[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I missing in my Bugout Bag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 5.11 24.png (1MB, 725x1048px) Image search: [Google]
5.11 24.png
1MB, 725x1048px
Bags:
1 - 5.11 Rush 24
2 - 3V outlaw

Food:
1 - 9*2400 calorie food bars, full vitamin spray
2 - 1 pound dry rice
3 - 24 beef/chicken bullion cubes
4 - 2 pounds of spam
5 - 2 pounds sardines
6 - Water purification tablets
7 - Sawyer mini with squeeze pouch
8 - A lot of soup mix

Mess Kit:
1 - 2 quart pot & 25oz pot
2 - Bowl
3 - 2 Cups
4 - Folding Fork/Knife/Spoon

Tools:
1 - Large folding shovel w/ pick & smaller folding shovel w/ pick
2 - Folding saw
3 - Cold Steel Talwar
4 - Smachet Machete (looking to replace with a more brush destroying machete)
5 - Axe
6 - Prybar
7 - Gi Tanto (Looking to replace with a less shit knife)
8 - Recurve bow 30lb & 25 arrows
9 - 80lb pistol crossbow & 45 bolts (Can kill fish and rabbits!)
10 - Lansky puck (sharpening stone)
11 - Lansky blade medic
12 - 100 Yards of steel wire for snares
13 - 200 Feet of 7 strand paracord
14 - Headlamp - AAA batteries
15 - Binoculars
16 - Flashlight AAA batteries or lithium
17 - 24 AAA batteries

CONT...
>>
File: bow.png (37KB, 263x424px) Image search: [Google]
bow.png
37KB, 263x424px
....CONT

First Aid:
1 - Bandages of every size
2 - 3 instant ice packs
3 - Plastic and metal tweezers
4 - 2 Finger splits
5 - Suture thread and hook
6 - Insect sting relief pads
7 - Poison oak wash pads
8 - Super glue
9 - Tons of gauze
10 - duct tape
11 - pepto bismol tablets
12 - 500 activated charcoal caps
13 - Daily vitamins
14 - Safety pins
15 - Triangle banadge
16 - Elastic wrap bandage
17 - Advil
18 - Calcium & vit D pills
19 - Potassium iodine

Fire Starting:
1 - 50 Storm proof matches in case
2 - magnesium striker
3 - Those jet lighter things.

Cover:
1 - 4 Mylar sheets
2 - 4 Emergency ponchos
3 - Frogg Togg Suit
4 - 12x14 Tarp

Extras:
1 - 100% deet spray, <3
2 - 3 Waterproof markers
3 - Pocket notebooks
4 - Extra 2x2 gauze for wiping my butt
5 - 1 Roll toilet paper
6 - Dead leaf and ghillie suit
7 - 2 Gas masks
8 - 2 Extra 3-4 inch knives for food prep
9 - hand sanitizer 70%
10 - 2 rolls of gorilla tape
11 - Box of nails
12 - Luigi Mask

Well I think that is the entire thing currently. The weight is 35 pounds, which is about the same weight as my bag I use for my work.

I'm looking for a tent for maximum of 2 that has a rainfly, but anything you think is lacking feel free to throw in an opinion.

The second bag is for my girlfriend, she has enough supplies to make it on her own if she lays face down near a creek and waits for me.
>>
>>33950023
>bugout bag
>no bugs
2/10
>>
>>33950064
Lol
>>
You don't need 2 shovels
tanto blades are useless
you don't need a saw AND a machete AND an axe AND prybar you fool
bullion and soup mix?
3 ways to start a fire and none of them are a bic lighter?

toomanytacticoolyoutubevids/10
>>
File: This is my rod.png (135KB, 1297x517px) Image search: [Google]
This is my rod.png
135KB, 1297x517px
>>33950023
Mini fishing rod. Wont get you big fish, but pan fish are just fine.
>>
3/10 for making me reply:

Shelter: just get a tarp and a wool blanket/sleeping bag depending on the time of year

Fire: have 3 methods of making fire. Ideally this would be from 3 lighters. Put them on your bag and on your body

3: Water: Have 3 ways of filtering water
>lifestraw
>stainless 1L mug for boiling
>bleach/purification tabs

Food
just get 3 2,400 calorie bars and some mountain house

First Aid: dunno, but research that shit and don't buy a pre-made one from Walmart. Make sure you have Imodium as having diarrhea can kill you

Tools:
Fixed blade knife with full tang: minimum of a 4" blade, but you don't have to go over 6"
Multitool
Small fixed blade for detailed work

Weapons:
If you find yourself in a gunfight, then you are fucking up. Get a full-size 9mm polymer handgun or a .22 rifle.

Clothes: rotate seasonally. Don't forget extra socks

Extras:
Snares, how-to survival book, playing cards, toilet paper, wet wipes, trash bags, zip lock bags
>>
>>33950064
I carry the deet to keep the buggos away.

>>33950136

>You don't need 2 shovels

The second shovel is for my girlfriend, for burying her shit, digging a piss pit, or helping clear the ground. Its nominal weight, and having a backup never hurts. Folding shovels arent the most durable thing in the world.

>tanto blades are useless
Yea looking for recommendations

>you don't need a saw AND a machete AND an axe AND prybar you fool

The folding saw's weight is nominal, and it's more efficient for logs. Weighs a little bit more than half a pound.

The machete and axe, until I get a better machete I would take the axe. Also considering downgrading to a hatchet+machete. Once again this is ideally a team. So if I'm chopping branches/trees, she would be trimming them or banging out some points.

I don't understand why you group a prybar with wood working tools. I have this for accessing buildings. I can't chop a door down without making a world of noise and rendering the door useless.

>bullion and soup mix?
Bullion is for making broth, its a dried cube of spices.
Soup mix is a packet of noodles, dried vegetables, and broth mix.
They weigh less than a quarter of a pound each. Not a really big issue for me.

>3 ways to start a fire and none of them are a bic lighter?

I would think the jet or torch lighter is superior. I could always throw a bic lighter in.

>>33950186

I was considering it, but Im terrible at fishing. I have shot frogs and a small pike with the crossbow.
But I guess it wouldn't hurt. Is the pic related one good quality?

>>33950215

>3/10 for making me reply:

2/10 for (you)
>>
https://youtu.be/vjK38SmrGSw
>>
>>33950023
>no photocopies of essential identity documents, deeds, rental agreements, insurance papers, etc in waterproof bags
>no soap for hand/dish washing
>no socks
>no underwear
>no emergency sneakers if SHTF and you accidentally wore flip flops or are barefoot
>no $250 in small bills for a motel room after house is fucked with a tornado/hurricane/wildfire and a power outage fucks credit card processing
>or $250 for a bus ticket out of somewhere horrible if you can smell the happening about to start tomorrow
>no $15 worth of quarters in a coin purse for getting snacks out of vending machines or using a pay phone if the cell network goes down
>also makes a good Billy club
>no dip/nicotine gum for bartering with smokers if they have something you need after shit goes sideways

It's like you've never lived in a foreign country with unstable power grids, tsunamis, and political unrest. 3/10
>>
>>33950023
>>33950030
You're going to die. How do you plan on moving that?
Do you have any clue on the gross weight anon?

If you are still ITT I have good advice but not gonna type it all out for nothing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.