[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of the Sten? If you could, would you buy one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0342.jpg (49KB, 784x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.jpg
49KB, 784x600px
What does /k/ think of the Sten? If you could, would you buy one?
>>
>>33939350
ONE, just ONE dust cover and all it's problems would've been fixed, but nooooooooooooo it was all "oi chaps ain't this exposed spring 'ere a bit of a jammin' risk? 'Naw mate just tell them not to throw it in the mud and it'll be fine."

I mean, a single, very thin, inexpensive piece of sheet metal was all it would've taken to make it good.

Also a little common sense to NOT HOLD IT BY THE GODDAMN MAGAZINE THAT MAKES IT JAM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33939383
We had this thread yesterday and you were BTFO in it. Why repeat the process?
>>
>>33939350
>If you could, would you buy one?
http://whatacountry.com/sten-mk3-parts-kit-t-stock-9mm-luger.aspx
>>
>>33939414
Who was? I'm not him
>>
>>33939416
I know of those. I may be acquiring a Longbranch parts build. But I'm curious if they're worth owning besides the novelty.
>>
>>33939350
I shot a full auto one once, was alright. If it was cheap I'd buy one.
>>
File: VG2.jpg (29KB, 1200x238px) Image search: [Google]
VG2.jpg
29KB, 1200x238px
>>33939350
I feel like the Brazilian "Uru" sub gun is a close cousin to this gun. They both had the bottom line and ease of production in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_dXVwZb33Q

Tbh I find shit like this pretty cool, hence why I'm a Forgotten Weapons fan boy. I love the idea of arming a shit load of people very quickly and cheaply- but still reasonably effectively. The late war Nazi weapons, and Arisakas fit the same theme.
>>
>>33939350
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey9lbCqVM_Q
Sure, why not.
>>
>>33939547
> shitty but lethal
>>
>>33939350
Elegant in their simplicity, and a real fun piece if you ever get to shoot one full-giggle.
>>
>>33939439
Besides a novelty? No. They're hideous, no ergos, crude, and an oversized 9mm pistol.

They have zero practicality without being full auto
>>
>>33939416

I have two Mk.3 and one Mk.2 parts kits. Got them back when they could be had for less than the price of a McDonald's value meal.
>>
>>33939573
And when they ARE full-auto?
>>
>>33939598
Then you have a light, simple, compact tube-gun 9mm select-fire SMG that's so turbo-simple it can even survive your average retard grunt. No good beyond 100m or so but that's hardly a concern.
It may shoot you in the face, FLQ Crisis-style, though. But that's Operator Error.
>>
File: Sten_lefty.jpg (2MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Sten_lefty.jpg
2MB, 1920x1440px
>>33939350
>If you could, would you buy one?
of course
>>
>>33939757
What kind of finish is that? Black paint?
>>
neat from an engineering perspective

>would you buy one
no, that grip/stock looks like absolute dick. I'd probably get a PPSh if I wanted a WWII subgun.
>>
>>33939483
Dude pretty much all open bolt blowback sub guns have ease of production in mind.
>>
Wide open action permitting the ingress of filth.
>>
>>33939350
Of course, an open bolt bullet hose is always fun.

Especially in 9mm--9mm is practically the new .22LR.
>>
If I didn't have to jump through hoops for sbr and full auto licensing I'd get one in a jiffy.
>>
>>33939350
Theres some guy on here whos been making a modern sten in 9mm with a vertical mag and modern mag acceptance out of shitty kits and has been fiddling around with going commercial and selling them. He got close to 1 MOA out of his most recent build, and last i heard was ready to go for real and might start selling them in a year or something.
>>
What about a "Holy fuck arm everyone with a AR15 as cheap as possible" rifle?
>Fixed sights.
>A plastic forgrip like the AUG.
>Just a metal L stock.
>>
>>33940929
Colt LE 6920s for everyone

Bushmasters and DPMS's for the masses?
>>
File: L2A2 Sterling.jpg (47KB, 1200x514px) Image search: [Google]
L2A2 Sterling.jpg
47KB, 1200x514px
imo the sterling is better
>>
>>33940296
yes
park first, then then black paint
>>
>>33939350
They were okay for an expedient war-time production SMG from a nation that was on the verge of being invaded, but once things had calm down the Sten had serious short comings.

If I could buy one pre-1986 prices, I would. But for the current situation, I wouldn't and probably buy a cheap assault rifle like a FNC or AC-556
>>
>>33939350
I would but I would trade it for a sterling in a second
>>
>>33939483
I keep thinking of taking an AK front trunnion, and somehow make a version of the VG2 around it.
>>
File: 1480121272922.png (991KB, 661x877px) Image search: [Google]
1480121272922.png
991KB, 661x877px
>>33939350
>if you could buy a full auto would you?
what the fuck do you think
>>
>>33940929
>If I'm a government

Get some metal stamping equipment, FNCs for everyone.

>if I'm an individual or a civilian group

PSA bargain bin
>>
>>33939350
Are we talking NFA here or not?
Because I CAN own one, I simply choose not to because paying $10,000 for $15 worth of metal and machining is fucking insane.
>>
>>33941187
Not just your opinion, mate, but actual fact.
>>
>>33939757
im sorry about your crippling disabilty

remember /k/, donate to the national left handers association, important for the continuing wellbeing of folks like ian from forgotten weapons and this dude
>>
>>33939757
You should call it the SiniSten.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.