[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you are engaged in combat in a relatively small building,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: assault rifle.jpg (9KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
assault rifle.jpg
9KB, 187x250px
If you are engaged in combat in a relatively small building, such as a typical single family house, would you rather have a rifle such as an AR15 or an AK, or a shotgun, or a handgun?
People always say shotguns are best for home defense, but are they really better than "assault" rifles?
And what if it's not defense against a thief breaking in, but rather two-way combat where both people are armed and ready to fight?
What is your reasoning for your choice?
>>
>>33941608
Whatever you are comfortable with and can use, and it has defense ammo and not some wallmart birdshot/federal bs
Berneke for shotguns / horandy
Vmax for 223
And Speer gold dots for handguns
I like rifles, but shotguns are good too, and handguns leave you with one hand available. Up and downs for all.
A guns a gun, it's gonna stop someone of you know how to use it
>>
>>33941608
a semi auto shotgun is probably best for any 1v1 home defense scenario (inside the house). Hitting an unarmored target, it has pretty much maximal stopping power.

AR is better for anything more than 1v1 or at range, since it holds more rounds and obviously is accurate at a distance.

I'd personally choose an AR just in case Jamal has 1 or more armed friends he wants to enrich my property with.
>>
What punches the biggest fucking hole in somebody?
>>
>>33941608
AR15 with a 30 round mag of 223 SP and a flashlight stops all didnu or daesh attacks.
>>
Shotguns are good if funds are limited. Ar's are good if multiple intruders. Aks good depending on ammo used. Handguns are good because you can take them outside of house without looking like an autist (if you get lured out) or be armed while answering door etc. Most ppl have several guns so just stash a ccw handgun in living room for above reasons and ccw convenience and rifle under the bed etc
>>
>>33941686
a rocket launcher?
>>
>>33941608
Semi-auto handgun every time. No question. Easier to peek around corners with, move with, etc....
>>
>>33941764
>Aks good depending on ammo used.
What ammo would you use, and why?
>>
>>33941905
they're also harder to use, less powerful, carry less rounds than a rifle.

every time this thread comes up it's always the long guns that win, specifically because you don't want to be stuck with a handgun if you have the option of a higher power gun at hand. Long guns are easier to shoot which is especially important during high stress situations and are more likely to incapacitate any home intruder. The only disadvantage is penetration, which while being a legitimate concern it does take a back seat to your own immediate safety.
>>
>>33942031
Not him but penetration is a worry for me too, the way my house is set up I might end up destroying my computer monitor and/or printer if a round overpens.
>>
>>33942091
any round is probably going to do something like that regardless, long guns will just go through your neighbour's neighbour's house to boot
>>
>>33941608
In a home defense situation It comes down to what ever your conformable and confident with. But in combat I would have a rifle because if it's combat there is likely body armor involved. Personally I have a sig mpx pistol with a brace as my HD gun. But hanging with my vest is my tavor. (Inb4 meme gun). Both are very short and easy to move around but the mpx is lighter and handier.
>>
Maybe a M2 Browning or a DShK, couple of seconds on full auto and there won't be any more home invaders, or walls.
>>
>>33942091
5.56 rounds penetrate less through common housing materials than handgun rounds, buck shot, or 7.62x39
>>
>>33942303
I'm not worried about over penetration. The mpx is like pointing a toy. It's light and short and I can keep it suppressed. No time for ear pro when someone is kicking down your door. Guns are loud.
>>
>>33942356
If it's a life or death situation I'm more concerned about living than about not making my ears ring for a few minutes.
>>
>>33942360
Me too for sure. But why potentially permanently damage my already shitty ears if I don't have to?
>>
>>33942356
?

the poster i responded to was specifically talking about not wanting to accidentally his computer through a wall. But yea, subsonic 9mm is much less unpleasant without ear pro than 5.56 or even 40/45
>>
>>33942371
Are you saying that firing a few shots from an AK or AR without ear pro is going to permafuck your hearing?
>>
>>33941608
what about a flamethrower?
>no worries about hearing damage or over penetration
>negates body armor by setting them on fire
>aiming is a non issue, its like watering the lawn with a super soaker.
>can handle multiple assailants by simply having a singular fuel tank (lasts approx. 20 seconds, more than enough for any HD scenario)
literally the only problem is burning your house down. but if you carried an extinguisher too that'd solve that problem.
How would it look in court? Could someone get away with castle doctrine and a flame thrower?
>>
>>33942383
You have obviously never fired a rifle in a house without ear pro. It's physically painful. So yes that's absolutely what I'm saying
>>
>>33942444
I mean look at this baby, costs less than a Benelli semi auto, completely unregulated in all states except Maryland or Cali. I really am considering it as my go to HD because I'm deathly afraid of hearing damage. It'd probably scare any assailants or their friends from wanting to come back for revenge too.
>>
I have my AR loaded up with Winchester PDX1s for HD.

It might be a bit overkill for a small house but my rationale is that the AR is the gun I'm most comfortable with. I can reliably put a baseball sized grouping in at 25 yards standing with iron sights, and the ghost ring is easiest to see in low light vision. I don't have the time or money to train with a handgun every day, and I don't own a shotty yet but I don't like the idea of having to rack a shell after each shot. I like having something that can be ready to go in the flip of a switch (I keep a round chambered with the safety on) and is quick to acquire sights.

I plan on one day getting a 9mm AR SBR. That to me is the end all be all of HD weapons, but for now I'll just stick with my carbine length AR and deal with the hearing loss god forbid I ever have to use it.
>>
>>33942383
Besides. If someone kicks my door in at 3am and I jump out of bed to grab my gun I need to stay focused and be as sharp as possible in that situation. So why not hedge my bets by having less destractions
>>
>>33942444
>literally the only problem is burning your house down. but if you carried an extinguisher too that'd solve that problem
I don't think a fire extinguisher would solve your problem, bro. You'd shoot the flamethrower at the intruders. they would catch on fire, the carpet would catch on fire, the walls would catch on fire, any curtains would catch on fire, and you'd choke to death on the smoke long before you could grab a fire extinguisher and attempt to put out your now fully engulfed and burning house.
>>
>>33942465
Yeah but what about outside? When people go shoot their rifles innadesert it's not like they all wear earpro
>>
>>33942465
>You have obviously never fired a rifle in a house without ear pro.
Have you?
>>
>>33941608
Full sized handgun with factory 30 round mag and an underlug flashlight.

Short of that, an SBR.
>>
>>33941608
22 with a 10 inch barrel and huge magazine. I want a bullet hose that's easy to control.
>>
File: IMG_9459.jpg (3MB, 2484x3312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9459.jpg
3MB, 2484x3312px
>saving the thumbnail
>>
>>33942688
I shoot in the woods and always wear ear pro. I don't know anyone that shoots regularly that doesn't.
>>
>>33943067
>posting the original
>>
>>33942759
>30 round handgun mag
Those exist?
>>33943057
What's a 22?
>>
>>33941608
Currently, I would say a shotgun, but if Jamals start buying plate it might be a good idea to switch to a rifle.
>>
>>33943447
>using your trip.
>>
>>33941608
An M16 is a broom in a room. Doesn't mean you can't sweep with it effectively. Done it many times in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A Rifle is a multiple tool. Master of nothing, capable of anything.
>>
>>33941608
AR pistol with 77gr tmk's
>>
>>33941608

AR in 556
Round is small enough not to have to worry about over penetration.
AR is recognizable and people with just pistols have been known to stand down even in groups to an AR.
30 rounds is better than 29 rounds
ARs are also very modular, so you can make them custom fit to your house/property

AK in 762 will go through bad guys and house
shotgun is just fucking retarded
pistols if AR pistol
>>
>>33941608

Is the invader trained or anything, or is he also untrained, slightly overweight, and way overconfident of how he's going to do in this situation?
>>
>>33941686
nuke
>>
Protip: you dont want to clear rooms with a non SBR or SBS or really at all. Shit's awkward AF if you have any weird corners to cut, fatal funnels, or just a floor plan that isn't super open anyone lying in ambush will have a pretty great advantage over you.

TBQH this isn't really a problem anyways as clearing a house under anything but select circumstances is pants-on-head retarded. Unless you hear a family member in trouble in another part of your house you should set up an ambush and lie in wait.

That being said i think that AR's and AK's are better for cutting corners given their slightly lower OAL and the fact that their lesser recoil(compared to a shotty) makes it easier to come around corners with a modified grip similar to that used by MG carriers when they have to clear a room. If done properly you really don't stick much more out around the corner than a handgun does and you have a lot more firepower on tap
>>
>>33942688

If you're talking about or soldiers fighting in the middle east, they actually do.

If you're talking about people who don't have a range near them and so have to go out in the middle of nowhere to shoot... most of them do too. Unless they're retarded.
>>
File: cartridges.jpg (248KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
cartridges.jpg
248KB, 750x709px
>>33943468

Are you new to guns, anon? Not ripping, just curious.

You can get extended magazines for most handguns. They make 100 round magazines for 9mm Glocks.

A 22 is referring to a rifle chambered in .22 long rifle. Pic related, it's the top leftmost bullet. They're small rounds, not very powerful, but they'll still put a hole in something and they don't make the gun kick hardly at all.
>>
Would a 9mm SBR or even just a "pistol" like a Scorpion Evo or MPX make for a good home defense gun if I'm worried about hurting my neighbors with penetration? I know an AR15 is ultimately more effective, but I'm not trying to compare the two.
>>
>>33941909
Typical recommended ammo is gold tiger but would rather use hornady in a house or apt. Gt is more for shtf and range/general use bc of cost vs consistency. I'm sure there are other hp that are decent for hd due to rising popularity of aks but that is what I'm zeroed for and it seems decent plus it's easy to find at my local stores
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.