[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Business Defense Shells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (29KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 738x640px
Hello /k/. Hope you're all having a wonderful day.

I come to you smart fellows to ask an important question: What shell load is best for the 'under the bar' shotgun?

I've got a lovely 12 gauge Browning Citori my dear old pop gave me to forever ago and I keep it under the bar just in case, and it's only just occurred to me the legal danger of using the 'wrong' ammo.

I'm guessing some sort of buckshot would be good, since bird is too thin and slugs would go through the wall, but I'd still be concerned about the spread. Think close to medium close range encounters.

Any help is most appreciated you fine gents.

>pic kinda unrelated since it's past business hours and I don't randomly take pictures of guns
>>
No 4 Buckshot. Used to be FBI standard.

A buddy of mine who is more shotgun savvy than me swears by BB loads for inside work.
>>
>>33955901
Unless you are shooting across a department store, spread is not too much of a worry. Real life is not like a video game were shotguns are useless beyond 5 or 10 feet. While spread varies based on choke and barrel length, at 20-25 feet most of your shot should hit a man sized target (assuming you do your part)
>>
>>33955920
I'll have to look that stuff up. Sounds promising.

>>33955950
I know that, obviously. Video games make it look like you're shooting pixie dust (except for those dragon's breath rounds in that one black ops mission, those were cool as fuck). The problem is that even a little bit of the load barely breaks someone skin they're gonna scream bloody murder both in the moment and in the courtroom, which are both equally annoying. Hell you could flick someone while saving their life nowadays and they'd still sue you. Can't be too careful.
>>
>>33955901
First of all get a different gun, there's no sense in risking getting a 1200+ dollar gun you inherited confiscated (and permanently) marked as evidence should you ever have to use it.

That's without even mentioning the fact that it's a poor choice when compared to pretty much any handgun, pump/semi shotgun, or semi-automatic rifle.

If you decide that the other gun that you plan on buying is going to be a 12 gauge still then I'd recommend #4 Buckshot.
>>
>>33955973
If you are worried about getting sued, either invest in litigation insurance or don't defend your business.
>>
>>33956013
You shouldn't be defending your business. That's what insurance is for. Yourself is what needs defending.
>>
>>33956006
Good point actually. Suggestions?

>>33956051
My business (bar)is my life dickhead. One cannot exist without the other. It's a ying yang kind of thing. Insurance is taken care of but I'm still not standing there doing nothing when two 6' 4" Jamals pull fucking ARs from their loose ass pants.
>>
>>33956074
That has never happened at any bar on Earth.
>>
>>33956117
Oh yeah smart guy?

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Epeo8Pfm1xM

>Indisputable PROOF
>>
>>33956131
Wait what the fuck since when does mobile YouTube put in that boilerplate?
>>
>>33956074
>Suggestions
Something cheap, pump-action and preferably as short as legally possible.
>>
>>33956074
Get an 870 with the 5 round tube and SBS it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.