[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

spotting a soilder, writing fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1455297689540.jpg (10KB, 236x225px) Image search: [Google]
1455297689540.jpg
10KB, 236x225px
greetings from /lit, writing a story and need help, here is the situation, character B (cop) pulls a gun on character A(vigilante) A sees something in B that suggest that he was a solider before being a cop (specifically a marine), they fight, B goes down, i need two things
1.How could A (who is ex navy) tell with little more than a glance that B was a solider before being a cop
2. Whats something A could say like a insult or passing comment that would B would later recognize as former navy?
>>
Character B says "I see you're at full mast" and winks suggestively at A
>>
>>33936236
damn you for making me laugh that hard
>>
>>33936218

That's easy. Give Character B a tattoo that Character A also has, because they were in the same shit/boat/incident together but never actually met or laid eye on each other before now.

Think Die Hard with Riggs recognizing the villain for having the same 'Nam tattoo.
>>
>>33936645
(Lethal Weapon)
>>
Give him an Eagle Globe and Anchor tattoo (google it) also Marines are not Soldiers. Soldier refers to someone in the Army.
>>
>>33936845

>The Joke

>Your Head
>>
>>33936218
>something in B that suggest that he was a solider before being a cop (specifically a marine)

Character B is eating glue
>>
could not easily follow your story line but ill try to help as i believe i have some relevant knowledge.
1 as others have said a marine is not a solider. neither will like the mix up.
2.common insults between modern marines and sailors . soup sandwich, UNSAT (followed by a shipmate (ironically)), window licker.
3 a sailor could tell a former marine by the way he focuses all of his cognitive power in to normally simple tasks.
hope i understood you and this helps.
>>
>>33936645
Good idea
>>
OP here, best i have come up with is...
1. His stance, im sure even with pistols there has to be something different in the way a career cop and a former solider shoot or hold guns, aside from that B is wearing a military style watch, is wearing a "high and tight", and lastly although its cheap, this is fiction were writing, "his eyes" men who have seen action have "that look"
2. the only 2 things ive come up with are A telling B that his fellow cops or precinct is UNSAT or A calls B a greyenard, a old insult for marines i found online
>>
>>33936218
Character B will immediately yell "I WAS A MARINE! HORAH DEVIL DAWGS!" the moment he sees another human being
>>
>>33936865
B is his police uniform, wouldn't anything not covered by that be a tattoo violation in the corp?
>>
>>33936645
too easy, B has the drop on A, A needs to get him to lower his guard for a sec, so he needs to pull a surprise out of his ass, like knowing Bs military past.
>>
How can you tell if someone was in the marines?

>>33938369
Don't worry he'll let you know
>>
>>33938359
>I'm sure even with pistols there has to be something different in the way a career cop and a former solider shoot or hold guns
Soldiers aren't issued handguns, pretty much only officers get them. Also soldiers, police, and civilians pretty much train with the same stances so it would basically be impossible to tell just on that.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>33938403
Nigga, m9s are lyin around errrwhere
>>
>>33936865
marines are actually soldiers, but marine autism means they are unable to admit it

>>33938403
I've seen machinegunners who were issued pistols.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.