[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

How did the world's air force's end up becoming the "bitch branch"?

The only non-bitch positions in the world's air forces were command positions and fighter pilots.

When did the air force become the faggot-approved effeminate branch?
>>
>>33959413
>How did the world's air force's end up becoming the "bitch branch"?
That guy in your picture? He sucked at his job, that is how it happened.
>>
>>33959413
>When did the air force become the faggot-approved effeminate branch?
If you're spending time with people who discuss anything in such terms, find better friends.
>>
>>33959730
way to dodge the question, pansy
>>
>>33959748
BITCH, I love you.
>>
>>33959507
how did he fuck up?
>>
>>33959413
its MUH-REEN and vatnik shitposting
>>
>>33959507
How the fuck did Robin Olds suck at his job?
>>
>>33959413
>only non-bitch positions in the USAF are command and pilots
I guess the maintenance personnel and ammo guys working 12+ shifts keeping aging air-frames flight worthy and ensuring the safety of the aircrews are bitches right? I will agree that the Air Force is plagued with nonners, but isn't the Army and Marines plagued with POGS? Also let's not even get into the battlefield airmen. PJ's, TACP, CCT, SOWT etc...
>>
>>33959413
I mean... what are you expecting from an air force? People to jump out of planes with bombs strapped to their chest?
>>
>>33962449
is that too much to ask?
>>
>>33962449
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Atomic_Demolition_Munition
>>
>>33962653
US Army Special Forces would be the ones deploying those, not airfags.
>>
I guess it would have alot to do with the type of people that join. Air force is what people think when they want to have the benefits of serving without actually ever being in any type of danger. Not that it's the reality they'll face, but it's enough to get all the pussy welfare queens
>>
>>33959413
What could be considered the "golden age" of the Air Force, the era of aesthetic flight jackets, fleets of shining bombers, and vicious dogfights slugging it out, was when the Air Force was a part of the Army. Since then, no real decisive aerial acts have taken place combat wise. Sure, pilots from the Phantom to the Warthog have been saving the asses of ground pounders since the Air Force became independent, but large, massive awe inspiring efforts that break the back of the enemy don't happen in the independent Air Force. Rolling Thunder is the closest thing, and even that is full of mixed after action results about whether it was truly effective or not just concerning plane loss-to-industry destroyed ratio, compiled with the fact that it occurred during a highly unpopular war known for the heroics and tenacity of the Army and Marines, leads to the Air Force getting swept under the rug as far as respect goes.

Furthermore, outside of combat support sorties, the AF has been the poster child of flawed American foreign policy in the shape of small scale bombings to support random "friendly fighters" and drones with all the bad publicity and moral questions they bring.

Again, not to shit on the work the past, current, or future Air Force does, but the Air Force to this day also has no where near the deep tradition or history of the other branches, much of it because of the lack of real en masse combat, and it shows. The Navy proves time and time again it can handle aviation, as does the Army rotary wise and historically fixed wing as well. For all the memeing about the Marines, it can be said that the Air Force is the most unnecessary branch with the best argument for non-existence.

And yeah they control the nukes, but so can anyone else.
>>
>>33959413
Everyone joins so they can become a fighter pilot or to fly in the air. 95% of people who joined obviously did not end up being a pilot or flying whatsoever.
Many also join so they can get military paycheck but not have to see any combat whatsoever. The only reason you should join the air force if you are guaranteed to be a pilot
>>
>>33962685
That's a fundamentally batshit retarded concept. At no point during the development of these someone came forth and said "knock this shit off".
>>
>>33962422
That's funny, I think John Levitow, Timothy Wilkinson, Duane D. Hackney, and William Pitsenbarger would disagree with you.
>>
>>33959413
the fucking moment the cold war ended, the air force became the bitch branch.
think about it, right? during the cold war, the air force was the backbone of the triad (and kinda still is) and they were damn sure you knew about it, and they were fucking proud of that shit.
they'd hammer commies in nam or sit in concrete hovels 3 minutes from turnkey but no matter what, there was some pride there.
soon as the cold war died, the triad lost it's balls in general. went deep underground - the AF lost it's sack since it didn't need to be a backbone to shit anymore, and the counterculture leftists had pushed ideas that were antithetical to those harbored during the golden age of the military.
Top Gun was the AF's last pop culture breath of being cool, and Desert Storm was it's last badass military action that anyone can really remember.
>>
>>33964624
But.. TopGun was a Navy program.
>>
Its always gonna be like that, people who want to serve but are too chicken shit to be in any danger will go Air Force.
>>
File: B-1B(2).jpg (941KB, 2100x1397px) Image search: [Google]
B-1B(2).jpg
941KB, 2100x1397px
>>33959413

Because the USAF is too good at it's job. "Professional Puppy Kicker" doesn't really sound like a very masculine job, regardless of how good someone is at punting puppers into orbit.

It doesn't help that the world's second most powerful air force happens to be the aviation arm of the world's most powerful navy.

As for the rest; again, when you have no hope of ever competing with the US... We can all sit around and punch each other in the dick about who has the best tank or rifle or submarine or frigate, but nobody aside from vatnik shills can talk shit about an Air Force that has consistently dominated the skies since it's inception, and long before.
>>
>>33964663
same difference, really
>>
>>33964729
You know I never really thought about it in that regard.
>>
>>33963220

>Fleets of shining bombers
>Part of the army

Anti-flash white was a product of the cold war tho
>>
File: F-35 Rightning II.jpg (21KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
F-35 Rightning II.jpg
21KB, 700x400px
>>33964771
As this poster >>33964624 pointed out, the USAF was, for a long time, THE primary arm of the US's nuclear triad. Long before SSBNs and even ground based ICBM and IRBMs, there was the bomb. The air force was the means for the delivery of nuclear weapons, and this begot a lot of money.

All chauvinism aside, with very few exceptions, the enemies and allies of the United States have been playing catch-up for the last few decades when it comes to air power. European nations rely heavily on our developmental capabilities, China relies heavily on our lacking cyber-security(pic related), and Russia has all but given up (admittedly to focus on what is likely the world's most potent ground-based air defense systems).

The introduction of US pilots to jets like the MiG-15 and MiG-21 in Korea and Vietnam respectively were rude awakenings; far more so than much of the brass was comfortable with. However, records still show highly favorable
performance of US pilots against all foreign adversaries. Between having the money to throw into training, and the tech to back that training up, US air power has remained dominant, and will continue to do so for quite a while longer.
>>
>>33959413
They aren't bitches. They are just laid back.

I say this as a former Marine Infantryman. My best friends dad was in the Air Force 20 years. He could knock me the fuck out with 1 punch. But he's a lovable big guy type.

Man of few words. You can ask him a question, and he won't say anything. 3 minutes later he will answer. Other times quick as shit with a joke. I asked his Son why his dad takes so long to answer, he said he likes to make sure everything he says is what he meant. That's not a bitch, that's a smart guy.

Also Air Force is run like a corporation, not the "real" military. I remember what he said when I told him I was shipping to MCRD San Diego, "It takes a certain type of man to choose the Marines, I wouldn't do it. Come back though."

I did. We had a beer earlier tonight. Same asshole he always was.
>>
File: 1492035968409.png (216KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1492035968409.png
216KB, 351x329px
>>33964729
>and long before

wat
>>
File: FairchildB52Crash.jpg (52KB, 682x520px) Image search: [Google]
FairchildB52Crash.jpg
52KB, 682x520px
>People unironically want the Air Force to return to it's reckless macho cowboy bullshit.

no thank you
>>
>>33964931
The point I was trying to make is that the precursor to the USAF, the USAAF, was an equally potent fighting force for it's time.
>>
>>33964523
Those just support my point that the Air Force has disciplined dedicated enlisted members like any other branch? Did you think I was talking against battlefield airmen?
>>
File: 1493150889484.png (181KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493150889484.png
181KB, 384x384px
>>33965116
Right, forgot about the USAF restructuring.
>>
>>33965190
I also had this confusion, should it make you feel better.
>>
>>33964729
That picture is classic Ellsworth afb. Be outside watching lightning strike the hangers, MACH be like "nothing on the radar".
>>
>>33964932
It still is
>>
>>33964523
Snap.
>>
>>33964523
Someone has been studying for waps testing

>>33964624
Top Gun had nothing to do with the air force. It was the Navy.

>>33959413
September 20, 2011.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.