug with rmr for 1330$ tomorrow.
>>
>>33965879
>AUG
>>
File: YNV4G.gif (3MB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
YNV4G.gif
3MB, 600x255px
>>33965955
Shit forgot the gif
>>
>>33965925
>I'm getting an Aug with rmr for 1330$ tomorrow.
Shit that's a good deal
>>
>>33964072
Terminal effects, armor penetration, muzzle flash and report are why the barrel length/OAL ratio is important for CQB. Increase muzzle velocity doesn't always mean better accuracy anyway.

>inb4 new rounds work fine in a 14.5in
Yeah they do but they are less flexible in other areas to do that. Not having to account for that means its easier to design rounds for terminal ballistics or penetration or whatever you need.

Not that any of that matters when we're fighting goat herders in technicals and not actual armies. Cost and universality are more important.
>>
>>33966393
Do ISIS or Taliban ever where rifle plates?
>>
>>33963711
LOOK, I KNIW A GURKA DID IT ALREADY.

How do you best make a bayonet work on a Bullpup?

What could be done to reclaim a spear, or at least physical weapon more imposing than the safe knife (in a hand)?

tl;dr
How to make bayoneting with bullpups better?
>>
>>33966405
The ones the US deal with on a general basis? No.

ISIS? Maybe, usually ragtag and ineffective.
>>
>>33966405
Why would you prepare for fighting just ISIS and Talibans when Russians literally sent an army into mainland US force US citizens to elect false president just few months ago?
>>
>>33965879
New Zealand dropped their AUGs in favor of an AR variant.
>>
>>33965879

>Just signed up for the ADF.
>get to fire AUG all day long.
>>
File: aug balance.jpg (373KB, 1521x856px) Image search: [Google]
aug balance.jpg
373KB, 1521x856px
>>33963711
>>
>>33964072
>They have bad triggers and the trigger bar is way too long and that problem will never be solved.
my reasoning makes me think towards some sort of hydraulic system but then you'd have to go to the gun store to buy more trigger fluid every once in a while
>>
File: 1468253823256.png (304KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
1468253823256.png
304KB, 540x359px
>>33967713
>16" barrel
ruined
>>
>>33964072
>>33967723
The bad triggers are only an issue on the memeiest of bullpups like the F2000. All the most popular modern commercial bullpups have completely satisfactory triggers.
>>
File: EM2.jpg (400KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
EM2.jpg
400KB, 1024x768px
>>33964072
>If you need CQB, there are better options
>>33965879
>No modern army should use a bullpup as a standard rifle.
The problem is an army isn't going to carry two different rifles for both CQC and Open field.

The bull pup Allows excellent long range fire due to long barrel and rear balance of weight. they're comfortable to hold for long hours at the ready

At close range the short barrel, allows you to go round corners without lowering your weapon.

The only issue as stated is charging handle & ejected brass. I believe the solution would be a FAMAS/G36 style charging handle and an ejector to the bottom.

>>33966425
>How do you best make a bayonet work on a Bullpup?
reduce the surface area to the rear of the trigger. this would allow you to clasp it better like the stock of an m16 or m4

Anyone who doesn't like them is either an idiot who has never had to hold a weapon for days at a time or fought CQC then open field combat like afghanistan.
>>
>>33967904
>I believe the solution would be a FAMAS/G36 style charging handle

F1 or felin ?

>an ejector to the bottom.

You'll need an unconventional way to load a magazine.
>>
>>33966496
hi CNN
>>
Depending on how loosely you want to define the term meme, sure. Fucking haircuts are memes. Now I'm going to start calling every object a noun since I'm autistic like you.
>>
File: 15243726258-1ef426d3b0-k.jpg (347KB, 1200x655px) Image search: [Google]
15243726258-1ef426d3b0-k.jpg
347KB, 1200x655px
>>33967947
>You'll need an unconventional way to load a magazine.

Not necessarily.
>>
>>33967728
16 in barrel is best size for Aug, the whole point is that it's small.

Plus if this is your gun for reaching out and touching someone you lose, it's not real fucking NATO
>>
>>33963711
>the length of standard rifles doesn't seem to be a problem

Congrats on not being a manlet.
>>
>>33964072
>t. Guy who's never touched a bullpup
>>
>>33968199
You're giving up, at minimum, 25% distance at which your cartridge will remain reliably terminally effective. The whole point of bullpups is to make a small gun while retaining barrel length. You're ruining that when you give it a shorter barrel length for no reason.
>>
>>33968286
If it's something I plan on using at ranges under 200 meters, like the city I live in, it's perfectly effective, weights substantially less, points as well as my middle finger, etc.
If you want to smack someone at 300 meters use 308
>>
>>33968260
>He has never had a trigger job done on a rifle.

The triggers are digshit, they are also expensive for what they are.

Bullpup is a more expensive, heavier, harder to clean and maintain in the field, requires more armorers, less versatile AR15.

2k for a liability, or 700 for a practical weapon that is easier to train soldiers on and doesn't require left hand conversions.

But it is compact. Though adjustable stocks and folding stocks make that less of a issue.

Bullpups are not practical.
>>
Karl said the Tavor was a bitch to clean after their mud test.
>>
>>33965879

>I don't see why anyone would use a bullpup over a AR15.

That applies to any gun though due to the sheer size of the AR market.
>>
File: P_20170510_194548_1.jpg (1MB, 4096x2053px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170510_194548_1.jpg
1MB, 4096x2053px
Inexpensive, works well and enjoyable to shoot for long periods of time.

The ergonomics are trash though, as expected, but she has been easy to maintain and held up well to a lot of use.

Is it a meme? Probably yes in comparison to other more readily available and inexpensive options. I enjoy shooting it though and its a fun firearm to have in my collection.
>>
>>33968424
>expensive
>require left hand conversions.
>harder to clean and maintain in the field
None of these are intrinsic to the concept but do apply to whats currently on the market.

>heavier
Not for a given barrel length esp in non-carbine barrel lengths.

> less versatile
With the exception of sight radius and trigger pulls upsetting accuracy in precision roles and the benefits of the huge aftermarket around AR15s, what can't it do that an AR 15 can?
>>
>>33968415
We're not talking 300 meters here. Even 200 meters and in you have a significant advantage going from a 16 to 20.
>>
>>33968922
no
>>
File: 2017-03-20_09-44-19.png (213KB, 1892x790px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-20_09-44-19.png
213KB, 1892x790px
>>33969007
yes
>>
Given the 5.56's reliance on reaching a specific range of velocity in order to have good terminal ballistics, yes, they are useful. 5.56 was designed for a 20 inch barrel and it produces dogshit icepick wounds out of an 11" barrel
>>
>>33969056
Learn to read retard, you've proved yourself wrong.
>>
>>33969062
>M193 was designed for a 20" barrel
Fixed
M855, Mk262, Hornady TAP and SMK can do just fine out of any length.
>>
>>33969085
Except I didn't.
>>
>>33963711

Advantages
>Long barrel despite shorter oal
>Balance point is closer to the shooter so it's faster to bring it up to your shoulder from the low ready

Disadvantages
>Shitty trigger pull
>Can't reload a clipazine as fast
>On the Tavor specifically you can accidentally hit the mag release with your firing hand (source inrange tv)
>Can't shoot it left handed without A) taking the gun apart and moving the ejector/bolt to the other side B) if it's a tavor you have to send it to an armorer to get it converted to left handed (source small arm solutions)
>55,000 psi on your cheek
>>
>>33969142
>Can't reload a clipazine as fast
Nah just takes getting used to.

>On the Tavor specifically you can accidentally hit the mag release with your firing hand (source inrange tv)
New Tavor fixed that (also covered by inrange)

>Can't shoot it left handed without A) taking the gun apart and moving the ejector/bolt to the other side B) if it's a tavor you have to send it to an armorer to get it converted to left handed (source small arm solutions)

Depends on the bullpup - some eject forward or down. Others don't need to be disassembled to change ejection direction.
>>
>>33966393
>Yeah they do but they are less flexible in other areas to do that.

Such as?

Besides, at 30ft, even a 10.5"-er shooting M193 is plenty effective. And M193 is shit.
>>
>>33967904
>The bull pup Allows excellent long range fire due to long barrel

Mk262 or Mk318 out of a 14.5" barrel works just fine for practical distances.

>rear balance of weight. they're comfortable to hold for long hours at the ready

A meme for manlets.

>At close range the short barrel, allows you to go round corners without lowering your weapon.

Bullshit. Anyone that's ever done, hell, even SEEN people pie a corner or ever tried it in their house knows it's no problem even with 16" AR's. Besides, if you're only using it for HD, a bullpup is even more retarded since you can just as easily get a shorter AR with defensive ammo or use .300 Memeout in a 5" barrel w/suppressor that's more effective than any bullpup I'm currently aware of. Hell, at that point, it'd probably be fine enough to have a PCC or the like in .45 with a can.

>inb4 muh tax stamp

There's a reason so many nations are ditching their memepups for AR-style weapons or have AR's supplementing them in the first place and why AR's have been around for 70 years and don't seem to be going anywhere soon. Bullpups are literal shit, and again, that's coming from someone who thinks they're neat.

The only bullpups that make actual sense to me are the P90 (capacity + size) and the KSG (Again, capacity + size) since their designs lend themselves well to tangible benefits and not made-up bullshit.

Maybe I'll change my mind if the MDR ever releases and is any good, or if we get something like the absolutely tiny JS9 or whatever from China, but until then, memepups are nothing more than curiosities. My AUG and RDB are fine and all, but I still prefer AR's, even AK's to them nearly every time.
>>
File: Atrax.webm (814KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Atrax.webm
814KB, 854x480px
No
>>
>>33969142
>Long barrel despite shorter oal

Objectively not as useful as it once was with modern ammunition.

>Balance point is closer to the shooter so it's faster to bring it up to your shoulder from the low ready

A meme that rarely makes a difference or is important, if true at all. In my experience longer AR's point much better and come up plenty fast whereas with bullpups, people I've watched at matches tend to swing past their targets when transitioning, among other things. There's a reason hardly anyone that's not paid to runs bullpups at 2 and 3gun matches.
>>
>>33970501

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJqLJovUwE
>>
>>33970501
>>33970512

What is the point of this? When are you EVER going to need to fire one-handed like that? It's such a rare thing that touting that as somehow a good thing seems retarded.
>>
>>33963711
Do you ride armored vehicle?
[Y/N]
Do you need SMG length gun with assault rifle range?
[Y/N]
Are you ready to deal with heavier trigger and slightly worse ergos?
[Y/N]

If you answer "yes" to at least 2 of the above then bullpup is not a meme( for you).

>>33963918
>it has its pros and cons just like any other gun
this really, no one complains that conventional rifle has shit barrel to overall length ratio
>>
>>33969106
No. The 5.56 is, by design a lightweight and fast bullet, which don't perform well out of short barrels (and by short I mean shorter than 16)
>>
>>33970507

The actual advantage I find is that it makes it less tiring to keep shouldered over extended periods, since your arms don't need to hold most of the weight.
>>
>>33970553
it's a demonstration of its balance and controllability, of fucking course they don't expect you to be mag dumping on full retard with one arm on a regular basis you fucking idiot
>>
>>33967490
So they bought three AR's then?
>>
>>33963711
Solution for non-existent problem, more expensive for few benefits
>>
>>33964083
nope
>>
>>33964083
There's just not enough incentive for it. The velocity advantage is real, but not tangible or noticeable in combat scenarios, not enough to justify the price of phasing out the AR platform. The bullpup design is not the next step in firearms innovation; caseless ammunition is, and we're nowhere near standardizing that yet
>>
If I wanted to get a bullpup what would be objectively the best one (or ones, if there are multiple good options) to get?
>>
>>33973096
Steyr AUG

Tavors are hit or miss and the rest suck
>>
>>33970404
Reading comprehension dude, he literally mentioned ways in that post.

AP rounds out of short barrels are mediocre. And if you want to improve armor penetration without sacrificing terminal ballistics as much you need a heavier bullet that still going fast. Even M855A1 which was tailored for the M4 performs better out of an M16.

Or do you think you make no performance sacrifices by using a short barrel?
>>
File: J RDB SP01 1.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
J RDB SP01 1.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>33973096
>>
>>33973096
The Keltec RDB is what you want. They're the most modern aftermarket supported bullpup and everyone who has one generally loves it.
>>
>>33973728
Can confirm. Its not perfect, needs some tweaking, and probably isnt the most durable(although I havent tested the durability), but its fun as fuck, and amazingly balanced.
>>
File: 1461867099195.png (481KB, 4320x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1461867099195.png
481KB, 4320x2880px
>>33963711

I'd sure love a SAR-21 for sentimental reasons, even though I hear they're heavy bitches.
>>
>>33970858
Add
Do you need to be able to fire offside like you do in most urban combat?
[Y/N]
Do you need to fire prone?
[Y/N]
(Some bullpups cannot effectively be used prone)

My bullpup is a great truck gun. I really have to watch it's ejection though.
>>
I think it's telling most militaries are moving away from them.

I think they might still hold some use for prepper-types, since it would sure be nice to have a rifle that isn't useless at medium-range while also being good in CQB.
>>
>>33973155
>Steyr AUG
>Tavors are hit or miss and the rest suck

AUGs are the worst bullpup. I prefer my Tavors, FS2000, PS90 or even my KSG. You should stop posting in bullpup threads.
>>
>>33976706
>I think it's telling most militaries are moving away from them.

It is quite literally because the US is selling ARs for peanuts. Couple that with the copious amount of documentation the US will provide to anyone who asks on how to maintain proper logistics, manual of arms, and maintenance; you'd be dumb or former Soviet bloc not to buy them.
>>
>>33976791
That doesn't explain the AR variants that are getting adopted, like HK416, I don't think the US is selling those.
>>
>>33974665
They are heavy bitches, about a kg heavier than an AR, but they're impossible to miss with. 3/4 got marksman in my unit even though we're all glasses wearing nerds.

Also shorter length is not a meme when you're working with equipment. Slung ARs invariably get caught up with guide ropes and radio equipment, never had that problem with bullpups because length.

t. C4I spec
>>
>>33963711
Got me a few from RFB to AUG to x95 to Lynx and so on.
I think bullpups are a fun concept. One I'm interested in seeing the future of. But as it sits I've yet to be truly impressed with any of them. I don't clear hallways for a living so what do I know, but the size advantage doesn't seem to outweigh some of the inherent issues of bullpups.

So are they a meme? Naw. Do they need some work on a fundamental level? Ye.
>>
>>33964083
Actually most big militaries that use them (French, Chinese) are dropping them and going back to a regular rifle. New Zealand too I think.
>>
>Muh shit trigger

Speaking from a civilian standpoint, yes. But from a military standpoint they're no worse than other military rifle triggers.
>>
>>33974818
this are more rifle specific
>>
>>33968424
>More expensive, heavier, harder to clean in the field, require more armorer's

The only thing accurate in this whole ar shilling 'justify my lust for gucci' post is more expensive, and that's solely due to the sheer size of the ar market.

I can strip my Aug down including the gas system in two minutes or less and clean in 5 if I take my time.

Trigger is the only valid argument I've ever heard against the Aug and when you consider 1) average use and 2) average trigger of any ar15 I've ever used, most with some form of trigger job the difference is noticeable but ultimately inconsequential because they will always be sub par for anything over 100-200 yards. There are better told for that job and again, the difference is negligible. Never missed a shot because my trigger pull was a pound or two more than the tacticool fag's ar airing next to me
>>
>>33973096
Aug. Been around the longest for a reason
>>
>>33976773
Bad bait
>>
>>33963711
>mfw I was trained to shoot on the L85 and find conventional rifles awkward and annoying to reload

How do you balance the weight to keep the muzzle from flopping downwards? could never get the hang of it
>>
File: mg_gove_water_comp.png (2MB, 1200x686px) Image search: [Google]
mg_gove_water_comp.png
2MB, 1200x686px
>>33978466
Forgot my face
>>
>>33963711
No the FAMAS RICK
>>
>>33976860
The rifle isn't the expensive part when a country adopts a new rifle. You will spend many times over that cost developing training and a logistics, which are already done and available for AR variants.
>>
>>33978449
It wasn't bait, nogunz.
>>
>>33978466
You stop being a limp wrist faggot.
>>
>>33978485
Politicians confirmed for space lizards.
>>
>>33973369

You seem to have a problem understanding that anything "lost" by the shorter barrel is minuscule overall when using modern ammo.

Sure, Mk318 or M855A1 will be "better" out of a 20"-er, but not so much so to as say it's some MAJOR advantage or whatever over a 14.5"-er.

But hell, what do I know? It's not as if the entire US military, plus practically every other NATO country uses sub-20" barrels regularly, oftentimes using AR-style platforms when they issue bullpups normally, or anything like that, so I guess 20" is indispensable, right?
>>
>>33976791

That still doesn't contest bullpups being shit. If the bullpups were so great and indispensable, these countries dropping them would be wanting new bullpups. You can't tell me an HK brand HK416 is cheaper than that shitty VHS or whatever bullpup that was in the French trials, for example.

Bullpups are a meme, get over it. You can try and asspull reasons to try and say they're relevant but in the end, nothing they do will an AR do worse at.

>Muh truck gun!
An AR works just fine, at least for me. What kind of piece of shit do you drive that you can't easily fit and maneuver an AR around in?

>Muh grenade launcher/center of balance
Most people carry the GL separate and the balance thing is so unbelievably niche, if true at all, that it literally doesn't matter. Or are you going to tell me all these years countries have been using "traditional" rifles and carbines, "balance" was some huge thing? No, it fucking wasn't, and still isn't. There's more than one way to balance something as well.

>M-Muh APC?
I can tell none of you have ever been in an APC or really ever seen an APC, there's plenty of room, they've used longarms inside them for decades with no issues, it's just a shitty talking point made up by asspained memepupsfags. Don't even get me started on "shooting out of the vehicle". Firstly, you don't fire from the inside of an APC when people are disembarking until you're out of the vehicle, secondly, no-one shoots out of HMMWV's that I know of, it's simply not in the doctrine, if even possible with the up-armored vehicles. Besides, they got ride of firing ports on APC's for a reason. They're fucking useless.

Memepups are on their way out, fucking deal with it and get used to it. Perhaps in the future when you can iron out more of their problems, or are using caseless/telescoping ammunition, then MAYBE bullpups will be practical, but by all measures I can tell, or other militaries can tell, bullpups are second-class weapons.
>>
>>33979132
Sorry but you are wrong. The M4 is seen as weak and anemic. It can barely kill mohummed at range. The AUG and other bullpups are more powerful, stronger manstoppers, because their barrels synergise with 5.56mm to unlock its full potential. There is no special ammo being used that fixes the m4.
>>
>>33979502
cuck
>>
>>33964072
>There is no real reason for a bullpup. If you need CQB, there are better options

P90 is bullpup.
>>
>>33979195
Yeah it's called business. HK owns everyone and their guns are in fact cheaper. Accept this. Those countries will be switching back to bullpups in the future. You are the one who must accept this. Just get over it and realise the truth.
>>
>>33979529
cuck
>>
>>33979502
>There is no special ammo being used that fixes the m4

That doesn't seem to be the opinion of the DOD and others. The only one in the wrong here is you.

>>33979529

Keep asspulling. Unless you have proof, shut the fuck up. Your raifus are shit and you need to accept that. Bullpups are memes.

You're right though, we will see what they adopt in the future. As I said, if they do go the bullpup route, so be it, if it's demonstrably better, I'd have no reason to complain, I'm not emotionally attached to inanimate objects like you seem to be. I'm not afraid of being wrong either, like again, you seem to be, but everything I am seeing lately really points to AR-style weapons being the weapons most everyone uses for the (currently) foreseeable future.
>>
>>33963711
Yes.
>>
File: SA80A3-right-1.jpg (65KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
SA80A3-right-1.jpg
65KB, 750x500px
I don't think there's an AR platform that's quite as ugly as the L85a3

The very definition of frankenrifle, the britbongs really outdid themselves
>>
>>33967490
because they're half the price of the new augs, that's all that matters to nz
>>
>>33979874

The way he's holding that looks uncomfortable as fuck.
>>
>>33979903

>Muh cost!!!???!!

I'm sure you've got sources to back that up, right?

Just admit bullpups aren't all they're made out to be by memepupfags like yourself.

If they were so amazingly better in every possible way, they'd have still went bullpup, trying to negotiate cost (assuming what you said is true) or at least paid a little more. That, or they figured the AR is a great weapon AND they can get it cheaper (supposedly). You literally have no arguments, just admit bullpups are shit already, you'll feel a lot better, trust me.

Keep clinging to your, so far, unsubstantiated "cost" argument (which isn't even a bad thing in and of itself), your tears are delicious.
>>
>>33979874
that actually looks pretty cool
>>
>>33979874

>Keymod

Ya dun goof'd

I assume those handguards are replaceable though, so I guess it's k. They can move onto superior MLOK.
>>
>>33979763

So why isn't nato these supposedly superior rounds? Why are they using weak little sister 5.56mm loads? It's obvious. There is no magical loading that will fix 5.56mm out of a 14.5 inch barrel.
>>
>>33965879
>>33979195

>>I don't see why anyone would use a bullpup over a AR15.
>>An AR works just fine

We really need a new name for AR15 Fudds. T-ar-ds, maybe?
>>
>>33979936
Why are you so delusional? Why can't you accept the truth and see that bullpups are superior weapons platforms?
>>
>>33979937
it looks like they've taped two rifles together
>>
>>33979972
>>33979987
KEK! Hildawg fans are so delusional, just go back to your cucksheds and stop embarrassing yourselves so much.
>>
>>33979997
nah
>>
>>33979967

Two things you absolute moron.

1) They do. For example, the British started issuing the L31A1 round which is practically the same as M855A1

2) They have a higher percentage of longer barrels anyways, so they don't have as much reason to spend the money in upgrading their ammunition. That doesn't mean it's superior in any way, especially by your logic of "but hurr durr, they'd be more effective out of longer barrels still!" (they should still be using it then, shouldn't they? Oh wait, they are!), so get fucked you absolute trash.

Wait, I just thought of a third thing:

Why, if shorter barrels are so bad and bullpups are so great, do many countries have short-barreled versions of their bullpups? It's almost as if you're a fucking moron who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about!

>>33979972

>No argument so resorts to ad hominem

Poor showing desu senpai.
>>
>>33979987

Why are you so delusional? Why can't you accept the truth and see that "traditional" rifles and carbines are superior weapons platforms?

You still haven't refuted any of my statements. If they're so superior, why are countries dropping them left and right? Why has every attempt at replacing them ended up not including bullpups and/or not ending up getting replaced in the first place?

Cry harder faggot.
>>
File: bae_systems_l31a1_556mm_diagram.jpg (104KB, 648x233px) Image search: [Google]
bae_systems_l31a1_556mm_diagram.jpg
104KB, 648x233px
>>33980020
>1) They do. For example, the British started issuing the L31A1 round which is practically the same as M855A1
You what m8? L31A1 is full steel core that has zero fragmentation and therefore zero effective range.
>>
>>33980144

You're right, my mistake. The source I was reading compared it to M855A1 for some reason and I took it as it being constructed similarly.
>>
>>33980144
>>33980183

Europeans get pissy about OTM rounds anyways (muh treaties!!!), so it figures they'd try and stick with "normal" rounds like morons, though their SF apparently use American rounds because, at least as far as I've heard, there's some sort of "loophole" where counter-terrorism falls under "police action" or something, making it a non-war use.

What is the point of those treaties anyways? Why willingly constrict yourself in a war? Give everyone some TAP or whatever and tell the goatfuckers to suck it.
>>
High speed low drag

>inb4 he bought a bullpup from a knife company
>>
>>33973096
SA80
>>
>>33980363

That finger groove/rest thing (I don't know the name, sue me) ever get in the way?
>>
>>33980391
No, but the standard AUG style charging handle sure did (not compatible with traditional scopes)
>>
>>33980277
>What is the point of those treaties anyways?
It makes you (politic) feel good, smug and superior.
>>
>>33971225
The rate of fire is significantly different.
>>
>>33980422

>AUG style charging handle sure did (not compatible with traditional scopes)

One of the reasons I dislike the SCAR. Doesn't seem very well thought-out in my opinion.
>>
>>33963711
>Do they provide any actual advantage?
With modern propellants and bullets, yes there is still some advantage to added barrel length.

Is the advantage worth the different battery of arms and going against biomechanics?
Probably not. Maybe, if it's a battle rifle or larger.

>Compact doesn't seem all that valuable
That's where you're wrong. There is a reason why carbines exist.

>the length of standard rifles
36-40 inches.
>>
>>33979132
An NATO countries also aren't facing modern armies with body armor are they?

Fucking read. There are sacrifices that are made to use a short barrel length. But they're not relevant enough to be worth the cost when fighting shoddily equipped insurgents.
>>
>>33980034
American troops are facing severe overmatch from 7.62r in the middle east and are going up a calibr in their next rifle because they lack range from 5.56mm. Checkmate.

Everyone else is just getting what america has, which is the m4 at the moment. Tomorrow it will be something like a SCAR firing 6.5mm telescoped polymer casings.

THAT, is called a solution to a problem. Therefore there is a problem. Therefore everyone will switch back to bullpups.
>>
>>33970473
>There's a reason so many nations are ditching their memepups for AR-style weapons or have AR's supplementing them in the first place and why AR's have been around for 70 years and don't seem to be going anywhere soon. Bullpups are literal shit, and again, that's coming from someone who thinks they're neat.

>implying bullpup rifles are not being pushed out by companies that produce ARs lobbying governments and using shills to convince the general populous that wasting shitloads of money on adopting a shit gun that's only good for shooting goatfuckers is a good idea
>>
>>33973073
>The bullpup design is not the next step in firearms innovation
>caseless ammunition is

>implying caseless, electronically fired bullpups are not the future
-No case ejection problems
-No shitty trigger because it's electronic
-Still has all the other benefits of bullpups
How anyone can claim caseless electronically fired bullpups are not the future is beyond me.
>>
>>33968430
Well, they freaking sunk the whole thing in mud, which is literally not going to happen in an actual battle nowadays unless the soldier is somehow transported back in time to WW1 or gets buried in a landslide.
>>
>>33983445
I really enjoy the fact that some idiots think that with a bigger caliber somehow the average soldier will be shooting back at Taliban with accuracy at 800 yards.

Yeah, the PKM on a tripod outranges a rifle. No shit. You respond by calling mortars on it or M240s on tripods. A standard issue rifle simply will not be better at range than a medium machine gun. But, good luck clearing a room with an M240.
>>
>>33967728
Since it's an AUG, can't he just change out barrels in a snap?
>>
>>33982961

Except the M855A1 works just fine against armor out of shorter barrels? How about you "fucking read"?

>>33983445

>American troops are facing severe overmatch from 7.62r in the middle east and are going up a calibr in their next rifle because they lack range from 5.56mm. Checkmate.

And this addresses bullpups being superior, how? They're not getting longer barrels, as you said, they're going up in caliber, even the UK is doing that with their new DMR's even though they have the """superior""" memepups. "Checkmate", faggot.

>>33984519

>"Muh costs", "Muh manufacturers"!

You keep bringing this up but haven't addressed the points that've been leveled against it and using nothing but ad hominem and your own feefees. Get fucked you insufferable faggot. If bullpups were so superior and indispensable they would've chosen them, but they didn't, so get fucked.

I love seeing memepupfags getting this assmad when their worldview is shattered and their forced to face the reality of bullpups being shit. Maybe I should post those TFB articles about bullpups being shit to trigger you all even more?

Loving Every Laugh my dudes.
>>
>>33984557
>caseless electronically fired bullpups

Anon pls, my dick can only get so hard
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.