[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/, I was wondering what should I get for my first gun ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Hi /k/, I was wondering what should I get for my first gun ever? Not just a first of one type, but first of any type, make or model. I say this because I live in commiefornia and attend college and so I will have a hard time negotiating with my parents to let me store a gun at their house until I get an apartment or a house. As such, I will most likely only own this one gun for a while. The main purpose of this will be recreation, and with my current financial situation money is not an option, but it will be easier to justify this purchase to my parents if it is relatively inexpensive or is a good deal.

What I wish to know:
>What is better for a first gun for recreation: rifle or pistol, or something else
>Of that category chosen, which is the best for a beginning shooter that is relatively inexpensive
>Finally, which gun is easiest to maintain/needs little time.

Thanks so much /k/ommandos I appreciate any advice
>>
.22LR bolt action or semi auto rifle.

Also, why the fuck are you going to school in that horrible place. You are an adult now, you can live wherever you want. If you had two brain cells to rub together you would be out of there as soon as you had the chance.
>>
>>33960325
Ruger 10/22 takedown model

very easy to shoot, clean and hide (for reasons that should be very obvious)

It's also a lot of fun to shoot with 25 rounders

>tfw 25rd mags were recently banned here in Canada
>>
>>33960367
I would have but I did not get into any of my out of state choices. To me, academics was a priority due to my interest in business, and specifically in my field of interest investment banking, recruiters are discriminatory on which college you go to so the better academic ranking the better. Also, I am basically going for free as I got a nice scholarship so I really could not turn down the financial deal to pay more for a lesser ranked school. It really is unfortunate, but the only schools that really beat my current school in my major are the Ivy Leagues, which I did not get into.
>>
>>33960390
>>33960367
Also I see the best answer here is .22LR. Thanks so much. However I have also gotten some suggestions from my gun owning friends (albeit with out experience in owning multiple firearms) that a milsurp bolt action is a great first choice as they are cheap along with the ammo, and while they are unreliable they are fun and if something happens they are easy to replace. Any thoughts?
>>
>>33960325
AR-15. it's the most fun you will have with any gun platform, period. you can buy it with a drivers license. and, you can justify it to your parents because 'murrica.

>>33960367
>>33960390
stop this. i'm pretty sure OP is not 12.
>>
>>33960459
Most milsurp rifles are not unreliable at all, even the ones in terrible shape. It's another good choice, but not ideal for learning to shoot.

Also, the advantage with the takedown model I mentioned is that you could fit it in a backpack, no need to store it at your parent's house as long as you're discreet
>>
>>33960472
>.22 is for children

Fuck off with your memes, tripfag.
>>
>>33960459
i'm convinced there is a bot on here shilling 10/22's and mosins at this point.
>>
File: 9d7J0Qa.jpg (49KB, 477x599px) Image search: [Google]
9d7J0Qa.jpg
49KB, 477x599px
>>33960402
Oh man... I remember when I was young and used to think this shit was important.

Have at it OP. Hopefully you see the rat race for what it is before you are too old and too jaded to have fun.

>>33960472
>stop this. i'm pretty sure OP is not 12.
I started out with 7.62x43, then went to 5.56 then went to .22LR... geee I wonder why.
>>
>>33960499
Good to know, thanks. It would be easier not to deal with them at all, I just worry that I would get caught one day and get in serious trouble. Thats why my parents are involved in this at all. However I will consider it. Thanks!
>>
>>33960530
haha no just a inexperienced first-timer. I appreciate the advice on the AR-15. I really like how modular it is and they are pretty easy to obtain. I have shot 5.56 and 7.62 before so you are correct I can handle more, its just about what is reasonable to own. I will take the AR into consideration though. Thanks!
>>
>>33960534
>7.62x43

are you unironically 60+ years old?
>>
>>33960605
I'm 21 I assure you, I meant to type 7.62x54
>>
>>33960534
Thanks for the advice. However, I feel like I am in a position to actually achieve the dream and not feel as if it were a rat race. Granted, that may be youthful optimism and naivete, but the starting salary out of my school for my major is 80/85K up to 100k if you go to the right firm, so I feel at that starting point whats to lose. But I respect your experience and will definitely keep it in mind.
>>
>>33960619
oh right, meanwhile I thought you were referring to 7.62x45
>>
>>33960534
then went to .22LR... geee I wonder why.

because you lost your job??
>>
>>33960633
Because I was going to the range so often and burning through so much ammo that $0.10 a round actually made a significant difference
>>
>>33960367
For all of California's flaws, if you are planning on getting the best possible higher education, California is your best choice.
>>
>>33960681
exactly
>>
I am in a similar situation OP. I just store my guns at my pro-gun girlfriend's parents' house. Problem solved. Just become hasgf
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.