[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle East Thread "DAMASCUS-BAGDAQD ROAD EDITION"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 34

File: Buss.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Buss.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
Heavily laden BMФ BSFЧФ Ropucha class LSTM Yamal 156 transited Bosphorus en route to Tartus for its 6th Syria deployment in 2017 .

Syrian army attempt to repel an attack by insurgents on its positions on the road Khanasser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbbfJ9V84Q
>>
File: FW.jpg (76KB, 546x960px) Image search: [Google]
FW.jpg
76KB, 546x960px
>>
File: KupiTartus.jpg (86KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
KupiTartus.jpg
86KB, 960x678px
>>
>>33939821

One of the buses were marked with big letters in the front...."Noplan". That is promising.
>>
File: MacaAriana.jpg (208KB, 1200x1178px) Image search: [Google]
MacaAriana.jpg
208KB, 1200x1178px
Deliveries of Russian arms to Syria occur within the legal cooperation between the national authorities and in parallel with the active political efforts to resolve.

This was announced on Friday, RIA Novosti's director of non-proliferation and control of the Russian Foreign Ministry Mikhail Ulyanov arms.

Previously, Fox News Channel reported sending Russia to Syria about 20 M-30 howitzers. Such instruments already in service with the Syrian army is stored in the Russian Federation.

According to the source, the Western media is "very artificially sharpen the question, nothing dramatic in military supplies to Syria, no, they did not begin today or yesterday, and probably will continue."

"This is a completely legitimate military-technical cooperation between the legal authorities of the two countries. No restrictions, no arms embargo by the UN against Syria is not ", - said Ulyanov.

He also drew attention to the fact that the arms supplies to Syria, "combined with the active political efforts to resolve the situation."

"Recently, a significant step in this direction was made in Astana. So any hysteria on this subject should be taken as part of the information war, which is carried out against the Russian Federation ", - he concluded the diplomat.
>>
>>33940673

It's not like I can tell every helicopter model from another, never mind from miles away. But those sure look like Huey Bells to me.
>>
>>33940708
They're Iranian.
>>
>>33940771

I know the Iranians have had a bunch of them. But then where is the picture taken? There's been so many events in the Syria campaign that it may well have eluded me, but I can't recall the Iranians operating their airforce there other than perhaps brief missions.
>>
predictions about raqqa's "liberation"?
will it be harder than mossul, or the sdf with the west SF will perform better?
>>
>>33941940

It will be full of civilians in every house, making aerial and artillery support almost useless for an army that has to abide by 'civilized' rules. And there aren't anywhere to run, not openly anyway. The real fight will be fought in the tunnel system underneath; freed areas will see ISIS units pop up days, weeks after they were liberated. SDF has time though and the ISIS are almost out of it.
>>
File: C_pu8vRXsAAqNN_.jpg (48KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
C_pu8vRXsAAqNN_.jpg
48KB, 1080x810px
Nobody's going to point out that the Tiger Forces finally made it into the Jirah airbase?

https://twitter.com/MIG29_/status/863124933836234752
>>
out of left field:

anyone know if syrian railways is still running?
>>
>>33944435
Much of the system were shut during the first few years as railway is extremely easy to damage, but parts of it that are well behind frontlines had been put back to use very recently, specifically the Tartus-Homs line, the Tartus-Jablah line, and most recently the Aleppo line a few months back.
>>
>>33944765

thanks for the answer
>>
>>33940673
muffled it aint me starts playing*
>>
>>33939821
bump....also...how mad will the kurds be if they dont get a country after all this shit?
>>
>>33944297
Inshallah
>>
File: 1474792622068.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474792622068.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
>Turkish PM to BBC: We're not going to declare war on the U.S
>https://twitter.com/MhmtSlmz/status/863108069768736768

phew, we really dodged a bullet there bros. . .
>>
File: StumpRo.jpg (32KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
StumpRo.jpg
32KB, 600x338px
>>33946425
>>
File: 14944779898350.png (84KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14944779898350.png
84KB, 1280x960px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57fm-VauEj8
>>
File: TRUMP-JEW-TRAITOR-ART.jpg (97KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP-JEW-TRAITOR-ART.jpg
97KB, 650x500px
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/12/us-saudi-arabia-arms-deal-donald-trump-visit
>>
>>33945570

I will be surprised if anyone in the kurd leadership actually expected to get one. They have been pushing for self government of their own areas all along, like in Iraq. The last thing they need is an entirely new set of enemies.
>>
>>33947002
Agreed, the best outcome is a high degree of autonomy within Syria so they remain somewhat shielded from Turkey. If they went entirely their own way they'd just get steamrolled, within Syria there's a few limits on what Turkey can do without risking pissing of the Russians, ie a full blown invasion/annexing of northern Syria might just be taken as enough of a threat to Assad that Russia would feel obliged to interveen.

Don't get me wrong the Kurds have been some of the best fighters over the course of this ride, but in a straight fight with Turkey with no outside help (ie no USAF providing CAS) and whilst trying to be a nation themselves they'd get fucking rekt.
>>
File: 77516903.jpg (150KB, 641x405px) Image search: [Google]
77516903.jpg
150KB, 641x405px
Islamic State fighter with fresh supply drop from Qatar

>cant wait for battle of raqqa
>>
File: FT.jpg (921KB, 1400x974px) Image search: [Google]
FT.jpg
921KB, 1400x974px
SA16 looted by erdogoats from a PKK-cave

>looks like it where there since 1995
>>
>>33947046

Also there is the fact that kurd territory goes somewhat along tribal border lines. The other tribes might not mind that the SDF comes along to kick ISIS butt, but that does not mean they would accept kurd rulership once things get peaceful again. Back in Iraq the kurd pattern has been to allow refugees into their territories, but not to let them take over or establish new villages on the border line. And to the best of my knowledge the kurds have not kept won territory that they did not already have a tribal presence in or had controlled until fairly recently.

And I know, kurds are a huge tribe spread over at least four countries - five? - with separate political leadership and military organizations each. But they seem pretty coherent in philosophies and methods.
>>
SOHR claims that SAA have taken back an airport east in Aleppo, that the ISIS have held for the last three years.
>>
philippines sends warships towards chinese fleet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lKZK9gyrWY
>>
File: 1222176805455.jpg (151KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
1222176805455.jpg
151KB, 550x500px
$600 BILLION per year to the Pentagoons for defence, & it takes SIX weeks to clear #Tabqa of 70 ISIS rats‼

>Ouch
>>
Question for those of you who cheer for the Assad/SAA faction, or at least know them well. What is their stance on YPG/SDF/kurds in general?
>>
File: QabunW.jpg (148KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
QabunW.jpg
148KB, 960x720px
>>33947550

>eventually they will be dealt with
>>
>>33947575

So working something out for a long term peaceful solution is not even an option? I'm not trying to win a discussion here, I just want to understand the mind set.
>>
>>33947550
They've been on good terms in the past, and cooperated in places where it was beneficial to both sides, they've also been in open conflict with each other as well at other times. More recently they haven't really had much involvement with each other so far as I can tell as they've been busy on their seperate fronts, what the relationship will be like at such time as IS and the other '''moderate''' beheaders are defeated so far as being large territory-holding standing forces is concerned and they come to talking about that What Next is still anyones guess.
>>
Kashmir's getting hotter. Indian and Pakistani units had a firefight today. Two civilians dead and six wounded. No info on whether the wounded were also civilian.
>>
File: 1461062260001.png (43KB, 174x175px) Image search: [Google]
1461062260001.png
43KB, 174x175px
>>33947611

>brute force is only solution in this IQ range
>>
What is left of the Al Quiada presence in Syria?
>>
>>33947611
>7611▶>>33947664
>>>33947575
Do you believe you can achieve peaceful solution with Kurds?

8% of population is occupying 1/3 of Syria at the moment (Kurds )

They are shameless land grabers

Kurds dont understand anything other then force unfortunately , they started cooperating the moment Turks were about to roll over them .
>>
>>33948024

I don't believe it would be wise of kurds after peace is declared to hold on to territory they have not traditionally held, no. You do not build the foundations for peace by guaranteeing war.
>>
>>33947611
There is zero reason for Assad to make any deal with Kurds. Right now in Syrian Kurds control most of the oil and major agricultural land so there is a reason to take them out. On the other hand, the only protection they have is US. So the question is, for how long can US protect the Kurds when we consider the geopolitical situation? Turks want them dead and Damascus- Baghdad - Tehran are part of the same block that has nothing to gain from making deals with Kurds since they can simply take over from the Kurds. What happens to Rojave when all their borders get closed and they get to experience full self sufficiency. Not that I think that will happen but I since it is a credible threat Assad will force concessions from them. It will probably start with SAA taking over the border areas to protect from Turks, than take over majority of oil revenue through export-transport fees, than police, judiciary, until there is nothing left.

KRG doesn't risk that because they made deals with Turkey and therefor not fully dependent on Baghdad, but even there there is a good chance of future war, if KRG goes for independence with Kirkuk.

Also there is no way Iran is going to tolerate another US puppet in ME, especially if they can do anything about it.
>>
>>33948117
Yeah, but Kurds are the only ones that can fight.

Maybe the SAA could deal with them, but they'd have to let up on the FSA and Al-Nusra to do it.
>>
>>33948117

I have the impression that Putin has been favorable to the kurds in Syria too, though? Won't that affect Assads choices?
>>
>>33948117
Some US official said apparently to Turks that once Raqqa is taken US friendship with Kurds eneds.

How true that is I dont know ,but seems very plausible.

Also there are plans for Kurds to hand over Raqqa to syrian government which will happen for sure if they lose US support.

I think US came to realization that they lost Syria for now , and once FSA was crushed they lost the war and switching to Kurds was just a bet on a wrong horse.
>>
>>33948144
Only with USAF CAS.

Also I am talking about after the rebels are gone.

>>33948166
Since I am talking about after rebels are gone, I don't see it. Right now Assad needs Putin to survive, but once the rebels are gone there will be nothing to threaten Assad except his own regime, and there Iran is significantly more embedded than Russians. Plus Putin also doesn't have much of a choice. If Assad goes after the Kurds what can Putin do?
>>
>>33948186

It's hard to see what plans the US ever had in Syria. Obama didn't want to put American boots on the ground there or anywhere else, and also didn't want to support the kurds too much because it would piss off the Turks. Trump's only plan, as far as I can see one, is to back the winning horse and score some easy political points at home. I really can't see what hope US has of winning a real foothold in Syria now.
>>
>>33948024
>>33948117
Right now the Kurds hold a fuckload of land because the SAA can't, they don't even want a bunch it but are being pushed to go there as the only capable party, ie the entire southern excursion towards Raqqa. Them holding onto everything they have now is never going to be on the table.

>>33948144
The What Now between Assad and Kurds is only going to be a question once those are dealt with, at least so far as being reduced to insurgencies at least. At that time the SAA would notionally have a significant % of its force avaliable to go buttfuck Kurds if that ends up being the chosen route.

>>33948166
For now they are useful to Russia so they get some support, that wont last forever. The same applies to US support as well. Right now they're in the amazing position of having backing from 2 major powers, but as soon as they're no longer useful to those powers they'll get dropped, which is why it's all about them being able to negotiate a settlement with Assad if they want any sort of decent future. Going on their own without big friends they'll get fucked senseless from all sides.

>>33948186
I doubt quite that soon, they'll want them to stick around until both IS are entirely reduced from being a large standing force, and until someone not-IS can take over, which the US is most likely going to have to begrudgingly accept being SAA. But for sure everything the Kurds have taken in their big push south will be handed back, the only reason they've gone there at all has been the US pushing for it to create another front for IS to face.
>>
>>33948218

As far as I can tell, Putin is the only thing holding Assad floating. If the russians simply pull out along with their pilots and planes and technicians I don't see what Assad has left. So why would Assad risk it?
>>
>>33948186
Obama fucked up. While he was discussing if there were people willing to be friendly with US, Saudis and Qataris moved in and provided support to Islamists. So on one side there were FSA leaders that wanted to be friends with US first, they had no money or guns, and on the other side there were Islamists that had guns and money. Its no surprise Islamists became dominant. The problem was evident from the start, US was unwilling to become involved. The Turks tried supporting FSA units exclusively at the start but couldn't match the Saudi and Qatari support.
>>
>>33948232
Who is the winning horse? Nobody will let ISIS win, and Russia will not let the Syrian army be defeated. That makes Assad seem like the inevitable winner.
>>
>>33948251
Because everything I wrote is after the rebels are finished. Assad won't do anything to Kurds until after the rebels are gone. Without rebels, in a Syria with only Assad and Kurds, Assad doesn't need Russians to survive. Without rebels the only real threat to Assad will be a coup and the only external country that could coup Assad would be Iranians. You can see this in the pattern of support. Russians support for Assad goes through Assad and other leading elements of the regime, top down. Iranians on the other hand support Assad by arming, training numerous militias thereby ensuring that their presence in Syria from the ground up.
>>
>>33948290
The war is obvsiouly over and Assad won in terms that he will stay no matter what , question if he will reclaim whole Syria.
>>
>>33948290

Yes. Assad is the projected winner, in that he will get most of the control back over the country. The kurds will win too, in that they will get back what they lost to ISIS. Also they will have won much international recognition that was not there before, and that will have bonuses in the near future at least. I firmly believe that the SDF will be seen as the military winners. And that has value to Trump, and to other countries that backed them up even a little for the duration.
>>
File: C_t61eZXUAAaXpo.jpg (180KB, 960x688px) Image search: [Google]
C_t61eZXUAAaXpo.jpg
180KB, 960x688px
Echoing the SAA capture of Jirah airbase and surrounding area. IS on the run again. Also they captured most of Qabon, eastern Ghouta. Map of SDF/YPG advances near Raqqa. Step just reported a VBIED near the new SDF positions 4km from the city.

During all this the only area IS has held out is ...surprise by the Palmyra silos. Fighting has been ongoing there with little movement from either side. That's about it for today. On Sunday i'm watching for SAA moving on NSA/NFSA in southern Syria desert, SAA reinforcements to Deir Ezzor. Possible renewed fighting on the outskirts of the Afrin canton.
>>
West Mosul - thursday, 20.000 civilians fled. The day before, 3.000. I am guessing the ISIS are running out of ways to keep the locals in check.
>>
>>33947046
Turkey steamrolling them would be just the beginning. They will be able to deploy their forces but after that a long distabilizing guerilla war with international pressure will kill their economy.
>>
>>33948317
>after the rebels are finished
>implying this is ever going to happen
>>
>>33949256

Remind me again of how many per cent of the country is still in combined rebel hands? Sure there are months of fighting ahead, maybe half a year. But the ISIS don't have long left and of the rest, we keep mostly hearing of this and that faction being bused out and separating toward a few rural stronghold. There's no way this can turn now unless some big neighbor country steps in. And those who did not do that a year ago won't be doing it now.
>>
>>33949322
Pretty sure that what also being said during the iraqi summer of 2003
>>
>>33949215
If Turks do go in, it will be short and bloody. Turks do have experience with large scale operations in N. Iraq. In Syria it would be much easier for Turks to achieve their objectives, which would mostly consist of killing any PYD member they can find, destroying any and all infrastructure and sending the entire area as far back into the past as possible. If it does go down, there won't be any guerrilla war or time for sanctions before Turks pull back across the border.
>>
>>33950358
More like the Iraq in 2008/2009.

For a good year IS has witnessed major retreats to the north by the SDF and OIR, and has at best been stalled on western fronts by the SAA, RuAF and NFSA.

What happens after IS is pushed way out into the eastern deserts could play out either way though.
>>
>>33946995
Wait a second. Didn't Trump campaign on the "give the Saudis the finger and cut them off" pledge? The fuck is he doing giving those Wahhabi asskissers more military aid?
>>
inb4 >neocons

But what do you think of this article about Rouhani?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-man-and-the-myth/article/796083

How much do you guys think they're working with the Iranians?
>>
File: 1483962820582.jpg (65KB, 680x786px) Image search: [Google]
1483962820582.jpg
65KB, 680x786px
>>33953224
reneging on his campaign promises again
>>
Rebels = cucked
>>
>>33953224
Well he has said a lot of nice things during the campaign. Things that no-one but the most thick-headed Trumpist would believe doable given how politics work.
Stuff like the Wall and it being paid by Mexico, pulling out of the Paris accords, jailing HER!!!!,
Empty the Swamp and so on.
>>
A while back I heard many anons saying the SAA couldn't do multiplr operations successfully.

Hama, Jirah, Near Palmyra, Desert shenanigans against NFSA, Bazreh/Qaboun.
>>
>>33956177
Tbf, $100 billion arms deals with Saudi Arabia while it pulls a Crimea in Yemen is about as neo-con as it gets.
>>
>>33956179
That's because a while back they couldn't. At their worst time they could only lose slower wherever they focussed resources whilst everywhere else collapsed, then they began to be able to have one front make slow progress when focused on, still with everywhere else being a disaster. The grand Aleppo happening was the big win and turning point for the SAA, they managed to not only have a successful large (for this conflict) operation but also didn't lose too badly elsewhere at the same time, and since then as suspected there's been considerable numbers of men and equipment freed up from the area to redeploy elsewhere. As time has progressed each enclave that collapsed freed up more and more resources to be pushed elsewhere, accelerating the domino effect each time.
>>
>>33956183
Fair point.

I'm more entertained by the die hards going "any day now...MAGA any day now...the..the wall is coming, right??" with more and more concern in their voices. A bit like the leftists chanting CHANGE!!!! during Obama
>>
File: 66889425.jpg (99KB, 546x859px) Image search: [Google]
66889425.jpg
99KB, 546x859px
>its only fleshwound
>>
>>33956236
and for east ghouta this effect will probably be amplified. All the shit that was stationed around qaboun will get relocated to the east ghouta pocket i assume
>>
Al Quaboon, on the edge of Damascus, has today seen rebels and civilians leaving. At least 20 buses and other vehicles have been involved. This according to SOHR. SAA took most of the area yesterday.
>>
File: Drumf.png (152KB, 574x601px) Image search: [Google]
Drumf.png
152KB, 574x601px
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/heres-why-us-special-forces-want-russian-machine-guns-20642
>>
>>33956177
I expected him to soften his stance after holding office, but this Saudi deal is the total opposite of what he promised in the campaign. Bet the people voting for him for that must look like real suckers now.

>>33956287
As an outsider this is equally entertaining to me. And we're only just over half a year into his term.
>>
>>33947970
Mostly in the form of the Nusra Front/HTS. They're only AQ affiliates but the HTS still maintain ties with AQ.

AQ's core leadership probably moved on to supporting other jihadi groups in ME, most likely in Yemen.
>>
>>33957009
>http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/heres-why-us-special-forces-want-russian-machine-guns-20642

I don't see anything wrong with this. There are political issues at home with seeing first class American weapons in the hands of peasants and bedouins, while at the same time there is a strategical incentive for arming the same. And the voters are so gullible that they buy it. Go ahead, there's even a bonus for the employment numbers and more importantly there's more pork to give to the weapon manufacturing companies in the loyal congressmen's districts. I can literally not see a downside to this.
>>
>>33957065

So the AQ has moved on to where the money is? How much is left of Nusra/HTS, a couple of hundred men? What areas do they still hold?
>>
Can anyone explain what the fuck is happening in yemen right now? Read a week or so ago that now there's a new faction with the southern coalition and that AQ fights with the saudis?
>>
>>33957224
HTS is arguably the strongest faction in idlib
>>
>>33957232

How are relations between HTS and Turkey? I have been of the impression that Erdogan has had his eye on Idlib for a while.
>>
>>33957285
No idea. Officially there never was any support for al nusra of course, the relabeling changed nothing about that. There was however support for groups that merged with them to form HTS, nour ad din al zenki comes to mind (they even had US support at some point). How it's looking now, no idea.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (4KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
4KB, 196x110px
potential for a new, bigger scaled conflict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU5AIaT4bBo

>balochistan. you ever heard about thiat? .
>>
>>33957551
https://youtu.be/lVnd8ZfqXSA
>>
>>33957551

Never heard of them until now. Took a peek at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balochistan_Liberation_Army
though. Can't say I feel much symphaty so far. Armed struggle against oppressors I can understand. Accepting money from foreign forces, well, that's normal. Hitting military targets is honorable enough. Hitting civilian unarmed targets by the dozens is not. But thinking they can take a chunk out of Pakistan these days is just silly, and taking hostages by the dozen then killing them off one by one are beyond a warrior creed. I didn't think I would side with Pakistan on anything ever but in this case I will.
>>
>>33957551
>>33957566
https://youtu.be/_OIa5Qg5eV8
>>
>>33957670
plus there is the pakistan-chinese trade deal. it could be india funds the balochistan movement.

by the way: I dont follow conflicts because of political or even so called religious reasons.
>>
File: 30.jpg (53KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
53KB, 800x450px
>>33957566
>>33957551
top: flag of balochistan
below: flag of kurdistan
>>
File: 1493782971317.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493782971317.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>33956183
I wouldn't want it any other way <3
>>
>>33957739

Fair enough. I would like to say the same; most of the conflicts in the world have little if anything to do with me. But my interest in any conflict setting goes way up when I can feel some sympathy with at least one side.

So what are the BLA worth beyond their capability to strike at minor enemy strongpoint? They have to have some tactical skills to leave that many uniformed bodies in their trail.
>>
>>33957037
>Bet the people voting for him for that must look like real suckers now
Well, even I agree on some of Trump's policies. Sometime you need to call a spade a spade, and all that. But having been here for the entire "Well, at least its not Killary, if she wins then its war with Russia and this and that".
Now, saying that the current conflicts that the US is involved with would not happen with her at the wheel is as stupid as Trumptards believing that fresh soviet milsurp would land on their door the day after the election and so on.
>>
File: bladerunner feel.png (435KB, 680x762px) Image search: [Google]
bladerunner feel.png
435KB, 680x762px
>>33958076
>believing that fresh soviet milsurp would land on their door the day after the election and so on.
We're still waiting
>>
File: C_uSytwWsAATU_o.jpg (23KB, 520x287px) Image search: [Google]
C_uSytwWsAATU_o.jpg
23KB, 520x287px
>>33956179
I think what the SAA is doing against NFSA/NSA is dangerous, not because they can't beat NFSA but because the area is a no mans land toward Al-Tanf. If there is one thing IS is good at it's desert raids and both the NFSA and SAA could be hit while they are fighting each other.
Pic is the 9K35 Strela-10 anti aircraft battery with the SAA in southern Syria. Prime target. Granted you have a point on everything else especially since Qabon fell today 99% of all recent SAA operations have been successful.

Other than this not much else today. Some heavy fighting reported in northern Raqqa as SDF/YPG have closed a wide net around the city. IS trying to counter attack in a panic.
>>
>>33956183
Saudis aren't trying to pull a Crimea in Yemen. What are you talking about? Yemen is even more complex than Syria with Saudis backing a "legitimate" president, half the country has been taken over by arms smuggling religious movement, the former president has thrown his lot in with the religious movement he had been fighting for a decade while in power and dragged his own army with him, these being the Yemeni republican guards who were commanded by his own son. Than there is AQAP that controls some territory but even that is because of tribal links between AQAP leaders and certain tribes in Yemen. Add to that the North-South division. And it's a fucking mess, it's game of thrones arab edition.
>>
>>33958161
Do you have anything on fighting between HTS and Ahrar al sham?
Have there been some intense clashes?
>>
>>33957224
There were probably never even a hundred AQ members in Syria. I mean real AQ, guys with training and connections, not locally recruited grunts. Hell, AQ is the most efficient PMC in the world. They send few dozen men and use their connections, training, experience and brand to set up local operations.
>>
>>33958303
well, hadi only got into power because of the saudis to begin with.

It's a wonderful clusterfuck, just sad that salehs republican guard ran out of SRBMs to play with
>>
>>33958303
Anons basic point about a Saudi Crimea is true. The Saudis will be in a forever war if they try to take over northern Yemen which they have attacked before and utterly failed at doing.
The war itself is more complex.
>>
>>33958319
No but that's what everyone is talking about. A coming civil war in Idlib with Turkey invading because of the ceasefire. I haven't seen any moves of this happening in the near future.
>>
File: advanceborder1.jpg (103KB, 1199x547px) Image search: [Google]
advanceborder1.jpg
103KB, 1199x547px
#SyrianArmy is 25 Km away from the important al Tanaf border crossing with #Iraq. Recall this was where so-called New Syrian Army was born

They're right here( cross ). Which means they captured 2 FSA barriers & an US vehicle base (which is 5km west of this cross).
>>
>>33958563
no official confirmations atm

https://twitter.com/EHSANI22
>>
File: TO24.jpg (169KB, 1518x1065px) Image search: [Google]
TO24.jpg
169KB, 1518x1065px
Russian Colonel Evgeny Petrenko
>>
>>33959061

Who is the executioner?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 336x188px
>>33958075
they fight since 2004.

Video of attack by Baloch Liberation Army on Pakistani Airport radar system in Jewani near Gwadar
https://youtu.be/4aauykL7TJU

Attack on Chinese engineers and Pakistani security forces in Margat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP-zysmFAWE

oldschool IED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGOWzxagPKw

Paki Prisoners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R47229MUAx4
>>
>>33959093

Steve Aoki
>>
>>33959061
Where did they find him?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 336x188px
>>33959210
in 2017 they changed from taliban look to more Guerillia style. which fits them more.

https://youtu.be/16XPtGhXczc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_GWjUFtcFI
>>
>>33959391
I think it hasn't been confirmed the video is real (as in, the dude is actually a FSB guy).
>>
>>33959061
>>33959093
>>33959640
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-beheads-russian-intelligence-officer-10385709
>>
>>33939821
>ISIS says it discovered new ancient ruins in al-Salhiyah, Albukamal. (Dura-Europos ruins). Statues destroyed

cunts.
>>
>>33959922

They caught a spy and they executed him. Since this is the ISIS, they went for the gory method. I want to know the executioner's name because when he eventually turns up in my country claiming asylum because of political persecution, it will be that little bit easier to find him. No, seriously. Ten years after the Rwanda war we were still weeding out war criminials from our ranks of social security receivers. So he'll shave, practice that hurt look and slide right in here - unless someone recognizes his name or face. So I am asking.
>>
Is there any chance of a US SF vs SAA confrontation in the southern syria, near the iraki border?
>>
>>33962370

Why would there be one? The USSF are there for the ISIS and whoever else fight the SDF they are supporting. Meanwhile the SAA gets to stamp out all their other local opposition. It's not as if anyone thinks the Americans are there to stay, least of all themselves.
>>
>>33962370
yes

probly not intentional ,but theres quite few americans there

#Syria #EasternSyria Unconfirmed Reports American & British Forces & Maghawir al-Thawra enter #Syrian Humaymiyeh Area 90 KM East of #Palmyra
>>
File: repoertusbritfgorces.jpg (27KB, 427x232px) Image search: [Google]
repoertusbritfgorces.jpg
27KB, 427x232px
>>33962506
>>
File: 1480237127539.jpg (240KB, 1656x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1480237127539.jpg
240KB, 1656x1009px
>syaaf being in charge of resupply:

https://twitter.com/CT_operative/status/863748425258598400
>>
>>33963218
For how many years they've been doing it you'd think they would have a routine spot they drop everything but I guess mistakes happen
>>
>>33957551
>>33957566
>>33957670
>>33957695
>>33957739
>>33957969
nuclear war 2...brown people boogaloo edition....oh shit
>>
>>33957009
7.62 NATO PKM when? PKM vs M240L trials when?

The paranoid part of me thinks that this is an excellent ploy to build weapons to arm future US conscripts in the event the armed forces are expanded via the draft. Have simple functional weapons for conscripts, and keep the legacy weapons for the professionals.
>>
File: 1487646387916.png (721KB, 830x987px) Image search: [Google]
1487646387916.png
721KB, 830x987px
>The Syrian branch of al-Qaeda, currently calling itself Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), has succeeded in getting itself off Canada's list of designated terrorist entities following its latest identity shift.

>http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/terror-list-omission-1.4114621
>>
>>33949075
you do realize that ISIS holds on to those civilians so they can let them out strategically
ie. holding up advancing forces that have to deal with the refugees, or even escaping by infiltrating with the refugees themselves. Theres a reason most of the refugees that've come out of Mosul have come out in sudden big waves. its a good tactic on there behalf desu
>>
>>33963908
If nuclear war were to happen it would more likely happen locally and in a very limited scale between Pakistan and India or, even more remotely, Iran and Saudi Arabia (since they can procure nuclear weapons from Pakistan through a defense agreement). Knowing these dumbasses and their nuke build quality though, you might be looking at more spread fallout from more ground-burst explosions than expected.
>>
>>33947575
Wtf are those synthol arms
>>
>>33966023
lolololoolol
>>
File: C_PfmNzW0AA8r5U.jpg (96KB, 740x476px) Image search: [Google]
C_PfmNzW0AA8r5U.jpg
96KB, 740x476px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIhZEQaKtME

Cleaning CIA trash on the eastern border of Suwaida.
>>
>>33967748

So how did the cleaning go? I saw a rusty old T-55 and a BMP-1 (or something similar) fire at a hill and what was possibly a car and a tent. Did they hit anything?
>>
>>33967852
this is how cleaning is going

Unconfirmed : the #FSA militias about to retreat from #AlTanaf

https://twitter.com/WaelHussaini/status/864090006704590851
>>
File: C_3esXjXoAAvu58.jpg (38KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
C_3esXjXoAAvu58.jpg
38KB, 480x640px
>>33968222
>https://twitter.com/Raqqa_SL/status/864015819067584512
>https://twitter.com/Raqqa_SL/status/864091571033186304
>Raqqa is flooded again after IS opens the floodgates at the Ba'ath Dam, downstream from the Tabqa Dam, likely to fool the population into thinking the Tabqa Dam they lost or Ba'ath Dam was breached by the SDF or OIR airstrikes
>Some Twitter nobody falls for the ploy and tells the account to be "truthful" despite no news that any dam along the river was breached
>That utter delusion

Fucking kek.
>>
>>33959061

Honestly, serves him right for surrendering like a bitch.

Anyone who surrenders in battle deserves a decapitation.
>>
>>33968417
thats checen from HTS that ISIS caught
>>
SOHR claims that US-led air attacks on ISIS-held Albu Kamal and Raqqa has killed 35 civilians.

No word on how many ISIS members were killed during the raids.
>>
File: Kamgz.jpg (119KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kamgz.jpg
119KB, 675x1200px
WE WUZ KURDZ N SHIET, NIGGA.
>>
>>33963937
Poles make 7.62 nato PKM
>>
US is claiming the Assad regime of mass executions and burning the bodies to cover it up:

https://apnews.com/46e97ee9bfcd4023a1e66438cd59b32c/US-accuses-Syria-of-mass-executions-and-burning-the-bodies?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP
>>
File: TigreSpec.jpg (57KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
TigreSpec.jpg
57KB, 540x960px
>>
>>33968441
There is a lot of things going on around Deir Ezzor. NSA/NFSA supposedly was going to attack toward Albu Kamal but whatever happened there was little ground movement. Also SAA brought in huge reinforcements to brigade 137th, Deir Ezzor. Part of their overall lavender campaign from taking Jirah airbase to rural areas in eastern Homs. Heavy IS shelling reported on Harabesh. Should be fun to watch.

>>33969065
Oy vey, muh 6 million sunnis
>>
>>33947424
what scope/optic is that? nv?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NBprpbEieI
>>
Well, the big story of the day is Assads combined prison and crematorium. I am not entirely sure what is going on here. I mean, the state of the Syrian justice system isn't exactly news. But why is the Trump govt doing a runner with this one right now? Are they looking for an excuse for an about turn on Assad, did someone in CIA or NSA put pie in Trumps face, or did Ivanka yell at daddy again?
>>
>>33969065
They've been doing this shit since the 80s, surprises no one

One of the things I was most curious about was if the regime ever fell just the amount of shit people would literally dig up out of the ground after almost half a century of dictatorship rule, Assad's daddy killed a LOT of people as well
>>
>>33939821
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ropucha-class_landing_ship

Huh, you'd think that they'd use better suited vessels for cargo hauling.
>>
>>33970373
So much for Trump's disengagement with ME affairs that doesn't directly concern America. It's almost like we never changed presidents.
>>
Is Globalsecurity down for anyone else?
>>
>>33972532

I guess we are up for some token bombing of airports again. Or some other suitable target that will look impressive but not have much real effect. What real estate is there, that won't have undesirable repercussion with other countries - some deserted army base maybe?
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.