[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside how hard would they be to invade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Huawei-Switzerland.jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Huawei-Switzerland.jpg
161KB, 800x600px
Memes aside how hard would they be to invade?
>>
>>33949260
I somehow doubt the mountainous terrain really counts for anything nowadays
>>
>>33949260
The Swiss are one of the nations that I would hate to invade.

Between the fact that their populace is heavily armed and fairly nationalist, their extensive network of defensive emplacements (ineffective though they may be, the mountainous terrain provides limited protection from low altitude bombing by providing a large obstacle and a thick layer of ablative armour for anything but bunker busters) and the general conditions of the nation: in regards to weather and such.

Then there is the fact that the Swiss army is, for it's size, extremely well trained and equipped for defence.

Do I think that the US could invade them with no real difficulty? Certainly. Do I think the US could do it without suffering some heavy cost in men or material? Probably not.

God help any of us European powers trying to fuck with the Swiss, though they on the whole never seem to leave their mountains anymore...
>>
>>33949260
You do not invade the nation that holds your wealth.
>>
>>33949680
>Then there is the fact that the Swiss army is, for it's size, extremely well trained and equipped for defence.
not according to some of the swiss bros that have done mil service.
>>
How is the swiss army like these days? They've had budget cut after budget cut...
>>
With modern armies?

Easy as fuck, but the insurgency would be worse than Afghanistan or Iraq.

Just in my town we have a ton of gun owners all experts on marksmanship.

Hell, even our women and kids can hit targets at 300 meters easily.

The city folk would be easy to subdue though.
>>
>>33949736
>>33949753
Really? Shit man, that is a real shame considering their ancestors were all the bad-asses of Europe serving under the pope, in near-unbreakable pike formations and all that.
>>
>>33949260
>Memes aside how hard would they be to invade?
It could be done - but it's really not worth it, for anyone who can.

Every single fucking bridge is wired to explode, they have a huge militia force with a strong nationalistic identity.
It'd basically end up being Afghanistan, but the Insurgents can do basic math, can afford decent equipment and can actually shoot worth a damn.

More trouble than it's worth, which is the ideal defensive solution for a small nation.
>>
It would be super easy to invade, the problem would be clearing out the guerrilla units hiding in the damn mountains.
>>
>>33949260

Just give it a few years, the mudslime will make it so you dont have to invade.
>>
what's even there that would make it worth invading?
>>
>>33950012
nazi gold and SG550s
>>
File: 20170314_224208.jpg (3MB, 2121x2117px) Image search: [Google]
20170314_224208.jpg
3MB, 2121x2117px
>>33949260
our army might seem unprofessional, and a lot of units are very undisciplined but they know how to perform their jobs.
An Invasion would be fairly easy. the army lacks any modern anti-air capabilities, it only has around 100 upgraded Leopard 2 (comparable to the Leo 2A6 in sensors and electronics) and another 100 CV9030. Circa 150-200 Leo 2A4 should be stored somewhere.
the air force has around 40 F-5 Tigers and 30 F/A-18Cs
Fortress Artillery is Mothballed and no active units are trained on them, but there are about 300 M109 Paladins.
So the army is actually fairly big compared to it's neighbours especially in comparison to our population.

but the real advantage lies within the fact that the average soldier is also a civilian, making him one hell of an insurgent. Imagine a regular infantryman (Füsilier) that works for a towns power grid. He knows where and how to disable electricity and he knows how to do it with the most effect, and there are many more combination that would make occupiying switzerland an absolute nightmare
>>
>>33949759
>Just in my town we have a ton of gun owners all experts on marksmanship.
>Hell, even our women and kids can hit targets at 300 meters easily.

I've spent 19 years in Switzerland (Graubuenden) and I have never met or known anybody that was experienced with guns or had any interest in obtaining one other than my grandfather who enjoyed deer hunting.
>>
File: Grenade_HG43.jpg (507KB, 2017x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Grenade_HG43.jpg
507KB, 2017x2160px
>>33950294
God, do I miss the HG 43
>>
>>33949850
Since when is Switzerland Germany/Sweden?
>>
>>33949685
>invade country that holds your wealth
>YOU now THEIR wealth
What kind of stupid rock did you climb out from under?
>>
>>33950294
thanks for the informative post anon
>>
>>33951231
Even though that they're not all mudslims, Switzerland has one of the biggest immigrant population % per capita. Like 30% of the country are foreigners.
Down the road it will turn to shit just like other major euro countries.
>>
>>33951386
Yes 23% is foreigners, of which most are Germans and Italians. Can't speak for the Italians, but most Germans who go to Switzerland are actual, real Germans by your shitty pol standards (sauce: living close to the swiss border). The thing is: Germans (and maybe other nationalities, dk) are very unpopular in Switzerland, the Swiss are highly patriotic and have a stronger Leitkultur feeling than most ardent Nazis.

Switzerland is one of the least likely nations in Europe to be overrun by certain shit-tier religions/philosophies/ideals
>>
>>33951592
tell that to all albanians and roaches living there.
>>
>>33949260
>mountains errywhere
>have to travel by roads or kill your infantries backs humping all them mountains
>Also your nations leader keeps all his bribe money in their banks
Pretty hard I'd imagine
>>
>>33951741
Albanians and Serbs (mhm pig roasts) are very very different than the human trash that overruns Germany,France,Italy,Sweden and other EU countries.

One of my fondest memories of Switzerland is cooking/grilling and organizing a weekend long fest (paid for by their company) for about 200 construction workers mostly consisting of Serbs,Albanians and Italians.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.