[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... I was going to fork over ~$850 for one of these today until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 719015111.jpg (42KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
719015111.jpg
42KB, 500x288px
So... I was going to fork over ~$850 for one of these today until I found out they were made in brazil, and had some weird cheap version of cerakote on them.

does /k/ know anything about them? are they good steel or shit brazil steel?

are the internals stainless or are they just steel?

If you have any suggestions for alternatives I'm all ears. must be 10mm in full stainless with a 6" barrel.
>>
File: Kase Reeder 10mm LS.jpg (60KB, 942x700px) Image search: [Google]
Kase Reeder 10mm LS.jpg
60KB, 942x700px
>>
File: 1474292932036.jpg (141KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
1474292932036.jpg
141KB, 900x750px
>>
File: 1474317119391.jpg (1016KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474317119391.jpg
1016KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>33934083

OOOoooo pretty.

but I can't afford a custom gun. the most I'm willing to pay for this thing is 1200. any more and I might as well get a .44 stainless deagle.
>>
OP, I have no experience with that 1911 but I googled it and read its specs. It has a cast frame rather than a forged one, which makes it a no-go for what you want to do.

Despite what some purists will tell you, a cast frame will work for a 1911 as long as you're only sticking with standard pressure .45 ACP. This applies even to Brazilian castings like those found on Springfield 1911s.

The problem is that the 1911 you're looking at is in chambered in 10mm. If you were not aware, 10mm 1911s were infamous for having all kinds of durability problems back in the day, even when made by better companies like Colt. The Brazilian-made Iver Johnson that you posted will likely experience frame cracking inside of 5k rounds if you buy it.

>what should I buy instead then

I have no idea. I just know that you should probably buy the best gun you can for 10mm if you want it to last for the long haul.
>>
>>33934095
i have a gb100 6" stainless already. I don't want a 10 revolver.

>>33934088
I've considered it, but I want something pretty right now.
I've been looking for those long slide cz's and tanfoglios but they don't come in stainless. assholes should know their customer base.
>>
>>33934128
Why are you so set on stainless?
>>
>>33934120

I've got a RIA and it's lasted me 1000's of rounds so far. I wouldn't have bought it had I known at the time it was phillipene. but it's lower has no cracks; my only complaint is it has a standard size barrel and isn't stainless. I've been shooting sig FMJ's and federal red box hydro-shoks out of it no problem.
>>
>>33934133

I live near the ocean and it rains a shit ton here. oil gets expensive and I hate having to worry about my guns. I have to oil everything at least once a week or it gets a fine oxide finish, even if I haven't handled them. I'm switching to stainless from now on. my gb100 only got a little rusty on the inside of the trigger guard because I neglected it for months. plus it's pretty. whatever I get is getting abalone grips.

this gun is pretty much just for making me feel good. it's the idea.
>>
>>33934120

and thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>33934149
While I would not buy one, the people dumping on RIAs for being made in the Philippines are either jingoistic or uninformed. They apparently are very solid. According to the durability reports of the guy who runs the Battlefield Vegas shooting range (someone whose business goes through literally hundreds of thousands of rounds every month), they have held up very well in the long run--better than the Springfield Mil-Specs actually, IIRC.
>>
>>33934227

mine's doing great. front sight was crooked when I got it so had that hammered straight, otherwise I haven't had any problems.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.