[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plate Carriers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: PC.jpg (183KB, 577x750px) Image search: [Google]
PC.jpg
183KB, 577x750px
Thread says it all.

My question though is what plate carrier is probably the quickest to put on in the event of a home invasion if such a thing exists? If not what would be the best for just general SHTF/Protecting your home in the event of a chimpout?

(Thread killed to make this one was a Canada Thread)
>>
>h-hold on burgular-kun, let me get my plate carrier on.

have you even been to real life?
>>
>>33959652
> if such a thing exists?

I see you didn't read that bit.
>>
>>33959652
Yea, you know, because if somebody tries to burgle your house they'll magically know that you're home and where you are. From there they're just one measly teleport away from being at bad breath distance instantaneously.
>>
>>33959675
I did read that bit, fuckstick. Unless you sleep in the thing there is not and will never be a plate carrier around that is worth the time to put on in the event of a home invasion.

You are asking a stupid question and getting a stupid answer.
>>
Maybe just move out of south africa
>>
>>33959757
This.
/Thread
Moving on.
>>
>>33959757
>BANG BANG CRASH
>hmmm seems it's about that time
>picks up HD AR from corner of room and drops bolt
>can hear people ransacking shit downstairs
>close door
>put 911 on speakerphone while putting plate carrier on in the course of 10-15s, electronic ears optional
>tell 911 situation and yell out a warning to burglars
>wait and see if they run off or make your day
>>
>>33959757
A simple 'no' would have worked you edgy little cunt. I bet you are the same person who flips his shit on the kid at Wendy's if your fries are a little too cold.
>>
>>33959652
>>33959757
>>33959832
>>33959834
>If not what would be the best for just general SHTF/Protecting your home in the event of a chimpout?

What about this part then you fucks who have the attention span of one sentence?
>>
>>33959895
I did read that bit, fuckstick. Unless you live in the thing there is not and will never be a plate carrier around that is worth the time to put on in the event of a chimpout.
You are asking a stupid question and getting a stupid answer.
>>
>>33959652
I just leave the left clip and cumberbund unstrapped
can get my condor on in 30 seconds really not an issue
I would just Velcro the left cumberbund to the patch area if someone was in muh house though make the side plate cover my upper left anyway so what could go wrong
>>
>>33959861
That fucker deserves it if the fries are cold. Not OP. Just someone who got cold fries.

>>33959621
Neg on carrier, most have velcro and will give you away. Best to remain as silent as possible until you rack your 12 gauge.
>>
>>33959917
What is Ferguson you dumb cunt?
>>
ITT: taking 10-15 seconds to slide on a plate carrier that'll stop and common handgun or rifle rounds is a waste of time. Ballistic armor is always a waste of time, especially if shit's going down in a country where there's literally more guns than people. You should just walk up on the home invaders and rack your shotgun.
>>
>>33960027
Better start sleeping in it, like some kind of cartoon character.

When its dark, and you are drowsy, scared and aroused, the last thing you ought to be doing is playing defense instead of eliminating the threat.
>>
>>33959921
Not if my bedroom is soundproof.
>>
File: 1446174821583.gif (1MB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1446174821583.gif
1MB, 300x199px
>>33959621

>buy quality plate carrier (no Condor bullshit)
>adjust it so the plate are right height to cover vitals
>loosen cummerbund until it's just loose enough that you can slip it on over what you typically wear around the house

It takes me literally 3 seconds to put mine on this way.
>>
>not owning atleast lvl iiia insert

What's being poor and not wanting to protect yourself like?
>>
What plate carrier is in ops pic?
>>
>>33960293
Apparently the plate carriers most of the people in this thread have experience with were made in 1400AD and require a squire's assistance to put on.
>>
>>33960423
How do I modify a messenger bag with a soft insert so I can hold it on my arm like a SWAT ballistic shield?
>>
>>33959834
I'd put the ears on before the vest but I'd also try not to shoot anyone in my house.
>>
>>33960436
TAG Banshee (the older version, the Banshee 2.0 is out now).

>>33960648
Sew a pocket to the inside of messenger bag, with a Velcro flap.

Also, this is a silly idea.
>>
>>33960124
>when physically at your least alert and coordinated you should blindly run into a possible armed confrontation with the least amount of forethought and planning possible

hwat
>>
File: Webp.net-resizeimage.png (3MB, 1238x2201px) Image search: [Google]
Webp.net-resizeimage.png
3MB, 1238x2201px
Just ignore all those useless comments, /k/ is cucked nowadays with morons who need to let go all their autism. I would suggest buying the warrior assault systems recon plate carrier, this is soooo fast to put it on or remove it due to the itw buckles, i just love this carrier because of that. Check youtube for some videos of it. Pic related - my rpc
>>
File: 201042_001B_2014.jpg (181KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
201042_001B_2014.jpg
181KB, 500x500px
>>33959621
I bought a $40 Condor Sentry PC and use it just for HD. I keep one side buckled and the other side open, and I can throw it on and there's no need to buckle if I feel it's that urgent.
Personally I think it's worth it. I live in a pretty big house and live upstairs and being the paranoid crazy war vet cliche that I am, I often "hear things" and go and investigate. In times like this I will put the PC on. If I hear someone breaking in downstairs (loud crash, window breaking, etc) I will put my PC on, but obviously if someone just busted down my bedroom door while Im sleeping, I think I might have to skip putting it on.
>>
>>33962131
Fuck off shill.

Also, I'd still keep it buckled and slip it on over my head. I'm not going to be fumbling with buckles after being disoriented from sleeping, on top of adrenaline pumping.
>>
>>33959917
nigga you dumb as hell. you can at least have soft armor that you just throw over if youre bothering to get your rifle already instead of just your sidearm. if you think it takes too long and its not doable youre just a lazy weakling who doesnt train. ask anybody with prior service experience how fast they can throw on a carrier. ask any firefighter how long it takes them to get in full gear. practicing putting on your gear is free.
>>
File: FullSizeRender-1.jpg (865KB, 1632x1174px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
865KB, 1632x1174px
first spear is fast to put on but normal pcs take less than 10 seconds
>>33962359
>slips the pate carrier over your head
wont fit if its properly adjusted, have to open at least one side of the cumberbund
>>
>>33959621
>not sleeping in your tactical multimeme onesie with a built in plate carrier
>not having your claymores go off at the faintest hint of intruders lurking about
>not having ir illuminators duct taped to your doggo so he can help identify bad guys

I'm surprised you haven't died already
>>
>>33960462
I kek'd pretty hard

I have a 5.11 plate carrier. Very comfy, i can slip it on overhead with it buttoned up if I really need to. otherwise its CCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRR velcroteim
>>
If you need more than 30 rounds to repel a home invasion I think you'll have enough time to strap on whatever you need between the human wave attacks.
>>
>>33966518
>not preparing for anything, including fighting a Chosin Reservoir tier battle inside your dwelling
>>
>>33966532
Especially not preparing to fight a chosin reservoir tier battle in your dwelling.
>>
>Playing defense when milliseconds count instead of when days count

Why not simply remove every visible light source from your home along with boarding up the windows while wearing NODs 24/7? Blinding your enemies gives you the ultimate tactical advantage. Btw is you can't completely give up light you can always turn your cellar into a barricaded living space while using the above ground house as a decoy/killzone for intruders.
>>
>>33959621
how about a backpack with a correct sized slot for a plate you can throw on backwards in a few seconds?
>>
>>33962216
These aren't awful. They aren't great for actual combat but they'll hold a plate for a while. I don't think PC's are really practical for HD situations but if it's just going to collect dust, then there is no use in spending a lot of money as long as you just need something that will hold a plate.
>>
>>33959757
You're the
>I need to speak to your manager
Bitch of K, aren't you? Hows that soccer mom haircut?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.