[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

What year is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: wyit.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
wyit.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
A noob question - when I go into a gun store how do I know that I am looking at this years model or a model from 5 years ago?
I dont want to drive the sales guy nuts, but I overheard a conversation at the last gun store:
"Yea this gun is about 4 years old..."
puts it back in the marked case NEW GUN SECTION, not used, not a pawn shop.

So there is a minute chance I might be getting some 5 year out-dated turd if I don't do my homework?
>>
>>33957843
Guns are not perishable anon. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>33957861
What I mean by "out dated turd"... the tech in the gun has already been disproved / not really accepted by a vast majority of gun owners and I am looking at essentially dead inventory, that doesn't sell but they still keep them in the New Gun Section -
like guns that now only come with a small capacity mag... because of new regulation so it killed sales...

- incase somebody's grandpa wants this particular gun from his childhood.
>>
>>33957843
What you overheard was someone buying "New, Old stock".

It was a brand new gun, that happened to be 4 years old, it's not unheard of. My mom actually managed to find a S&W k-frame .38spl new old stock, made in 1968
>>
>>33957843
As long as it's not a used gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5kqh5-FoSA

Guns don't really have model years. Do your homework, check which features and what generation it is. Just make sure it hasn't started to rust in the box.
>>
>>33957895
Gun technology doesn't age that quickly you mong. The AR-15 has existed in its current form since at least 1980
>>
>>33957843
HKs and most other modern German fire arms use proof marks that tell you at a glance they year the gun was made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbplSfVDsm4
expand the description under the video if you just want to read the chart with the marks
I'm sure if you do research on other fire arms there might be other indicators, such as a serial number range, features that were only added after a certain year, or dropped before a certain year. If you are looking at a COlt, their website offers a serial number page that will tell you the year a gun was made
>>
>>33957941
Thanks.
>>
>>33957927
Go beat your wife, you fucking ape, I don't need your e-thug attitude. It was a simple noob question.
>>
>>33957990
have you considered clinical treatment for for severe autism?
>>
>>33957990
I hope deranged niggers like you never walk into my gun shop
>>
>>33957843
So do you lease cars or just constantly buy new and trade in like a retard?
>>
>>33957990
we don't like noobs, we don't like stupid questions. you shouldn't be here.
>>
>>33957843
>So there is a minute chance I might be getting some 5 year out-dated turd if I don't do my homework?

There are normally very few differences between a gun made five years ago and one made today, provided they are the same model. Some times a few production kinks might be fixed during the manufacturing process, but that's about it. If you're ultra ass tight about it, go look up serial numbers to see what year the gun was made.
>>
>>33958393
Then why are you here?
>>
File: needs text.jpg (79KB, 606x403px)
needs text.jpg
79KB, 606x403px
>>33957990
>>
>>33957861
OP had a point. Some guns have generations or years where the quality was shit, and it would be good to know what you are getting into. Take the early Gen4s from glawk for example.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.