[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blocks your path. Do wings belongs in the past?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Blocks your path.

Do wings belongs in the past?
>>
>>33963661
No
>>
Hybrid cyclogiros with Thom rotor harness the magnus effect to produce virtual wings capable of altering their form with the push of a button, giving 3d thrust vectoring to aircrafts, and the hability to fly backwards for the cost of more fuel and maintainance. Micro uav would also benefits from it's higher lift a given wingspan
>>
File: manic baroque.png (290KB, 606x478px) Image search: [Google]
manic baroque.png
290KB, 606x478px
In the future, all rotorcraft will utilize the magnus effect, and all threads on 4chan will start with "blocks your path".

manic's face when.
>>
>>33963661
wtf is this a flying combine harvester ?
>>
>>33964194
well i've got a brand new combine harvester and i'll give you the key
>>
>inb4 your motors fail and you fall to the ground because you can't glide

sux to suck
>>
>>33964266
Just set rotors in autorotation to glide
>>
>>33964309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV_PzRb1pLk
>>
>>33963661

Obviously not as that thing has 14 of them.
>>
>>33964194
Explained in www.rotorflugzeug.de

https://www.google.com.br/url?q=http://www.rotorflugzeug.de/mediapool/87/871936/data/2009_Seifert_DLRK_HybridRotor.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiFjfjp7PDTAhXPzRoKHQpMDk4QFggNMAA&sig2=Uv_RAR_tRzZuj6kSWNj7xw&usg=AFQjCNHBO6kEvnL1t9Cr2Ba2-8owv9vy4g
>>
>>33963661
Come at me, my son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acXvl-8xrBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmvHfIAszo
>>
>>33964246
fuck I love that song
>>
>>33963661
>Do wings belongs in the past?

Last I remember, most people don't want their entire wing to be a giant spinning thing of doom, compared to a jet which only has two to eight compact spinning things of doom.

Seriously, how bad is drag coefficient on that thing?
>>
>>33965070

between Cd=1,8 to CD=0,6 with lift coeficient Cl=3,2 to Cl=7,3
>>
>>33963661
Holy shit can you imagine the gyroscopic effects?

A radial engine messed with the roll rate on planes, imagine what the amount of mass would do.
>>
>>33964912

The guy who built this was a Congressman
>>
>>33966231
>A radial engine messed with the roll rate on planes

Rotary engines did

>imagine what the amount of mass would do.

Mass being key
>>
>>33966356
>Rotary engines
Urgh yes, thats what I meant. Just typed the wrong one

>Mass being key
Not sure what you meant by this though. That was kinda my point.
>>
>>33966422

the greater the mass the greater the effect will be

Things like props create a gyroscopic effect too, but given that their mass is generally a pretty low percentage of the total aircraft weight, its not much of a deal.

With flettners you dont want to have them heavy anyway since its mass that has to be rotated by the engine.
>>
>>33966442
Yeah but it still needs to structurally sound. The weight of the fuselage is still being supported by the drums. There's a limit to how much you can shave weight there and still be sound.
>>
>>33963661
> Do wings belongs in the past?
> What is supersonic flight?

Of course not, retard.
>>
>>33966476

thankfully a cylinder is a very efficient shape

As a bonus its going to be large in diameter too
>>
>>33966491
Which means more weight.

What are you trying to say?
>>
>>33966505
>Which means more weight.

not if its monocoque
>>
>>33966511
>monocoque
You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

The lifting surface has to be proportional to weight it is lifting. It either spins faster, which means increased gyroscopic effects, or it gets a larger lifting surface which means heavier which means increased gyroscopic effects
>>
>>33966530
It's not proporcional because the lift coeficient increses at higher rpm so lift increses exponemtialy while the giroscopic effect increases linearly with speed.
>>
>>33966843
1) What does that have to do an integral shell and chassis

2) That still doesn't avoid the fact that the lifting surfaces need to be sturdy enough to support the entire weight of the plane as a static load AT minimum. In reality much more.

3) Citation fucking needed on exponential lift. Flettners use the Magnus effect, and the Kutta–Joukowski lift is proportional to angular velocity of the cylinder.

4) Dude spelling.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.