[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it trigger anyone when pogs or non-combat vets get unit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: usmc-tattoo-20.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
usmc-tattoo-20.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
Does it trigger anyone when pogs or non-combat vets get unit tattoos?

Tattoos are supposed to have meaning.

When I was in the army, I didn't even think about getting a tattoo until near the end of my deployment. I've seen and done some horrible things in my life so when I came back to the states I did a lot of volunteer work which prompted me to get two tattoos of the words "angel" and "devil" in chinese on my left and right wrists so that I can remind myself that I am capable of doing both good and bad things.

10 years from now I'll look at my wrists and still have profound thoughts of what went through my mind the day I decided to get these tattoos.
>>
>>33955813
No, never really gave a shit on what other people did with their bodies.
>>
>>33955813
>tattoos
biggest waste of money since cigarettes

at least they're a visual indicator of those with poor impulse control and bad decision making skills
>>
>>33955825

This. If someone gets a tattoo, that's their choice and it does have meaning to them, however trivial it may be to you.
>>
>>33955813
Get the idea of being pissed over unearned unit tattoos, but don't care what dumb choices people make.
>>
>I'll look at my wrists and still have profound thoughts of what went through my mind the day I decided to get these tattoos.

"Man I was such a moron back then. This is gonna cost a fucking fortune to get rid of."
>>
>>33955813
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
File: 139270273472.png (92KB, 375x246px) Image search: [Google]
139270273472.png
92KB, 375x246px
>>33955813
>which prompted me to get two tattoos of the words "angel" and "devil" in chinese

Hahaha, what a faggot!
>>
ITT: Newfags fall for this copypasta someone just took from a tattoo thread on /pol/
>>
>>33955813
>tattoos
Trash and retarded. Why would you want serving a few years to define your entire life? You still have your life ahead of you and so much to achieve outside the military, how about letting it go?
>>
>>33955876
I don't browse /pol/ nor am I around for every single pasta
>>
>>33955813
I've been thinking about getting a single tattoo, on the inside of my wrist.

▲ ▲

It's geometric, it's tasteful, and it's hilarious
>>
File: IMG_1575.jpg (43KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1575.jpg
43KB, 640x407px
>>
>>33955825
Ditto.

It ain't my skin, and how someone else wants to adorn their body is not my business.
>>
>>33955813
>I'll look at my wrists and still have profound thoughts
Nothing about those tattoos is in any way profound, meaningful or deep. Plus your tattoo artist is probably laughing his butt off to this day because he tattooed a roundeye longnose foreign devil with the symbols for cocksucker and fudgepacker and made him pay through the nose for it to boot.
>>
>>33955876
nearly all of /k/ avoids /pol/ like its fucking syphilis and we wish you /pol/ aids victims would stay in your containment board
>>
>>33955948
I have a friend who unironically got a hollow triangle tattooed on his wrist on a party holiday...its quite good though, he gets into a lot of clubs for free because they think hes already been stamped, even if the stamp being used that night isnt a triangle
>>
>>33956095
Why would somebody get an ironic hollow triangle, is there a joke there?
>>
>>33955813
>Tattoos
ah yes, the marks of the slave.
>>
>>33956102
Because its quite a 'hipster' thing apparently, so im sure some nihilist has got one ironically
>>
File: 14859622995260.jpg (51KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
14859622995260.jpg
51KB, 610x406px
>>33955813

tattoos are for complete and utter bitchboys
>>
I saw a lot of shitty tats on guys in the Infantry. I don't see why it would matter if they did or didn't see combat.

Any I'm Libertarian. Thought about getting one but there's nothing I want permanently drawn on my body. Maybe my daughter's name, but that's kinda cliche, right?
>>
>Tattoos are supposed to have meaning.
That's idiotic. What meaning they have will be lost when you die, but any image displaying them will persist. No one will appreciate the tattoo on the "meaning" they could only speculate at. Tattoos should be chosen for their aesthetic enhancement to the body. They are adornments.
>>
>>33955813
>Tattoos are supposed to have meaning.

To the person that gets them, you faggot.

Who gives a shit about what other people get? You're free to think they're stupid or ugly (I do), but I'm not about to tell anyone they can't have them because reason X.

The only thing I'd warn people about is:
1) get it done at a good tat shop, not some run of the mill cheapo shop or amateur. It's nicer and healthier for everyone involved.
2) Visible tats will likely lower your chances of employment. Unless you're a Suicide Girl.
>>
>>33955813
No buddy, get the fuck over it. You chose your shit job. Ill get all the bad ass tats I want.

t/ an ex Navy veteran whos never seen combat but deployed 3 times to AO's and got campaign medals.
>>
>>33956263
m00t has really changed since selling the site to hiroshima.
>>
>>33955813
You probably think that a person only qualifies as a veteran if they've been shot/shot at someone amirite?
>>
>>33955813
Tbh I dismiss anyone with any tattoos as a tryhard attention whore.
>>
File: 1470204743486.jpg (32KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470204743486.jpg
32KB, 497x500px
>>33955813
Probably says something else in Chinese or gibberish. Anyone who gets tats are trash but Chinese letters are fucking faggy. Just like op.
>>
>>33956446
I view them as unwashed trash that probably think big bang theory is funny and that olive garden is actual Italian food.
>>
>>33956314
This.
Read Adolf loos ornament and crime.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.