[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give your opinion on this man without resorting to memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 14

Give your opinion on this man without resorting to memes
>>
He killed some ODA guys.
>>
File: mad_dog_pepe.png (690KB, 1242x810px) Image search: [Google]
mad_dog_pepe.png
690KB, 1242x810px
>>33938674
no
>>
>>33938734

I doubt Mattis was the one who failed to call out the shooter at their six
>>
File: Capture3-660x366.png (305KB, 660x366px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3-660x366.png
305KB, 660x366px
>>33938674
Memes aren't a resort, they're the whole island.
>>
>>33938674

He's gonna get a lot of people killed if he can't get Trump under control
>>
>>33938674
too early to judge only after few months in office, but sure as fuck better than that fag Ash Carter
>>
>>33938674
Well-read man with an understanding of history. Seems to be a "fighting general" with how hard he pushes when it comes time to fight, yet at the same time conservative enough to think about whether or not he should fight. Also he has a reputation of being a "soldier's general" who will get down to the front line and make sure everything is unfucked.
Pretty much all the traits I'd admire in a general to be honest.
>>
>>33938674

Terrified he's going to drop dead any moment now

He's like that great-grandpa you had that you liked but knew was going to kick the bucket at any moment
>>
>>33938742
>>33938781
>tripping for no fucking reason at all
oh right, its for attention
>>
>>33938674
He knows what he's doing
>>
File: St_Mattis.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
St_Mattis.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
>>33938674
>without resorting to memes
where do you think you are?
>>
>>33939214
I've seen a few recordings of him on JewTube and he came across as very intelligent, thoughtful and self-restrained. He wasn't spouting catchphrases, buzzwords, trying to sell something or doing everything he can to appeal to the viewer like virtually everyone else in a politic position does as soon as they're being recorded. He also has a bit about him, some presence, when he's on TV even just delivering some typically worded political statements about about who the US supports and who needs to check themselves etc; unlike the majority of wet rag career politicians/civil servants of the last few decades.

Now none of that is going to make him a great Sec of Defense but it does make him look like more of a man than just about all the rest of them.
>>
>>33938674
The one competent guy in the entire deck
>>
File: #MAGA.jpg (17KB, 494x330px) Image search: [Google]
#MAGA.jpg
17KB, 494x330px
>>33940932
This, only good thing to come out of the current white house trainwreck.
>>
File: 1488945276442.jpg (11KB, 539x405px) Image search: [Google]
1488945276442.jpg
11KB, 539x405px
>>33938674
>>
>>33938674
Mattis is fucking awesome and I honestly wish he was president now.
>>
File: Strip_470_Secret_Weapon.jpg (177KB, 1500x762px) Image search: [Google]
Strip_470_Secret_Weapon.jpg
177KB, 1500x762px
I do what I want
>>
File: 1491553743718.jpg (38KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
1491553743718.jpg
38KB, 499x460px
He is a battlefield commander. Not very suited for staff duties.
>>
>>33941678

So he's currently useless?
>>
>>33940997
>>>/California/
>>
>>33944098
>no
>>
File: 1494092900535.png (303KB, 608x547px) Image search: [Google]
1494092900535.png
303KB, 608x547px
>>33938674
hes a good man and a great leader, theres not much els you can say about him without personally meeting him, but ive never met a marine that didnt like matis. honestly theres no fuckin meme lord on this website thats even remotely quilified to give a proffesional opinion on him unless you directly worked under him and are/were a marine.

also hes the blood god and he demands more blood.
>>
>>33941678
>>33944080
hes a man whos actually been there, doing the job of men who previously didnt do shit and know nothing about how the military actually works.

hes literally the hero the military needs, hes like batman.
>>
>>33940045
look on the bright side it makes it super easy to filter their shitty posts
>>
>>33938674
i am in the airforce and i think he is the only thing that can save our pussy culture and turn us into an actual military branch focused on combat instead of bullshit volunteer work and award packages
>>
>>33939131
Trump doesn't need to be controlled.

Why contain it?
>>
>>33940932
No, there's John Kelly too.

DHS has stepped up their game thanks to him.
>>
>>33938674

EYE

BAGS

EYEBAGS
>>
>>33938674
definately rather have this experienced marine as Sec of Defense than someone who hasnt served
>>
>>33944351
>yes
>>
>>33945268

>i.e. someone who thinks pushups mean more than college degrees

Get the fuck off /k/
>>
RIght, ok, lets continue on the path of people who havent seen a battlefield and have a degree with nothing to do with wartime efforts as a secretary of defense, commanding and advising our forces. What a great idea! Ash had a degree in physics, dont see how that made him worthy of being sec of defense, but whatever, youre right man
>>
>>33945304
>>33945278
>>
>>33945278
you're an idiot to think theory rules over experience.
>>
Serious question, is Mattis asexual?
>>
>>33945304
>>33945268
just because you're a good soldier doesn't mean you'll be an effective leader outside in the political world. That's what makes Mattis and McMaster noteworthy, they're very statesman like.
Carter was also head of a few political science schools.
>>
>>33945358
well thats what i mean, i dont like mattis just because of being a marine, i like his intuition as a leader. he seems very knowledgable about the world today, a lot more than most world leaders at least
>>
has he actually done anything to cut the bullshit of Obama's administration?

If it was me. I would eliminate the female PT standard and reduce allowable bodyfat by 10%. then I would also eliminate the barracks as housing for active duty enlisted stateside. building high rise 1 bedroom apartment towers in their place. with drastic changes to the regulations regarding service member housing. so they can feel like they have a home as much as those that have a house on base or live off base do.

i would eliminate the SPC rank from the army.

eliminate the double dipping of UCMJ and civilian law. if a service member does something criminal. then one legal system gets to handle it and the other cannot touch him or her afterwards. no gettting in trouble by ucmj for simply breaking civilian law either, under a certain threshold of course. above the threshold the military just chapters you out with a dishonorable immediately.

all the services would go to the same combat kit. weapons, uniforms, armor, load bearing gear, helmets, etc. the only allowable differences would be hats, rank insignia, and service nametape.
>>
>>33941654
The most cancerous and unfunny thing I have seen all week.
>>
File: Infanterie-390.png (90KB, 1024x384px) Image search: [Google]
Infanterie-390.png
90KB, 1024x384px
>>33945469
>implying this was meant to be funny
>>
>>33945434
>eliminate the double dipping of UCMJ and civilian law.

This opens a whole bag of worms.
>>
>>33945434
>
all the services would go to the same combat kit. weapons, uniforms, armor, load bearing gear, helmets, etc. the only allowable differences would be hats, rank insignia, and service nametape.
This is a terrible idea. For one thing, kind of tried it not that long ago and it didn't last very long. Identity is very important to the different branches of the military. And so are the requirements for camouflage patterns and other requirements like the non-flammability requirement for uniforms worn by the navy.

Similarly, the marines and army have different combat doctrine and different functions (although there is overlap), these differences drive differences in the combat load-out and kits of the army and marines.

You would have to break and reform one or both combat doctrines or load down the kit with extraneous stuff any given soldier does not need to function. And don't get me started on the air-force needs vice the navy's needs.

At this point you would basically need to completely break the armed forces structure down and unify them as a single service. Which will not happen unless it is the only way for the armed forces to survive major budget armageddon.
>>
File: 1460091338332.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460091338332.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>33945275
>>
>>33938674
The only person capable of keeping Trump from tomahawk'ing the wrong country. The only person in the administration that i trust to do a competent job and not just be a source of entertainment and/or concern
>>
>>33944080
I prefer to say that he, shoehorned into his position, is not as much use as if he decided to run for President.

Actually, fuck that. What's the chain of succession to get to him? 5?

We can do it. We can make America uncucked again.
>>
>>33938674
mad cuck mattis
>>
>>33938781
I have a rifles that is capable of firing .22 short, does that mean I can shoot this shit?
>>
>>33945469
The dude who does that strip has met Mattis personally and the general reads the strip, it's cool
>>
>>33947553

Is he married?
>>
Not really following him but I seen awhile ago republicans were getting pissed off with him for not appointing republican staff
That seems to be a good indication of his character from what I've seen about him. A person who doesnt give a fuck about party identity/politics and appoints people based on their capability, not because of political pressure
>>
>>33938674
Personally met him once in 2013 while he was giving a seminar. He took a very practical approach to leadership and seemed respectable as well. When he was asked about the ISIS problem, he said "Violent men only understand one thing: Greater violence. It is your duty as Marines and Sailors to bring it to them." I don't think I'll ever forget that.
>>
>a person who doesnt give a fuck about party identity/politics and appoints people based on their capability, not because of political pressure

I wish every American was like this.
>>
>>33938674
He's a pretty cool guy. I have a copy of meditations signed by him.
>>
>>33940026
He's in his 60s I think. Not even that old considering. This will be his last job I'm sure.
>>
>>33945951
ok so this soldier at Bragg back in the 80s gets arrested for murder. he gets convicted but wins the appeal, by the civilian legal system. he is then allowed to go on and have a long career in the army and even fought in Desert Storm.

he has been retired for years. then someone thinks about the case and digs up an old piece of cloth with blood on it. he gets the military reopen the case and use modern science to see if it was him. they somehow make a guy already retired after more than 20 years of service, come back into the military. so that they can charge him under the UCMJ. which for some reason does not have double jeopardy. they convict him for the murder back in the 80s, sometime in the 2000s.

now, i don't care if he did it or not. I just think that it was unjust how they managed to convict him again.

i also don't like how you have to get in trouble twice for things like speeding tickets. unless you can manage to handle it off base with out your command finding out. which is even riskier if the command does find out and finds otu you didn't tell them.
>>
>>33950846
It's the same shit in the Canadian Army.
>>
>>33945248
Ain't no time to sleep when you have as many asses to kick as Maddog Mattis.
>>
>>33946084
some point in the future, the army will all have M4s and the Marines will all have HK416.

then the air force and navy will change their rifles.

now you have several different service rifles with parts you can't swap between.

the army and the marines both developed, indepdendently, body armor to replace the IBA. they both have all the same features and functions. yet they are different vests from different companies.

the services shouldn't have specific branch patterns. area of operations should dictate the camo worn. you have more types of uniforms and kit that need to be on the logistics train.

not to mention the marines use coyote tan for all their kit. while the army and others use camo colors on their kit. so more different stuff into the logistics train.

marines and the army have been using different bullets in their service rifles.

marines decided they were going to adopt a modernized 1911 in .45acp. then decided not to. though those pistols are still circulating around.

all the services have different standard boots. the marine boots have EGA on them. the chairforce boots are green.

the flame retardent clothing worn by army tankers/fuelers/aviation/ammo could be used by the other services' members that need flame protection.
>>
>>33950894
and rules for evidence and other things are different under UCMJ than US law. so you are more likely to be screwed by UCMJ.
>>
>>33950954
Like I said earlier, it's literally the same thing here.

You can be not guilty in the civilian side but you could still be charged in a martial court.

Like some guys was attacked while he was not in service, the police told he was attacked by some random dude. But he was charged for assault in the martial court.

This is beyond retard.
>>
>>33938674
Hope he can knifehand the phone out of Trumps hands
>>
>>33938674
>Give your opinion on this man without resorting to memes
Patriotic. Steadfast. Loyal. Principled. Ethical...

And taking too damn long to shoot Trump in the face and save us from the fucking tyranny he's slowly transforming the US into.
>>
>>33947447
I would gladly sign up for a team who's express purpose was to kill everyone ahead of Mattis in the line of succession.
>>
>>33950721
Fuck. That's badass
>>
File: Josey Wales Joe Biden.jpg (118KB, 964x314px) Image search: [Google]
Josey Wales Joe Biden.jpg
118KB, 964x314px
>>33938674

I heard he can kill a man just by thinking about him.
>>
>>33951141
You can never stop his Twitter, sorry mate
>>
>>33945434
>reduce allowable bodyfat by 10%
Good luck finding new recruits
>>
>>33944461
Because I don't want to get vaporized
>>
>>33954961
Fatties can get in, but they have to get and stay in shape.
>>
>>33938674
Probably the best decision Trump has made. Although that's a fairly low bar.
>>
>>33951374
dem thar sound like assassin words, boy
>>
>>33938674

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW6nPTK2ZPk
>>
>>33945248
Right, obvious evidence of sodomic mind-control.
>>
>>33940997
Sure thing noguns
>>
>>33947447
stop trying this hard and samefagging all over the thread, we're trying to have a marginally intelligent discussion here
>>
>>33938674

Does he serve Israel?
>>
The one DRUMMPPFFF XD related thing that the swarm of gunless/fuddite concern trolls that flooded into /k/ election year have no negative angle to spin. This is because it's not possible, and that alone, so I'm of the opinion Mad Dog is perfect as SecDef.
>>
Also he got men from ODA 574 killed by generally being over-cautious pussy and somehow believing that a bunch of mudhut dwellers had anti-air assets capable of shooting down fast movers.
>>
>>33938674
/o/ here, brand new to /k/ but I saw this guy getting grilled by the Senate when Trump named him sex defense and his responses really gave me a good impression. He seems 100% focused on his job as sec defense and the people involved and utterly disinterested in all the rest of the political bullshit going on. Efficient. Reminds me of my German grandpa.
>>
>>33947652
I think it's taofladermaus that has a vid on YouTube about using nailgun blanks to fire .22 airgun pellets out of a normal .22 rifle
>>
>>33938674
American hero, a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>33945434
>Reduce allowable body fat by 10%

Yeah man, fuck those in high demand tech fields (cyber) that have no need for stringent standards. We're in the military goddamn pussies.
>>
>>33958722
too many fatties in the military.

service members need to be slim and trim.
>>
>>33945469
fuck you it was hilarious
>>
>>33958764

Even at the expense of having a severely understaffed cyber corps?
>>
>>33959470
Staying thin isn't hard.
>>
>>33959532

But getting smart and staying smart is hard as fuck and we need to keep those people at all costs
>>
>>33945434
>above the threshold the military just chapters you out with a dishonorable immediately.
fuck with that
give them a cheap rifle from the civilian market and put the fucker into a penal battalion, send them on suicide missions
get some use out of the fuckers
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.