[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1494568379684500340186.jpg (797KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1494568379684500340186.jpg
797KB, 3072x1728px
If there's anything you think i need to know about guns please don't hesitate to help me i wanna know everything is to know about guns and I'm to lazy to go and search up gun information
>>
Go here and subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwUBaYw-0s
>>
>>33936333
LMAO DUDE THAT WAS SO GAY LOL WTF
>>
>AK is slavshit, minute of barn trash
>AR is jammomatic mall ninja garbage
>9mm is for women and European men
>45 AARP is slow and bounces off targets
>10mm is god caliber

All you need to know
>>
>>33936252
can you send me back in time, I'll give you all my guns
>>
>>33936252

Best gun.. the one you dont own
Gun you need... the one you dont own

Get my point? Its best to just start trying and buying guns, and see what you like, and then start buying all guns. Its kinda like getting buff, youll never be big enough.
>>
>>33936345
You forgot about .40 keks
>>
Lurk more, faggot
>>
>>33936333
>>33936344
>clicked expecting gay shit
>what I saw was somehow even worse
>>
>>33936252
Your first gun should be a .22 rifle.

You should master safe handling and storage before you ever fire the goddam thing. the NRA publishes handbooks available on Amazon on that very topic. Buy them and read them like you were cramming for an exam.

And keep lurking. That'll get you started.
>>
>>33936600

Touting oft parroted advice without really thinking about it. Cool man. Not everyone needs to start on a .22. I started on a .357 before I was double digit in age. It has affected me in the following ways

>

Buy what you like, OP. Not what someone else tells you. No, don't start on some welded sear runaway full auto shit. But TRY to keep your first couple experiences in a reasonable caliber. What I'm saying is, the .50AE Deagle in the case is badass, yes. But it's not a good first gun. At the same time, don't limit to yourself to .22. .380 is fine. 9mm is fine. .223 is fine. 20g shotgun, fine. 12g, more manageable than not. .45, .338 Lapua, 10g? Probably not a good idea.

But God damnit do I hate it when people shout ".22 IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE CARTRIDGE FOR A FIRST TIME SHOOTER" as the rule of thumb. Are you over ten years old? Yes? You can probably handle more than .22 without flinching.
>>
>>33936252
regardless of whether or not this is bait, I'll reply anyway for anyone lurking.

NEWFAGS TO GUNS:

step 1: LEARN SAFE HANDLING, OPERATION, ETC OF FIREARMS. I can't stress this enough. Theres generally 5-10 golden rules that you need to have hammered into your head, so find a good list and follow it like a bible. Here's some off the top of my head:

1: Trigger discipline. NEVER place your finger on a trigger unless you are going to pull it, and are aiming at something you intend to shoot. If you are testing the trigger of a weapon, make sure it is unloaded first, with the magazine removed if possible, and use snap caps.
2: Watch your muzzle. Pointing a gun at someone is not a good thing. If you're carrying a gun and you accidentally point it at someone as you turn around (IE: I have a rifle held horizontally in my arms across my body, I turn around 180 degrees and for a fraction of a second in the process it was pointing at a dude to the side of me), you are flagging/sweeping them. This one takes practice, but you can get it down. Avoid doing it. No bueno. It will get you kicked off of ranges; the safest place to aim guns when you are carrying them is at the ground. With your finger off the trigger.
3: Do not rely on safeties. They will help keep you safe, but they will not keep you safe alone. Just like any other mechanical component, they can and will fail, sometimes catastrophically; if you leave a safety as the only thing stopping you from getting shot, you will probably get shot. A noteworthy example of this is that an anon here tried to use the safety/decocker on a Makarov (prevents the trigger from being pulled while simultaneously lowering the hammer on the gun), and instead of decocking the pistol, it fired it off into the wall; had it been aimed at himself, he would have shot himself.
>>
>>33936667
4: Assume every gun is loaded. I don't care if it has a loaded chamber indicator or not; just like safeties, they aren't perfect. You can't telepathically know if a gun is loaded or not just by looking at it. To check if a firearm is loaded, remove the magazine (if applicable), and then open the bolt/rack the slide/operate whatever action it has so you can visually check the chamber of the gun (the chamber is where the bullet sits when the gun is ready to fire). Make sure there's no round in it. If your gun has a fixed magazine, such as a pump-action shotgun, check it when you open the gun. Operate the action of the firearm (with your finger far away from the trigger, and the muzzle in a safe direction) several times to ensure that it is clear and there is no cartridge in it. At that point, yes, you should know the gun is unloaded... but know that everyone else is assuming its loaded.
5: Know your target and what lies beyond it. This is a weird way of saying "bullets tend to go farther than you want them to", aka overpenetration. If you have a target set up on a tree branch and you shoot it, the bullet will go through it and continue flying until it either falls to the ground or hits something. If there's a dude a hundred yards away behind your target, you could shoot him, which is obviously not a good thing. When firing a gun for range practice, make sure you have a good backstop (a hill, ideally), and when firing at a living thing (such as common animals like birds, deer, bears, dindus, or other species), make sure there's nothing directly behind them you wouldn't want to hit.

That's the quick rundown I can think of and is a good start, but do your own research. Also, use snap caps when dry firing a weapon. Google those two terms if you dont understand them.
>>
Its it irresponsible to not have a gun safe? I only have 3 rifles, dont feel like it justifies the expense
>>
>>33936683
Step 2: Practice.
You want to establish good shooting habits and control before you go buying a gorillion guns and opr8n. Ideally, you want to do this with a .22LR firearm because of the low recoil, quieter (but not exactly hearing safe) sound, and cheap cost, all of which is extremely beneficial to a newguns. Pick up a gun in .22LR (that's .22 Long Rifle - not .22 Long or .22 Short, and especially not .22 Magnum) and practice with it. There are several good ones available; I personally swear by the Ruger 10/22 for a first rifle and the Ruger MK series for a first pistol, as both are good starting guns that will continue to serve you even when you have a nice collection and lots of experience. Buy a gun (and a box of ammo) and practice with it. Read the fucking manual, the entire thing. Learn how all the controls on it work - the safety, action, magazine, so on, so forth, without loading rounds in it. Then when you're finally ready, find a range and practice. Load your magazine at the range, pop it in, start practicing. I could go on for three more posts on how to develop good shooting habits, but pretty much it burns down to "hold the firearm firmly, aim well, and place your finger in the right spot". For more information, find some good videos on youtube for setting up good shooting form. Also, don't pussy-handle your gun (leaning way back when aiming like most women do).

Step 3: Do whatever the fuck you want. Once you know the basics of a firearm and can handle and shoot it safely, get whatever you want. I would recommend something in an intermediate cartridge before jumping straight into the bigger ones (IE: Get an AR-15 before you go picking up something in .338 Lapua), but if you want to go straight for the big ones that's up to you. You want an Uzi? Get one. Deagle? Why not. AK47? Go for it. Have fun.
>>
File: 20170329_214952-1.jpg (764KB, 2114x2365px) Image search: [Google]
20170329_214952-1.jpg
764KB, 2114x2365px
>>33936652
Opinionated faggot

.22lr is a great round no matter what your experience is. I'm packing up two of mine with a couple other funs for a range trip tomorrow because I want to shoot for a few hours without spending a lot of money.
>>
>>33936715
Few other minor things to finish off:
If you arent sure if a gun is good, ask /k/ and listen to both the positive and negative comments, and then figure out an objective viewpoint from a balance of the two. Most firearms have good points and bad points to them, and most people prefer to only look at one or the other when considering a purchase.
Know the law, and try to know it really well. There are many federal laws that apply to guns, and even more state laws (depending on your state). I can't tell you your state's gun laws, so look them up (especially concealed carry), but from a federal perspective, the big ones to know are:
- SBS/SBR/AOW: Rifles and shotguns (anything with a stock) must have a barrel length of 18"/16" respectively minimum and an overall length of 26". Any shorter and its considered a regulated weapon (SBS/SBR if barrel length too short, AOW if overall length too short) and must be tax stamped. If thats something that interests you, look into it later, just don't modify a gun in a way that makes it illegal.
- Manufacture of machine guns has been banned since 1986. You can purchase machine guns manufactured before that date with a complicated legal process and an enormous price tag. Machine guns manufactured after that date are known as dealer-only and can only be owned by firearms dealers with a law enforcement demo letter. TLDR, no machinegats for you, but there are cheap alternatives like Slidefire and Binary Fire. If you make a semi auto into full auto, big trouble for you.
- 922(R) is a law that bans the manufacture or import of assault weapons with more than 10 imported parts. Its kind of complicated, but the long story short is if you're building something like an AK47, check your 922R compliance before you go throwing it together. Violation of 922R is extremely difficult to prove and AFAIK nobody has ever been caught on it, but I'll leave whether or not you choose to obey the law up to your discretion.
>>
>>33936745
You can purchase firearms online; you have them sent to a local gun store of your choice (give the store a call beforehand to check how they handle transfers first) and then you go to that store to pick it up. Usually you pay a transfer fee to receive the firearm ($30), which is how the gun store pays for the background check and makes a profit off of it.
Firearms manufactured before 1898 as well as black powder firearms are FFL (federal firearms license aka dealer) exempt and can be shipped straight to you, no BG check.
Firearms designated as a curio or relic or more than 50 years old can be acquired similarly through a process known as a Curious and Relic license (C&R). You apply for this for $30 and if you are approved, you can simply buy them online and have them shipped to your door. This applies to many guns such as Mosin Nagants, SKSes, and plenty of older military rifles like the Lee-Enfield series. If you plan to buy some older firearms, invest in a C&R.
Always make sure you have the right ammo for your gun; if you're not sure, ask /k/. Shotgun shells come in different lengths (IE: for 12 gauge, 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2" are the most common), and not all are compatible with your shotgun (you may have a shotgun that accepts 2 3/4 and 3 but not 3 1/2). Similarly, many cartridges for rifles have very similar names (7.62x51 and 7.62x54r, 9mm and 9mm Makarov, etc etc etc), so make absolutely sure its right. +P and +P+ ammo are overpressure ammo that provide more punch but are more volatile, do your research and make sure your gun can handle them before you use them.
Treat your guns well with regular maintenance and cleaning; learn to field strip them.
A safe or cabinet is a good idea if you don't want your guns stolen or misused. Just keep in mind a really dedicated thief will find a way to take them regardless.

I think thats about it. Have fun!
>>
File: th.jpg (11KB, 239x261px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11KB, 239x261px
>>33936252
One thing you need to learn about is caliber multipliers. You'll often see cartridges named as though a math equation, like, 6.5x55, or 5.56x45. The first number is, obviously, the caliber, or diameter of the bullet. The last number is the "caliber multiplier", which indicates how much you should multiply the caliber by to get the cartridge's power factor, which is an indicator of stopping power.

For example, in the pic there are three cartridges of thee different powers:
7.62x39 = 297.18 calibers,
while
7.62x51 = 388.62 calibers,
and
7.62x54r = 1567.7388

This last cartridge has the additional factor r, where r = radius of the caliber, making the power factor obviously much greater. This r factor is used in extremely powerful cartridges designed for war, and used in firearms like the Mosin Nagant.
>>
Damn, /k/ was well behaved this time with minimal faggotry, I'm impressed
>>
>>33936683
Just saying, dude. Your fourth rule should always be rule number 1.

I'm nitpicking, however. Your advice is solid.
>>
>>33938580
underrated post
>>
>>33936252
>guys pls tell me how to get into guns in one easy step
you are either some undercover spy, a skin walker, trying to stir shit, or fucking retarded. No real human being with basic social skills talks like this.
>>
>>33941253
Thanks!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.