[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.22 MP5 Replica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7083.jpg (50KB, 900x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7083.jpg
50KB, 900x309px
Anyone here have experience with one of these? Are they any good? They're really cheap and I'm strongly considering buying one as my first rifle
>>
>>33939188
Don't
Just get a 10/22 if you want a semi auto .22lr rifle. These are gimmicky and tend to have issues
>>
File: 051220171340.jpg (1MB, 1680x4432px) Image search: [Google]
051220171340.jpg
1MB, 1680x4432px
>>33939188
I own the Walther HK licensed replica HK MP5A5.

It has a couple advantages over the 10/22
Mags are easier to load and are lighter than the BX25 mags (they also have a cutout so you can see how many rounds are left)
Has last round bolt hold open
>that HK slap

It's a bit heavier than the 10/22, so it has even less recoil (if that's possible) and I like the HK style drum sights

It is a bitch to thoroughly clean though. You're also not supposed to ever take it apart the whole way (Which I have unwisely done, and my god getting it back together was a complete BITCH)

It also has very little aftermarket support.

If I could do it over again, I would buy a 10/22 since that's what the rest of my family has.

If that was not a concern I would stick with the HK MP5A5. It's been utterly reliable without a single jam in 5k plus rounds.

I cannot speak to the reliability of the GSG 22lr MP5 clones.

I'm thinking about getting a Ruger Charger and fitting it with a stabilizing brace, but I'm unlikely to sell my little MP5A5. It's been reliable, fun, and it looks like an MP5 - something I'm unlikely to ever actually buy.

So, in short.

If you're looking to buy something that LOOKS tacticool and aren't planning on modifying it, and you're not worried about sharing mags or anything like that - go for it. You will not regret it.

It is certainly cheaper than buying a 10/22 and making it look like an AR.
>>
>>33939188
Again, I don't know anything about the GSG sport guns, but if they're super cheap I would go with a 10/22 instead. Either buy the HK licensed walther replica (which I did) or stick with the 10/22.

Also if you buy the MP5A5 Walther replica, DON'T FUCKING DISASSEMBLE BEYOND WHAT THEY RECOMMEND. It voids your warranty for one, and putting it back together is a bitch and a half.
>>
Everyone talks shit in the gsg but they are a ton of fun. Ive never had an issue with mine running CCI
>>
>>33939188
>>33939663
I own the walther .22 UZI and the MP5, they're fun range toys, I'd recommend them for a novelty but not for much else.
>>
>>33939188
Had a gsg when they first came out. Put about 2000 rounds through it before a misfire that basically welded a piece of the round to the inside of the barrel. No fucking clue what happened. Took a heated rod to and some time to remove it. It was fun while it lasted. Nothing more than a novelty firearm. Guy above is totally correct about it not being designed to be totally taken apart.
>>
File: 1477120545149.jpg (278KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477120545149.jpg
278KB, 800x600px
>>33939188
My GSG 522 cracked, see pic related, it still worked fine though. They're also kind of a pain to disassemble since they require a screwdriver to remove the "pins" holding it together, but those fake pins can be replaced with the actual HK pins, I ordered some from RTG. The GSG doesn't do anything a 10/22 doesn't other than have muh HK slap and look cool.
>>
>>33940145
Forgot to mention I ended up selling it.
>>
File: IMG_5003.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5003.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I bought a GSG for my girlfriend it's a lotta fun to shoot. It's a pretty sexy looking gun.
>>
>>33939663
>>33939680
I also bought one of the H&K MP5SD 22LRs. Pretty fun plinker. Wasn't really aware of these disassembly issues but i havent had the need to do so, and simple cleaning shouldn't be a problem. It looks cool, feels sturdy and is a fun plinker. That being said i had some real problems sighting the thing in and it's not as accurate as my M&P 15-22 or some 10/22s i've shot. Have just kept it stock so far as i've been doing other projects. Might get a cheap red dot on it and sight that in for better accuracy.
>>
>>33939188
I have the GSG mp5 and the mp5k. They're fun as fuck to shoot. Strangely, I noticed the mp5k version jamming more but the regular one has been great. I love it to death. If you can get it at a cheap price and are fine with cleaning it, it's a decent first gun. Definitely consider the 10/22 though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.