[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gander Mtn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: banner-home-05[1].jpg (61KB, 630x323px) Image search: [Google]
banner-home-05[1].jpg
61KB, 630x323px
went to my local one to see if anything was worth getting.

even with the going out of business discount. everything was still horribly overpriced compared to online.

they wanted 80 cents per round for makarov hollow points made by hornady. when it is 60 per online.
>>
>>33962781
I feel bad for the people who will be out of jobs, but the death of the company is really no loss for the rest of us.
>>
>>33962803
they were still trying to sell .40short&weak MP Shields for $450.

like a year ago they had 60 m1 carbines that were milsurp. I wonder what happened to them.
>>
>>33962781
I was just caught wind of this after I found out that Gander Mountain is the only place near me that sells 5.11 gear.

I'm dead broke right now but if I had $10k to drop I'd be buying a lot of the marked down firearms to resell later. It's just the economical thing to do.
>>
>>33962803
I never got a pic of the used M&P .40 with an Apex trigger they were selling for $1,000. I do get to laugh at the thought that someone bought it.
>>
>>33962781
About the only guns worth buying from them would be whatever used inventory they have. New firearm prices are pretty much set for what they can be sold for, where as used guns can be discounted much lower. I picked up a decent cz83 in .380 for $237 from my local Gander thus weekend, most places sell them for $300+
>>
File: IMG_2913.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2913.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>same place also had an 800 unconverted saiga .223
>>
The Gander Mountain closest to me just renovated, too.
>>
How bad is Cabela's pricing by comparison
Because that's the only big chain store around me, all the grander mountains have already closed and I've never been to one.
>gen 4 glocks for $650 before tax and what not
>>
>>33962822
you wouldn't make a dime. they're markdown prices are basically regular retail price anywhere else.

i bought a north face backpack because i felt kinda bad for them.
>>
>>33962973
the cabela's by me tends to have the best prices on new guns out of all the brick and mortars in my area (which isn't saying much). the prices tend to be equal to or less than an equivalent item on places like buds after you consider the ffl transfer.
for example got an anderson lower last october for $49.99 at the same time people on various forums were clamoring over those prices for lowers that didn't include shipping or transfer costs
>>
>>33962973
not too bad. dicks actually has some legit sales on long guns.
>>
>>33962822
>>33963034
this. there's a reason they're going out of business.
I almost bought a northface backpack there too, but after checking online I saw that their markdown price was still about $35 higher than amazon lol
>>
>>33962973
usually right on MSRP, and since it's a big box store, no haggling. you might get lucky in their gun library and find a nice used gun or milsurp
>>
>>33962940
>$300 for a hi-point
>you chose this fate
I'm sure during the panic they could get away with this, but now that it's over, they didn't want to stop gorging themselves at the trough.
>>
File: 1482507845699.gif (1MB, 288x314px) Image search: [Google]
1482507845699.gif
1MB, 288x314px
Every time someone posts about gander mountain all I can think of is this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh8Lo_V-Sls
>>
>>33963552
>turn on captions
>ghetto mountain
still accurate
>>
File: ff245.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ff245.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>>33962803
>tfw Heym won't make you a USP
>>
>>33962781

Went to check last week myself.

Clothing was honestly discounted and I found a couple of things for really good prices.

Used firearms were marked down to about market price, but a few were lower and worth buying if you were in the market for that particular gun.

Otherwise....nothing.
>>
>>33964458
they can sell most of their inventory back to the distributor
>>
>>33964458

any ghille suits left?
>>
I plan to go bext week and see if any safes are discounted
>>
>>33963073

I gave up on Dicks after Sandy Hook. They just threw AR-15 owners under the bus. Plus the only Dicks near me has overpriced ammo, like really overpriced.
>>
>>33962781
Do they take in enough used guns to warrant taking a look?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.