[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cuck Truck Gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: AR7.jpg (54KB, 800x939px) Image search: [Google]
AR7.jpg
54KB, 800x939px
I live in CA (blah blah gay yes, move, roger that) and am looking to keep a gun in my car at all times.

Because of the laws here, pistol is not a real option. Must be in a locked container, kept separate from ammo, etc.

Can't be an AR or "modern sporting rifle" since in a few months the laws will likely call them all assault rifles and strictly control their transportation.

I also don't want to spend much on it. $300 or less, preferably.

Thinking of a take-down .22 (maybe an AR-7) or a cheap shotgun.

TakeDown .22
Pro: Small Size, Easily Stored/Hidden
Con: .22, Needs assembled

Shotgun
Pro: It's a shotgun, ready to go
Con: Size, harder to conceal in car, slightly less accurate

Thoughts? I have plenty of other guns, but want something cheap specifically for the car
>>
>>33935230
Where do you live? If the answer is the high desert or the State of Jefferson, do whatever you want - nobody will care. If it's anything else, then don't carry a gun in your car at all.
>>
>>33935230
youll never find .22 in CA some faggot cliques always buy them all up early in the morning.
>>
>>33935248
I live in North Hollywood. I think the benefit of the takedown .22 is that it can be hidden completely from view always. So a cop would likely never see it and if he does, it's completely legal and non-threatening.
>>33935259
.22 hasn't been that uncommon in LA recently, haven't had too much trouble finding it.
>>
>>33935333
>I live in North Hollywood. I think the benefit of the takedown .22 is that it can be hidden completely from view always. So a cop would likely never see it and if he does, it's completely legal and non-threatening.
Don't even consider carrying a gun in your car, then. This is what I carry in the car in case of road rage: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CS39LSFDT/cold-steel-39lsfdt-leatherneck-tanto-fixed-d2-black-dlc-blade-griv-ex-and-kray-ex-handles-secure-ex-sheath
>>
>>33935449
I'm not super worried about road rage or anything that needs the gun instantly. But why don't carry a gun at all?

CA law is clear on long guns carried in the vehicle. Could theoretically just be sitting in the passenger seat in the open
>>
>>33935467
>I'm not super worried about road rage or anything that needs the gun instantly. But why don't carry a gun at all?
>CA law is clear on long guns carried in the vehicle. Could theoretically just be sitting in the passenger seat in the open
Again, in Jefferson or the desert, nobody would care. And maybe you're legally in the right. But considering LAPD's reputation for delivering beatdowns first and asking questions later, I sure wouldn't risk it.
>>
>>33935230
I keep a Henry AR-7 in my trunk along with 1 500 box of .22lr and 2 50 subsonic .22lr. All of this is stored with the jack and crowbar for tire spare replacement in the panels. I have another backpack though with a high point 45 acp with 3 mags(Dont judge me, cheap and works).

I want to toss a shotgun in there but worried I might get flagged as crazy by police if pulled over with 3 types of shooties.
>>
>>33935230
If you don't mind spending like $500ish you might want to consider a Kel-tec SU-16. Foldable .223 takes AR mags and no fixed mags. I love mine
>>
>>33936805
stop recommending these until i find one!
>>
>>33935230
Bump
>>
What is the purpose of a "truck gun", anyway? I can't think of many reasons to get one myself, since I already CC every day, so I always have a gun on me.
>>
>>33938872
It comes from places with prolonged, actual violence. Colombia, South Africa, Northern Ireland, Namibia, Central Asia etc etc. Common to have a dedicated firearm, particularly when moving large amounts of cargo or things of value across unfamiliar or contested terrain. They've mostly fallen out of vogue, now, due to better concealable weapons and a better approach to security.

Naturally, people who drive lifted F250s and "nearly joined the SEALs" buy them too.
>>
>>33937157
I know right?
you can probably get one from a place like impactguns or a similar site. I have the SU-16a model but would rather have the ca model.
>>
>>33935230
Anon I like the AR-7 but I wouldn't recommend it for a truck gun.

Try and get a pistol caliber carbine like the Kel Tec Sub 2000, or if you're dead set on a .22 get the Ruger 10/22 takedown

The Sub 2000 has far more stopping power than the .22 but if you do opt for the .22 the 10/22 can be assembled much faster than the AR-7, is more robustly built, and can take larger magazines (and also has larger stock magazines with the 10 rounders)
>>
>>33935569

Unless moose or bear are a concern it's just retarded to keep a shotgun in the car if a pistol is already an option
>>
>>33938888
Eh, it's also prevalent in areas of the USA that were once rural, and agricultural, both for hunting game and controlling pests. I think that' what OP is thinking, is being "Ranch-y" more than "Narco-terroristy"
>>
>>33936805
I would definitely be interested in a small carbine for the car, even 9mm, but in CA our "OAL" requirement is 30" for non-registered AWs, so any SU-16 with a folding stock is a no-go here.
>>33938872
Not what the other guy said, it's basically just so you can have a gun around at all times. A lot of places with restrictions on CC might not be as strict about keeping a gun in the car.

I also don't think anyone in America is carrying it to fight off cartels, the vast majority of them are fudds who might want to go hunting at a moments notice or need to put an animal down. In a lot of places 20 years ago, keeping a rifle or shotgun in your car was normal, at least during hunting season.

As for me, I can't CC in Cali, but I'd like to have something nearby for defensive purposes

>>33939661
I'd love a pistol caliber carbine, they're slightly out of the price range I'm looking at and CA has a lot of gay rules about what most of them are going to look like (Beretta CX4 is illegal, for example). Will look into 10/22
>>
File: SU16ca.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SU16ca.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>33940005
When its folded it can't fire. I live in CA and bought it just fine
>>
>>33935230

>Slightly less accurate
You know they have a thing called a slug, which makes them pretty accurate at 100 meters.
>>
>>33935230
As I understand the laws as a former califag, whatever you chose will have to be locked and unloaded with empty magazines. There is ABSOLUTELY no point to what you are trying to do.
>>
>>33940315
Hmm, interesting. I didn't realize it couldn't fire from the folded position. What's interesting then is that there are lots of AKs that can't fire with a side folder on. Or actually I guess the problem is it can fire once before the folded stock interrupts the charging handle.

Thanks for info. Where did you buy yours?

>>33940469
I'd say more like 60m, but still then I'd have to spring for a model with at least half-way decent sights on it. Then I'm also limited to firing basically just slugs if I want to be sure I'm only hitting what I'm aiming at.

>>33940492
Long guns (excluding assault weapons) only have to be unloaded, and the definition of unloaded is basically magazine detached.

They don't even need to be cased, legally speaking.

But in CA legally you could have a Mini-30 sitting there with a loaded magazine next to it and be fine.

If I had a take down 10/22 in my car, it'd probably be in the bag with loaded mags. So to get it in action, open back, attach barrel, insert mag, rack and go.
>>
>>33940315
Looking into it, locally the Kel-Tech SU-16s are running $600 and up.
>>
>>33940582
>>33940606
I bought mine used from Turners Outdoorsman
>>
>>33940582
>I'd say more like 60m, but still then I'd have to spring for a model with at least half-way decent sights on it.

I have an 870P with 18" barrel and only the front bead but was able to reliably slug targets at like 75m. If you're keeping this in your car, what are you expecting to be shooting past that range?

>Then I'm also limited to firing basically just slugs if I want to be sure I'm only hitting what I'm aiming at.

As opposed to a rifle which is limited to only shooting bullets? Get some of that expensive Flitecontrol 00 Buck if you're really worried about collateral damage.

Once again, what are you trying to do with this gun? If you live in LA I can't imagine any possible engagement ranges past 20-30m where running away isn't a far superior option.
>>
>>33938872
Farmers and ranchers actually need truck guns.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.