/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons First CC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: waltherppkwoodgrip.jpg (97KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
waltherppkwoodgrip.jpg
97KB, 800x532px
I'm leaning towards a PPK just for looks and conceilablility. Im also open to revolvers. Just not interested in anything composite. I have the itch for wood and steel.
>>
>>33951913
So what should i get? Its also worth noting im a bit of a poorfag so lets keep it under $550 preferably
>>
Okay, sure, that's fine.
Anything you pick will be particularly uncomfortable compared to lightweight polymer guns, but that's your call.

PPK is a great firepower to size ratio and snubnose wheelguns have been a staple of the industry for ages.

Just remember that any gun is better than no gun, and if you do eventually find it too uncomfortable to wear daily it's better to swallow your pride and get something more functional than aesthetic.
>>
Is there a particular reason

>muh aesthetics

is at the top of your list for things you want out of a CCW gun?
>>
>wood and steel
Have you considered a CZ P-01 or CZ 2075 RAMI with walnut grips? A CZ in 9x19 is a hell of a lot more reliable than a PPK in both function and stoppin powah.
>>
>>33951938
Not at all. But im a firm believer in the idea that if a designer put a lot of thought and work into the aesthetics of their gun then it should be considered. You wouldnt buy an ass ugly car just because it can do what you need it to, would you? Especially if there are similar options that look good to you.
>>
>>33951956
I'll give it a look.
>>
>>33951963
Yeah that all sounds good on paper until you realize that when it comes to subcompacts any improvements in aesthetic comes at a detriment to viability.

Reminder that you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>33951973
I'm 20. And you're a nigger
>>
>>33951913
Get a snubnosed revolver.
>>
>>33951956
>Have you considered a CZ P-01 or CZ 2075 RAMI with walnut grips? A CZ in 9x19 is a hell of a lot more reliable than a PPK in both function and stoppin powah.

I've never held a RAMI, but as someone that carries both a P-01 and a PPK, they aren't even close to the same ballpark in size
>>
>>33951993
RAMI is a subcompact like the PPK, just a doublestack 9x19 so it's a bit fatter.
>>
>>33951973
> when it comes to subcompacts any improvements in aesthetic comes at a detriment to viability.
I'll take baseless claims for $500, Alex.

Stop giving advice.
>>
>>33951993
OP here, what do you think of the PPK? Dies it feel solid in the hand.
>>
>>33952001
You're right, steel and wood are identical to polymer in terms of weight savings. More attractive curves and plane dimensions are just as good for carrying as profiles that've been fine tuned to be conducive to carrying.

What was I thinking.
>>
>>33951963

>similar options

See, yeah, that's the thing.

The PPK in particular's "similar options" are all objectively better. Better caliber, smaller, lighter, better triggers, higher visibility sights... Or in the alternative, significantly smaller and lighter for the same caliber/capacity.

Revolvers can work well. But, given that you obviously have no idea what you're doing, the only thing they're going to be great at in your hands is being easy to make safe. They're rather difficult to shoot well in the sizes people buy for carry. It's kind of like manual vs. automatic transmission as far as relative difficulty for an absolute novice. Except for one thing: unlike learning to drive a manual, you're not going to become an "expert" with a snub nose because, unlike baby's first car that he learns to drive well because he drives it everywhere, when baby's first gun is a difficult to shoot weapon with unpleasant recoil, lots of muzzle blast, marginal sights, and a rather heavy trigger, baby puts the gun down and gets discouraged because baby can't hit shit.

Pretty much every gun you should be considering in your price range looks like shit, is made of polymer, or has both attributes.

Buy a Glock 43, Walther PPS, S&W Shield (can be had sub-$300 right now...), or Springfield XDS9 and get over it.
>>
The gun you're looking for is a Smith and Wesson Model 36. They can easily be had in the $400 range used but in great condition.

I would advise against getting a PPK simply because the majority of PPKs floating around at the price point you've specified are recent imports of low quality that were actually the subject of a product recall not too long ago.
>>
>>33952054
Not sure where you got the idea i was a "complete novice". Ive been shooting handguns for a very long time. I just dont have experience with the ppk or CCing. Looking for some neat suggestions not autists telling me im wrong when i havent even stated anything yet.
>>
>>33952054
Not to mention the first handgun i ever shot was a snub nose 357 which kicked the shit out of me when i was an 11 year old kidlet but "baby" doesnt get discouraged by a bite on the hand, faggot.
>>
>>33951913
Be a man among me and carry a:

1. ruger security six in .357

2. Colt combat commander in .45 ACP

3. S&W 5906/3

Mouse guns are for mousy men with mouse dicks.
>>
>>33952096
Best advice ive seen so far. And i really like the look of that model 36.
>>
>>33952097

Your concerns have been along the lines of aesthetics and "feeling solid in your hand." If you knew what you were doing, you'd be asking about:

- Sights (on the PPK, they're tiny little nubs)
- Trigger/trigger characteristics (on the PPK, it's obnoxiously heavy, stacks a lot [not smooth], and the SA is pretty meh)
- Weight (the PPK weighs more than many double-stack polymer 9mms)
- Caliber (the PPK fires a fairly anemic caliber in both offerings)

Furthermore, you've already said you're 20. I fired more pistol ammo this afternoon than you probably have in the past six months.
>>
>>33952151
Im sure you have. I never said you were inexperienced, only that i am not a "complete novice" as far as handguns go.
>>
>>33952138

The 1990s called and would like you to sell me your guns at a steep discount.
>>
>>33952151
What do you CC?
>>
>>33952194

A Glock 17 IWB or a S&W 642 in the pocket/in gym shorts/on my gi pants, depending on what I'm doing. I've carried other pistols on a regular basis in the past, mostly full-size 9mms.
>>
>>33951913
Depending on your size (I'm 6'1''), a sig p226 SSE sounds perfect for your needs. IWB carrying is real comfy with a Blackhawk sticky holster.
EDIT: oops, way outa pricerange. Get a walther PPQ?
>>
>>33951913

If you're considering a wheel gun, I'd check out the Armscor M206: .38spl, 2" bbl, parkerized, looks like a copy of the Colt Commando. I saw one in a LGS in Arizona for about $230, and if I wasn't buying shit for my latest AR build, I prolly would have picked one up. The finish was rough, but it felt like a solid, serviceable carry piece or nightstand gun. Can't beat the price, and almost all reviews are very positive.
>>
>>33951913
Only a pussy would carry anything but a full sized 1911 in 10mm. Prove me wrong you fucking horse wankers.
>>
>>33952138
I have a small 1911 clone in .32 Uncomfortable to carry as it's heavy and the beavertail likes to snag. I bought an exposed hammer j frame to replace it. No regrets.
>>
>>33952331
Here's your (you)
>>
Sp101 wiley clapp
>saving up for one now
>>
I ccw a ppks.

Its heavy, and its a pain finding a good holster.

If you really want it to mess around with; sure. I love mine. Its a pain to carry though, and if thats what your goal is, get a glock or some other polymer gun.
>>
>>33951913
>PPK just for looks

PPK is literally a clown gun

da trigger pull is horrible, it jams all the time unless the springs perfectly match the ammo

but go ahead be an idiot and buy one
>>
bersa thunder is a better ppk
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.