[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my stupidity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

So I was just sitting around being a moron like usual and thought up this abomination.

How practical is this design for a heavy tank between 1939 and 1941? Why wasn't there a tank with a turret like this back then? They seemed to try all sorts of wacky shit at the time.
>>
Okay i'll admit this is some pretty high grade autism.
>>
>>33937988
I'm aware, but could you please give me some feedback
>>
>>33938029
>Armor too heavy, would slow down the tank extremly, therefore it would be easier to hit
>way to large turret, therefore easier to hit (the top above the cannon is completely obsolte for example)
>ugly as fuck
>more
>>
>>33937853
That picture is autism incarnate.

But otherwise I think you would have shit internal space
>>
>>33938602
I considered the space issue, but I looked at soviet tank design and didn't think it would be too huge a problem if they could make their tanks work.
>>
>>33938593
>Armor too heavy
Didn't the Tiger II have heavier armor?
>would slow down the tank extremely
I intended it to be theoretically paired with a heavy tank chassis and power plant so this didn't seem like a problem.
>>
>>33938622
It is less than ideal. They dumped the tiny T34 turret as soon as possible IIRC. Look at T34-85 for a more reasonable internal dimensions.
>>
>>33938814
I was referring more to things like the T-55, T-72 and such.
>>
File: strv_103c.jpg (40KB, 480x230px) Image search: [Google]
strv_103c.jpg
40KB, 480x230px
>>33937853

Someone already thought about that.

Since the whole point of it is making slopes for the sake of sloping armor, you have to give it a low profile, but to do that you would have to decrease the heigh of the whole structure, resulting in a fixed gun, and now that everything is at the same level, why don't you simply add a very smooth slope in the front and be done with it?

Then you have this next french amphious tank...
>>
File: SLOPED_ARMOR_ANYONE-e.jpg (16KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
SLOPED_ARMOR_ANYONE-e.jpg
16KB, 256x197px
So as you can see, "sloped autism" has been a thing since WWI and seems to be still going on. Maybe we will stop when we just put tracks on pyramids or something.
>>
>>33938943
I never have seen anyone say the name of that tank and image search doesn't come up with anything useful, would you be so kind as to tell me?
>>
>>33938877
Which are dome shaped, not triangular. Very different internal volume considerations
>>
A circle is the most efficient shape for having as much volume as possible for a given perimeter.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.